GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

Went today to trade in some games to grab R6 for the PS3. All games are for the PS3:
Need for Speed Carbon: 40.91
Fight Night Round 3: 33.00
Ridge Racer 7: 30.00
Virtua Fighter 5: 18.00

Alas, they didn't have R6 for some reason. Took the credit and went home.

[quote name='icruise']Yeah, actually I feel the same way. I almost never went to my local Gamecrazy before this, but the guys there seem nice enough. I'll probably be going there more often even after I go through my credit.[/quote]
I take back what I said. The GC near me is a complete hellhole. :bomb: I accidentally bought PGR3 used because I forgot the racing wheel came with it (and remembered on the drive back home.) When I got home, I called and explained it, and he said I could come in today and work it out. So I come in, and a different employee says I can't return it. So he calls the guy who waited on me, and he denies ever talking to me on the phone or saying that. So I traded it back in to recoup some of my money (in retrospect, I should've just left and tarded it in elsewhere) and left. I'm going to call the store manager tomorrow (it's not that they wouldn't take it back, it's that the guy was a fucking liar) and explain it all to him, then tell him why he's not going to be receiving any of the $150 I have in credit. I'll still go to other GCs, but fuck that one.

Okay, so, coming back form my Gamecrazy, they said this:

"We have merged with Hollywood video, so I'm not sure if we can honor this deal".

The guy said if he had a coupon code he could try it, but it probably still wouldn't work.

Now, if I were to go back and bring the coupon code with me, what would I do with it? Just give it to him and let him enter it into the system? Then that would allow him to verify whether the deal can go down?

I'm kind of dissapointed, but I'm gonna give it another try a little later.

Oh, and prices BEFORE the 50% bump (No MVP):

Gunpey: $9
Just Cause: $23
DOAx2: $25
Loco Roco: $16
Bust A Move Deluxe: $15

[quote name='Damanthia']Scorch, what about when the credit is transferred to a gift card? The first store I put my credit on a gift card, they said it was exactly the same as store credit (making me think it wouldn't be taxed.) The second store said it might be taxed when I spend it. When store credit is transferred to a gift card and used for a purchase, will that purchase be taxed?

(For reference, when using store credit at EB/GS and having it stored on a card, there is no tax.)[/quote]
As far as I know, it is taxed from a giftcard because the POS treats giftcards like cash.

GameCrazy didn't drop the prices, it's the same stock quantity trade in credit that i've told you guys about eighteen thousand times. The more copies of a particular title they have, the less the credit. My store gives $14 for Lost Planet. Another store 20 miles away gives $30, because they don't have any used copies of Lost Planet.

Okay, so, coming back form my Gamecrazy, they said this:

"We have merged with Hollywood video, so I'm not sure if we can honor this deal".

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What an idiot. There's nothing to "merge" with. GameCrazy and Hollywood Video has always stood together side by side.. good lord, you bought this excuse? It's not like they built the store inside Hollywood Video to compete! It's because they're both under the same corporate umbrella (Hollywood Video and GameCrazy are owned by Movie Gallery). I hope the guy was just messing around with you and didn't believe what he was saying.

The deal can go down, there's nothing blocking it, blahblahblah, don't know how many times I have to say that anyone giving you an excuse is just taking you for a ride.

[quote name='Scorch']

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What an idiot. There's nothing to "merge" with. GameCrazy and Hollywood Video has always stood together side by side.. good lord, you bought this excuse? It's not like they built the store inside Hollywood Video to compete! It's because they're both under the same corporate umbrella (Hollywood Video and GameCrazy are owned by Movie Gallery). I hope the guy was just messing around with you and didn't believe what he was saying.

The deal can go down, there's nothing blocking it, blahblahblah, don't know how many times I have to say that anyone giving you an excuse is just taking you for a ride.[/QUOTE]

Well, Geez.

He certainly didn't seem like he was gonna try to accept the deal. Tro be honest I didn't buy it but I wasn't gonna try to force anything down his throat.

I'm going to go back, but what exactly am I supposed to do with the coupon code you gave in the OP.

Thanks, though. =\

And now, with a call the guy says that it's going to become a "Hollywood Games".

I traded in some games (something I almost never do. 1st time was a week or two ago also at GAmeCrazy.)

After 50%+ credit:

Zelda:TP $38
Excite Truck $34
WarioWare $34
MarioParty 8 $42
Clubhouse games $18

He checked his corporate memo and there was no mention of a need to buy a new game.

