GameCrazy 3 for 15 is back, y0

[quote name='billyknoxville']can you please elaborate on what qualifies for the 3 for 15?[/quote]
All NES, SNES, Sega, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Dreamcast, N64 and PSOne games.

And suprisingly enough, all of the good stuff is NOT gone. When you go in, ask for them to print you off a list of used games. If they say they can't, they lieeeeeee. I got mine to do that and found a whole mess of rare shit (Lunar SSC complete, anyone? Anyone?) that wasn't displayed

[quote name='billyknoxville']can you please elaborate on what qualifies for the 3 for 15?[/quote]

Any game in the store that isn't on PS2, Xbox/360, Gamecube, GBA, and PSP. At Gamecrazy

[quote name='Scorch']All NES, SNES, Sega, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Dreamcast and PSOne games.

And suprisingly enough, all of the good stuff is NOT gone. When you go in, ask for them to print you off a list of used games. If they say they can't, they lieeeeeee. I got mine to do that and found a whole mess of rare shit (Lunar SSC complete, anyone? Anyone?) that wasn't displayed[/QUOTE]
N64 is also included. I work today and I am picking up Goldeneye, super smash bros, and crusin USA

I posted in the other thread that my store starts Sun or Mon(guy told me next week). So just in case maybe call today to not waste a trip.

[quote name='Scorch']All NES, SNES, Sega, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Dreamcast, N64 and PSOne games.

And suprisingly enough, all of the good stuff is NOT gone. When you go in, ask for them to print you off a list of used games. If they say they can't, they lieeeeeee. I got mine to do that and found a whole mess of rare shit (Lunar SSC complete, anyone? Anyone?) that wasn't displayed[/QUOTE]

You found a COMPLETE copy of Lunar SSC during a 3 for $15??? Seriously? If true, you are a freaken lucky person! The best I ever did was finding a complete SaGa Frontier (MINT) during the last 3 for $15... and the other two games I got didn't work so I got my money back -- SaGa Frontier for $5 is pretty good :bouncy:

[quote name='Asgardian']You found a COMPLETE copy of Lunar SSC during a 3 for $15??? Seriously? If true, you are a freaken lucky person! The best I ever did was finding a complete SaGa Frontier (MINT) during the last 3 for $15... and the other two games I got didn't work so I got my money back -- SaGa Frontier for $5 is pretty good :bouncy:[/quote]
yeah complete and everything.. i never have a hard time finding rare games, the only rare game ive never seen is suikoden 2.. ive found valkyrie profile, star ocean, both lunars, intelligent qube, etcetcetc. Yeah I bought that, Sword of Mana or whatever it was on PS1 and the original Castlevania on PS1 with the black and yellow writing.

Like I said, most GameCrazy stores have a small population of PS1 games with the case on the shelf.. theres usually a case behind the counter full of shit you'd never see. Ask them to print off an inventory list.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Went to the one in Columbus Ohio and they hadn't heard anything about it....guh[/quote]

Same here, went to the Springboro & Middletown ones, since I had to make a trip up to the Middletown EB due to a screwup with a 1 year warranty(they put it on the wrong game).

Both stores acted like I was crazy to asking it.

Weird. I saw the printoff stating it comes back today until Sept. 12th. Maybe it's a regional thing, or maybe those stores just suck.

For all those Greenville folks out there (and there's actually a few, amazingly) don't bother with the Game Crazy on Pelham. If you want retro games, all you'll find are Gameboy Color games. They were never open during the days of N64 and so forth. So if you want Gameboy Color, you're in. Otherwise, save the gasoline. I checked for ya. (Feel free to Paypal me a few bucks ;) )

I called one of my southern california stores and it seems that the sale is in effect for one of them so I assume all of them are having it.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Went to the one in Columbus Ohio and they hadn't heard anything about it....guh[/QUOTE]

Which Columbus store? I was at the Sawmill store without knowing about the sale (the 1st). I did not see anything exciting, maybe a couple N64 games that could be resold. I might start buying up the GB and GBC games though.

Later,
Trebuken

[quote name='utopianmachine']For all those Greenville folks out there (and there's actually a few, amazingly) don't bother with the Game Crazy on Pelham. If you want retro games, all you'll find are Gameboy Color games. They were never open during the days of N64 and so forth. So if you want Gameboy Color, you're in. Otherwise, save the gasoline. I checked for ya. (Feel free to Paypal me a few bucks ;) )[/QUOTE]

Actually, that store used to have a whole bunch of retro games, but they got rid of most of them. I picked up quite a few NES games there and they used to have a nice collection of N64, but they didn't have anything I wanted.

You are correct that they don't have much of anything now, but that wasn't always the case. The best place to find vintage games in the Greenville area is Video Game Cavern in Taylors, but being a mom n' pop they never seem to run sales like these.

