GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='supaet']don't they make you buy a new game for every 2 games you trade in? it's kinda annoying.[/QUOTE]

Most places don't. At least the 2 I've traded at don't. They just make you get a new in stock game.

[quote name='HakFoo']

DS:

Wario Ware Touched - $16.50
[/QUOTE]
you could have gotten more for wario ware DS on ebay

[quote name='supaet']don't they make you buy a new game for every 2 games you trade in? it's kinda annoying.[/QUOTE]

Went to 3 stores, only 1 requires me to buy a game right away

Traded:

Meet the Robinsons X 2
Just Cause X 2
DDRU X 2
VT3

Got $227 on a gift card. So I made about $90 on the whole deal. Also picked up a VT3 and DOAX2 for myself.

Next it's off to TRU for a cod2 goty for $10 (hopefully)

[quote name='unforeseen']When does GC update their trade-in values?...Like Bockbuster use to to do that after Monday night/Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same. Worried GC is gonna drop their VT3 and DOAX2 prices before I have time to bring them in.

[quote name='io']:wall: I added those a few hours ago, except for "Nascar PSP" because I thought there would be more to the name - now I see it is just "NASCAR". I'll add that now.

And yeah, your "report" that Puzzle Quest was $18 before bonus a few days ago led to me buying that as my forced game even though I already have it (thinking I could trade it back in for only a small loss). Now I have to try to return it (or at least see if they will let me exhange for something else).[/QUOTE]

Yea that really sucked. The dude on the phone said 18 bucks for it. Was sort of shocked for them to tell me the price (they ususally dont)

If it wasnt for the CC games today i would been pissed on a wasted trip.. traded in 5 CC games today and 3 of my own (sims 2, some dino game and nascar)

quick question:

after i do the trade-ins, will i get charged tax for the new in-stock game if i have credit left over? (ex. i have 50 dollars trade credit and i bought re4 for the wii at 30 dollars)

[quote name='H-Town Info']quick question:

after i do the trade-ins, will i get charged tax for the new in-stock game if i have credit left over? (ex. i have 50 dollars trade credit and i bought re4 for the wii at 30 dollars)[/QUOTE]
You have to pay tax

[quote name='io']It isn't more wiki workers we need, but more trade-in value getters ;).[/quote] I appreciate the work you're doing with the Wiki, io.

My 2nd and final batch of trades:
DOA X2 (360) - 37.50
Pac-Man World Rally (PSP) - 15.00, my and io's fave PSP game :lol:

I transferred most of my BBV/GR credit to GC with:
($14.99, down from $16.99 used at GR) 360 Live Arcade - 27.27 (x 3)
($44.99 used) Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) - 45.00 (x 2)
($44.99 used) Call of Duty 3 (360) - 45.00

[quote name='H-Town Info']after i do the trade-ins, will i get charged tax for the new in-stock game if i have credit left over? (ex. i have 50 dollars trade credit and i bought re4 for the wii at 30 dollars)[/quote] [quote name='62t'] You have to pay tax[/quote] I paid no tax on my copy of Puzzle Quest. Used store credit to buy it for $29.99 total. I was told that as long as you have enough store credit to cover the cost of the game, you don't pay tax. If you had $20 credit and bought RE4 for $30, you'd get taxed on the remaining $10.

Also, I was told that if you put your trade-in credit on a giftcard and use that for future purchases, you always have to pay tax, which is why I kept my trade-ins as store credit.

edit: Found this from Scorch: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3044357&postcount=372

I was tricked into buying an MVP membership. :\ Guy scanned my games, he asked if I knew what I wanted, I said "Do I have to buy a game?" and he said no, he put it on store credit for me, I left. On the bus I looked at the receipt and saw he charged me $19.99 for an MVP card. He did NOT tell me that was a condition of the trade-in deal, he didn't even try to sell it to me! Is that legal? I feel like they took $20 away from me.

I'm leaving town tomorrow morning and won't be back until July 4th, so I can't talk to a manager about it until then. I'm not sure if they'll refund the $20 but I do want to say that I think it's unethical what he did. I know the card will allow me to save a couple bucks when I buy games there and (I think) get a little more credit on trade-in deals, and that's nice, but still... I'm not happy with how it went down.

Also, he didn't give me a card -- is that OK? Do I need a card, do they mail it to me, or is this a cardless club?

