GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

I got:

Code:
Motorstorm              $45.00
Zelda (Wii)             $38.18
Virtual Tennis 3        $45.00
Gears of War            $42.68
Chrome Hounds           $13.50
The Outfit              $10.50
Trace Memory             $6.75
Zoo Keeper               $4.50
Metroid Pinball          $4.50
Meteos                  $10.50
Feel the Magic           $7.50
Brain Age               $10.50
Phoenix Wright          $15.00
New Super Mario Bros    $20.46
Elite Beat Agents       $22.50

They didn't make me buy a new game, but I grabbed RE4 Wii.

Halo 3, GTA IV, Orange Box, and Mass Effect, here I come.

Whow whoa if u get a PSP dont upgrade to the Sony 3.5, get the custom firmware lets u do everything the Sony update does plus all the fun extras :).

Did one final trade for this deal.

DOAX2 (2 copies) for $37.50 a piece. Got DDRU bundle.

Also decided to finally trade in my old Xbox (now down to $40 trade-in), a bunch of accessories and a few games that aren't backwards compatable. Ended up with enough credit to get NBA Street Homecourt, PGR3 (son was made that I had traded it in the first time) and pay off Blue Dragon. They also talked me into getting a MVP card as it only netted to about $4 by time they added the 10% to my trades.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Whow whoa if u get a PSP dont upgrade to the Sony 3.5, get the custom firmware lets u do everything the Sony update does plus all the fun extras :).[/quote]

The reason for upgrading to 3.5 is because 3.5 is now downgrade-able with the help of Lumines.

its funny how things change from day to day at gamecrazy. for example, i called yesterday to see if they had a copy of the darkness, and the guy was like they have absolutely none, and i'd have to wait until next week before they have any at all. i call today, and the guy says they've got a ton and theres no rush to come in. not to mention the trade in values actually went up from the last time i was there for two of my games. i was in there last week and they were going to give me $27.xx for GRAW2, and today they gave me $45. heres the totals on what i got today.

:360: Spiderman 3 $45
:360: Prey $15
:360: THP8 $30
:360: GRAW2 $45

I ended up getting the darkness and put the rest on a giftcard. though, the guy did hassle me for no less than five minutes about renewing my MVP card. I just finally told him that I never once used the one I got from last year and I've barely even read 10 pages from my free subscription to Nintendo power all year.

I wish there was some consistancy with this deal. I took my games into a store today, and the clerk said that I only get the 50% bump if I order a brand new current title, not a pre-order.

Another store gave me the store credit, no problem whatsoever, but wouldn't give me the bump for Virtua Tennis 3 "because it's a sports title," even though a different clerk gave it to me since it wasn't an annual sports title like Madden, NBA Live, etc.

But they're still giving $30 for Virtua Tennis 3.

At my store, they were offering Just Cause for $20.91 (before the bump) yesterday, but today it was down to $19.09.

DOAX2 was $37.50 with the bump.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I wish there was some consistancy with this deal. I took my games into a store today, and the clerk said that I only get the 50% bump if I order a brand new current title, not a pre-order.

Another store gave me the store credit, no problem whatsoever, but wouldn't give me the bump for Virtua Tennis 3 "because it's a sports title," even though a different clerk gave it to me since it wasn't an annual sports title like Madden, NBA Live, etc.[/QUOTE]

Know exactly what you mean.

I went to a store I had traded in before, but this time it was a different employee and would only let you get 50% on 2 games. He would do me a favor and give me the extra 50% on my 3rd game Gears of War if I would buy the MVP. "So basically the MVP would be free!"

I just kept Gears, got the Darkness and put the remaining credit on a gift card.

I just called a store and was quoted $20 for 360 Marvel Ultimate Alliance, so it does appear that one has dropped system-wide. That makes it $30 after the promo but removes it as a possibility for converting some of my Blockbuster credit to GC. Hopefully I can find some cheap PSP games to use.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I wish there was some consistancy with this deal. I took my games into a store today, and the clerk said that I only get the 50% bump if I order a brand new current title, not a pre-order.

Another store gave me the store credit, no problem whatsoever, but wouldn't give me the bump for Virtua Tennis 3 "because it's a sports title," even though a different clerk gave it to me since it wasn't an annual sports title like Madden, NBA Live, etc.