They do take games without cases and manuals and you don't get any less credit. I asked. I then wanted to take one of my cases away for use with WiiSports, but he frowned on that and it would have been in bad taste anyway.

It is nice you don't get taxed buying used games with credit. I picked up Yoshi's Island DS for my son.

I have over $200 in credit. I might eventually grab a 360. If you use all credit do you get taxed on purchases of brand new merchandise?

[quote name='Gotran']Okay, so, coming back form my Gamecrazy, they said this:

The guy said if he had a coupon code he could try it, but it probably still wouldn't work.

Now, if I were to go back and bring the coupon code with me, what would I do with it? Just give it to him and let him enter it into the system? Then that would allow him to verify whether the deal can go down?

I'm kind of dissapointed, but I'm gonna give it another try a little later.

Oh, and prices BEFORE the 50% bump (No MVP):

Gunpey: $9
Just Cause: $23
DOAx2: $25
Loco Roco: $16
Bust A Move Deluxe: $15[/QUOTE]

might been a new person. or they just didnt want to deal with it... When i took my 2nd batch they dude first said

Xbox 360 games only got 50% ... I had to buy a MVP card to get 50% on DS and PSP games. I told them i got it yesterday and call the other store. HE then just remembers then i dont need a MVP card

I called another Gamecrazy in my area, and he said the same thing. That they're going to become a Hollywood Games and would no longer be called Gamecrazy.

Wtf.

Hmmm. Interesting about the "Hollywood Games" thing. So is that the whole chain that's doing this? Is it really just a name change?

didnt hollywood video merge with another video store. Maybe they are going to do away with some of the gamecrazy

would really suck if they did

I got a big problem here.

I traded in six games earlier today at one gamecrazy and had no problems at all. They didn't ask me to buy any games or anything. Got $200 for six games.

My girl goes to another gamecrazy and trades in 2 doax2's. They are $37.50 credit, but they sucker her into getting an mvp membership, saying that it's free. She said ok, but on her receipt it shows that they took off $20 from her store credit, so she left with $55 store credit instead of $75 like it should been.

I went in the store when she was finishing her transaction. When she was talking out, I heard some guy talking about doax2 saying that it's $37.50 tradein value. So I'm thinking, why did my girl only get $55?

I talk to the 2 dumbasses at the register and continually tell me that it was a free membership. I tell them that your math doesn't add up. They then tell me that my girl was required to buy an mvp membership to get the 50% extra trade in value.

Is that just a load of shit or are they serious? They tell me that it was free, but then proceed to take $20 off her store credit for the mvp membership.

Also, do employees get commission for mvp member they sign up?

I have no idea what this "Hollywood Games" crap is. I'll post about it if/when I can confirm it or deny it. I think it's just an employee or two talking out of their ass though.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I got a big problem here.

I traded in four games earlier today at one gamecrazy and had no problems at all. They didn't ask me to buy any games or anything. Got $200 for four games.

My girl goes to another gamecrazy and trades in 2 doax2's. They are $37.50 credit, but they sucker her into getting an mvp membership, saying that it's free. She said ok, but on her receipt it shows that they took off $20 from her store credit, so she left with $55 store credit instead of $75 like it should been.

I went in the store when she was finishing her transaction. When she was talking out, I heard some guy talking about doax2 saying that it's $37.50 tradein value. So I'm thinking, why did my girl only get $55?

I talk to the 2 dumbasses at the register and continually tell me that it was a free membership. I tell them that your math doesn't add up. They then tell me that my girl was required to buy an mvp membership to get the 50% extra trade in value.

Is that just a load of shit or are they serious? They tell me that it was free, but then proceed to take $20 off her store credit for the mvp membership.

Also, do employees get commission for mvp member they sign up?[/QUOTE]

dude tried to pull this same #$#$# on my yesterday. ITs probally the worker isnt selling enough MVP cards and is about to get canned. I wonder how many suckers they get who think they have to buy the MVP card.

also they are now trying to say the MVP will stack with the 50% off code (Though it dont and im sure they will act stupid when it doesnt work) BUT you will be stuck with the card

[quote name='chaarlieee']
[/B]Is that just a load of shit or are they serious? They tell me that it was free, but then proceed to take $20 off her store credit for the mvp membership.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me one time at Gamestop. Made a transaction and had $15 store credit left over. Guy told me I could get an Edge Card for free, so I get it. Afterwards I'm like, "Do I get a gift card or something for the $15 credit I had left over?" And he just gets this dumbfounded look on his face. Tried to get it refunded but they said I had to talk to a regional manager or something. It ended up paying for itself when I saved a bunch of money on B2G1 used games but still. If you have the time, I suggest you fight it. Maybe you'll get to keep the MVP and still get your money back.

