GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

Ditto on DoAX, went down today at my GC per above. Also Gunpey DS decreased from $15 to $11.xx (xx because the receipt got stuck and cut off the cents).

Animal Crossing DS decreased also from $24 to $20.xx.

Oh well, came out even anyways. Got VT3 plus 50% bump earlier this week to make up for the price drops today.

Still a great churn for me. Averaged about 43 cents cost per trade in dollar overall using clearance material from the past year or so. Ended up with >$700 in credit on 4 cards.

[quote name='shrike4242']No surprise there.

My guess is that DDU (game-only), DOAX2 and Just Cause will drop, with some others.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about DOAX2, but no change with DDU and Just Cause... I saw no changes today, actually, and I traded late in the evening - so I'm not making changes to the Wiki on the games I traded unless more prices come in lower. Note that I didn't trade DOAX2 or VT3 (for 360 anyway). I was actually debating bringing my VT3 in because I did want to play it, but I thought it would be dumb not to take $45 for it when I'll probably be able to rebuy it new from GC in just a few months for $29.99 or $19.99. But now with the drop on that my decision is made (I'll keep it, maybe give it a play tonight even ;)).

More used B1G1 free Blockbuster games that cost me $14.99 per pair:
:psp: Rengoku: $9.75
:psp: Spiderman 2: $10.50
:psp: Untold Legends Warrior's Code: $10.50
:psp: Yu-Gi-Oh: $10.50
With the $21 I got the other day from Blockbuster stuff I was able to transfer a total of $45 in useless Blockbuster (formerly GR until mine shut down) credit into $62.25 of GC credit. With that I bought a third (black) controller for my 360 so me and the boys can all play together. I had been saving the BB/GR credit for an eventual trip to Atlanta where I planned to find a GR and buy one. This saved me all that trouble plus provided a boost in credit, so that's nice.

TRU fodder (went to a TRU Saturday and they had tons of each of these left):
:ds: Freedom Wings: $10.50
:ds: Gunpey: $15
:ds: Nanostray: $12.38
:ds: X-Men: $10.50
:psp: Virtua Tennis 3: $24.54 (this was mistagged at $9.98 at my TRU so extreme YMMV on that ;))

CC
:360: DDR Universe: $30
:360: Just Cause: $34.10

From GS:
:360: Arcade Unplugged: $27.27

Seriously, if they were doing any price drops because of us trading stuff in, you'd think Arcade Unplugged would be the first one dropped! I'm sure the few drops that did occur (VT3, DOAX2) were just coincidences and scheduled to happen anyway.

I went back to a store that let me trade in 4 things and just buy 1 new one before and this time they were all set to only bump up the highest 2 games I traded in (out of 6) for the new game I bought. I put a stop to that (and took back the other 4). Then I went to one of the good stores and did the rest there. I completely forgot about the $250 limit in gift cards though and what I got (added to what I already had on the card) would have put it at $256. That COMPLETELY hosed up the system and it took the guy 20 minutes to figure it all out. I felt bad, because I should have just asked for a new card. So I bought a couple of things even though he didn't require it ;).

[quote name='CaoPi']sounds like YMMV? lame how you can't trade in 2 games from across platforms and get any new game[/quote]

Pretty sure it was just exclusive to that employee. I'm just hoping he was making crap up and that it isn't the manager getting creative. Do these guys get any kind of memos when it comes to new promotions or are mine just too lazy to read them?

[quote name='paz9x']call before you go over there, values may differ by location anyway.[/quote]

i tried calling but my gamecrazy is doing the same crap that gamestop is doing. they told me that i had to go over there to tell me the trade in value of my games.

[quote name='bob330i']Ditto on DoAX, went down today at my GC per above. Also Gunpey DS decreased from $15 to $11.xx (xx because the receipt got stuck and cut off the cents).
.[/QUOTE]

I got $15 for it late Saturday evening (west coast to boot). It sounds like maybe they forgot to bump up the price on that one for you and gave you the regular MVP pricing of $11.00. I have one more to do tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes.

I'm updating the Wiki now. I'm putting in Scorch's VT3 price, of course, but beyond that I can't be sure what dropped. It looks like DOAX2 had a drop of $2.50 (in MVP terms - from $27.50 to $25). Since that worked out to such nice numbers (thanks to pinoy530's post) that seems pretty firm as an across-the-board drop. Gara, your drops seem like local things to me only in that they work out to really odd numbers either in base value or MVP value. Usually one or the other is a nice round number. That is beyond that fact that I got $30 for DDRU myself tonight ;). Keep in mind that they may not have all the copies of a particular game out on the shelves.

