GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='asianxcore']is the CoD 3 everyone is trading in the 360 version?

I beat the SP and no one plays MP anymore so I might let it go.[/quote]

Actually there's still quite a bit of people on CoD 3 multi, at least now that Halo 3 beta is over. I can pretty easily get in any type of match, including ranked, anytime from 6 a.m-3 a.m. central anyday.

I already got $51 from DDRU and Avatar and I got 2 more each of these, which means I just made 20 bucks in a matter of minutes.:bouncy: Feel bad for gamecrazy, though. They are gonna have a ton of sh!tty unsellable games once this deal is set and done. One thing, though. Where does it say the deal ends on July 1st?

Also one more thing. When I traded them at GC, I had more of them but he said you can do only 2 at a time per day. Sounds kinda silly. (i guess to deter) Is that really the promotion or can you do multiples of 2 (4,6,8, 14, etc) and he's just pulling a fast one? Also can you use duplicate games in one trade? (i.e: 2 DDR's)

[quote name='tefillaman']Also one more thing. When I traded them at GC, I had more of them but he said you can do only 2 at a time per day. Sounds kinda silly. (i guess to deter) Is that really the promotion or can you do multiples of 2 (4,6,8, 14, etc) and he's just pulling a fast one? Also can you use duplicate games in one trade? (i.e: 2 DDR's)[/quote]

Geez they are just making up rules as they go along. If you have been following the thread you can see it is pretty YMMV. My local store just lets me trade in as many as I want (dupes included).

There are no real limits on the computer but it seems the employee can just make up whatever terms he or she wants.

[quote name='Gara']Geez they are just making up rules as they go along. If you have been following the thread you can see it is pretty YMMV. My local store just lets me trade in as many as I want (dupes included).

There are no real limits on the computer but it seems the employee can just make up whatever terms he or she wants.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally found a store that is "2 or more" with no other strings attached - I traded 3 games there yesterday. Very nice, but I've already gone there twice in the last 3 days. I need to try a different one tomorrow for my (likely) last set of trades.

But, anyways, YMMV. To the person who said they aren't supposed to make you buy a new game I'd say this is not correct - the promo seems to be *intended* for a new game purchase only, but of course YMMV on all that ;). Point is, you can't be upset if they enforce that (however, I think it is BS if they only give you the 50% bump on 1 or 2 out of 4 games as some have had happen).

[quote name='Gara']I always keep mine on the card so I can use it at hollywood video and other gamecrazy stores. I guess it is a regional thing on the sales tax? Never had to pay it in cash here in California when using the card.

Anyone know if games rated E but with the subtext of "10+" work with the B2G1? The newbie I had ringing me up refused to do it for me but it seems kind of silly[/quote]

What I mean is say for example I decide I want to pick up a brand new game. If I have store credit, it's not considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new game, I won't be paying the usual tax associated with buying a game. I'll only be paying the $59.99 for a brand new game, nothing else will come out of my store credit. But with a gift card, it's considered "liquid" so if I buy a brand new $59.99 game, I'll have to pay the additional sales tax on top of the $59.99. Which means, the $59.99 + sales tax will be coming out of my gift card.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, this is what I have heard and come to understand.

A question about giftcards do they work nationwide? like if i got one in california could i take it to another state and use it? Anyone know?

[quote name='Skelah']A question about giftcards do they work nationwide? like if i got one in california could i take it to another state and use it? Anyone know?[/quote]
Yes, you can

[quote name='tefillaman']I already got $51 from DDRU and Avatar and I got 2 more each of these, which means I just made 20 bucks in a matter of minutes.:bouncy: Feel bad for gamecrazy, though. They are gonna have a ton of sh!tty unsellable games once this deal is set and done. One thing, though. Where does it say the deal ends on July 1st?[/quote]

how much did they give u for avatar and what system?

