Gamecrazy Grand Theft Auto 4 SE $24.99 (PS3 and Xbox 360) NEW

amill007

Banned
PS3 VERSION IS YMMV. XBOX 360 VERSION IS WORLDWIDE! Sorry guys! Guess my Gamecrazy is just cooler than most : )

I'm pretty sure that this is not only my store also. I asked the guy and he said that there had been quite a few price drops today ( Aug 4 ), GTA4 being one of them.

This is a fantastic deal, considering the fact that a used regular edition copy still runs about 22 bucks.

EDIT : Just in case you were wondering, it comes in what I would describe as a "Hot dog shaped box". It includes the game, the soundtrack, a key chain, an artwork book, and a bag (or a shirt? I don't want to unwrap the whole thing. I'm keeping it for collectors purpose). All in a metal-ish "safe", complete with key.

EDIT 2 : Xbox 360 version has been confirmed at multiple Gamecrazy stores. Thanks for the pictures, hothitter! (Scroll down to see)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allure']lets say i wear to pricematch at walmart. How would i prove to walmart that its 25$ is there an ad?[/QUOTE]

Well, getting Walmart, BB, or any other similar store that carries this that pricematches, is going to be EXTREMELY YMMV.

This is an item being clearanced, there is no reference of its new price in any ad (that I can see online or from anyone posting)...so the only evidence you would have is having a store to call a local Game Crazy and verify the price.

In all honesty though, I'd say there is very little chance of getting a PM on this.

Found one at the Gamecrazy in Everett, WA. They should have 2 more left from what they told me when I called.

Originally I bought this for the PS3, but I didn't care for it because of the long ass missions that if you fail you have to restart and the annoying dating and friend sidequests. No, Roman, I do not want to take you bowling, again.

After beating Chinatown Wars I was in the mood to give GTA4 another spin this time ignoring the annoying side quests and focusing on the main story.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='omyard']Found one at the Gamecrazy in Everett, WA. They should have 2 more left from what they told me when I called.

Originally I bought this for the PS3, but I didn't care for it because of the long ass missions that if you fail you have to restart and the annoying dating and friend sidequests. No, Roman, I do not want to take you bowling, again.

After beating Chinatown Wars I was in the mood to give GTA4 another spin this time ignoring the annoying side quests and focusing on the main story.

I was going to buy it at Gamestop last week for $20 used, but procrastinated too long.[/QUOTE]

Cool Story, Bro

again..

the PS3 version may have dropped to $24.99 on Tuesday, but it wasn't on the printout. As of Wednesday, despite what it's marked, it scans at $59.99. If it goes back down, I will tell you, but don't expect to get in on this deal for PS3.

I went to my local gamecrazy and they had the ps3 one marked at 24.99.. it of course rang up at 59.99.

The manager refused to help with this so I called corporate and they told him to give it to me for 24.99 so I got it for that. I know it wasn't their fault, but if they hadn't had it sitting in the case with a 24.99 banner on it then I wouldn't have bothered. Their bad

[quote name='dmdragon']I went to my local gamecrazy and they had the ps3 one marked at 24.99.. it of course rang up at 59.99.

The manager refused to help with this so I called corporate and they told him to give it to me for 24.99 so I got it for that. I know it wasn't their fault, but if they hadn't had it sitting in the case with a 24.99 banner on it then I wouldn't have bothered. Their bad[/QUOTE]

Hahah, I would have paid to watch that unfold. Don't be surprised if the manager blacklisted you ;)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hahah, I would have paid to watch that unfold. Don't be surprised if the manager blacklisted you ;)[/QUOTE]

They don't have my information. I told them I didn't want to sign up for any of their stuff. Funny enough though, the manager was nowhere to be found when I went back in.

Besides, this is the first time I have ever been to a gamecrazy, and probably the last as it's not really that close to where I live

I knew it was YMMV and had they not had it priced that way I wouldn't have even bothered. I'm sure there is a good lesson in this for them. Like "Don't let a blind person price your merchandise"

[quote name='dmdragon']They don't have my information. I told them I didn't want to sign up for any of their stuff. Funny enough though, the manager was nowhere to be found when I went back in.

Besides, this is the first time I have ever been to a gamecrazy, and probably the last as it's not really that close to where I live

I knew it was YMMV and had they not had it priced that way I wouldn't have even bothered. I'm sure there is a good lesson in this for them. Like "Don't let a blind person price your merchandise"[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Typically, if something is priced wrong, they give me the price that is marked and not the one that is in the computer. I figured that was policy as long as you didn't run around switching the stickers up.
I'm pretty sure that they mispriced "Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 used" for like...$16.99, when that is the price for the used game without the guncon.
But hey, I could have been wrong, because I got both for $17.

[quote name='amill007']I figured that was policy as long as you didn't run around switching the stickers up.
I'm pretty sure that they mispriced "Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 used" for like...$16.99, when that is the price for the used game without the guncon.
But hey, I could have been wrong, because I got both for $17.[/QUOTE]

There's no policy on misprices.

