GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='Scorch']My barcode says it ends 7/1/07.
The signage that we're told to display in the store says 7/13/07.
I'll have a final answer soon.[/QUOTE]

Scorch, is the deal still active ON the first (Sunday), or does the deal expire at the close of business on Saturday? Thanks...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Scorch, is the deal still active ON the first (Sunday), or does the deal expire at the close of business on Saturday? Thanks...[/QUOTE]

I was told Sunday (the 1st) is good.

I've never traded in games before. I went today and asked about it and the guy said that he could give me cash, but it would be 20% less and I couldn't get the 50% extra. He also said if I got the credit it would only be good at that store. Are both those statements right?

I have some games I'd like to trade in, but I'm probably moving soon and there's no games I want to buy anytime soon.

[quote name='nny']I've never traded in games before. I went today and asked about it and the guy said that he could give me cash, but it would be 20% less and I couldn't get the 50% extra. He also said if I got the credit it would only be good at that store. Are both those statements right?

I have some games I'd like to trade in, but I'm probably moving soon and there's no games I want to buy anytime soon.[/quote]

If you want to cash out, you might be better off selling on Ebay, Half.com or locally.

[quote name='nny']I've never traded in games before. I went today and asked about it and the guy said that he could give me cash, but it would be 20% less and I couldn't get the 50% extra. He also said if I got the credit it would only be good at that store. Are both those statements right?

I have some games I'd like to trade in, but I'm probably moving soon and there's no games I want to buy anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Get the credit on a gift card and you can take it to any other Gamecrazy. Een if this guy refuses to do it (for some dumbass reason) just leave it on there and go later when someone else is working and they can issue it onto a Gift Card - it doesn't have to be done with the trades.

the one gamecrazy near my house change their statement on the promotion now and that you need the mvp to get the promotion. Thank god i go to the one along the way to work.

Also traded-in today and got r6:vegas for ps3 (i owe my friend from guitar lessons)

Super Paper Mario - 30/45 after bonus
Elite Beat Agents - 15/22.50 after bonus

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Whoever bought 4-5 copies of Meet the Robinsons, DDRU, and whatever else was on clearance at the CC in Valencia between yesterday and today can promptly eat a dick.[/QUOTE] What if it was 4-5 people buying 1 copy each? Would they have to share the dick?

Some last minutes trade in values...

After 50%

Scurge Hive DS 10.50
Wipeout Pure PSP 8.25
Kingdom of Paradise PSP 15.00
Bust a Move 21.00 (yes!)
DDR 360 30.00

I like the employees at my local GC except for this one woman who puts me down for preorders I don't want. Her spin goes like this: "I went ahead and preordered for you. You have no obligation to buy and by doing so, I was able to bump up your trade-in values!"

Needless to say, I had to set her straight. If she asked nicely, if I needed to preorder something, I might have put a preorder in or two.

I just called my local GC to check the trade-in value for Castlevania: DoS (DS) and the guy said 10 bucks. I asked about the 50% more trade-in deal and he said the only promo was that you get more trade-in if you have a MVP card. He didn't seem to be aware of the deal. How do you get the 50% more deal? Is there a special key or barcode to scan in order to activate the deal?

Btw, if it matters, I don't have a MVP card and never traded in at GC before.

[quote name='eau']I just called my local GC to check the trade-in value for Castlevania: DoS (DS) and the guy said 10 bucks. I asked about the 50% more trade-in deal and he said the only promo was that you get more trade-in if you have a MVP card. He didn't seem to be aware of the deal. How do you get the 50% more deal? Is there a special key or barcode to scan in order to activate the deal?

Btw, if it matters, I don't have a MVP card and never traded in at GC before.[/quote]

Coupon code is in the OP I believe.

[quote name='pete5883']What if it was 4-5 people buying 1 copy each? Would they have to share the dick?[/QUOTE]
Except that it wasn't.

Either way, dicks would be eaten.

[quote name='eau']I just called my local GC to check the trade-in value for Castlevania: DoS (DS) and the guy said 10 bucks. I asked about the 50% more trade-in deal and he said the only promo was that you get more trade-in if you have a MVP card. He didn't seem to be aware of the deal. How do you get the 50% more deal? Is there a special key or barcode to scan in order to activate the deal?