Today was so weird, because i went to Circuitcity for trade fodder, but got beat to it, by no less than a Gamecrazy employee... could only buy 2 bionicles while i saw him get like 12 wii & x360 games, anyways.

Gunpey DS 10/15 with 50%
Phoenix DS 10/15 with 50%
Nanostray DS ?/12.38 with 50%
Bionicles heroes X360 12/18 with 50%
Feel the magic DS 5/7.50 with 50%
Ridge Racer DS 6/9 with 50%
Amped 3 X360 10 no 50% qualify (sports)

Overall not bad, thank god for TRU and b2g3

:p

another quick question....

GameCrazy can't lower the trade-in value because of too many copies, can they? I traded in 2 copies of DOAX2 today, and plan on trading in 4 more tomorrow....the trade value won't go down because they have at least 6 used copies, will it?
Thanks

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']another quick question....

GameCrazy can't lower the trade-in value because of too many copies, can they? I traded in 2 copies of DOAX2 today, and plan on trading in 4 more tomorrow....the trade value won't go down because they have at least 6 used copies, will it?
Thanks[/quote]

I believe they can. Or they just won't take them if they have too many copies.

Thanks[/quote]

yes.

there's also a limit of two titles per account per day. The computer automatically starts lowering the trade in value after 5 copies.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']really?

they won't take them if they have too many? what do you think that number is?[/quote]

My store has 24 copies of the godfather game and about 15 copies of Bully. I'm wondering if the computer actually prompts something about overstock or if it just depends on a knowledgeable employee.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']does any know how much they lower the value?

ie, DOAX2 is $25 right now....so after 5 copies....think it will drop to $23 or what?[/quote] Go to another store if you have any other stores near you.

[quote name='Gara']My store has 24 copies of the godfather game and about 15 copies of Bully. I'm wondering if the computer actually prompts something about overstock or if it just depends on a knowledgeable employee.[/quote]

the trade value lowers automatically.

[quote name='nonggame']I still have about 700 bones in the card and this is after I pick up brand new PS3 and the Wii. Game trading will be much better if Game Crazy somehow take over GS/EB ^__^;[/quote]
How did you get $700 on a card? I thought the maximum was $250 or something.

[quote name='shinclyde']Today was so weird, because i went to Circuitcity for trade fodder, but got beat to it, by no less than a Gamecrazy employee... could only buy 2 bionicles while i saw him get like 12 wii & x360 games, anyways.

Bionicles heroes X360 12/18 with 50%

:p[/QUOTE]

I don't get it, you bought Bionicles at CC for $17 + tax and got $18 for them at GC? Eh? I mean, I got a Bionicles from Walmart's online store for $11.70 shipped for my kids, but I didn't even think that was worth getting to trade in :lol:.

I wasn't able to make it out today, hopefully everything (this and the EB deal) holds tomorrow...

[quote name='parKer20']How did you get $700 on a card? I thought the maximum was $250 or something.[/QUOTE]
LOL you don't want to know how many cards I have ^__^;

[quote name='nonggame']LOL you don't want to know how many cards I have ^__^;[/quote]
Ahh, I see. You have multiple cards. Your post made it seem like you had ("700 bones in THE card") $700 on 1 card. ;)

Lame, I went back today to trade in VT3 and DOAX2, but the manager limited me to just 2 copies of the same game not daily but on my account total! So I was only allowed to trade in one more VT3 and one more DOAX2. This was probably the 3rd time she had seen me during the deal, so she was visibly annoyed that I was flipping. I asked, "Isn't it 2 per day?" She said, "Nope 2 per account." without even looking at me. I didn't want to argue and just got Pokemon on Wii and the balance went into my account. Now I gotta go to the other GameCrazy 10 miles away to trade in my games...

VT3 is still getting $45 after 50% bonus.

I guess alot of GameCrazy employees make up the rules as they go.