But they're still giving $30 for Virtua Tennis 3.

At my store, they were offering Just Cause for $20.91 (before the bump) yesterday, but today it was down to $19.09.

DOAX2 was $37.50 with the bump.[/QUOTE]

yeah, at my store, they changed policies by the employee working there. one day they made me get a game per every two titles i traded in, and the next i got it on a gift card. i even got higher values for a couple of games the second time.

I traded in the following, the values are with 50% bump.

Diddy Kong Racing $22.50
Madagascar DS $9.00
Brain Age $10.50
Super Mario DS $21
Lionel Trains DS $10.50
Condemned $10.50
THP8 360 $33.00
VT3 360 $45.00
Moto GP 06 $18.15
DDRU 360 $33.00
Burnout 360 $18.00
Bionicles 360 $18.00

MVP 10% Bonus $25

I bought the MVP Card, DDRU 360 Bundle and still have about $180 in credit. It sure was one big cluster fuck with the clerk.

I must have the worst Game Crazy in the world where I live. The asshole manager told me the deal was only for credit toward a previously preordered game or a future preorder... I couldn't even use the credit to buy a game that's in stock now. :whistle2:s I told him that was nuts, and he pointed to wording in the signage that the credit was for the "next game on your list," which he insisted meant preorders only. Douche.

That place just sucks... games at high prices in crappy condition, relentless peddling of the MVP program, and BS like this.

Incidentally, I took my games to EB and got about the same deal as they were offering with the 50% bonus ($28 vs. $30), so GC must have dropped their trade-in values, or else they always suck.

Hmm, I'll try posting my question again. Scorch or any other GameCrazy employee can give me some insight?

For example if decide I want to pick up a brand new game. If I have store credit, it's not considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new game, I won't be paying the usual tax associated with buying a game. I'll only be paying the $59.99 for a brand new game, nothing else will come out of my store credit. But with a gift card, it's considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new $59.99 game, I'll have to pay the additional sales tax on top of the $59.99. Which means, the $59.99 + sales tax will be coming out of my gift card.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, this is what I have heard and come to understand.

I'm just debating whether I should go and put all of my GameCrazy store credit on a gift card. If the tax thing is true, I'll stick to keeping my store credit then.

I got taxed on what I bought and it was taken out of my credit. :(

Also, since I'm here...

I went in and took some Wii and 360 games. The guy seemed really cool and offered me $120 in credit. He said, according to the ad, I had to buy one new game in order to use the credit. He also kept insisting I buy an MVP card. Well, I bought a new copy of "Yoshi's Island DS" to meet my trade in requirement and put the rest of the credit towards a new DS Lite. However, since I live so far away and usually don't buy used games, I told him that I didn't want the MVP card. He wasn't exactly so cool after I made that clear as he really, really wanted me to buy that damn MVP card. But at least I finally have DS Lite. Overall it was still a better experience than I usually have in Gamestop or EB.

BTW, does anyone know if Movie Gallery (which is owned by Hollywood Video) will honor the free rental coupons that GameCrazy gives away when you purchase a new console? Because I have 12 months worth (one for each month) and Hollywood Video is too far away.

I ran into a CAG'er tonight.. cool guy, but don't give up my location! I'd like to keep bringing GC news/deals/price drops! But definately keep coming back in and i'll cut you some deals.

[quote name='swy81']Hmm, I'll try posting my question again. Scorch or any other GameCrazy employee can give me some insight?

For example if decide I want to pick up a brand new game. If I have store credit, it's not considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new game, I won't be paying the usual tax associated with buying a game. I'll only be paying the $59.99 for a brand new game, nothing else will come out of my store credit. But with a gift card, it's considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new $59.99 game, I'll have to pay the additional sales tax on top of the $59.99. Which means, the $59.99 + sales tax will be coming out of my gift card.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, this is what I have heard and come to understand.

I'm just debating whether I should go and put all of my GameCrazy store credit on a gift card. If the tax thing is true, I'll stick to keeping my store credit then.[/quote]

Not sure about the liquid or whatever thing.. but store credit is not taxed. When credit gets moved to a giftcard, the systems counts whatever's on the giftcard as a cash transaction and it IS taxed. So keep the credit.