Ok, I called the store and talked to the manager for 5-10 minutes. I got everyones names and I can identify all of them.

I told him it was illegal to sell items as free, he said he knows and that he told the employee who suckered my girl that he needs to stop telling people it's free. I ask him why he couldn't just say anything in the first place, he said he was busy (what a fucking idiot).

He says he will take off the membership when we come back in and give her the original $75 in store credit that she should have received. We will then do the ORIGINAL promo and buy a new game because we traded in 2 games. I asked him if there's anything we could get for all the trouble and he said he'll give us 12 free rentals.

The GC next to my house has always been run by fucking idiots. Actually, nearly every GC I've been to is run by fucking idiots.

Now slidecage, you're telling me that she'll be stuck with the membership? Are you sure? Because the manager said he could just take her membership off and give her the credit back. If I go back tomorrow and there's any more bullshit, I better get 50% off something and not just 12 free rentals.

If they can't take off the membership tomorrow, I'll just make my case and just keep the mvp membership and get the store credit back like rufio2004nfg said, and get the 12 free rentals.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Ok, I called the store and talked to the manager who I saw in there for 5-10 minutes.

I told him it was illegal to sell items as free, he said he knows and that he told the employee who suckered my girl that he needs to stop telling people it's free. I ask him why he couldn't just say anything in the first place, he said he was busy (what a fucking idiot).

He says he will take off the membership when we come back in and give her the original $75 in store credit that she should have received. I asked him if there's anything we could get for all the trouble and he said he'll give us 12 free rentals.

The GC next to my house has always been run by fucking idiots. Actually, nearly every GC I've been to is run by fucking idiots.

Now slidecage, you're telling me that she'll be stuck with the membership? Are you sure? Because the manager said he could just take her membership off and give her the credit back. If I go back tomorrow and there's any more bullshit, I better get 50% off something and not just 12 free rentals.[/QUOTE]

I know before if they sucker you into buying the card there was nothing they could do...

Big thanks to Scorch for this deal!!!

I didn't get as much as I intended for each game (-$17), because of the employees interpretation of the deal. I didn't want to make a fuss because the people working were really nice and helpful. I was happy to get as much as I did.

TRADED IN:

-King of Fighters 2006 (PS2): $13.20 (w/ MVP, no 50% bonus)
-Mario and Luigi: PNT (DS): $14.00 (w/ MVP, no 50% bonus)
-Mega Man ZX (DS): $14.00 (w/ MVP, no 50% bonus)
-Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360): $30.00 (w/ 50% bonus)
-Lost Planet (Xbox 360): $45.00 (w/ 50% bonus)
-Ghost Recon: AW (Xbox 360): $11.00
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360): $22.00

TOTAL CREDIT: $149.20

PURCHASED:

-The Darkness (PS3)
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)----$44.50 towards pre-order
-Blue Dragon (Xbox 360)----$50 towards pre-order

[quote name='Bravelionheart']I take back what I said. The GC near me is a complete hellhole. :bomb: I accidentally bought PGR3 used because I forgot the racing wheel came with it (and remembered on the drive back home.) When I got home, I called and explained it, and he said I could come in today and work it out. So I come in, and a different employee says I can't return it. So he calls the guy who waited on me, and he denies ever talking to me on the phone or saying that. So I traded it back in to recoup some of my money (in retrospect, I should've just left and tarded it in elsewhere) and left. I'm going to call the store manager tomorrow (it's not that they wouldn't take it back, it's that the guy was a fucking liar) and explain it all to him, then tell him why he's not going to be receiving any of the $150 I have in credit. I'll still go to other GCs, but fuck that one.[/quote]

It says explicitely that they won't take any returns on used merchandise. Sorry, thems the breaks.

You have to go in there with a clear head if you expect any leeway.

My third trip, different store in Fremont, CA. Guy was cool, didn't need to buy a game or anything. Put the credit on a GC, lost the 54 cents since they only can put in whole dollars (confirmed/occured at my previous visits to 2 other stores).

store #3: before/after +50% bonus (value vs. wiki/personal experience):

Armored Core:FF $14/$21 (no change)
Pokemon Pearl $16.35?/$24.54 (decrease)
Pokemon Diamond $16.35?/$24.54 (decrease)
Gunpey DS (x2) $20/$30 (no change)
True Swing Golf DS $7.50/$10.50 (no change)

Total on GC #2 - $134

The numbers for the Pokemon titles are odd. The closest I can figure pre-bonus is $16.35 which nets $24.53 post bonus. The important note here is that the trade in value went down a bit compared to the wiki ($18 pre-bonus).