[quote name='andrade']I was tricked into buying an MVP membership. :\ Guy scanned my games, he asked if I knew what I wanted, I said "Do I have to buy a game?" and he said no, he put it on store credit for me, I left. On the bus I looked at the receipt and saw he charged me $19.99 for an MVP card. He did NOT tell me that was a condition of the trade-in deal, he didn't even try to sell it to me! Is that legal? I feel like they took $20 away from me.

I'm leaving town tomorrow morning and won't be back until July 4th, so I can't talk to a manager about it until then. I'm not sure if they'll refund the $20 but I do want to say that I think it's unethical what he did. I know the card will allow me to save a couple bucks when I buy games there and (I think) get a little more credit on trade-in deals, and that's nice, but still... I'm not happy with how it went down.

Also, he didn't give me a card -- is that OK? Do I need a card, do they mail it to me, or is this a cardless club?[/quote]

Dude, that's totally wrong. Call them ASAP, as in right now. You have to get that fixed up, and be adamant about konwing that you didn't have to buy a card for the deal to work, and even moreso that you never even asked to buy a card.

Traded in the usual trade in fodder mentioned many times in this thread. Just wanted to chime in with a game that's not part of the 50% off deal

PS2 Rogue Galaxy $15.00/$16.50 with MVP

Man, I think some wicked fast CAGs went to the CC near me, because they had several copies of DOAX2, DDRU, and VT3 yesterday evening and all three were gone today. :( I was really disappointed, but instead of giving up, went to a further away CC. Score! :D They had Just Cause, 2 x VT3, and DDRU. Grabbed a VT3 and DDRU for myself, grabbed a VT3 and JC for roughly $19 each after tax, and then flipped 'em in to GC no problem for $79 altogether. This has been such a good experience that I'm going to start shopping regularly at my local GC. Their prices are a bit higher than other stores, but they've been very nice. No "you have to buy a game" crap, no trying to shove MVP down my throat, and very agreeable about putting it on a gift card.

Anyways, here are all my trade in prices after the 50%, and without MVP:

Wii: Call of Duty 3 - $34.10
PSP: LocoRoco - $11.63
PSP: Bust-A-Move - $21.00
DS: Super Mario 64 DS - $19.10
X360: Just Cause - $34.10
X360: Virtua Tennis 3 - $45.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bravelionheart']This has been such a good experience that I'm going to start shopping regularly at my local GC. Their prices are a bit higher than other stores, but they've been very nice.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, actually I feel the same way. I almost never went to my local Gamecrazy before this, but the guys there seem nice enough. I'll probably be going there more often even after I go through my credit.

well i got back from gamecrazy about 3hrs ago and this what i made

virtua tennis=18.49 wt tax

traded
gears of war = 40.90
Vitua Tennis = 45.00
Godfather, The = 21.3?
2 Xbox 1 controllers = 13.20
this equaled 119.98

I Bought
mvp 19.99
spiderman 3 = 34.99
smackdown vs raw 07 gs/eb se = 33.99
i also got 5 free disc buffing (i think it came with mvp)

so 31.00 left on gift card

the guy at the game crazy was the best ever he let me trade in the godfather with the 50% discount and i didn't have another game to go with it. Also i didn't have to buy a new game either. Also he said i can return spider and or SvR 07 if i don't like them as long as i do it by wed

also should i buy dirt, forza 2, graw 2, or any other suggestions pick 2 thank you

Traded In:

(After 50%)

Wii:
Legend of Zelda - 38.18
Excite Truck - 34.10
Far Cry - 9.83

X360
Gears of War - 40.91
Lost Planet -45.00
Viva Piniata -15.00
Full Auto - 19.10
Ridge Racer -9.00
Lego Star Wars -10.13
Oblivion CE -45.00
Marvel Ultimate Aliance -45.00

Total Trade In (311.25)

Bought:

MVP Renewal -14.99

Wii
Mario Party 8 -49.99
Resident Evil 4 -29.99

Left with a giftcard of $210, plus my other card with $46, leaves with with about $255 in GC Credit.

I almost walked away with a copy of Darkness (360), but they were out. Have to wait until Wednesday I guess. This store didnt make me buy 2 for 1, just told me that 1 game and has to be new. I may go back and return either Mario Party 8 or RE4.. Not sure yet. I will decide when I go back on Wednesday when they say they will have more copies of Darkness.