[quote name='Doomed']Got $138 for 8 DS games.
Preordered and paid for Mario Galaxy and SSBB, got a used wavebird and rayman arena.[/QUOTE]

Ack! We don't care what you bought or preordered! ;)

Post the values for those 8 DS games - there must be some new ones for the Wiki in there!

About the price drops that has everyone in a panic, besides the Virtua Tennis 3 drop, which was significant, it doesn't seem like it is too bad. DOAX2 dropped all of $2.50 (in MVP pricing, or $3.41 in 50% bump pricing). If it was worth trading before I can't see how that changes it (in fact, it makes it the same as Just Cause). I don't see any evidence of other drops for any of the other games we've been talking about (and have direct proof myself that many of them didn't drop at all). Still up in the air: Bust-A-Move for PSP, though like DOAX2 that doesn't seem significant even if true (less than $2 drop).

I traded (prices after 50%):

Mario Party 8 (Wii) - $42.27
SSX Blur (Wii) - $38.18

I had to buy a game with the trade-in. Also, I was going to trade in Tony Hawk Wii, but the trade-in was only $16 before 50% and they would only do the 50% with two games traded in and 1 purchased, so I passed.

[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.

And good job on trading in the Virtua Tennis games, guys.. it now trades in at $18, $27 after 50%. This is not a stock quantity trade-in value, this is the new value for it. Yeah, it had a drop today. Lots of drops today, will be posting in a second.[/QUOTE]

here is the opposite *unless they changed* called yesterday and they said it was a mistake in the flyer and the sale ends today. In a way im glad the sale is ending. got around 400 bucks in credit and with no new systems coming out this year , i will probally just waste it in buying games i shouldnt buy, but cause i have free credit i will.

I think i wait and see what kind of deals they have day after thanksgiving before dumping most of it

[quote name='slidecage']I think i wait and see what kind of deals they have day after thanksgiving before dumping most of it[/QUOTE]

Ditto here. I'll wait for some holiday sales before I buy anything else.

BTW, for those who were asking about store credit, at the bottom of the receipts indicate the store credit is good for 6 months. So if you haven't put your credit on a GC by then, make a note of it or some or all of your work will dissappear in December.

[quote name='slidecage']here is the opposite *unless they changed* called yesterday and they said it was a mistake in the flyer and the sale ends today. In a way im glad the sale is ending. got around 400 bucks in credit and with no new systems coming out this year , i will probally just waste it in buying games i shouldnt buy, but cause i have free credit i will. [/quote]

That's what happened to me. After preordering NCAA Football 08 (the game I really wanted) and Grand Theft Auto IV, I still kept going back and getting more credit and ending up with games like Rainbow Six Vegas and Prince of Persia Wii.

I was told the trade-in deal ended yesterday. Should I try another store today? Hoping to put in a preorder after tradining in Gears and GRAW.

[quote name='DevlynSyde']I was told the trade-in deal ended yesterday. Should I try another store today? Hoping to put in a preorder after tradining in Gears and GRAW.[/quote]

I thuoght it ends later today 7/1/06?

well, i took back the darkness to my store today since everyone is beating it in a day or two and wants nothing to do with it afterwards and the guy offered me store credit or cash on my return. i said cash since thats pretty much just a free $59.99 they'd be giving me but turns out they didn't have enough in the drawer. worth trying if your store forced you into buying a game every two trades and you planned on returning it.

well, i took back the darkness to my store today since everyone is beating it in a day or two and wants nothing to do with it afterwards and the guy offered me store credit or cash on my return. i said cash since thats pretty much just a free $59.99 they'd be giving me but turns out they didn't have enough in the drawer. worth trying if your store forced you into buying a game every two trades and you planned on returning it.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Guilty Gear PSP got me a very minimal 16.50 :([/quote]
Why the sad face? That's what everyone has been getting (and it is in the Wiki if you do the math right ;)).

Wow, I expected way more updates today... I'll be heading in for my last trades in a bit.

I have Scorch on AIM if anyone wants real-time updates. Ask quick because he's leaving soon.

Crackdown is $18 and Meet the Robinsons (Wii) is $16.36 (both before any bumps, so $27 and $24.54 afterwards). That is a small drop for Meet The Robinsons as it was $18 before MVP before (and now is $18 with MVP).

Bust-A-Move PSP is still $14 before bump, so there has been no drop on that.

Thanks a ton to Scorch for providing real-time updates!

Does gamecrazy require me to sign up for a membership card in order to trade-in games? I've never actually been to gamecrazy b/c i usually do my trade ins at EB.

