Game Crazy pre-Christmas/post Christmas sale (Open on Christmas Day)

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Looked through the first 3 pages and didn't see any posts about this. I got their email earlier today. The ad says these promotions are good for 12-22 through 12-31 and it says all Game Crazy locations will be open on Christmas Day.

http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/ad/default.aspx

Buy 2 get 1 free on used PS2, XBox, and GBA games
Buy a used PS2 or XBox console, get 1 game free
$5 Used PS2/Xbox games- 3 for $10
Buy 1 get 1 free on used PS2, XBox, Gamecube, and GBA games $18.99 or less

(Hot deals Dec. 23-29)
Wario DS $15
Jam Sessions DS $20
Some Master Chef DS game $20
Some Teddy Bear DS game I can't read $25

Hot Price games [no range of dates given but I imagine its 23-29th]

PS3

Lair $40
GRAW 2 $40
R6 Vegas $40
UL: Dark Kingdom $30

PS2
Smackdown vs. Raw 08 $40

PC
WoW Battle Chest $30
WoW $20
WoW Burning Crusade $20 (get the chest it's $10 cheaper than buying both seperate)
World in Conflict $20
Unreal Tournament III $40

Spiderman 3 $20
Lost Planet $20
Tenchu Z $20
Stranglehold $30
Two Worlds $30
Forza 2 $40

Used sale prices [again not noted but probably 23-29th]

$15

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine Gamecube
Black PS2
God of War PS2
Kingdom Hearts II PS2
Lego Star Wars II PS2
GRAW 360
PGR 3 360
Sonic the Hedgehog 360

$25
Madden 08 PS2
NCAA Football 08 PS2
Transformers PS2
Fight Night Round 3 PS3
Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii
Sonic and the Secret Rings Wii
Def Jam ICON 360
Need for Speed Carbon 360
Saint's Row 360

Used sale prices [again not noted but probably 23-29th]

Its not noted cause those are everyday prices, not 1 week sale prices.

I would like to know if Xbox consoles will still be $49.99 after Xmas, cause I was going to try and find one tomorrow. Its kind of a bitch just to find a Game Crazy with a used Xbox at this point.

Wario DS, is that Wario Master of Disguise? Or one of the Warioware games. If it is Wario Master of Disguise I will probably bite on this one because I need that and Warioland 4 to complete my collection (I have every mario/warioland game except those 2).

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']Stranglehold is going to be $29.99 new?! DAMMIT, I just got my order from Newegg.com, for $37.99.[/quote]

Whoa, dude, it's $8 difference. I know we're CAGs, but life goes on...:)

How's the game?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wario DS, is that Wario Master of Disguise? Or one of the Warioware games. If it is Wario Master of Disguise I will probably bite on this one because I need that and Warioland 4 to complete my collection (I have every mario/warioland game except those 2).[/quote]

It's the Wario Master of Disguise DS game.

[quote name='davo1224']Is there really any reason for them to be open on Christmas? Not exactly like they have mega deals.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking. But I guess their thought process is that if they're open and doing business, every customer they get is one their competition loses.

Or maybe it's punishment for not selling enough MVP memberships.

[quote name='davo1224']Is there really any reason for them to be open on Christmas? Not exactly like they have mega deals.[/QUOTE]

Their open 365 days a year just like the Hollywood Videos most of them are attached to. Hollywood has been open 365 days ever since I can remember. Having managed one of the HW its kinda crazy, but nobody else is open and s#!tloads of people go into them stores.

I'd imagine there are a few non-Game Crazy customers that will actually venture into GC on Xmas day but damn, I doubt its enough to make up for the fact that nobody will be shopping that day.

I guess it is good for parents that just buy their kids giftcards to the game store. They can go out Xmas morning and use it right away--probably the best reason to be open on Xmas day.

Kinda misleading with the 3 for $10 part of their ad. Shows Splinter Cell: DA & DBZ:BT2, which neither are $4.99, so they're not part of the deal.

Speaking of the 3 for $10 deal, went today and noticed that they dropped a couple of the $7.99 games to $4.99 for the deal. Grabbed a couple, since Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 is getting boring as hell.

BTW, the store I went to had no idea the used games $7.99 or higher were part of the B2G1 deal.

Gamecrazy also has a pretty awesome employee appreciation coupon sheet floating around too:

4 for 20 new games $18.99 or less (x3)
20% off any new game (x2)
25% off any new accesory (x2)
30% off any used game (x2)

These sheets were only given out to employees but I have had some success obtaining a few sheets(traded a bullet witch and an elebits) so if you're friendly with your gamecrazy crew, you might want to ask about them.

The Full Ad is scanned on the website. It's really hard to read all of the small print, but on the last page is says that "All prices effective 12/25/07-12/28/07"
I could be wrong, here's the last page of the Ad. Check the really small print at the bottom...
CRAZ-3758CrazyComic6.jpg

Here is the link to the full advertisement on their site: http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/ad/6.aspx

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']The Full Ad is scanned on the website. It's really hard to read all of the small print, but on the last page is says that "All prices effective 12/25/07-12/28/07"
I could be wrong, here's the last page of the Ad. Check the really small print at the bottom...
CRAZ-3758CrazyComic6.jpg

Here is the link to the full advertisement on their site: http://www.gamecrazy.com/other/ad/6.aspx[/quote]
Well damn I was hoping to pick up Lost Planet today! Has anybody visited a GameCrazy to see if the marked down prices are available today??