Btw, if it matters, I don't have a MVP card and never traded in at GC before.[/quote]

It's a barcode they scan per every game you trade in (not counting sports games, if the cashier is on top of things).

i'll find out tomorrow sometime. i'll update the op if it has been.

FWIW, business is booming (obviously).. we've already had (and sold) used copies of Transformers and Ratatouille, both on 360. I had Transformers used less than 24 hours after it was put on shelves!

[quote name='pete5883']What if it was 4-5 people buying 1 copy each? Would they have to share the dick?[/quote]

You should always have a whole bag of dicks on hand, just in case. There are some good deals on them in 'other deals'

awesome.

So what are the best games to buy and flip for profit?

The two I know of are:

Phoenix Wright Ace 1- $10 at TRU nets you about $21 in credit
Bust-A-Move Deluxe (psp)- $10 at CC nets you $21 in credit.

I think you could trade in these 4 games that would only cost you about $50 and make like $127.75 in credit!!!

($without50/$with50)
Bust-A-Move Deluxe (costs $10 at CC)- $15.40/$21
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (costs $10 at TRU)- $11/$16.5
Virtua Tennis ($16 at CC)- $33/$49
DOA X2 ($16 at CC)- $27.50/$41.25

EQUALS: $127.75 in store credit after the added 50%

And it only costs $50!

I plan on doing this today, tomorrow, and hopefully the will extend it so I can get myself a PS3 for cheap!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I think you could trade in these 4 games that would only cost you about $50 and make like $127.75 in credit!!!

($without50/$with50)

And it only costs $50!

I plan on doing this today, tomorrow, and hopefully the will extend it so I can get myself a PS3 for cheap![/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/gamedays/gd_PSP.asp
You forgot one which is Armored Core: Formula Front PSP that trades in for the same price as Bust-A-Move but is at Gamestop.

Also, you have DDR Ultimate Xbox 360 Game Only at CC for $16.96 that trades for like $30 after bonus and Just Cause Xbox 360 that is $34 after bonus which is the same price as DDR.

[quote name='Gotran']Does anyone know how often/or at all Gamecrazy gets Nintendo Wii's in stock?

I got $175 in credit.[/quote]

I exchanged all my credit yesterday for a wii, so what are me options for dumping my gamecube ?

[quote name='stoned99']I exchanged all my credit yesterday for a wii, so what are me options for dumping my gamecube ?[/QUOTE]

You mean you bought a Wii with your credit? As in they had some (or that they will get some) or you hope to exchange your credit for a Wii (like me)?

Wish me luck. I'm heading out now. I am buying the games I mentioned above (found stores that are in stock) and hopefully will more than double the amount I put into it. The worst thing that could happen would be that I would only make a bit more than I paid but I am optimistic...

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is worth $10 trade in credit at game crazy, that would be $15 with the additional 50%

No $11, no $16.50, no $21.......just $10, $11 w/ MVP, and $15 w/ the bonus 50%.

The best games to buy for flipping, obviously Phoenix Wright and Gunpey are worth $15 (after the bonus 50%) and can be bought for about $6.66 a piece. Pac-Pix is $6.50 at TRU and w/ the buy 2 get 1 free is about $4.50 a piece, worth $9 after the bonus 50%. Nanostray was worth about $12.50-12.75 with the 50%.

You've also got that Armored Core PSP game that can be bought for $9.99 at GS/EB, and traded in for over $20 at Game Crazy.

Virtua Tennis 3 (although its a sports games and they aren't supposed to qualify...) is worth $45 after the bonus and is only $17 at Circuit City.

Blockbuster's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale (all used games $14.99 and under) is also a decent oppportunity, just try to find games that Game Crazy sells for over $14.99 themself, if possible (harder to do than you'd think).

It seems the computer isn't very picky about the B2G1 on E rated games. It worked on an E rated game, an E 10+, and my free one was a T rated game. I didn't even notice that legend of heroes was T until I got in the car. Whoops!