It was a painless transaction in comparison to my previous visits:

store #1: made me by MVP card, no game requirement (last Weds @ Santa Clara, CA)
store #2: made me buy a game or preorder deposit (put $5.50 on GoW, Sun @ Saratoga, CA)

[quote name='derder']It says explicitely that they won't take any returns on used merchandise. Sorry, thems the breaks.
[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. EB/GS has a 7 day return policy. So I'll be extra picky if I grab a used title from GC.

[quote name='bob330i']My third trip, different store in Fremont, CA. Guy was cool, didn't need to buy a game or anything. Put the credit on a GC, lost the 54 cents since they only can put in whole dollars (confirmed/occured at my previous visits to 2 other stores).

Total on GC #2 - $134

The numbers for the Pokemon titles are odd. The closest I can figure pre-bonus is $16.35 which nets $24.53 post bonus. The important note here is that the trade in value went down a bit compared to the wiki ($18 pre-bonus).

store #1: made me by MVP card, no game requirement (last Weds @ Santa Clara, CA)
store #2: made me buy a game or preorder deposit (put $5.50 on GoW, Sun @ Saratoga, CA)[/QUOTE]

I was at the Santa Clara store twice last week with a couple of different trades. They initially pushed the MVP but I was able to get them to drop the subject and take the trades. No game purchase required on either visit but the first one I did pick up Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

I was able to mount up more than $300 in credit and plopped down pre-orders for Rock Band and Guitar Hero III.

Thanks OP since these trades are netting me close to or more than I originally paid for the games.

penasquitos? im assumig that was you there, i shouldve asked if you were from cag when you said you left some doax2's at cc. anyway, they tried to make me buy an mvp to get the extra 50% oh well, i spent $36 and got the dakness and $10 in credit.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Ok, I called the store and talked to the manager for 5-10 minutes. I got everyones names and I can identify all of them.

He says he will take off the membership when we come back in and give her the original $75 in store credit that she should have received. We will then do the ORIGINAL promo and buy a new game because we traded in 2 games. I asked him if there's anything we could get for all the trouble and he said he'll give us 12 free rentals.

Now slidecage, you're telling me that she'll be stuck with the membership? Are you sure? Because the manager said he could just take her membership off and give her the credit back. If I go back tomorrow and there's any more bullshit, I better get 50% off something and not just 12 free rentals.

If they can't take off the membership tomorrow, I'll just make my case and just keep the mvp membership and get the store credit back like rufio2004nfg said, and get the 12 free rentals.[/QUOTE]

So, I purchased RE4 and Mario Party 8 with all my trades. But, I am not actually happy with either purchase. I have not opened either game.

Can I still go back and return either or both games for store credit back?

These are two of the games that I bought with the 2 for 1.

That can be $80 credit I can use for something else...

[quote name='paz9x']penasquitos? im assumig that was you there, i shouldve asked if you were from cag when you said you left some doax2's at cc. anyway, they tried to make me buy an mvp to get the extra 50% oh well, i spent $36 and got the dakness and $10 in credit.[/quote] That was me.

I guess that was you I talked to outside the store? I didn't mention CAG, but we were talking about the CC deals and trading them in.

Yeah, I left copies of games at the carmel mtn CC. I also hit up the kearny CC and got more games there. There weren't any VT3's, but there I remember seeing Eragon. I got the two DOAX2's that were left.

But my girl got jacked. I called the manager and we're going back tomorrow to clear everything up.

[quote name='asianxcore']
-Lost Planet (Xbox 360): $45.00 (w/ 50% bonus)
[/QUOTE]

Was your Lost Planet the Collector's Edition? Just curious since I only got $27 for it AFTER the 50 percent bonus.

I'm planning on hitting up CC then GC after work, if I'm able to score some of the sale games at CC, should I remove the plastic wrap before trading them in?

[quote name='bob330i']My third trip, different store in Fremont, CA. Guy was cool, didn't need to buy a game or anything. Put the credit on a GC, lost the 54 cents since they only can put in whole dollars (confirmed/occured at my previous visits to 2 other stores).