I went to 3 different Gamecrazy's today in southern california, I got some good titles at this certain one that had Dreamcasts games.

Also just to note most of the GC stores seems to have racks outside trying to get rid of low selling games for PS2, GCN, and Xbox such as Viewtiful Joe (GC) which may interest some.

I picked up an almost perfect condition Shenmue with minor wear on the discs, mint condition manuals, and original box. Also got Jet Grind Radio which is also in a very good condition with original manual and case but its cracked a bit, and lastly I picked up Seaman with no mic, manual or case. It was either that or Soul Calibur.

Now I need to buy a dreamcasts to play these excellent titles

I went to 3 different Gamecrazy's today in southern california, I got some good titles at this certain one that had Dreamcasts games.

Also just to note most of the GC stores seems to have racks outside trying to get rid of low selling games for PS2, GCN, and Xbox such as Viewtiful Joe (GC) which may interest some.

I picked up an almost perfect condition Shenmue with minor wear on the discs, mint condition manuals, and original box. Also got Jet Grind Radio which is also in a very good condition with original manual and case but its cracked a bit, and lastly I picked up Seaman with no mic, manual or case. It was either that or Soul Calibur.

Thanks Scorch! I scored disc only copies of:

- X-Men: Children of the Atom
- Vagrant Story
- Vampire Hunter D

I was at GC yesterday and picked up Mario Kart 64(wish I would have waited). They had an inventory book and the date was from July 06. I was interested in stuff like Mario Party 3, but I asked the guy if they had games from the book and he said whatever was out there thats all they got. Now is this guy b.sing me? My GC recently switched workers with another GC from the area and the new guys are dicks, who just joke around and don't do anything. For example, I came like 15 minutes before store closed adn the guy wouldnt let me in, but he was hanging out with his friends and chatting with them. Now do they actually have these games or whatever is out in front is what they have?

Also is RE2 worth if for N64?

[quote name='Trebuken']Which Columbus store? I was at the Sawmill store without knowing about the sale (the 1st). I did not see anything exciting, maybe a couple N64 games that could be resold. I might start buying up the GB and GBC games though.

Later,
Trebuken[/quote]

It was the one on morse road...kind of close to the Easton mall. That's as good of description as i can give due to me just moving here.

[quote name='Blackout542']I was at GC yesterday and picked up Mario Kart 64(wish I would have waited). They had an inventory book and the date was from July 06. I was interested in stuff like Mario Party 3, but I asked the guy if they had games from the book and he said whatever was out there thats all they got. Now is this guy b.sing me? My GC recently switched workers with another GC from the area and the new guys are dicks, who just joke around and don't do anything. For example, I came like 15 minutes before store closed adn the guy wouldnt let me in, but he was hanging out with his friends and chatting with them. Now do they actually have these games or whatever is out in front is what they have?

Also is RE2 worth if for N64?[/quote]

RE2 is definately worth a buy, now what they say about the books is most likely true because I went to 3 different GC's today and I saw in most their books something that I wanted like Final Fantasy Tactics but it was of course already taken. Then again I peeked into the back and they had some N64 games but I assme they are returned and not working or they wait for people to ask for them.

[quote name='neudog']Thanks Scorch! I scored disc only copies of:

- X-Men: Children of the Atom
- Vagrant Story
- Vampire Hunter D[/quote]

What's up with the piles of disc only stuff they have? They said they had like to PS1 games with the case in the morning and that had been it. Everything else is no case. Kind of sucks, but for $5 for some of the stuff, it is worth it I think.

the store in Oly is starting on Sep 3rd or 4th,
i already reserved Kirby Crystal Shards, Mario Tennis, and All-stars baseball

Does anyone know what SoCal stores have this going on? The only GameCrazy I know of said it wasn't starting until at least the 8th. :cold:

[quote name='sandrokstar']the store in Oly is starting on Sep 3rd or 4th,
i already reserved Kirby Crystal Shards, Mario Tennis, and All-stars baseball[/quote]
What? They can't start whenever they please, the sale is active now, you've been lied to. I bet they were just giving employees time to go through stuff to get what they want before advertising it to the public. I never knew how many GameCrazy stores were so crooked. If the store tells you it starts a certain date, it's a lie. It's nationwide Sept. 1st to the 11th. It's in celebration of Labor Day or something I think. You guys should start filing complaints about your local GC's if they say the sale isn't going on

[quote name='Dingleberry']It was the one on morse road...kind of close to the Easton mall. That's as good of description as i can give due to me just moving here.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The one off Karl Rd. just a short way from Kroger and Gamestop. I may try the others this week...we'll see. It's been sometime since I have done the GameCrazy Trek.

Locations I know of:

South High Street
Sawmill Rd.
Polaris Shopping Area (this is the real deal, no Hollywood Video store, games only).
Morse Rd.
Broad St., Columbus (May have Closed)
Broad St., outside of 270, towards Pickerington.

