GameCrazy Classic Plastic 3 for $15 - NVM, WEBSITE ERROR DAMN IT

MightySlacker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
EDIT - A NE Ohio DM contacted corporate and was told "It was a website error, that banner was not supposed to be displayed YET". He was not told when "yet" will be, and since is this is the second time I've been burned I'll refrain from speculating on when "yet" is, and when the sale rolls around in 2010 then someone else can post the thread. Cocksuckers.

Dave

I know there has been speculation about this sale for months now (I was responsible for one of the bogus threads unfortunately). I was talking to my GameCrazy hookup today and he mentioned they just got a hotmail talking about a overhaul of the GameCrazy website and I should check it out. So I go to www.gamecrazy.com and lo and behold, what do I see on the right-hand side?

3 for $15 Classic Plastic

Yup. I can tell you that that ad or banner was not there a few days ago when I used the store locator to help plan a shopping trip, so i dont see how it would "accidentally" pop up on a redesigned site. My hookup is currently in a district meeting and will give me a call in a couple hours. Anyone who wants to help confirm or deny feel free.

Dave

When the sale starts, it means anything not PS2/GC/Xbox/360/DS/PSP/GBA. However there has been wolf crying for about 3 months on this sale starting, so hopefully someone can explain why its on the website soon

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']When the sale starts, it means anything not PS2/GC/Xbox/360/DS/PSP/GBA. However there has been wolf crying for about 3 months on this sale starting, so hopefully someone can explain why its on the website soon

Dave[/quote]
Cool, I will make a trip out there tomorrow morning.

[quote name='pinoy530']Theres also a banner that says, trade 2 get 1 free. I wonder what thats about.[/quote]

Two 360 games for 1.

[quote name='pinoy530']Theres also a banner that says, trade 2 get 1 free. I wonder what thats about.[/quote]

If you click on the banner it says this:

Trade 2 Get 1 Free! Trade any 2 Xbox 360 games and get any new or used Xbox 360 game FREE!

[quote name='schuerm26']Hadn't this sale already started? I got a bunch of PS1 games 3 for $15 about 2 weeks ago.[/quote]

Can anyone else verify?

So PS1 games count? What about Dreamcast? And when does this start? Has it already started? Have I asked enough questions yet?

[quote name='Z-Saber']So PS1 games count? What about Dreamcast? And when does this start? Has it already started? Have I asked enough questions yet?[/quote]

Everything they have in stock that isn't of the following falls under the "Classic Plastic" sale:

Xbox
Xbox 360
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Gameboy Advanced
Nintendo DS

Everything else is fair game.

Hopefully this time it's good to go. I was in a GC a week, week and a half ago and saw nothing even remotely mentioning this, so I dunno about this "I got 3 for $15 2 weeks ago" stuff....

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Hopefully this time it's good to go. I was in a GC a week, week and a half ago and saw nothing even remotely mentioning this, so I dunno about this "I got 3 for $15 2 weeks ago" stuff....[/quote]
I'm going to go there tomorrow, and I'll ask them; if it's going on, I'll msg you, so long as I get some stuffs first :booty:

[quote name='thedealman']I don't get this web site. I don't even see an option to buy any of the games? WTF is this site so confusing?[/QUOTE]

Um.. that's because there's nothing for sale at the site. It's a sale at the store.

I'll check it out tomorrow but I know I won't find anything. Oh well, worth a shot.

Hopefully this is right... I just picked up a NeoFami, and a couple of high dollar NES games would be a nice pick-up right now.

Slightly off topic - if you can find a copy of The Guardian Legend, pick it up. Best NES game ever. I think it goes for $2.99 at Game Crazy, so you shouldn't even wait for the deal if you can find one.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I'm going to go there tomorrow, and I'll ask them; if it's going on, I'll msg you, so long as I get some stuffs first :booty:[/quote]
I haven't seen anything decent in the GC in Burlington in ages. Not even during the last classic plastic sale did I spot something worth picking up. And the employees who work their pick through it before the sale starts (I know one of the employees, used to work at EB right across from my store, and he told me that they do).

[quote name='sonderiaom']I'm going to go there tomorrow, and I'll ask them; if it's going on, I'll msg you, so long as I get some stuffs first :booty:[/QUOTE]

Hehe. Well, I moved to Shoreline, so Burlington is all you now. ^__^ But still, let me know if it's going on there, that means it should be going on in some of the stores close to me and I'll know to go out and shop!

Anyone confirm this yet? If it's started already, it's probably to late to get much of anything good around here except maybe some Gameboy games. If it hasn't started yet, I'll make sure I get up early on the first day of the sale.