[quote name='Gotran']You mean you bought a Wii with your credit? As in they had some (or that they will get some) or you hope to exchange your credit for a Wii (like me)?[/quote]

They had 1 in, when I went into trade, so I used all my credit + a little more to do the buy 2G1F on E games. I just dumped another bunch of games to pick up wii sports (for the extra controller). I traded the following:

3rd party 360 wired controller 11$
xbox Justice League Heroes 7$
xbox Rapala Pro Fishing 2.50$
xbox Yu-Gi-Oh Dawn of something 6.60$

PSP (after +50%)

Ridge Racer 18$
Gunpey 13.50
Ape Escape 9.00
Untold Legends 7.50
Spiderman 2 10.50
Daxter 10.50

15$

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I think you could trade in these 4 games that would only cost you about $50 and make like $127.75 in credit!!!

($without50/$with50)

And it only costs $50!

I plan on doing this today, tomorrow, and hopefully the will extend it so I can get myself a PS3 for cheap![/QUOTE]

Yeah, freshzen covered it, but just so you don't get mad at us when you get back ;), you are taking the w/MVP prices and adding 50% so your values are a bit inflated there. It will still be a good deal, don't get me wrong, just not $127.75 (it should be $118.50).

Edit - Just called and Bust-A-Move for the DS (as opposed to the PSP price quited above) will net you $10.50 with the bonus. Meh, OK, but not worth going to TRU to get (too bad 'cause my store had between 10 and 20 of them). I also asked about the promo at this store just to make sure it was still running. They hadn't heard of it but looked it up and said it was good. I just thought that was odd - apparently people around here are not taking advantage of it ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, freshzen covered it, but just so you don't get mad at us when you get back ;), you are taking the w/MVP prices and adding 50% so your values are a bit inflated there. It will still be a good deal, don't get me wrong, just not $127.75 (it should be $118.50).

Edit - Just called and Bust-A-Move for the DS (as opposed to the PSP price quited above) will net you $10.50 with the bonus. Meh, OK, but not worth going to TRU to get (too bad 'cause my store had between 10 and 20 of them). I also asked about the promo at this store just to make sure it was still running. They hadn't heard of it but looked it up and said it was good. I just thought that was odd - apparently people around here are not taking advantage of it ;).[/quote]

Wait you live in CT? The computer at CC said they had 3 copies of VT3 but nobody there could find it. I traded in Armored Core (psp) and Bust-A-Move Deluxe (psp- the ds version isnt worth much). I got $42 in credit having only spent $20- not bad...

I still need something else to trade in with DOAX2. ANy ideas?

Traded in the same crap as everyone else plus a couple extras I had no intent of playing anymore. Ended up with $190 in credit, plus three PS2 games and an MVP card. I bought GTA:LCS for PS2, and it looks like its been run over by a truck, but the store I got it from is a good 50 miles away. Any chance of a return at a different store if it doesnt work?

[quote name='xdl']Traded in the same crap as everyone else plus a couple extras I had no intent of playing anymore. Ended up with $190 in credit, plus three PS2 games and an MVP card. I bought GTA:LCS for PS2, and it looks like its been run over by a truck, but the store I got it from is a good 50 miles away. Any chance of a return at a different store if it doesnt work?[/quote]

I think that may be YMMV I had no problems swapout out a defective game the other day. Not sure how they deal on returns with new games to another gamecrazy?

Since I felt like I took the same games to the well too many times at my local Gamecrazy, I took what I had left to one of the stores in ghetto neighborhoods. I got the 50% bump on all three games, but two of them were for less money and one was for more compared to the other store. But it came out to more or less the same thing I got last time when I didn't get the bump for Virtua Tennis 3.

My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.

And good job on trading in the Virtua Tennis games, guys.. it now trades in at $18, $27 after 50%. This is not a stock quantity trade-in value, this is the new value for it. Yeah, it had a drop today. Lots of drops today, will be posting in a second.