[quote name='OGHowie']Lame, I went back today to trade in VT3 and DOAX2, but the manager limited me to just 2 copies of the same game not daily but on my account total! So I was only allowed to trade in one more VT3 and one more DOAX2. This was probably the 3rd time she had seen me during the deal, so she was visibly annoyed that I was flipping. I asked, "Isn't it 2 per day?" She said, "Nope 2 per account." without even looking at me. I didn't want to argue and just got Pokemon on Wii and the balance went into my account. Now I gotta go to the other GameCrazy 10 miles away to trade in my games...

VT3 is still getting $45 after 50% bonus.

I guess alot of GameCrazy employees make up the rules as they go.[/quote]

Well, it depends on the GC you go to. The store that I work at is a bit more strict on what we can and can't do, then you have the store that's about 30 min away from me that can bend the rules as long as it brings the store revenue (MVPs, Strat Guide Purchases, Used Game Sales etc.)

BTW, to the best of my knowledge it is two a day on buying or trading the same game. But, no two stores are the same and Game Crazy hasn't really reached GameStop strictness yet. Sad thing is, the company inches closer every day. :cry:

Urashima

Thanks[/quote]

Dude, it should go down for you. 6 is too freaking much man. I am glad you don't live in my city...taking 6 copies of one game....wrong and ridiculous.

Question:

I'm trying to buy a new PSP with my credit, but none of the stores have the firmware model I want (if you know how to figure out from reading the labels, I want any letter after n).

Both of the game crazy's I've been to only have L and I'm checking one tomorrow. If that gamecrazy doesn't have a psp with the fw I want, I'll probably just buy whatever PSP that they have.

My question is, can I just buy a PSP from any gamecrazy using my credit, then buy another PSP at Circuit City or Best Buy (with the firmware that I want), then return the gamecrazy psp back to the CC or BB?

That works, right?

[quote name='chaarlieee']Question:

I'm trying to buy a new PSP with my credit, but none of the stores have the firmware model I want (if you know how to figure out from reading the labels, I want any letter after n).

Both of the game crazy's I've been to only have L and I'm checking one tomorrow. If that gamecrazy doesn't have a psp with the fw I want, I'll probably just buy whatever PSP that they have.

My question is, can I just buy a PSP from any gamecrazy using my credit, then buy another PSP at Circuit City or Best Buy (with the firmware that I want), then return the gamecrazy psp back to the CC or BB?

That works, right?[/quote]

I would say maybe since I think the psps have serial numbers that match the serial numbers on the box and you are also taking back an item that has been used....good luck.

I just called my only local GC and you must buy a new game (sucks). But I am able to return them? Also, I wanted to get a DDR pad for the 360. They do not have any pads, but they have the bundle for $69.99. I am going to trade a copy of DDR from CC towards the bundle.

Thanks[/quote]

sigh...

[quote name='io']I don't get it, you bought Bionicles at CC for $17 + tax and got $18 for them at GC? Eh? I mean, I got a Bionicles from Walmart's online store for $11.70 shipped for my kids, but I didn't even think that was worth getting to trade in :lol:.

I wasn't able to make it out today, hopefully everything (this and the EB deal) holds tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Yeah Thought it would trade higher (bionicles), because i called earlier to Gamecrazy and they quoted me 16 without the 50% bump, guess it went down also since i was already there, doing all the other trades, figured it wasn't worth to take it back to CC.

[quote name='maxgle']Hi, I just arrive to this party late. Can anyone give me the link to the GameCrazy trade in value Wiki page?

thanks![/QUOTE]
The CAGWIKI link is at the top right of every page. Just follow the links to the trade-in page.

[quote name='maxgle']Hi, I just arrive to this party late. Can anyone give me the link to the GameCrazy trade in value Wiki page?

thanks![/quote]
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/

Finally got around to giving this deal a shot, even if I called it too much hassle a few days ago. I'm glad I did as I lucked out. Here's an update for Cleveland CAGs.