Too bad it's not 3 for $10 like was rumored. I really find it hard to believe that the sale started "2 weeks ago" and no CAGers noticed or posted a thread, especially since there's quite a few members here that go to GC on a weekly basis for trade-in deals.

[quote name='Rictor']Too bad it's not 3 for $10 like was rumored. I really find it hard to believe that the sale started "2 weeks ago" and no CAGers noticed or posted a thread, especially since there's quite a few members here that go to GC on a weekly basis for trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

The closest GC here has had a 3 for $15 bin for awhile now. It's just a bunch of random crappy SNES and Genesis games, though, independent of any greater chainwide sale.

this sale is not going on right now, the site according to the stores are wrong
they still let me buy them though because i said i saw it on the website, my suggestion is to print the website and show it to them if you go...

heres what i got (two different stores)
Bomberman64,Paper Mario 64, Mario Golf 64, Starfox 64, Banjo Kazzoie 64, and Phantasy STar Online DC

[quote name='rjpadin']Yeah nothing, I confirmed today, the salesman said maybe tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dsullo']I was told it does not start until June 12th[/QUOTE]
And I just called the store nearest my house and got "Beginning of next week, maybe Monday or Tuesday" as my response.

I think it's safe to say that, at the moment, we don't know when the sale's starting. :)

What day does GameCrazy usually start their sales on? Saturday seems like a really odd choice, so I doubt it's tomorrow, but I could very well be wrong.

Geez, Dave...way to get our hopes up early again. ;)

just came back from the third store today, i got::
sonic adv 1 DC, sonic adv 2 DC, Donkey Kong 64

[quote name='nonky']this sale is not going on right now, the site according to the stores are wrong
they still let me buy them though because i said i saw it on the website, my suggestion is to print the website and show it to them if you go...

heres what i got (two different stores)
Bomberman64,Paper Mario 64, Mario Golf 64, Starfox 64, Banjo Kazzoie 64, and Phantasy STar Online DC[/quote]

Might want to throw out that PSO. If it's used, it doesn't work. Shame on Game Crazy for even selling it.

Otherwise, solid lineup, bro.

I'm going to call all of the local GC stores today and see if any of them have this sale going or are willing to honor the website.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']And I just called the store nearest my house and got "Beginning of next week, maybe Monday or Tuesday" as my response.

I think it's safe to say that, at the moment, we don't know when the sale's starting. :)

What day does GameCrazy usually start their sales on? Saturday seems like a really odd choice, so I doubt it's tomorrow, but I could very well be wrong.

Geez, Dave...way to get our hopes up early again. ;)[/quote]
I thought it was odd to, but the guy I talked to claimed that the sale usually starts on the weekend.

[quote name='anderton']Might want to throw out that PSO. If it's used, it doesn't work. Shame on Game Crazy for even selling it.

Otherwise, solid lineup, bro.

I'm going to call all of the local GC stores today and see if any of them have this sale going or are willing to honor the website.[/QUOTE]

haha i actually bought it just to play offline, i managed to search google and find a generic serial, and good luck with this "sale"

for those in the austin area the 3 stores i went to and adjusted the prices for me are::
n lamar and rundberg, mopac, i-35 and william-cannon

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']When I click on "3 for $15 Classic Plastic" on the site, no text or anything describing the deal comes up?[/quote]

Yeah. That's the Game Crazy site for you.

[quote name='nonky']haha i actually bought it just to play offline, i managed to search google and find a generic serial, and good luck with this "sale"

for those in the austin area the 3 stores i went to and adjusted the prices for me are::
n lamar and rundberg, mopac, i-35 and william-cannon[/QUOTE]

Darn it, I just graduated and moved back to Houston. And I've been wanting Paper Mario, oh well.

I'm sitting at the main page right now, and I'm not seeing a "Classic Plastic" ad. Either I'm blind and not seeing it, or it's been removed. Either way, it doesn't sound like we're in the middle of a 3 for $15 sale.

[quote name='Pylis']I'm sitting at the main page right now, and I'm not seeing a "Classic Plastic" ad. Either I'm blind and not seeing it, or it's been removed. Either way, it doesn't sound like we're in the middle of a 3 for $15 sale.[/quote]

We got hosed.

OP edited to reflect the "website error". fuckers.

However this may be YMMV, as at least one of my local stores said they would honor the printout.

Dave

If you live in Hamilton, OH, don't bother checking either GameCrazy, sale or no sale. They have nothing interesting as far as classics go. Though I did snag Mad Maestro for $3.

The weird thing is, this is the perfect opportunity to reintroduce this sale - it's time to MAKE ROOM. What are they going to do, ship them out to other stores? A warehouse in god knows where?

...Wait, that's what EB/GS is doing...

bread's done
Back