Later,
Trebuken

I got at my store (11550 Winton Rd cincinnati, OH):
N64:
Goldeneye (need to take back doesn't work)
Super Smash Bros
Crusin USA (need to take back doesn't work)
Dreamcast:
GTA2
Virtua Tennis
Legacy of Kain Soul Revear

And a Xbox 360 GameCrazy Faceplate

Just picked up Vagrant story, warhawk, and Threads of Fate. The list that i was shown said that Chrono Chross and vangaurd bandits where avalible but the guy said that vanguard bandits was in shitty condition and chrono cross had been sold...

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Does anyone know what SoCal stores have this going on? The only GameCrazy I know of said it wasn't starting until at least the 8th. :cold:[/quote]

Most of them should be having it.

I went to the Rosemead, Alhambra (on Main St.), and Pasadena (on Foothill Blvd) and they were all having it but there weren't that many good deals.

I found some good condition Soul Calibur and not too much else.

I hate my GameCrazy.

The employees are rude, and they never talk to customers.
They didn't have any signage out for this sale, and they never brought it up.

best haul at GC in a while:

FF VII, VIII, IX (all complete GH)

Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4 (cart only except for 4 which had the box)

edit: And for the doubters....

e8984225.jpg

[quote name='briansraregames']best haul at GC in a while:

Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4 (cart only except for 4 which had the box)[/quote]

BS no way you got all those games in one shot, have them complete makes it even more unlikely

LMFAO Figures, back in PS1 days, I HAD a copy of Vampire Hunter D. I thought it completely sucked, so I traded it away to EB during one of their 'trade 4, get one new title' sales.

I also procrastinated on Intelligent Qube and that shot through the roof on price. If I get a chance, I may stop by my closest GC(Hazleton, PA) and see if I can score an IQ and a couple others.

[quote name='briansraregames']best haul at GC in a while:

Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4 (cart only except for 4 which had the box)[/quote]

Calling you out - total BS. Show us a receipt.

[quote name='kaniball']Calling you out - total BS. Show us a receipt.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is with you nubs nowadays? Brian buys and sells more games in a month then you will in your life, so STFU. He doesn't need to lie to kick it.

I couldn't really find many things that were ven over 4.99, much less worth buying. Did pick up:

Mario 64 x 2
Mario Golf x 1

Did find some other decent stuff regarding the price drops though so it made it worth my time. Also found an awesome condition Marvel vs Capcom 2 Xbox for 26.99. I might try and pick up some of the older pokemone games and see if I can replace the dead save batteries

Dave

[quote name='kaniball']Calling you out - total BS. Show us a receipt.[/quote]

calling you out dont crap the thread dumbass. Even if he does lie why does it matter? Not like it affects us.

You got a helluva better find than me with those FF's even if they are GH.

I might have to check out this sale next time I'm at Gamecrazy. The last time they had this (a couple months ago) all but 1 of the discs I bought were defective. I'm hoping for better luck this time around.

Also for the people calling out Brian, stop being stupid..seriously. Why would he lie about something like that? He's posting because he's happy he scored on such a great deal. Why would getting those games complete be so unlikely?

Not every video game store employee hoards shit. Not every video game employee likes RPGs. Also depending on the area you live in you find better trade-ins than others.

My store sucks with N64 trade-ins. I wish we had Mario Golf. I picked up Mario Golf and Tennis and like seven others last time this sale happened but I traded most to Rhino (and got around $120 for spending $45). I regret it, but I needed the credit at the time. Now I'm wishing I had Mario Tennis and Golf again. And maybe some Mario Party games.

[quote name='Scorch']My store sucks with N64 trade-ins. I wish we had Mario Golf. I picked up Mario Golf and Tennis and like seven others last time this sale happened but I traded most to Rhino (and got around $120 for spending $45). I regret it, but I needed the credit at the time. Now I'm wishing I had Mario Tennis and Golf again. And maybe some Mario Party games.[/quote]

Doh. I was thinking about getting those. They had Mario 64, Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, and all I really wanted was Mario 64 so I put back the others into the box.

Well, since everbody thinks I'm a liar now, here's a new drop that nobodys posted yet. I was going to keep it to myself until I was able to get another copy, but seeing as I have to redeem myself now, I guess you'll just have to trust me. ;)

Gamecube

Naruto Clash of Ninja - $14.99

[quote name='briansraregames']Well, since everbody thinks I'm a liar now, here's a new drop that nobodys posted yet. I was going to keep it to myself until I was able to get another copy, but seeing as I have to redeem myself now, I guess you'll just have to trust me. ;)

Gamecube

Naruto Clash of Ninja - $14.99[/QUOTE]
that is a real price drop I changed the price myself.

bread's done
Back