Game Informer Coupon - Edge/More Card peeps

PezRadar

CAGiversary!
July issue contains a B2G1F for used games coupon with an Edge/More Card at EB/GS.

Also contains a coupon for $20 dollars extra in trade in credit for system trade ins for Gamecube/XBox/PS2/DS/PSP. Same thing as the FSI deal.

Just a nice heads up for people who may of missed this.

Only works for GameInformer Subscribers with valid Edge/More card.

Expires 7/31/06

Ok, I'm guessing this doesn't work with the old Edge cards.

So, if I were to upgrade to one of the newer ones, would I actually get the July issue? And what would they do with the amount of time left on my current Edge subscription? Just add it onto what I get with the new one?

[quote name='Abalistar']Ok, I'm guessing this doesn't work with the old Edge cards.

So, if I were to upgrade to one of the newer ones, would I actually get the July issue? And what would they do with the amount of time left on my current Edge subscription? Just add it onto what I get with the new one?[/QUOTE]

For the first issue, they give you the latest one they have in store (so if they have the July issue in store, you'll get it). Your actual subscription, the remaining 11 issues, starts from whenever GI receives and processes your info from EB/GS.

I'm not sure if they'll add on the remaining time to your new EDGE card from your old one though.

[quote name='gofishn']I just got an Edge card two weeks ago and those bastards didn't give me a free magazine![/quote]

haha i go tthe june issue when i signed up...when july was out

Same here, and the manager (who was ringing up my purchase) made a point to open up the June issue and show me the two coupons, even asked if I wanted to use the B2G1 that very day to get a free game. I was only buying a couple el-cheapo's (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Star Wars Rogue Squadron II) so it only would have been worth a $6.99 freebie. Figured I would pass until I could snag something a little more worthwhile. :)

Used prices seemed a little higher than GameCrazy (where I used to do all my shopping), but the selection was considerably better. Also seemed to me that the B&M prices were a hair higher than those typically quoted on their website. Anyone confirm that, or was I imagining things?

[quote name='sanjuro']Do you know if the 10% off More/Edge discount is supposed to stack with this like it does with the regular B2G1F sales? Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, it'll stack.

[quote name='PezRadar']I already stated that, and I work in Gvine. =/[/quote]

Really? I'm in Frisco.

[quote name='PezRadar']July issue contains a B2G1F for used games coupon with an Edge/More Card at EB/GS.

Also contains a coupon for $20 dollars extra in trade in credit for system trade ins for Gamecube/XBox/PS2/DS/PSP. Same thing as the FSI deal.

Just a nice heads up for people who may of missed this.

Only works for GameInformer Subscribers with valid Edge/More card.

Expires 7/31/06[/quote]the buy 2 get 1 free also works for DVD's

[quote name='noodles']
Used prices seemed a little higher than GameCrazy (where I used to do all my shopping), but the selection was considerably better. Also seemed to me that the B&M prices were a hair higher than those typically quoted on their website. Anyone confirm that, or was I imagining things?[/quote]

Yeah i bought a couple of games in the b2g1f a few weeks ago & the prices were different from the website...I informed the dude working there & he told me pricetags are different but will ring up with the correct price...

Still have no magazine :cry: So is it confirmed that buying 2 used get 1 free is the limit or has anyone else able to pick more....Can you use these on accessories?

Sorry to bump this up for a stupid question, but does anyone know if this might work on used accessories as well? I know the coupon only mentions used games and DVDs, but I know they work in standard B2G1F sales. Thanks.

[quote name='sanjuro']Sorry to bump this up for a stupid question, but does anyone know if this might work on used accessories as well? I know the coupon only mentions used games and DVDs, but I know they work in standard B2G1F sales. Thanks.[/quote]

YMMV with stores.. call and double check.. Some stores allow it some dont, my guess is 70% NO 30% Yes.

[quote name='CaoPi']great so if I didn't subcscribe to game informer but have an edge card I can't use this B2G1 free coupon?[/QUOTE]
If you can get the coupon, yes.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']
When I signed up for my edge card in May, they didn't subscribe me to GI. But I only paid like $1-3 for the card. Dammnit. Now I wish I would've.​

[/quote]

I think GI went into place late May early June at most EB's..