I didn't get taxed on a game I got with store credit.

On a side note, would it be wrong to go to same well again and again at the same store? Do they keep track of what you trade to them? There's another GameCrazy I can trade some CC titles to, but I have to buy in-stock games and I won't be able to combine the $7 or so left over with the $7 I have from another store.

I unloaded 12 games at my local Gamestop in Eugene, Oregon. The guy said I had to buy an MVP card along with it. It wasn't a big deal for me since I was getting a subscription to EGM and was flipping VT3 and DOAX2 anyway.

Here are some XBox 360 games that I don't think have been mentioned (all after 50%):

Superman Returns $19.88
PGR3 $13.80
GRAW $15
Saint's Row $15
Viva Pinata $15
Top Spin 2 $15
Bionicle Heroes $18
The Darkness $41.60

I traded:

Ridge Racer 6 - $8.40
FNR3 - $12.10
Crackdown - $23.18
Tomb Raider Legend - $16.80

I was told I had to buy a new game for the extra credit. I was there to pick up The Darkness so it didn't matter.

This thread has slowed a bit, which is odd considering the deal is nearing the end. I had some good times tonight. I went back to my closest store to swap out a game I bought last time (explained the reasoning before). Before he completed the sale swap (I had to pay $10 more for the second game) he told me about the 50% bonus deal. This is the first time any GC employee has actually offered the deal to me. But what is funny is this is the same guy I was complaining about back when this first started who said you needed to buy a new game for every pair traded. He said I should trade some games in for the one I was getting today, so I went back out to my car to get the ones I had intended to bring to a store 20 miles away (where they don't require a game purchase). He thought that was pretty funny (that I had games just sitting in my car) - but anyway, even though this was a swap of a game I got via the deal last week, he let me trade in 6 more games today. He said I should come back on the weekend for sure and get in on it again before it ends ;).

His manager was sitting right there the whole time, too, so they must have amended their policy to just require 1 purchase total. They were hardasses about it at the beginning. Because they loosened up the deal I dropped a preorder and will probably do another if I go back in there this weekend.

Anyways, some new values (all after 50%):

I picked up 2 PSP games at Blockbuster (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under):
:psp: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: $10.50
:psp: X-Men Legends II: $10.50
Not bad to convert $14.99 of otherwise useless Blockbuster credit into $21 at GC! I just wish there were more PSP games for sale at my local (non-GR) Blockbuster. There's another Yu-Gi-Oh and an Untold Legends Warriors code, but that's about it for $14.99 and under (other than sports titles like Virtua Tennis which I'm not sure they would take).

Also, some Buy 2 Get 1 free $9.98 DS games from TRU:
:ds: Gunpey: $15 :)lol: at more Gunpeys, just for a different system this time)
:ds: Freedom Wings: $10.50
:ds: Nanostray: $12.38
This is the first time I've been to TRU since the $9.98 sale started on Monday and there were piles of these 3 games left, so I didn't feel bad buying a few for flipping. Freedom Wings isn't really worth it and unfortunately I bought 2 of those and only 1 Nanostray. I just assumed Nanostray has been out for so long GC would price it lower than Freedom Wings. Oh well...

and some other random stuff that everyone else has been trading. I only got $25.08 for Arcade Unplugged, but I'm assuming that must be a local stock issue...

I went to a second store where I wasn't required to buy anything but I picked up a new game anyway. I gots to do something with all this credit! :lol:

My barcode says it ends 7/1/07.

The signage that we're told to display in the store says 7/13/07.

I'll have a final answer soon.

Thinking about hittin' the town tomorrow in search of stuff to trade in for double what I paid so I can pick up Grim Grimoire (spl?) and pay off Hoshigami Remix.

[quote name='Scorch']My barcode says it ends 7/1/07.

The signage that we're told to display in the store says 7/13/07.

I'll have a final answer soon.[/QUOTE]

It would be sweet if the deal went until then.

I still need time to find stuff to trade in towards John Woo's Stranglehold and Bioshock :)

[quote name='mer71']
MVP 10% Bonus $25.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you got an extra $25 MVP bonus on top of the 50% trade-in deal? That is amazing. I didn't even think that was possible (with the POS computer that is).

