Game Informer $4.99 for 1 year subscription at Tanga

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Does anyone now how to check when your subscription expires if you currently get GI because of Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Look at the mailing label, it should say when your subscription is good until

The EDGE card is only included with the magazine if you buy it at GameStop. The ways you can look at it are you pay $15 for the EDGE card, and get the magazine for free, or you pay $10 for the EDGE card and $5 for the magazine, or $5 for the EDGE card and $10 for the magazine or whatever combination that equals the $15 at GameStop.

I got this magazine during the last sale Tanga had (June? July? Somewhere in that time period). I've gotten 2 issues so far and it's not horrible, but it's not the best. Either way, I think it's worth the $5 price tag.

I don't shop at GameStop enough to make the EDGE card worth it, so just the magazine for $5 is decent for me. I'm sure it will come back before my subscription ends in 2011, so I won't bite now. But thanks for the heads-up :).

[quote name='crunchewy']Who would pay for Game Informer outright, versus buying an Edge card at Gamestop? At least at Gamestop you get something worth the price![/QUOTE]

I would and I do. Because I like the magazine but I hate the store, I dont shop at gamestop and dont plan to again. Besides why do I want a discount card for used games that are normally in shitty condition and over priced sold by annoying employees? I saved a hell of a lot more money on ebay, amazon and gamefly getting used games in great condition than I ever did at lamestop.

[quote name='nothernobody']So if I purchase 2 orders of this would I be set for 2 years, or would I just be getting 2 copies in 1 year?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well.

I dont understand the hate for Game Informer really. If you don't like it, what are some better alternatives? I get Game Informer, OXM, and Official US Playstation Magazine (or whatever the hell its called), and Game Informer is by far the best of those 3 imo.

[quote name='United_Korea']how do i change the delivery address? i'm moving this month.[/QUOTE]

Go to their website and click customer service at the very bottom. ;)

And looks like I missed out it's showing as dead. I never renewed my Edge card this year and I miss the mag but haven't set foot in GS in months which is good. :D

[quote name='crunchewy']Who would pay for Game Informer outright, versus buying an Edge card at Gamestop? At least at Gamestop you get something worth the price![/QUOTE]
At gamestop you never get a good deal, use ebay and save alot more money. :D

[quote name='$hady']Go to their website and click customer service at the very bottom. ;)

And looks like I missed out it's showing as dead. I never renewed my Edge card this year and I miss the mag but haven't set foot in GS in months which is good. :D[/QUOTE]

Which link did you use? This one?

http://www.tanga.com/products/game-informer-magazine--6

The price shows $14.99 but you have to apply GAMES as a promo/coupon during checkout to get the $5.99 price.

[quote name='cheech794']Already have a subscription going, will this re-up my subscription for another year?[/QUOTE]

I've never had 2 issues come to me at the same time. Every time I purchase from here, they just extend my original subscription. Of course, I would make sure the mailing label information is the same.

Me, I subscribe ever year yet rarely do anything with my Edge Card... I'm just not a fan of Gamestop and try not to do much business with them. I think Forza 3 LE was the last time I bought a game new/used from them... before that I don't remember.

That said I do like print media for video games and, well, there not much selection left, but truth be told, Gamestop does a great job with GI.

I see more first look/world premiere articles on games there than in all other magazines combined.

Game Informer is a bit too biased these days, and I think their writing staff has always been iffy but now its a bit worse. $5.00 for any gaming mag isn't bad though, but keep in mind this is basically just a time-killer magazine to read when bored, not something to worship.

bread's done
Back