Total on GC #2 - $134

store #2: made me buy a game or preorder deposit (put $5.50 on GoW, Sun @ Saratoga, CA)[/quote]

Geez the trade in value is high on the pokemon games. With the B2G1 on E rated games you could get your third game for close to free if you trade the pokemon games back in. Diamond and pearl sell for around 26.00 used if I recall

I am done with this deal, cashed myself out, got two copies of monster hunter freedom brand new ( to resell, turn credit into even more cash) and an MVP. (got it for $15 because I had one a long time ago, and I wanted the EGM subscription for basically free) Got Point Blank DS, Big Brain, and Meteos on the B2G1 (plus MVP discount) and Valkyrie Profile 2. I'm guessing I spent less than $30 on that whole mess, and I'll make nearly $100 on the monster hunters. That's not even including getting SimCity DS and RE4 Wii earlier.

Had minor hiccups at my two attempts today. Traded in DoAXV and Arcade Unplugged at one store, got Command and Conquer 3 and had $5 left over.. guy swore he couldn't put it on a gift card. Guess I gotta go back to that store sometime..

Next store the guy tried to tell me the MVP card was required to get the deal. I was going to go along with it because I've been thinking about getting it anyway, but when he added up the trade values of Bust a Move (which I only got $14 for.. crap, I just looked closer at the receipt and somehow it didn't give me the bonus for the game.. did the moron screw up?) and another Arcade Unplugged he realized I wouldn't have enough credit for it and he dropped the issue.

For anyone who cares, the first store was the GC in Selden, NY and the second was the Lake Ronkonkoma, NY store. Do they track what you trade in? As in, can I go back in a day or two and trade in another DoAXV to the Selden store along with something else so I can use my credit for something? Any info is appreciated.

My gamecrazy is run by fucking idiots. I went in to get the darkness for the 360 and I had two games to trade in, but shithead apparently didn't know there was a deal going on or something.

So anyway I traded in
Sonic and the Secret Rings $22
Dead Rising $13.74

Now the thing is I had my MVP card out just incase he didn't know about the deal. Yeah so he didn't take it so I was thinking ok. So then he says I got $35 in credit which I know is low but I didn't want to argue with him because I had to get these games off me and this would of been the best place. Atleast the darkness was worth it, but I am still fucking pissed I got $13.74 for Dead Rising.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']but I am still fucking pissed I got $13.74 for Dead Rising.[/quote]

..then why did you trade it in?

[quote name='awp']Was your Lost Planet the Collector's Edition? Just curious since I only got $27 for it AFTER the 50 percent bonus.[/QUOTE]

my copy was the regular edition of the game. as Scorch and many others have said, the value of the games depends on your store's stock of it.

some CAG members here got $45 for CoD3 after bonus, I only got $30.

[quote name='Scorch']..then why did you trade it in?[/quote]Because I wanted to get rid of it and I thought I would get a lot more. I didn't want to deal with e-bay or anything so I decided to take it.

[quote name='Gara']Geez the trade in value is high on the pokemon games. With the B2G1 on E rated games you could get your third game for close to free if you trade the pokemon games back in. Diamond and pearl sell for around 26.00 used if I recall[/QUOTE]

i highly doubt they would allow you to rebuy your own games and by the time they put them out someone could already got them

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Because I wanted to get rid of it and I thought I would get a lot more. I didn't want to deal with e-bay or anything so I decided to take it.[/QUOTE]
if you decided to take it then dont complain. if you traded two games in that qualify for the bonus, take your receipt back in and get it straightened out.
if yoru eunder 18 have your mom/dad go in there and have them fix it as any business transaction with a minor is unlawful.

[quote name='awp']My thing wasn't really about cashing in on the CC deals, but to transfer credit from Blockbuster and these were two titles that were originally a straight exchange of credit $45 to purchase at BB then get $45 at GC because BB has sucked lately at getting in games and I was worried about future games. Unfortunately, I got burnt this time in the credit exchange.[/quote] This is exactly why I called GC for trade-in values 15 minutes before I bought games at BBV/GR. I even called GC while I was inside BBV/GR. I was ready to transfer GR credit using Lost Planet, NFS Carbon, and Gears of War (regular ed.) - these were my "break even" games. Luckily, I called GC before I bought them at GR because they had all quickly dropped in value. After a quick change of plans, I ended up breaking even with COD3 and MUA and gaining credit with Arcade Unplugged (see previous post).