[quote name='PezRadar']I think GI went into place late May early June at most EB's..[/quote]
Dammit. Probably the day after I got mine knowing my luck.:bomb:

I used the coupon in my issue already. Can I buy another issue and use the coupon again? I figure the magazine is $6.00 and if I am spending more the $10 on the free game it is worth it. Anyone know if this works?

[quote name='mer71']I used the coupon in my issue already. Can I buy another issue and use the coupon again? I figure the magazine is $6.00 and if I am spending more the $10 on the free game it is worth it. Anyone know if this works?[/quote]
I bought a magazine and used the coupon the same purchase. So yes, it works.

I went into EB yesterday. Grabbed a GI magazine, ripped the coupon out, shoved it into the managers face, then got B2G1 with no hassle. As I was leaving he started to give me lip, so I kicked over the magazine rack for good measure. Too bad there was a little kid standing on the other side. It sucks that he was an innocent victim of my wrath. But shit happens, you know?

[quote name='munch']I went into EB yesterday. Grabbed a GI magazine, ripped the coupon out, shoved it into the managers face, then got B2G1 with no hassle. As I was leaving he started to give me lip, so I kicked over the magazine rack for good measure. Too bad there was a little kid standing on the other side. It sucks that he was an innocent victim of my wrath. But shit happens, you know?[/QUOTE]

What a fucking hardass.

[quote name='munch']I went into EB yesterday. Grabbed a GI magazine, ripped the coupon out, shoved it into the managers face, then got B2G1 with no hassle. As I was leaving he started to give me lip, so I kicked over the magazine rack for good measure. Too bad there was a little kid standing on the other side. It sucks that he was an innocent victim of my wrath. But shit happens, you know?[/QUOTE]

LMFAO... hey I was thinking to do something similar... my GS usually will give me a copy of GI if I tell them I missed my issue for some reason... so here's my CAG contribution:

Grab a few of those B2G1F coupons, buy a bunch of the $1.99 or $2.99 games, trade them back in for the trade 3 get extra $10, you'll make about $7to $9 per trade.. do that 5 or 6 times and you have yourself a free LE FFXII!!! :lol:

..... I actually found 2 Marvel vs capcom 2's for the Ps2 and 1 Mar v cap 2 for the xbox at one store in Cincinatti Ohio on on the last buy 2 get 1 free sale

[quote name='gamezoidman']..... I actually found 2 Marvel vs capcom 2's for the Ps2 and 1 Mar v cap 2 for the xbox at one store in Cincinatti Ohio on on the last buy 2 get 1 free sale[/quote]

300 dollars on ebay...drool

I have a question maybe someone who works at GS or EB or goes there often can anwser for me.

If I wanted to use the 20.00 extra trade in value coupon for game systems when I trade in my PS2, could I then turn around, go to another store and request the trade in credit in cash (minus the 20% or whatever they take) ?

(I know its shady, but I need the money).

Thanks for the help.

V

[quote name='Veritas1204']I have a question maybe someone who works at GS or EB or goes there often can anwser for me.

If I wanted to use the 20.00 extra trade in value coupon for game systems when I trade in my PS2, could I then turn around, go to another store and request the trade in credit in cash (minus the 20% or whatever they take) ?

(I know its shady, but I need the money).

Thanks for the help.

V[/QUOTE]

I believe that in order to get cash for a trade-in it has to be at the time of the trade-in, not after the fact from the store credit slip (or card for EB).

[quote name='gamezoidman']..... I actually found 2 Marvel vs capcom 2's for the Ps2 and 1 Mar v cap 2 for the xbox at one store in Cincinatti Ohio on on the last buy 2 get 1 free sale[/quote]

Ha ha, that's cool, cause today I bought my third copy of the game and I still haven't gotten to play any of them!! The 2 PS2 versions don't read on my PS2 and I don't have a system for my xbox version!

I hate to bump but i just found out about this crap and now i'm pissed off. My eb offered me a 6 month subscription to GI back in january with my edge card. And the last magazine i was suppost to get in june never came to me. WTF kind of jack crap is that. Now when i want to trade in my regular DS i cant use the coupon.

Who do i need to go bitch at? Is the july issue still around to steal the coupon out of? If so i'm gonna do it. F that sh it.