[quote name='canedaddy']
I must have the worst Game Crazy in the world where I live. The asshole manager told me the deal was only for credit toward a previously preordered game or a future preorder... I couldn't even use the credit to buy a game that's in stock now. I told him that was nuts, and he pointed to wording in the signage that the credit was for the "next game on your list," which he insisted meant preorders only. Douche.

That place just sucks... games at high prices in crappy condition, relentless peddling of the MVP program, and BS like this.

Incidentally, I took my games to EB and got about the same deal as they were offering with the 50% bonus ($28 vs. $30), so GC must have dropped their trade-in values, or else they always suck.
[/quote]

That's funny because at first I was HOPING I could use it on a preorder and they wouldn't let me. But since then I've found places they let me get the credit without buying anything - but it is either buy a new game or buy nothing.

Also, I don't believe your last bit there as 95% of games will get you much less at EB than GC (and the other 5% will mostly be the same ;)). Some examples: Wii Meet The Robinsons is $12 at EB (or $13.20 with Edge bonus) compared to a base of $19.80 at GC (with MVP) or $27 with the 50% bonus. Avatar is $8.80 with Edge at EB and $16.50 at GC with MVP or $22.50 with the 50% deal. The base price comparison is typical of most games...

[quote name='io']Wait, you got an extra $25 MVP bonus on top of the 50% trade-in deal? That is amazing. I didn't even think that was possible (with the POS computer that is).[/quote]

It's not - even if we add the extra 10% then apply the 50%, it erases the 10%.

[quote name='freshzen']Thinking about hittin' the town tomorrow in search of stuff to trade in for double what I paid so I can pick up Grim Grimoire (spl?) .[/QUOTE]

That would be the game I got today at GC ;).

[quote name='Scorch']It's not - even if we add the extra 10% then apply the 50%, it erases the 10%.[/quote]

I have no idea how it all the played out. It took the guy forever to get everything in. He was writing on paper and using a calculator. Funny thing is, the receipt says cash tendered ($20) to cover the MVP card. He moved a twenty bill from one slot to another in the cash drawer. Currently I have $136 on a gift card and $46.75 (part of it was leftover MVP bonus) in store credit on my account. I wasn't even going to buy the MVP, but when it was practically free with a magazine subscription. NO BRAINER!!!

[quote name='io'] That's funny because at first I was HOPING I could use it on a preorder and they wouldn't let me. But since then I've found places they let me get the credit without buying anything - but it is either buy a new game or buy nothing. [/quote]
I went in with the intention of picking up Final Fantasy for PSP, and was told that I couldn't since I hadn't preordered it. I had to get something off my "list," which he insisted referred to games that had been preordered, or would be. And the dude in question isn't just some dumb clerk... he's the manager.

[quote name='io'] Also, I don't believe your last bit there as 95% of games will get you much less at EB than GC (and the other 5% will mostly be the same ;)). [/quote]
Believe what you want, but the GC guy told me that with the 50% bonus, I'd get $30 for these four games: Crush, MegaMan Powered Up, Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Pocket Racers. I went to EB and they gave me $28.05 for those same four games with only a 10% bonus from the Edge card. It was well worth the $2 loss to not have to deal with those idiots at GC. :booty:

In case anyone is wondering: Crush is great, MegaMan is good, NFS is meh, and Pocket Racers is probably the worst game on PSP.

I traded 2 copies Eragon 360, 2 copies DDRU 360 , 1 Copy Meet the Robinsons Wii and 1 copy of Armored Core 4 360. Total cost to me was 90.25 without AC4 and total credit was 135 with 50% bonus for those 5 games. That said when I purchased Armored Core 4 it was 35 with MVP and I got 45 in credit so it is even hurting them on some of these deals. I picked up Darkness, POTC3 used (was worth $40 not $60), Surf's Up for my daughter, and 1600 points with a $5 deposit for All Pro 2k8.

I made a call about the store credit I got. And they stated I had zero credit in my account. All in all after some discussion, I only got $30 and change on my account. Now I am heading back tonight to trade in some more.

I'd try a few more trade-ins if the employees didn't seem to pull the restrictions out of their ass every time I go.

Overall, the employees seem just as bad as EB/GS.

[quote name='OGHowie']I'd try a few more trade-ins if the employees didn't seem to pull the restrictions out of their ass every time I go.

