GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

I bought a game for a gift during my last trade-in with this promo and returned it a day later without problems. The manager told me - 7 days for new, unopened and no returns on used. He also remembered me from trading in all those 360 games with the promo, too. So, it looks like returning anything that you bought new with the 50% promo doesn't bother them. At least around here.

[quote name='OGHowie']Have $300+ in credit now. :)[/quote] Ditto on the +. ;)

My thanks to Scorch for the thread and all the input and thanks to io for the wiki.

When I went in to trade in my games I had to run into ultra bitch manager woman at my GC. She wouldn't take DOAx2 as part of the 50% deal because it's a 'sports' game. EVERYONE knows that rule was put in place to exclude all the 2k and live games that come out every year and are worth 5 cents after 3 months. What makes some people so anal?

[quote name='io']I mean, I remember going to multiple TRUs to get super-cheap games for the EB deal and the net result of all that was that I got half off of DS and PS2 purchases at EB (so about $150 total in credit). Hell, I got that much just during one of my trades last week at GC ;).[/QUOTE]

I loved that deal....TRU flip to EBG. Trade in price plus $5 per title if you trade in 5 as I recall a couple years ago. I remember combing TRUs for Primal and other stuff at $1 and getting $6 plus per title. Paid about 20 cents on the dollar in that promo for about . Picked up my DSL and a bunch of games for Christmas. Just used the last bit of that credit on a couple PSP titles I flipped for this promo (Armored Core:FF).

in my area, the deal is now dead. i went in to return a used game (that was defective... and boy were they douchebags about it, but that's neither here nor there) and the signs were gone. i asked them about it, and they said that the deal had ended, and since the signs with the 7/13/07 end date were gone, they could only "go by the coupon"... :roll:

What I traded in on 6/30 - All after 50% - Recipt cut off the hundreths place(X)

:ds:

AC:WW - $22.0X
Brain Age - $10.5X
Polarium - $7.5X
Final Fantasy III - $24.5X
Mario vs. DK 2 - $19.1X
Super Mario 64 - $19.1X
New Super Mario Bros. - $20.4X
Nintendogs: Lab - $15.0X

Looks like everything is old info, but you can see that it's not from 6/24, but 6/30!:roll:

Does this mean the b2g1 E rated is over too? GameCrazy must have realized how much they were getting raped on Gunpeys, DOAs, and VirtuaTennis 3s and ended it as early as possible.

[quote name='Scorch']Coupons are dead and most stores have removed their signs.. looks like it may be over.[/quote]

Does this mean it is completely over now, Scorch? Has your store stopped too?

I need to check some local GCs and see if any are still going.

Damn... I guess I'm going to have to hit up Craig's List with my Guitar Hero 2 bundle. I waited too long to take it back in.

bread's done
Back