Gamecrazy Grand Theft Auto 4 SE $24.99 (PS3 and Xbox 360) NEW

amill007

Banned
PS3 VERSION IS YMMV. XBOX 360 VERSION IS WORLDWIDE! Sorry guys! Guess my Gamecrazy is just cooler than most : )

I'm pretty sure that this is not only my store also. I asked the guy and he said that there had been quite a few price drops today ( Aug 4 ), GTA4 being one of them.

This is a fantastic deal, considering the fact that a used regular edition copy still runs about 22 bucks.

EDIT : Just in case you were wondering, it comes in what I would describe as a "Hot dog shaped box". It includes the game, the soundtrack, a key chain, an artwork book, and a bag (or a shirt? I don't want to unwrap the whole thing. I'm keeping it for collectors purpose). All in a metal-ish "safe", complete with key.

EDIT 2 : Xbox 360 version has been confirmed at multiple Gamecrazy stores. Thanks for the pictures, hothitter! (Scroll down to see)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pootie Thang']I'm going to go first thing in the morning and check[/QUOTE]

I recommend that you look at ALL of the shelves. My Gamecrazy tends to keep the awkwardly shaped SE's of games in awkwardly placed areas. I happened to walk in when he was placing the stickers, so I was lucky to even see it.

This is why I didn't go for EB/GS's "The Deal." I knew that after missing out a while ago on Target's clearancing of this for $22.xx, that I would either wait for the SE is go low again or get the normal edition especially cheap. Gonna see if I can pick this up tomorrow, thanks OP :)

This is great for those who were willing to wait for the drop. It's still the only way to get some of the excellent music on CD. The bag is half decent too.

Confirmed and Scored. Got a call from a friend earlier and picked up instore before closing.

gtase1.jpg
gtase2.jpg

[quote name='Fatbot3']This is great for those who were willing to wait for the drop. It's still the only way to get some of the excellent music on CD. The bag is half decent too.[/QUOTE]

I got a lot off Amazon too, they actually have (maybe had) a site dedicated to the radio stations. Worth taking a look if you want.

I've been getting so many games on clearance and shit lately (FEAR 2 @ gamestop, BLAZBLUE at BestBuy, DeadSpace at GameCrazy, Stranglehold at Kmart, Left 4 Dead at Target), but this is one, of two(BlazBlue/GTA4 SE), that I truly wanted to find on the cheap.

Drats, nearest Gamecrazy....well it's pretty far from me! Anyone know if they sell these at Hollywood Videos and if so, would their prices be the same as at Gamecrazy?

[quote name='akalboy']Drats, nearest Gamecrazy....well it's pretty far from me! Anyone know if they sell these at Hollywood Videos and if so, would their prices be the same as at Gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they only received a few at launch and are out by now...
Sorry brah

I just called my local GameCrazy (McKee in San Jose, CA), and they had the PS3 versions but the register doesn't ring up as $24.99 yet. Can anyone confirm that PS3 version is also on sale....unless I can confirm it first.

Crap... I saw one somewhere... but I can't remember where or even if it was a GameCrazy. It might have been Gamestop. Too bad I've moving out of my apartment and won't be able to check until late tomorrow.

[quote name='krazyazn01']I just called my local GameCrazy (McKee in San Jose, CA), and they had the PS3 versions but the register doesn't ring up as $24.99 yet. Can anyone confirm that PS3 version is also on sale....unless I can confirm it first.[/QUOTE]

I was told the PS3 didnt price drop, only the x360.

I'm 100% sure that both were $24.99 (because I couldn't decide which system I wanted it for), but it is very possible that my local store manager got trigger happy with the price changes.

I've got to go to Hollywood Video today anyway and return some movies, so I'll check and if they still have it I'll try to snag some pics.

I already own the game and I'm considering this... and I know my local GameCrazy has a few of these on the shelf too

I'm actually looking to trade my ps3 version of GTA 4 for a 360 version. So if some one wants to pick up the 360 version and trade for my ps3 one, I'm game. But I only have the regular version of the game, not the SE version. Just shoot me a PM.

Scored the only copy they had! :D Huge thanks to the OP! :applause:

It was interesting though. The cashier scans it and goes "Oh, that's funny.." and I asked what was funny and he just replies "Hold on a sec..". He then put my info into the system since I've never shopped there before and then goes "Okay, 69.99". I told him that it is supposed to be on clearance, so he calls "Tech support". Waited on hold for 15 minutes, and then I heard him say "It shows up in my system as 24.99 but ps3 version is still 69.99". That a-hole tried to charge me the full 70bucks even when it rang up 24.99!! :bomb: In the end though the Gamecrazy tech support told him that it was indeed 24.99 and I was 26.81 out the door. :cool:

The cashier at the one by my house said they both are 25.
I picked up an Xbox 360 one, and he told me he already picked up his PS3 one.

I live in Livonia, MI, but picked it up in Lincoln Park, MI(still one copy left)

So whats the deal. ps3 or 360 only? i have a ps3 and I went to my game crazy located in glenside ,va and she said it was 59.99. :( i even asked her to ring it up to make sure it was right. it was... I really wanted this game. Any way I can prove to her its 24.99?

I went to Game Crazy and it was NOT on sale.

Nor was Dead Space.

Come to think of it, my nearest 2-3 Game Crazies rarely match these "Game Crazy sale" threads. What is up with that?

I called 3 local gamecrazys. 1 of them said it price dropped to $40. Another said it was still $60 and finally the third one had it for $25 with only 2 copies left. Just picked it up! What a great find. For Any socal CAGers out there the one in Rosemead still has 1 left!

[quote name='j4y_7']Also picked one up for the 360.

I'm 22, but can pass for a highschooler... I wasn't asked for ID.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here bro!

[quote name='CheapAssAsian']I called 3 local gamecrazys. 1 of them said it price dropped to $40. Another said it was still $60 and finally the third one had it for $25 with only 2 copies left. Just picked it up! What a great find. For Any socal CAGers out there the one in Rosemead still has 1 left![/QUOTE]

360 or ps3?

Wow whats up with the price difference between 360 games and ps3 games... Bj's has COD:WAW for 360 for $22 on sale...For ps3 it doesn't have it..This is with alot of retailers I've noticed.

[quote name='CheapAssAsian']I called 3 local gamecrazys. 1 of them said it price dropped to $40. Another said it was still $60 and finally the third one had it for $25 with only 2 copies left. Just picked it up! What a great find. For Any socal CAGers out there the one in Rosemead still has 1 left![/QUOTE]

The first 2 probably didn't scan it or look it up in the computer, just recited the price they remembered.

Picked up a copy, traded my original that I got at the HV sale in for $6.

Safe deposit box is mine!

Thanks, amill007

Here's a thought, both console's se come with the same stuff right? I could buy the 360 version and find a store or some place to trade me gta 4 unopened for the ps3 version. Think this is possible?

To get it price matched i think you would have to find an ad or something showing its price. I don't think stores call other stores. Might be wrong.

Snagged one at the Layton Utah Gamecrazy. They were still marked $60 and had no clue about the price drop. There is one 360 version left if anyone wants it as of today.

[quote name='Arthur93']Any chance of getting a local Gamestop that has a copy to price match?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, Gamestop doesn't pricematch.

Hell, what company needs to when they make a billion + a year...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']To my knowledge, Gamestop doesn't pricematch.

Hell, what company needs to when they make a billion + a year...[/QUOTE]

lets say i wear to pricematch at walmart. How would i prove to walmart that its 25$ is there an ad?

bread's done
Back