[quote name='kchericeman1212']Does gamecrazy require me to sign up for a membership card in order to trade-in games? I've never actually been to gamecrazy b/c i usually do my trade ins at EB.[/QUOTE]

No, but they will pester you about it. It is worth getting, though, if you plan on trading even a few things in (or buying a few used games). It is $20 (first time, $15 for renewal) and you get a magazine sub with that - your choice of several including EGM and Nintendo Power.

Any last minute requests for Scorch for trade-in prices? He's got another 1/2 hour at work.

He says no price drops today (and DDRU is still $20 before bump).

More updates: base price of $9 for DS Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts and $7 for DS Open Season.

OK, Scorch and I made use of the real-time feed and updated some of the year-old wiki prices for 360 and DS. We'll do more of that next time he's at work.

Hope everyone got in on the last day of trades! I'm heading there myself right now though I don't have all that much to trade at this point ;).

[quote name='xcoax']well, i took back the darkness to my store today since everyone is beating it in a day or two and wants nothing to do with it afterwards and the guy offered me store credit or cash on my return. i said cash since thats pretty much just a free $59.99 they'd be giving me but turns out they didn't have enough in the drawer. worth trying if your store forced you into buying a game every two trades and you planned on returning it.[/QUOTE]
Wow cool so even if you buy stuff with gift card or store credit. Game Carzy will give you cash back if you return. Thanks man I'll cash out with the remain gift card. ^___^

I was rushing to beat Odin Sphere (PS2) today so I could trade it in for the extra 50%. Then I checked the OP #-o. Will probably still trade to GC, since I was quite happy with the amount of credit I got there from my last trade.

EDIT: For you wiki updaters, these are the trade-in values, without MVP, I got on 5/30/07:
GBA - FFIV Advance - $10.91
PS2 - Mercenaries - $7 (the same that GS offered to me >6 months ago :))
PS2 - Bully - $12
PS2 - Beyond Good and Evil - $2.50

Also traded in Contact but that's already up there.

[quote name='pete5883']IGBA - FFIV Advance - $10.91
.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that has actually gone up! It was only $6 in January. Any chance this was cart-only and they entered the wrong one (V or VI maybe)? The receipt should show it.

Reporting in....what a great deal. I dragged my feet on this one until the last day but it ended up paying off for me because I got rid of all the games I wanted to in only one trip. My experience was the best of both worlds. First off, they let me trade in more than 2 games at once. Second off, I didn't have to buy anything, ( I even thwarted off their attempts to sway me into an MVP card lol) I just got a giftcard.

Mario Party 8 (Wii) - $42 (had bought it at TRU for $30 on a pre-order deal)
Motorstorm - $45
Saints Row - $15
F.E.A.R. (360) - $34 \\:D/
Call of Duty 3 (360) - $30
GRAW 2 - $27

Total: $193!!! :lol:

Probably gonna take this and buy a Wii with it sometime soon (I gotta play me some Metroid Prime 3 and I wanna try out REWii edition)

Did some trading in today, Here's what I was able to pull off:

(Includes 50% bonus)
Bust a Move PSP - $21
DDRU - $30
DOA X2 - $34

On Friday, I was able to trade in the following Wii games (including 50%):
Super Paper Mario - $45
Rayman - $38
Wii Play (yes!) - $15

Okay, whatever mod moved this to the graveyard obviously can't read. This deal may or may not be dead. I will know in the morning. As I said before, the coupon says 7/1, the flyers say 7/13. Mods should really notify the thread starter before moving a deal thread.

[quote name='nonggame']Wow cool so even if you buy stuff with gift card or store credit. Game Carzy will give you cash back if you return. Thanks man I'll cash out with the remain gift card. ^___^[/quote]

uhh no. when you trade stuff in they can give you cash or store credit. It would've been like $22 cash or $28 store credit. He wasn't offering a full return, and you can't "cash out" a giftcard.

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, whatever mod moved this to the graveyard obviously can't read. This deal may or may not be dead. I will know in the morning. As I said before, the coupon says 7/1, the flyers say 7/13. Mods should really notify the thread starter before moving a deal thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I went in this evening I was told the same thing. The signage that they finally have up clearly says July 13th. I thought it was just on the flier which is one thing - but it is actually on the signs specific to this deal. But, as Scorch says, the barcode does say July 1st. So we'll find out tomorrow if the bar codes still scan and work as expected. If they do, I'd imagine you'd have no problem getting them to honor it if the signs are still up with the July 13th date on them.

Regardless I probably did as much as I could or should with this deal. But if it really runs for another 2 weeks maybe I'll save up some stuff for one more trip the end of next week.

I was able to trade 6 games in today for TMNT 360 (thanks for the price drop tip on that Scorch as they were clueless about it in the store ;)) and about $100 extra in credit.