Anyone know what a PSP trades in for?

[quote name='parKer20']Pac-Man World Rally (PSP) - 15.00, my and io's fave PSP game :lol:

I transferred most of my BBV/GR credit to GC with:
($14.99, down from $16.99 used at GR) 360 Live Arcade - 27.27 (x 3)
($44.99 used) Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360) - 45.00 (x 2)
($44.99 used) Call of Duty 3 (360) - 45.00
[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I had traded some Pac-Man World Rallys to Blockbuster because I thought they told me $4 or so when I called GC. If I had known they were $11 (with MVP) I probably would have traded them there to begin with. I haven't seen it for a while at Best Buy anyway.

My local Blockbuster had no Arcade Unplugged, unfortunately. They may have a MUA or CoD3, though. I'll have to check that out.

Traded in a Bust a Move ($22? I thought it was 18!) and DOAX. Got around $60, but we all know those prices already.

This deal has been the best. I've got $130 in credit to use this fall on all the deluge of amazing titles I know I'll want, and a few pretty good games in the meantime. I might have to go buy out this store's stock of Monster Hunter Freedoms though, to ebay and turn it into cash.

[quote name='s4alex']Traded In:
Anyone know what a PSP trades in for?[/quote]

a psp is 70 for trading and 130 used at gc

[quote name='OGHowie']Will The Darkness be in tomorrow? Can't think of anything else to get.[/quote]

All GameCrazy stores got an early shipment of the Darkness on Monday around noon.

Trade-in credit is NOT taxed. If you have $58 in credit and the game is $59.99, you will be charged tax on the difference (the $2), not the full amount ($59.99).

[quote name='CaoPi']RUmble XX is 9.99? it currently trades in for 30+ reported from CAG on the gamecrazy thread! :lol:[/quote]

Is this true? Some just listed they got $7.50 for it:cry::cry::cry:

I bought 2 today for trade fodder.

Any other good credit builders I can get?

[quote name='icruise']No it's not true, and the original poster admitted that he confused it with another game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. The $7.50 is with the 50% bonus, too, so the regular trade value is $5, making it one of the lowest valued 360 games at Gamecrazy!

[quote name='io']Yeah, no kidding. The $7.50 is with the 50% bonus, too, so the regular trade value is $5, making it one of the lowest valued 360 games at Gamecrazy![/quote]

The lowest i've seen is 26 cents for Madden 06 on the 360. Was because we had 15 copies, though.

io, I like PSP pacman too :lol:

Good job on the Besy Buy coupon photoshop:D.
Can you please make the next ones all of one kind.
Like a page full of $5 off PS3, PS2, PSP and $5 off Wii and DS.;)

Anyone have the trade in value for these Wii games?

Happy Feet
Meet the Robinsons
Ice Age 2

Saw the price on the Cag wiki for Ice Age 2 but, that looks to be sort of outdated.

they offered me 40 cents for Madden 06 so I just kept it and threw the disk like a frisbee in the parking lot instead

it shattered into the side of a Kohls

[quote name='saddamizer']they offered me 40 cents for Madden 06 so I just kept it and threw the disk like a frisbee in the parking lot instead

it shattered into the side of a Kohls[/quote]

lol!

I was looking at the ad in-store, and it clearly said that you get +50% credit that will be placed towards your next purchase. Maybe for all the folks that are being told that they have to buy a new game...couldn't you argue with them that a gift card count as a 'purchase' as well?

[quote name='Scorch']Trade-in credit is NOT taxed. If you have $58 in credit and the game is $59.99, you will be charged tax on the difference (the $2), not the full amount ($59.99).[/QUOTE]

Scorch, what about when the credit is transferred to a gift card? The first store I put my credit on a gift card, they said it was exactly the same as store credit (making me think it wouldn't be taxed.) The second store said it might be taxed when I spend it. When store credit is transferred to a gift card and used for a purchase, will that purchase be taxed?

(For reference, when using store credit at EB/GS and having it stored on a card, there is no tax.)

[quote name='Scorch']All GameCrazy stores got an early shipment of the Darkness on Monday around noon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scorch. I'll head down there tonight.

Learned a lesson to always call on the day of trade to confirm values as I got screwed trying to convert Blockbuster/GameRush credit today. A few games that I checked for trade-in value yesterday went way down today.

Manager told me that there were a lot of people taking advantage of the GC deal and thus trade in credit was going down for the games that they've been getting multiple titles on. Here's what I got.