I found it extremely important to call the day of trade-in to avoid any surprises with value changes. The wiki is very helpful, but as Scorch said, because store stocks of games are different, I used the wiki more as an estimate rather than an exact trade-in value guide. A few phone calls saved me from losing any BBV/GR credit. Now I have about $15 credit left at BBV/GR, which I plan to use for last-minute rentals.

[quote name='slidecage']i highly doubt they would allow you to rebuy your own games and by the time they put them out someone could already got them[/quote]

Well, I'm going to try it with games already in stock. If I recall my store had a diamond and pearl used for sale, optimal conditions would be if they have 3 pokemon games for sale. As for doing it with your own copies it could be done. Almost all of my purchases are done on things that are behind the counter. The games waiting to be labeled and put on the shelf.

went to cc and bought just cause, vt3, doax2, and ddru.
also went to gamestop and got the arcade with credit i had left over from the previous trade-in deal. i also took my personal copy of burnout revenge and jade empire since i haven't touched them in months.

here's what i got:
vt3 - $45
doax2 - $37.50
burnout rev - $18
arcade - $27.27
just cause - $34.10
ddru - $30
jade empire - $5 (bought it for $2)

spent around $70 from cc, and got $191 in credit, they did make me buy a new game, tho one GC let me get a used one, so in total i walked out with a new ds lite, big brain academy(DS), phoenix wright: justice for all (DS), and bomberman (PSP).

btw, its my post post! been getting a lot of great deals from here, but have never posted before, but i wanted to share my happy news :D

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Do you unwrap these games before you take them in to get the trade credit?[/quote]

I leave them wrapped in the car with the receipt and check to make sure they give me enough, then I go open the game in the car.

[quote name='derder']I leave them wrapped in the car with the receipt and check to make sure they give me enough, then I go open the game in the car.[/quote]

did the exact same thing. i was in a rush to unwrap em, and i accidently i scuffed the just cause and ddru cases

[quote name='Ricochet']Went today to trade in some games to grab R6 for the PS3. All games are for the PS3:
Need for Speed Carbon: 40.91
Fight Night Round 3: 33.00
Ridge Racer 7: 30.00
Virtua Fighter 5: 18.00

Alas, they didn't have R6 for some reason. Took the credit and went home.[/QUOTE]
Are these base trade-in values, with MVP, or with the extra 50%? They seem to low for the with 50% option, but I just can't tell. I'm trying to update the wiki...

if i want to trade in two pairs of games(4 individual games) becuase you have to trade in 2 at a time to get 50% how would i go about doing it, just bring up all 4 at once or trade in two and then trade in the other two?? Thanks in advance

I traded in a few games today and got about $250+ credit... I came home with the Darkness on PS3, 2x Tekken Collectors Edition which means I have 3 sticks now. And I also got Frequency for PS2!

[quote name='chaarlieee']
[/B]Is that just a load of shit or are they serious? They tell me that it was free, but then proceed to take $20 off her store credit for the mvp membership.
[/QUOTE]

I think the "logic" here is that since she got an extra $25 from the DOAX2 trades due to the promo, that the MVP is "free" as a result. Yes, that's a very twisted way of thinking about it, but I've seen them sell things that way to people before. It makes more sense when with the MVP they could make back most of the membership cost. But since MVP doesn't stack with this deal it doesn't make sense in this case.

However, they could just as easily have made MVP membership a requirement for the deal and I wouldn't have a problem with that (as long as that was written in the deal fine print). If it really was a requirement then she'd be getting the MVP "free" since she wouldn't be able to get the extra $25 credit without it., But it isn't required for this deal, so I'd be pissed if I were you too ;).

I did have one guy say it was required and they thought mine was expired but once they realized it wasn't it was good. None of the other 4 or 5 people I've dealt with mentioned it though.

Did anybody ever get a price for Avatar? Now that it looks like EB might be excluding that and Meet The Robinsons, I may trade mine in to Gamecrazy instead. MtR should get $24 which makes it equivalent to the EB deal (where it would have gotten $25 as part of the trade 2 get a Wii game for free deal). If Avatar is anything less than that I may just return that and trade in MtR if I can find something else to pair it with. I was thinking of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 since I may be able to get that at my local Blockbuster. But we've gotten some wild pricing here recently. I really can't make heads or tails of some of the prices you people have posted. Someone said Loco Roco was $16 BEFORE MVP? I entered a price around $7.50 that someone posted yesterday. I suppose the lower price could have been because of too much stock at that store, but $16 seems too high for it too...

bread's done
Back