Overall, the employees seem just as bad as EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

There's no consistent way to describe the hourly rate employees of a nationwide chain. It all depends on the particular employees in your local stores. Maybe there's a particularly bad STORE, with a poor manager who hires annoying workers. But all GC are not the same, just like all Best Buys, EBs, etc. aren't all the same.

I've had good luck with Game Crazys that have been close to my home in the San Diego and Seattle areas, but I'm sure there are some that are awful. I've also seen fantastic Gamestops, and awful ones. I used to drive by one Gamestop and drive an extra two miles to go to a Gamestop with competent employees. If you live near a lousy Game Crazy, I perfectly understand not wanting to shop there.

Now a more objective comparison between chains is the trade-in values dictated by the corporate office. I've consistently found that GameCrazy gives more for trades for me. My experience has been that GC's trade in price is either very close than Gamestop, or significanly higher.

[quote name='firenze']There's no consistent way to describe the hourly rate employees of a nationwide chain. It all depends on the particular employees in your local stores. Maybe there's a particularly bad STORE, with a poor manager who hires annoying workers. But all GC are not the same, just like all Best Buys, EBs, etc. aren't all the same. [/quote]

You've spoken the truth, and therefore it will be disbelieved and ignored.

I can't believe people actually prefer Game Stop over Game Crazy. Game Crazy seems to give out 40-50% of what they sell a game for, while Game Stop rarely exceeds 33%. Plus Game Crazy will actually mark old RPGs down to $20 or under instead of keeping the price at $50 until sold out. And the simple fact that $19.99 MSRP games are almost always sold for $14.99 at Game Crazy instead of Game Stop's hilarious $2 discount, $17.99 standard price--really makes anybody that likes Game Stop more look like a Rich Ass Gamer :)

Why do you guys even care if the store employees are competent or not? Unless you yourself lack such competence and rely on retail workers to help you.

My biggest problem with GC over GS is that at GC if you do not want the card it becomes like a used car salesman. I finally got the card on my last trade in and since then they have been nothing but great and have given me no problems and also a few suggestions on games but before if I wanted to trade in or just buy something it was a constant battle about my not wanting the card. That said GS doesn't really care if you have the card they will ask once and leave it at that. I prefer GC lately because prices are better for most games although GS policy of used returns within a week is also quite good if I purchase a game like eragon by mistake and realize it sucks I can still take it back no questions asked.

[quote name='freshzen']Why do you guys even care if the store employees are competent or not? Unless you yourself lack such competence and rely on retail workers to help you.[/QUOTE]

Because it's the incompetent employees that waste my time and make the experience not enjoyable?

You've obviously never had an incompetent employee waste your time because they didn't know how to do trade ins, scan promotions, or even refill the receipt paper? All three of those things happened to me during one trip at GC.

[quote name='canedaddy']I
Believe what you want, but the GC guy told me that with the 50% bonus, I'd get $30 for these four games: Crush, MegaMan Powered Up, Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Pocket Racers. I went to EB and they gave me $28.05 for those same four games with only a 10% bonus from the Edge card. It was well worth the $2 loss to not have to deal with those idiots at GC. :booty:
.[/QUOTE]

I think there might have been some misunderstanding then. $30 for 4 games means $7.50 each. If that is with the 50% bonus that means each one has a base value of $5. Only the lowest of the low PSP games get $5 or less in trade value at GC (whereas such a trade-in value is much more common at EB/GS even for good stuff). Pocket Racers might fit the bill (with NSFMW not far behind), but I'm sure Crush gets at least $9-$12. I'm guessing that the $30 was actually the base trade-in values, so your after-bonus haul would have been $45. If anyone can verify the trade-in price for Crush that would help. Of course, none of those 4 games are on the wiki :lol:.

I made a mistake in my comparisons post back a ways. I said EB gives $12 for Meet The Robinisons (compared to GC's $18). I was wrong - EB only gives $10 for it ;).

Well i finally bit they would take DDR told me it was 0 in the system so traded into Fye and got 32.40 in credit. They also wouldnt bump me 50%on Virtual Tennis 3 so i didnt trade that in

Traded in
DOA 2 xtreme *2
Just Cause *2
Total Credit 143.20

got Condemmed and a Onyx Ds lite for 10 dollars out of pocket. Can i take condemmed back in the next week and get store credit?

