Game Informer Coupon - Edge/More Card peeps

PezRadar

CAGiversary!
July issue contains a B2G1F for used games coupon with an Edge/More Card at EB/GS.

Also contains a coupon for $20 dollars extra in trade in credit for system trade ins for Gamecube/XBox/PS2/DS/PSP. Same thing as the FSI deal.

Just a nice heads up for people who may of missed this.

Only works for GameInformer Subscribers with valid Edge/More card.

Expires 7/31/06

[quote name='PezRadar']For the love of god people.. Barely anyone should have the magazine yet so calm down. Just because you dont get it on the first second of the first minute on the first hour doesnt mean its the end of the world.

Like I said, I get my issues early cuz im "special".[/quote]

3 Marvel VS Capcom 2 for 120 dollars.......drools

My mag came yesterday and I'm not 'special', and it tends to come this early for me normally (Typically between the 15th-20th), so I can see why people might be slightly freaking out.
Will be using it to trade in my fiance's DS as he's in the market for a lite.

Thanks to the OP, I probably wouldn't have even opened the mag to find the coupon if I hadn't read the topic.

[quote name='rcaido']i have a co-worker who brings this magazine to work...Hopefuly he leaves it so i can take the coupon....:lol:[/QUOTE]
Does he leave his Edge/More card too? You're going to need one of those to use the coupon.

Barely anyone should have the magazine yet so calm down. Just because you dont get it on the first second of the first minute on the first hour doesnt mean its the end of the world.

Um..I really dont care that much. There wasnt one exclamation point in my thread. LOL. I was simply stating the fact I dont have it yet:roll:

I saw the issue at Gamestop today, with the coupon inside it. The employee said I could use the deal by just getting the new card for 15, which I will do around my birthday. I will have to make sure that I get two games that are worth 25 or so to make getting the card worth it. Besides, I need to upgrade...my Edge card is going to expire in September.

I wonder if you can use more than one coupon, meaning if I wanted to trade in two systems, take one to one EB and another to a different EB. Also, does the extra 10% on trades stack with the coupon, i.e. if I trade in an Xbox for $60 + $20 coupon bonus, do I get an extra $8 from my Edge card?

got my magazine a week or 2 ago, but just used the coupon today--

Castlevania DS
Animal Crossing DS

*drum roll*

Phoenix Wright -- FREE! :D :D :D Caught it a minute after they put it out

All complete/mint

(yes, I own another DS lite)

[quote name='sanjuro']Nice. Were you able to stack the 10% off More/Edge discount like you can with standard B2G1F sales?[/QUOTE]

yep. but I bought PW and AC at one store with the 10%, then hopped over to another to get DoS. ymmv with all 3 at one store (some clerks denied me during the B2G1)

[quote name='addicted2games']Got my magazine in the mail today. Now to use that coupon on three copies of Marvel Vs Capcom 2. Yeah, right! ? I need to find some games.[/QUOTE]

I bet you could easily find them between now and expiration if they come in as often as they do around here. of course, that's 120 bones.

[quote name='Apossum']I bet you could easily find them between now and expiration if they come in as often as they do around here. of course, that's 120 bones.[/QUOTE]
But you could sell them at about $75 each on ebay. That would be $225 - $120 purchase price = $105 - $15 ebay/paypal fees = $90 profit.

that works too, if they're mint/complete. that's almost a DS lite or PSP in my book :)

[quote name='jezebelseven']My mag came yesterday and I'm not 'special', and it tends to come this early for me normally (Typically between the 15th-20th), so I can see why people might be slightly freaking out.
Will be using it to trade in my fiance's DS as he's in the market for a lite.

Thanks to the OP, I probably wouldn't have even opened the mag to find the coupon if I hadn't read the topic.[/quote]

Seeing how you received yours yesterday and I received mine over a week ago, I'd say its a pretty significant time difference. The magazines ship out in batches and not every magazine is shipped at the exact same time. Also people were asking "Wheres my magazine?" like the day or day after I made this post.. much earlier along.

Um..I really dont care that much. There wasnt one exclamation point in my thread. LOL. I was simply stating the fact I dont have it yet:roll:
okay and you aren't the only one who said that in this thread? grats.

[quote name='Americanpierg']lol 75? theyre getting 90+ easily, complete topping over 100. you cant just watch the price you see, the bidding really picks up in the last 30 seconds of the auctions. mine that was missing a manual went from 80 to 100 in the last minute

so adjusting that, its $95 each so thatd be $285 - $120 + $12 (edge card)= 177 - $18 ebay/paypal fees (~%6.3) - $6 (shipping) = $153 profit...free ds lite plus half a game...not too shabby[/QUOTE]
yeah bidding wars can get crazy. You put shipping cost in there, but I make the buyer pay shipping. So it doesn't cost me a cent. In fact I charge about a dollar extra on top of actual shipping.

oh yeah, after I use my coupon I got in my subscription mag, can I use another one in a store copy later on if I find some more games I want? Or do you think the computer keeps up with your card and knows you already used the coupon once?