[quote name='Scorch']And good job on trading in the Virtua Tennis games, guys.. it now trades in at $18, $27 after 50%. This is not a stock quantity trade-in value, this is the new value for it. Yeah, it had a drop today. Lots of drops today, will be posting in a second.[/quote]

The jig is up!! Everybody scatter!!#-o

I just bought DOA X2 today and want to flip that in for $37.50. Plse post if the value of this has changed ASAP. I want to do the deal tomorrow. thx

Scorch, with all the store credit I now have I put my name on the wii waiting list. How exactley does that work at GC? If they get, say, 5 wiis do they just call the next 5 people on the list?

[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.

And good job on trading in the Virtua Tennis games, guys.. it now trades in at $18, $27 after 50%. This is not a stock quantity trade-in value, this is the new value for it. Yeah, it had a drop today. Lots of drops today, will be posting in a second.[/quote]No surprise there.

My guess is that DDU (game-only), DOAX2 and Just Cause will drop, with some others.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']I just bought DOA X2 today and want to flip that in for $37.50. Plse post if the value of this has changed ASAP. I want to do the deal tomorrow. thx[/QUOTE]
call before you go over there, values may differ by location anyway.

[quote name='shrike4242']No surprise there.

My guess is that DDU (game-only), DOAX2 and Just Cause will drop, with some others.[/quote]

DDRU isnt even accepted at my GC. What were you expecting? VT3 and the other games to stay the same value?

[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.

And good job on trading in the Virtua Tennis games, guys.. it now trades in at $18, $27 after 50%. This is not a stock quantity trade-in value, this is the new value for it. Yeah, it had a drop today. Lots of drops today, will be posting in a second.[/QUOTE]

Hmm and I was going to trade some in tomorrow! Looking forward (I think) to seeing what the new values are for 360 Just Cause, DOAXVB 2, Godfather, and Gunpey DS.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']DDRU isnt even accepted at my GC. What were you expecting? VT3 and the other games to stay the same value?[/quote]Not with the frequency they've been traded in since Monday, no.

Doesn't matter to me, as I just picked up VT3 to keep.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Scorch, with all the store credit I now have I put my name on the wii waiting list. How exactley does that work at GC? If they get, say, 5 wiis do they just call the next 5 people on the list?[/quote]
It's just basically calling "dibs". I doubt they go by the list. They'll go through and call loyal customers first, then whoever else. They may even throw the list away, depending on how big of an ass the manager is. Call Wednesday and Fridays around 2 and ask for Wii's. If the format for the past few weeks stays true, stores will get more later this week (Thursday or Friday) :whistle2:$

I can confirm that DOAX2 had a used price drop today, i'm sure the value did as well, not sure what it is now.

I did some trades tonight:
(prices include 50%)
DOAX2-$34.09
NBA 2k7(360)-$18.00
Just Cause- $34.09

They wouldnt take DDRU without the pad, but they let me trade in a sports game. I walked out with a used 360 Guitar Hero II w/ guitar, Planet Puzzle League, and an MVP renewal. Wasn't gonna renew at first, but he told me they had a used GHII and it was only $67.50.

I was thinking about buying games from them, but they wouldn't even acknowledge me presence when I walked in and didn't even ask me if I wanted help. Fools. If they only knew I had just spent $160 at EB. I won't give them my business... well unless sometime I can get on a deal that rapes them dry.

With todays drop came some new rules at my local store. Apparently now I can't mix trades, both need to be for the same system and I need to buy a new game for whatever system whose games I trade in. So if I trade in two DS games I have to buy one new DS game to get 50%. I am hoping it was just that worker, going to try the rest of my trades tomorrow.

They really give employees too much freedom in making up policy. Sometimes it works to our advantage but most of the time it is just annoying. :bomb:

At another store I was forced to buy a new game for every 2 games traded but they had no problem with me buying $7.99 PS2 games, can't beat $7.99 R-Type Final.

Bust a move (PSP) $19.60 (Down from $21.00)
DDRU (Xbox) $28.00 (Down from $30.00)
Dead or alive Xtreme 2 (Xbox) $31.83 (Down from $37.50)

They didn't seem to have many if any of the above games in stock. Odd that I got less than the previous poster.

bread's done
Back