[quote name='MSUHitman']I was hoping Scorch could come in and clarify some things from this ad. Maybe he can with this bump :)[/quote]

Everything he posted is legit, but the only problem is that most of those prices are regular price.

The whoe "Used sale price" of $14.99.. all of that stuff has been $14.99 and has for months. Everything listed used for $24.99 is also stuff that has been $24.99 for a while.

The only deal i'm looking at is hopefully a used Tenchu Z for $14.99 (if the new moves to $20, it's possible the used will go to 14.99).

Regarding being open Christmas day.. at least they open at noon. I worked Thanksgiving so i'm off for Christmas (yay!). You'd think Christmas would be a slow day, but my store did 70+ transactions last year and made over $4K (which is a decent amount for a GC store).

My favorite part of the ad is "NO LONG LINES" which is funny to me considering that the sale starts on Christmas Day...

Does anybody know what Monster Madness trades in at GameCrazy for? I might trade it in towards Lost Planet...

Well I just went to my local GameCrazy this morning and they still had the price for Lost Planet at $30 in the system. When exactly does this sale start???

Why would the ad start on Christmas Day when it states '2 Days Left' on Page 1 of the ad. I think based on this, the sale starts today. Used Tenchu Z for the win (hopefully...)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Why would the ad start on Christmas Day when it states '2 Days Left' on Page 1 of the ad. I think based on this, the sale starts today. Used Tenchu Z for the win (hopefully...)[/quote]

Well I can confirm that the stores I tried (one a physical location, the other I called) stated that the price for Lost Planet is still $29.99. So I'm assuming that this sale may start on 12/25 and end on 12/28 like another poster said because that's what it says in the small print...

Does anyone know if a 4-5 year old could handle Wario Master of Disguise? I remember seeing a GT review that showed it being a bit difficult.

That's the cheapest World in Conflict has been AFAIK, GoGamer will have it for that price too (post-Christmas) but it might be an import, plus shipping.

I've got the ad so Wal-Mart price match here I come. And the ad I have is 12/23-12/26.

Any retailer that opens on Christmas should have the CEO/person who made that decision die a slow painful death.

The only places that should be open are the police stations and medical emergency units/hospitals incase someone gets hurts or needs a ambulance.

Hell even Wal-Mart is closed Christmas day. I'm sure that will change in a few years though.

[quote name='raregamergirl']What is the xbox/ PS2 system deal exactly? Anybody have any idea? it just says get a free game. Any restrictions?[/quote]

Looking at the small print, it doesn't say anything about restrictions. It only says 1 per a guest.

went to GC

b1g1 new last gen games is true

they didn't have a new Lost planet however they had a used copy 13.49/14.99!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The only places that should be open are the police stations and medical emergency units/hospitals incase someone gets hurts or needs a ambulance.[/quote]

Which is exactly why GC is open Christmas day, there's no where else to go.

I really fucking hate that we're open Christmas day. It's retarded. But it's one of the company's biggest $$ days so they won't close for Christmas anytime soon.

I stopped by today, on the off chance that the prices were already lower, since the ad is very blurry. The cashier person actually showed me the ad, and it wasn't effective until the 26th. They currently have another ad out, and I was told that there is only one active at a time despite it being on the website....

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Any retailer that opens on Christmas should have the CEO/person who made that decision die a slow painful death.

The only places that should be open are the police stations and medical emergency units/hospitals incase someone gets hurts or needs a ambulance.

Hell even Wal-Mart is closed Christmas day. I'm sure that will change in a few years though.[/QUOTE]

And since when did everyone celebrate Christmas? It'd probably be easier to work on Christmas since there would be fewer customers.

[quote name='moojuice']I stopped by today, on the off chance that the prices were already lower, since the ad is very blurry. The cashier person actually showed me the ad, and it wasn't effective until the 26th. They currently have another ad out, and I was told that there is only one active at a time despite it being on the website....[/quote]

I called my local Gamecrazy's yesterday asking about World in Conflict. One didn't carry PC games (!) and the other said they had two copies which they have had forever: "nobody buys that game." They said they were $39.99. They hadn't heard of any ad but seemed like they might give me the $19.99 price if I brought in the ad.

Of course, I have no way of proving that the ad is valid due to the illegible dates. Some things in the ad imply it began 12/23, but various reports here suggest the advertised prices aren't in effect. With their own employees not aware of their own ads, and their lame website posting, I now understand why I've been to this store once in about 5 years. Unless they're addressing an underserved population in BFE that has no alternatives, i see this place joining CompUSA soon.

Well I called both of my local GameCrazy stores about 15 minutes ago and both of them still have Lost Planet for $29.99. Can anyone confirm that this sale is real?

[quote name='Pck21']Well I called both of my local GameCrazy stores about 15 minutes ago and both of them still have Lost Planet for $29.99. Can anyone confirm that this sale is real?[/quote]

Sigh...

Did you have them scan it?

[quote name='kevzik']Sigh...

Did you have them scan it?[/quote]

Nope I didn't, just called. Kinda risky to have them scan it first without any kind of confirmation from other people, don't you think? Plus the used price was $24.99 and I thought they would drop the price of the used to be less than the new deal, correct?

bread's done
Back