GC doesn't take back Guncon 3 by itself. TC4 would be that price used regardless of if it came with the Guncon or not. I had to defect one out, though, because one of the employees took it back without the guncon. I smacked him in the back of the head, though, so all was well.

Thanks op, picked up the last one at my local GC.

Guy also mentioned that this coming Monday, they will be doing a B1G1 free on used games for MVP members. Also, the MVP card is only $10 now. Something to look forward to.

went to pick up a special order and i saw one sitting behind the counter
cool deal but i think im missing a key chain?

[quote name='freakalator']Any1 know if this is still going on?[/QUOTE]

If you mean the $25 SE of GTA IV....yes it is still going on. I would call before going to see if they have any to save a trip if they don't have it, but if you are going to pass on by. Then just go in and ask if they have it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']If you mean the $25 SE of GTA IV....yes it is still going on. I would call before going to see if they have any to save a trip if they don't have it, but if you are going to pass on by. Then just go in and ask if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy, I went 2day but didn't have the cash at the moment..they said it's always been $60, but tomorrow I'll tell them to scan it and see the looks on their face :p

Picked mine up tonight in Reading, PA. The look on the employee's face was priceless. He needed to get the bigger ladder to retrieve it off the top shelf in the back. There were 3 more, but I expect they'll be gone tonight. The employee's had a hungry look in their eyes as I left...

FRED

man. i'ma check up on the one near my place anyway. i was too lazy this week to call and ask. hopefully they got either 360 or ps3 left

There aren't many gamecrazy's near my house. The closest one is over a 9 mile drive, and the rest are pretty spread out, but I guess I'll give one a try and see if it's available.

i just grabbed two xbox 360 versions (maybe to sell, maybe to give as gift also) in scottsdale, az. still 24.99. Confirmed that the ps3 is still 60 bucks.

[quote name='sillygal']Anyone know if the price is still good for today? I'm afraid to call to tip employees off[/QUOTE]

Just call and tell em to hold it for you.
The price for the 360 version WILL ring up as 24.99, so just ask them to hold it, not price check it.

I think if the price didn't change by yesterday, it changed today..the guy scanned it yesterday and the game was $60, then I went this morning to see if it dropped on Sunday and $25 :) no1 had ANY idea about the drop

Got one yesterday. They didn't know about the deal, and seemed to have quite a few in stock. I asked for the PS3 version, but the guy checked the price and said he was only showing the $25 price for the 360 version so I got that one. Dunno what THAT was about, but whatever no biggie.

[quote name='eastshore4']Got one yesterday. They didn't know about the deal, and seemed to have quite a few in stock. I asked for the PS3 version, but the guy checked the price and said he was only showing the $25 price for the 360 version so I got that one. Dunno what THAT was about, but whatever no biggie.[/QUOTE]

I've replied in this thread multiple times, and apparently everyone seems to ignore it: the PS3 version is not on sale.

Sorry about that, I noticed you wrote that when I was doubling back over the entire thread to fact-check my posting.

No luck for me today. The guy at the store said they sold out, probably earlier in the week. For some reason, I doubt other stores have any left in stock in my area.

[quote name='Scorch']I've replied in this thread multiple times, and apparently everyone seems to ignore it: the PS3 version is not on sale.[/QUOTE]

No worries Scorch. Most of the time ppl just see the first and last posts. But yes, PS3 Version is NOT on sale. YMMV if it happens that at a local Gamecrazy near anyone else happens to have the ps3 on sale. Confirmed Xbox 360 version IS on sale.

[quote name='nfs3freak']No worries Scorch. Most of the time ppl just see the first and last posts. But yes, PS3 Version is NOT on sale. YMMV if it happens that at a local Gamecrazy near anyone else happens to have the ps3 on sale. Confirmed Xbox 360 version IS on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The PS3 version was on sale at my local Gamecrazy when I bought it last week. I put YMMV just in case anybody else has experienced this. I've also read that it was probably only on sale that day. (The PS3 version, that is. Xbox 360 version stayed on sale. )

Thanks for posting this. I caught this late last night so I was figuring my local gamecrazy was sold out and I was right. I asked them to check other locations and he finds one in the city where my godmother lives, who I was planning on visiting later on in the day. I picked it up and it looked like it was their last one.

It's probably to clear out special editions.

I seriously doubt the PS3 version was ever on sale, I think that the OP just had an employee who was a :dunce: and manually priced the PS3 version down because the 360 version was on sale.

Does anyone know if this deal is going on. I have an Xbox 360 and have wanted to get this game since my brother-in-law bought it at launch.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does anyone know if this deal is going on. I have an Xbox 360 and have wanted to get this game since my brother-in-law bought it at launch.[/QUOTE]

Probably, good luck finding one though ;)

[quote name='freakalator']Probably, good luck finding one though ;)[/QUOTE]

I went last week and they had 3 or 4 so I should be good. Let's hope they still got em.*Crossing my fingers*

Ya, tried to get the PS3 one, but the employee (manager) told me that the sale is only on the Xbox 360 one, because thats the one that is not selling (prior to sale of course, lol).

bread's done
Back