Joe

[quote name='dfg']You've spoken the truth, and therefore it will be disbelieved and ignored.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course, any generalization of the entire chain based on the employees at one or even a handful of stores is useless - we all know that (but it doesn't stop people ;)).

As for the YMMV "pulled-out-of-the-ass" restrictions, EB/GS has EXACTLY the same problem. Look no further than the trade 2 Wii games for a new one deal. And last summer when they had the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal with no 2005 or older sports titles, each store and each employee at each store interpreted those restrictions in entirely different ways. Now, if they are not consistent at a particular store, you can certainly blame the manager. And I'd blame the district managers and/or corporate for not making the restrictions clear and concise so they are applied consistently across the chain. Of course, if they did that they I would have missed out on some great deals (like the one EB out of 6 in my area that took in Jampacks as part of that extra $10 deal last year ;)).

[quote name='averageguy']Well i finally bit they would take DDR told me it was 0 in the system so traded into Fye and got 32.40 in credit. They also wouldnt bump me 50%on Virtual Tennis 3 so i didnt trade that in

Traded in
DOA 2 xtreme *2
Just Cause *2
Total Credit 143.20

got Condemmed and a Onyx Ds lite for 10 dollars out of pocket. Can i take condemmed back in the next week and get store credit?

Joe[/QUOTE]

Isn't it more like $80 out of your pocket?

[quote name='averageguy']

Joe[/QUOTE]

I had no problem taking back my forced-purchase game from 3 or 4 days back yesterday. I had the receipt with me but didn't even need to show it. It helped, probably, that I was buying something else in exchange though. But, as I detailed yesterday, I was able to do several more trades and count the "exchange" as my one new purchase for the promo, so I was happy about that!

Just say you bought the game and read reviews and determined it wasn't for you. Don't mention anything about the promo of course (unless you have more games to trade ;)).

(vinhjdao - I think he means after the trade-in credit he paid $10 more in cash - but yes, his actual cost was more than that ;)).

[quote name='duckydan']My biggest problem with GC over GS is that at GC if you do not want the card it becomes like a used car salesman. [/quote]
That's an insult to used car salesman. The GameCrazy people are more like Amway dealers... they're relentless. I've told the one jackass about a dozen times that I'm not ever going to be interested in his MVP crap, and still he started in on it when I was there this week. "That MVP deal you keep turning down would really save you a lot on this deal... 3 dollars! It would almost pay for itself! Here... I don't know if you're into Transformers or not, but I'll throw in this Transformer action figure!" That's pretty much word for word.

Seriously, it's going to take an unbelievably sweet deal to get me to go back there. That place is the worst.

Whoever bought 4-5 copies of Meet the Robinsons, DDRU, and whatever else was on clearance at the CC in Valencia between yesterday and today can promptly eat a dick.

Ass.

I had a great experience. Was able to trade five games, one of them being a GBA game, and get 50% on all of them, and not have to buy a thing.

Just Cause $34 or something
DOAX2 $37.50
College Hoops 2K7 X2 $30 (Not as much as I expected :()
World Championship Poker (GBA) $3.40

Turned $73 into $135. The college hoops weren't that worth it IMO, they didn't even double. I will return tomorrow with more DOAX2's and maybe another college hoops, if I need it. I just wanna make enough for a Wii.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Whoever bought 4-5 copies of Meet the Robinsons, DDRU, and whatever else was on clearance at the CC in Valencia between yesterday and today can promptly eat a dick.

Ass.[/QUOTE]
OOOOOOh scary

[quote name='ddrisgood137']I had a great experience. Was able to trade five games, one of them being a GBA game, and get 50% on all of them, and not have to buy a thing.

Just Cause $34 or something
DOAX2 $37.50
College Hoops 2K7 X2 $30 (Not as much as I expected :()
World Championship Poker (GBA) $3.40

Turned $73 into $135. The college hoops weren't that worth it IMO, they didn't even double. I will return tomorrow with more DOAX2's and maybe another college hoops, if I need it. I just wanna make enough for a Wii.[/quote]

YOu are lucky they let you trade in college hoops as sports titles are suppose to be excluded.

bread's done
Back