Wiki has been updated... It looks like the only drops (for the games commonly discussed here) besides the rather large one on Virtua Tennis 3 are for DOAX2 and Meet The Robinsons. Both of those were just a few $ though. Also, it appears GRAW 2 and CoD 3 for the 360 dropped quite a bit.

[quote name='io']Wow, that has actually gone up! It was only $6 in January. Any chance this was cart-only and they entered the wrong one (V or VI maybe)? The receipt should show it.[/QUOTE]
It was cart-only, but I got the prices right off my receipt, which says
"PV-GBA-FINAL FANTASY IV ADAD"
Maybe whichever store gave $6 had a lot of copies already? I though the 91 cents was weird, too.

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, whatever mod moved this to the graveyard obviously can't read. This deal may or may not be dead. I will know in the morning. As I said before, the coupon says 7/1, the flyers say 7/13. Mods should really notify the thread starter before moving a deal thread.[/quote]Yes, I can read. The OP title says 07/01/07 and the OP text says nothing about a date.

Back on pageh #46, this post by you says it may be extended until 07/13:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3073308&postcount=915

If you added that to the OP, or put it up on the last page of the thread, then there wouldn't be any confusion. I'll put the above post in the OP and adjust the OP title.

Oh yeah, moved it back as well.

Obviously Scorch would know better than I would, but doesn't GC often stop and restart deals. I remember with the 3 for 10 on Classic they would cut the deal for a weekend then start it back on monday always changing coupons.

Personally I have gotten more than my fair share of benefit from this deal, but based on principle I hope it goes on. I really really can't stand when stores CLEARLY mark a price or date in an ad and then try to go back on their word citing that it was a "mistake". Obviously if the date is 7-13 on the sinage and the ad it is not a mistake. It would make more logical sense to me that they messed up on the internal coupon.

Sorry for the rant it just bugs me.

im to lazy to peer threw this whole thread whats the situation with taking cash instead of credit? is this on all items ?

Can you gain a bunch of credit and just ask to take it out in cash at once?

[quote name='Skelah']im to lazy to peer threw this whole thread whats the situation with taking cash instead of credit? is this on all items ?

Can you gain a bunch of credit and just ask to take it out in cash at once?[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='awp']So is this the situation for the B2G1 deals as well? That it may also not end until 7/13?[/quote]
Yes. All three signs (B2G1 E, B2G1 XB, 50%) have an end date of 7/13, but the coupons we scan say through 7/1. I am waiting to hear back from two people, and they will confirm whether or not it is through 7/13. If nothing else, I have a shift tomorrow, I'll be making phone calls if I don't get confirmation today.

And Skelah, sorry, i'm too lazy to answer you. I don't help those that don't help themselves first.

Scorch, called three of my local stores and all three said that they area honoring the signage but I didn't ask about the cooupons. Hope that that helps.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I don't want to sift through 49 pages for an answer...

I had to buy a new game in order to get the extra 50%, but I can return it within 7 days of purchase for credit, correct? I'm worried that I am going to be denied because the receipt includes my trades + 50% promo.

[quote name='benzene']I'm sure this has been asked, but I don't want to sift through 49 pages for an answer...

I had to buy a new game in order to get the extra 50%, but I can return it within 7 days of purchase for credit, correct? I'm worried that I am going to be denied because the receipt includes my trades + 50% promo.[/quote]

Why are you worried? You can't exactly ask for the games back that you traded in... chances are at least some of them have sold by now.

Their return policy is clear. You will be able to return your purchase.

Yeah, I returned one game no problem - but then the guy who took it back knows me pretty well. He didn't even look at the receipt and probably didn't realize I got it from the deal. I imagine they may give you a hard time if they notice that on the receipt, but as daminion says, their return policy is their return policy and you ought to be able to do it within 7 days. There's nothing in the fine print for the deal that says "no returns". Granted, you'll only get store credit back - but that's to be expected. Though one time I actually did get cash back for something I bought with store credit at a GC (not during this deal though).

Wow, no confirmations yet? I'm actually surprised at how quiet this thread has gotten the last few days (deal ending or not). It seems to me this is the best trade-in deal we've had since the EB extra $5 per game one (with no exclusions) WAY back in the beginning of 2005. And that had somewhat limited use because it was only good on cheap crap. This one isn't so great on super-cheap stuff, but it great on the mid-range titles and excellent on expensive stuff (so you can get loads of credit from just a few games).

I mean, I remember going to multiple TRUs to get super-cheap games for the EB deal and the net result of all that was that I got half off of DS and PS2 purchases at EB (so about $150 total in credit). Hell, I got that much just during one of my trades last week at GC ;).

This was one of the best deals in a long time. Got rid of my old games and flipped some from the CC deal. Have $300+ in credit now. :)

bread's done
Back