Damn co-worker didn't bring in his magazine...I went to Gamestop & i asked if i can buy the magazine & they told me i have to do the subscription...I told them i already susbscribe 3 weeks ago but have not receive my issue yet & may not as new subscribers usually have to wait 4-8 weeks until they get the mag...

The guy wouldn't budge...I dont see what's the big deal...These sales clerk acting like they own the store....

[quote name='rcaido']Damn co-worker didn't bring in his magazine...I went to Gamestop & i asked if i can buy the magazine & they told me i have to do the subscription...I told them i already susbscribe 3 weeks ago but have not receive my issue yet & may not as new subscribers usually have to wait 4-8 weeks until they get the mag...[/QUOTE]
Why did you even bother? You were already told you need the card. The coupon clearly states "must present a valid Edge or More card".

[quote name='caffolote']Can I use the coupon and buy 4 games and get 2 free?[/quote]
Is this really a serious question?

Seriously...

Seem like a valid question to me...Maybe there is a limit in how many used games to get w/coupon...This is gamestop/eb remember...

When I signed up for game informer at GS, the guy gave me the old may issue as well as the june issue. I thought he was being nice throwing it in for free, but yesterday I received another June issue. Does anyone think he may have started the subscription with may? That would suck!

I have yet to receive the July issue, I hope it gets here soon.

Does anyone know if EB takes GS More Cards yet? All the GS close to me have closed, but there are two EB's.

[quote name='rcaido']Seem like a valid question to me...Maybe there is a limit in how many used games to get w/coupon...This is gamestop/eb remember...[/quote]

It says BUY 2 GET 1 FREE. It is only good with one set of games. Choose 3 and get the cheapest of the 3 free. As far as them not selling you the book only, thats ridiculous. If I see that someone just subscribed, the new issue comes in, I'll most likely throw them the new issue and let them know that they might get another in the mail before the sale ends. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Walmart sells game informer magazines now, so you might be able to pick them up there if you have a Wally World near by. Hope this helps.

Anybody know if I buy a couple more mags to get the coupon out of if I can use it on separate visits, or do they record how many times you've used the coupon or something?

So do you guys think i'll get in trouble if i goto walmart & rip out the coupon...:D

Damn i thought there was no limit to the buy 2 get 1 free deal like they had 2 weeks ago...Probably wont go to all that trouble then...

[quote name='rcaido']So do you guys think i'll get in trouble if i goto walmart & rip out the coupon...:D

Damn i thought there was no limit to the buy 2 get 1 free deal like they had 2 weeks ago...Probably wont go to all that trouble then...[/QUOTE]

I hope you'll get in trouble if you rip out the coupon. Just buy the damn magazine.

[quote name='rcaido']How much are the magazines? Can i buy it then return it back...Without coupon of course...:lol:[/quote]

just shoplift the damn magazine, i have my own magazine stand in my room now because of the lack of security, magazines are ok but dont try to sneak out with memmory cards (sandisk, SD mimi, etc), i learned that the hard way. I might hit up walmart to take the rest of their game informers tomorrow, they have about 20 left in stock... gotta love wearing a jacket in june!!!

Just to clarify, you NEED the card to get the coupon to work. That's the stipulation that we enforce, so everybody saying "just steal the magazine" or "just rip the coupon out" is just going to look like an idiot when they don't have their card with them.

Yes, I am a GameStop employee.

I hope when I sign up for this card that the first free issue is for July!
Is this magazine available at other retailers besides Walmart and Gamestop/EBgames? Sorry if this has been asked already.

[quote name='rcaido']So do you guys think i'll get in trouble if i goto walmart & rip out the coupon...:D
[/QUOTE]

It's crap like that that ruins deals for other CAGs when they go in to do the right thing and buy the mag, and come home and find the coupons ripped out. Not cool.

Either be patient and wait for your mag in the mail, or just go buy your own.

Does anyone know if EB takes GS More Cards yet? All the GS close to me have closed, but there are two EB's.

Mine does, dunno if that will work for all stores, but my EB has taken my GS card twice now.

my mag didn't come so the guys at gamestop were nice enough to give me a free one because I asked (I renewed my card, but the magazine probably wouldn't have come for this month).

Thanks for the heads up OP! I haven't finished reading the July issue so I didn't notice the coupon. OMW to the local GS now :)

[quote name='reibeatall']Just to clarify, you NEED the card to get the coupon to work. That's the stipulation that we enforce, so everybody saying "just steal the magazine" or "just rip the coupon out" is just going to look like an idiot when they don't have their card with them.

Yes, I am a GameStop employee.[/QUOTE]Do you know if the 10% off More/Edge discount is supposed to stack with this like it does with the regular B2G1F sales? Thanks.

[quote name='reibeatall']Just to clarify, you NEED the card to get the coupon to work. That's the stipulation that we enforce, so everybody saying "just steal the magazine" or "just rip the coupon out" is just going to look like an idiot when they don't have their card with them.

Yes, I am a GameStop employee.[/quote]

I already stated that, and I work in Gvine. =/

[quote name='rcaido']So that wasn't you in the black trench coat running off w/ that magazine rack....[/quote]

No that was me...the joke was the poor alliteration of jacket in june.

bread's done
Back