I went in to GS and was ticked when he put three games aside that needed "resurfaced", but didn't say "Do you still want to trade them in". When I said something he was like, well you still get something for them with the 3 for 10. I didn't care enough to say anything after that because the games were just not worth fighting over, but everyone on this board who knows how the system works, what about all the people they screw over who doesn't know anything other than they want to trade in XX games towards an Xbox360 or what not. Then when he hands them off to the clerk beside him and says, "The three on the top are defective." Defective :bomb: , I just played the one for like a half an hour before I left my house. Seriously viewing scrathes is not the be all, end all indicator of whether or not a disk works, it just happens to be the best method corporate can teach them without overloading their simple minds. (no offense to the more intelligent GS employees) Lastly he sets aside Fifa 2003 and says it isn't part of the deal, but it rings up at $3, yet games like NBA Vol.2 street, Sega GT2000, and Clone Wars which all ring up at $1 are part of the deal?

End Rant

[quote name='paddlefoot']I went in to GS and was ticked when he put three games aside that needed "resurfaced", but didn't say "Do you still want to trade them in". When I said something he was like, well you still get something for them with the 3 for 10. I didn't care enough to say anything after that because the games were just not worth fighting over, but everyone on this board who knows how the system works, what about all the people they screw over who doesn't know anything other than they want to trade in XX games towards an Xbox360 or what not. Then when he hands them off to the clerk beside him and says, "The three on the top are defective." Defective :bomb: , I just played the one for like a half an hour before I left my house. Seriously viewing scrathes is not the be all, end all indicator of whether or not a disk works, it just happens to be the best method corporate can teach them without overloading their simple minds. (no offense to the more intelligent GS employees) Lastly he sets aside Fifa 2003 and says it isn't part of the deal, but it rings up at $3, yet games like NBA Vol.2 street, Sega GT2000, and Clone Wars which all ring up at $1 are part of the deal?

End Rant[/quote]

Older sports games just aren't part of the deal.. So stuff like Madden 2004 or Fifa 2003 just wont count towards it.. Just because its $3 doesn't mean it should qualify for it.

The reason why NBA Vol.2 and Sega GT2000 were accepted is pretty iffy. It really varies by the managers idea of sports games. Personally I don't consider Sega GT a sports title, but I would for Vol 2, while others consider both Arcade Racing and Arcade Football. Clone Wars just isnt a sports title, so of course it qualifies.

As for the refurbishing of discs, obviously a GameStop employee or EB Games employee won't take time to place your disc in a system when you have multiple trades.. It would give any customers behind you or even yourself if you are waiting frustration while waiting. They can't exactly take anyones word that it works either, this would be highly abusable.

The reason also why they look over scratches is because a scratched cd isn't exactly the greatest seller. If anyone ever receives one even if it has been "refurbished" by GameStop/EB they would more then likely complain. So the goal is to eliminate these and send them to refurbishing where they have a chance to be fixed so they can be sold.

I see nothing wrong with what the employee did. If you decide after the transaction is complete "Hey I want these games back since you charged me a refurbishing fee", you have every right too. They can post-void transactions and return your items and re-ring everything as if they had never been traded in.

I hate to bump but i just found out about this crap and now i'm pissed off. My eb offered me a 6 month subscription to GI back in january with my edge card. And the last magazine i was suppost to get in june never came to me. WTF kind of jack crap is that. Now when i want to trade in my regular DS i cant use the coupon.

Who do i need to go bitch at? Is the july issue still around to steal the coupon out of? If so i'm gonna do it. F that sh it.

You signed up in January.

Jan - 1st Issue
Feb - 2nd Issue
Mar - 3rd Issue
Apr - 4th Issue
May - 5th Issue
June - 6th Issue

July - The issue with the coupon. You wouldn't have received it anyways..

If you never received your June issue you can call Game Informer and they can look up your subscription information and see what may have gone wrong.

[quote name='PezRadar']

I see nothing wrong with what the employee did. If you decide after the transaction is complete "Hey I want these games back since you charged me a refurbishing fee", you have every right too. They can post-void transactions and return your items and re-ring everything as if they had never been traded in.

[/quote]

Pez,

I see your point on the sports games and the whole scratches thing, they are more annoyances than anything else with me. I just didn't like that he didn't even mention a refurbishing fee, I had to ASK why those disks were put aside, then he said they needed a refurb fee, I then had to ask how much it was after like 20 seconds. I can understand the other stuff, that's life, I can either accept their policies or not, I just don't like that he didn't say a word about it.

bread's done
Back