Call of Duty 3 $20 ($30 after bump) --- was $45 after bump yesterday
Lost Planet $18 ($27 after bump) --- was $45 after bump yesterday
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 16.66? ($25 after bump) -- was $27.27 yesterday
Prey $10 ($15 after bump) - same as yesterday

So Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet took a beating (surprised that XBLA Unplugged is still so high). Anyway, I spent $127 in credit at Blockbuster and only got $97 at GameCrazy (I was expecting to get $132+ based on yesterday's values).

This may just be at my store in Greenville, SC. YMMV at other locations. But for us, looks like the idea of converting BB/GR credit is gone unless you can find a butt load of XBLA Unplugged copies.

On a side note, the Blockbuster bastards raised prices of their cheapest Xbox 360 games (XBLA Unplugged, King Kong, Lego Star Wars) to $16.99 from $14.99. Had hoped to use their B1G1 deal to assist in this credit conversion.

[quote name='awp']Learned a lesson to always call on the day of trade to confirm values as I got screwed trying to convert Blockbuster/GameRush credit today. A few games that I checked for trade-in value yesterday went way down today.

Manager told me that there were a lot of people taking advantage of the GC deal and thus trade in credit was going down for the games that they've been getting multiple titles on. Here's what I got.

So Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet took a beating (surprised that XBLA Unplugged is still so high). Anyway, I spent $127 in credit at Blockbuster and only got $97 at GameCrazy (I was expecting to get $132+ based on yesterday's values).

This may just be at my store in Greenville, SC. YMMV at other locations. But for us, looks like the idea of converting BB/GR credit is gone unless you can find a butt load of XBLA Unplugged copies.

On a side note, the Blockbuster bastards raised prices of their cheapest Xbox 360 games (XBLA Unplugged, King Kong, Lego Star Wars) to $16.99 from $14.99. Had hoped to use their B1G1 deal to assist in this credit conversion.[/QUOTE]
Well that's fucking bullshit. The day I want to go out and trade in games, they lower the value?

I'll see if it's like this at my store.. with my luck, it probably is like that. Or worse.

As far as being taxed on purchases using instore credit, I did get taxed buying RE4 for the Wii on the same transaction as trading in some games. Since that was the case I put the credit from future trade ins on a card so I don't get tied down to a single store to use it on.

So i went to gamecrazy and traded saints row and bust a move for psp and they said i have to get a game from whatever system i traded in. Smells like BS to me. I bought metal gear acid 2 for psp for $10. Can i return it to another gamecrazy? Or can i return it at all?

[quote name='awp']Learned a lesson to always call on the day of trade to confirm values as I got screwed trying to convert Blockbuster/GameRush credit today. A few games that I checked for trade-in value yesterday went way down today.

On a side note, the Blockbuster bastards raised prices of their cheapest Xbox 360 games (XBLA Unplugged, King Kong, Lego Star Wars) to $16.99 from $14.99. Had hoped to use their B1G1 deal to assist in this credit conversion.[/QUOTE]

that really sucks about gamecrazy dropping trade prices. glad i didnt go back to get more CC games now

[quote name='62t']I wonder how much DoAX2 and VT3 are getting now.[/QUOTE]

I have more to trade in so I should know the prices tonight.

[quote name='OGHowie']I have more to trade in so I should know the prices tonight.[/QUOTE]

I just called my local GC and they told me $30 (before the extra 50%) for VT 3 still...I have another VT3/DOAX2 combo that I'll be trying to unload tonight.

[quote name='slidecage']that really sucks about gamecrazy dropping trade prices. glad i didnt go back to get more CC games now[/QUOTE]
It could just be his store having too many of those particular games. We'll see.

I'm gonna go trade in Bust A Move, Gunpey (PSP), Just Cause, and DOAx2.

I'll tell you the prices when I get back in like an hour or so.

[quote name='62t']but Call of Duty 3 and lost planet are not on clearance. I wonder how much DoAX2 and VT3 are getting now.[/QUOTE]

My thing wasn't really about cashing in on the CC deals, but to transfer credit from Blockbuster and these were two titles that were originally a straight exchange of credit $45 to purchase at BB then get $45 at GC because BB has sucked lately at getting in games and I was worried about future games. Unfortunately, I got burnt this time in the credit exchange.

bread's done
Back