Same prices after the 50% bump as previously reported, confirmed on 6/27:

DOAX2: 37.50
DDRU: 30
VT3: 45

I say I lucked out because he didn't make me buy a game, pre-ordering one was fine. Took me awhile to decide though. I have $100 held up in a GameRush account and we know how spotty they can be with new releases. I wanted to make sure I save the biggest most popular games for GR so I have better chances of them actually carrying the titles I want!

I'm not sure how many Cleveland CAGs there are, but FYI this was at the GameCrazy at W 117th and Clifton in Cleveland. (The manager Chris told me over the phone that I needed to buy a new game off the shelf, but he wasn't there when I went. Either way, he was extremely knowledgable about the deal and sounded like a decent guy for a nice change of pace!)
The GC near downtown at Fulton and 34th(ish) claimed it was only 20% unless you had MVP.

[quote name='kevzik']I would say maybe since I think the psps have serial numbers that match the serial numbers on the box and you are also taking back an item that has been used....good luck.[/quote] I never said I'd be taking back a used item. Now if the serials have to match the original PSP when I try to return it, that's different and it wouldn't work.

But I'll repost it again if anyone can help me out:

That works, right?

(read about my problem here)

[quote name='chaarlieee']I never said I'd be taking back a used item. Now if the serials have to match the original PSP when I try to return it, that's different and it wouldn't work.

That works, right?

(read about my problem here)[/quote]
Any reason you are worried about the firmware version now that 3.5 is downgradeable (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142320)? Are there still issues you need to worry about (outside of finding a copy of Lumines)?

I've been contemplating picking one up myself, and the fact that the shipped firmware should be a non-issue is a definite bonus.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I never said I'd be taking back a used item. Now if the serials have to match the original PSP when I try to return it, that's different and it wouldn't work.

That works, right?

(read about my problem here)[/QUOTE]
You do know that you can downgrade any PSP , with any firmware with a copy of Lumines, right? SO don't worry about looking at serial number ^__^

Opps the dude beat me to it. Oh btw try playing MvsC on PSP to go (@' ')>

[quote name='nonggame']You do know that you can downgrade any PSP , with any firmware with a copy of Lumines, right? SO don't worry about looking at serial number ^__^[/quote] Yes, I know that. The firmware downgrader was released a day after I was interested.

I've been doing a ton of research the past few days. I know which methods I need to use.

Which is why I'm looking for a specific firmware at gamecrazy. Both of the gamecrazy's I went to only had L (2.81) firmware.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yes, I know that. The firmware downgrader was released a day after I was interested.

I've been doing a ton of research the past few days. I know which methods I need to use.

Which is why I'm looking for a specific firmware at gamecrazy. Both of the gamecrazy's I went to only had L (2.81) firmware.

My question is, can I just buy a PSP from any gamecrazy using my credit, then buy another PSP at Circuit City or Best Buy (with the firmware that I want), then return the gamecrazy psp back to the CC or BB?[/QUOTE]

ummm sir, sir get that damn 2.81 PSP. Next open the box, charge the batt. Now go to Sony website and download firmware update ( which is 3.50 ) to your memory stick ( there is instruction on the web on how to update your firmware using memory stick or if you have WIFI at your house, you can just set up your PSP so it make update firmware easier ) Now you will have a 3.50 PSP . Congrat !!!!

Opps I forgot to answer your question, ummm I don't think you can do that cause the receipt might have serial number on it.

[quote name='nonggame']ummm sir, sir get that damn 2.81 PSP. Next open the box, charge the batt. Now go to Sony website and download firmware update ( which is 3.50 ) to your memory stick ( there is instruction on the web on how to update your firmware using memory stick or if you have WIFI at your house, you can just set up your PSP so it make update firmware easier ) Now you will have a 3.50 PSP . Congrat !!!!

Opps I forgot to answer your question, ummm I don't think you can do that cause the receipt might have serial number on it.[/QUOTE]
I see. Thanks. I didn't know you could just upgrade the firmware like that.

bread's done
Back