GameCrazy - Growlanser Generations $17.99!

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While bored at work today I was checking prices for various games we had in stock. I decided to check Growlanser Generations and to my surprise the POS showed a price of $17.99!

Prices are as follows:
Growlanser Generations New 17.99
Growlanser Generations Used 14.99

Unfortunately the Deluxe is still expensive as hell:
Growlanser Generations DLX New 79.99
Growlanser Generations DLX Used 64.99

This deal may be YMMV but since the price is reflected in the POS it should be everywhere. Good luck finding a location that has this game in stock.

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='FFMooglestar']While bored at work today I was checking prices for various games we had in stock. I decided to check Growlanser Generations and to my surprise the POS showed a price of $17.99!

Prices are as follows:
Growlanser Generations New 17.99
Growlanser Generations Used 14.99

Unfortunately the Deluxe is still expensive as hell:
Growlanser Generations DLX New 79.99
Growlanser Generations DLX Used 64.99

This deal may be YMMV but since the price is reflected in the POS it should be everywhere. Good luck finding a location that has this game in stock.

Happy Hunting![/QUOTE]

i know a few places that have them BUT already have one sealed and one open so not really worth it.. thanks for posting though.... then again it might been the DLX they have

FFMooglestar,

Is there any way you can pick me up a copy and I'll pay you $25 shipped? Unfortunately I don't have a Gamecrazy over here.

rperez:
i'll go to gamecrazy on tuesday and see if they got some i can pick an extra one up if you can keep your word on paying me for it :)
----

well for the people trading this game on trade section has been charging up the butt for a sealed regular version. about time they get smacked.

Oh, I'm a man of my word. :D If FFMooglestar isn't able to pick me up one, I'll take you up on your offer. Thank you, it is very much appreciated. The only reason I want to check with FFMooglestar first is that he has already confirmed that there is one in stock in that store. I will make sure to get back with you before Tuesday to let you know though.

Just in case you happen to go before then, if you pick one up I will still pay you back for it. Worst case scenario is that I have an extra copy to pass along to another fellow CAGer.

gonna check my gamecrazy's on monday too. If anyone else is looking for a copy let me know and i'll send it at the cost plus shipping.

I've been looking for one, but no Game Crazy's near here. Only found it in 1 Rhino and it was the deluxe edition for $80. takingchase- I'll take one if you can get it and you accept PayPal. Shoot me a PM and let me know. Thanks

[quote name='whitereflection']Off-topic, but does anyone know the details of their 3 games for $30 promotion? It says they're new games, but not much else:

http://gamecrazy.com/promotions/promo_all_0012.aspx

Even if it only applied to greatest hits, it'd be a pretty good deal depending on the selection.[/QUOTE]

Only select titles qualify, but should be the same list as the $18.99 games and under from the previous sale. Your friendly employee might have a printed list on the counter for you to browse over...or in my experience...just a pointy-pointy to the aisle shelf carousel.

The flyers shows : GC Tales of Symphonia, XB Fable (Original), and a few other hit and misses ....(what I recall, but cannot confirm)

XB Burnout 3 Takedown
XB X-Men Legends

i stopped by 1 gamecrazy today on the way to dinner no luck. but this game crazy is the crap one around me they never have squat. but price for growlan is confirmed correct.

i will check out 3 more gamecrazies on monday and tuesday.

seems like YMMV i called the store and the guy checked in the system and says regular non delux version is 49.99!

well if everyone's getting a hard time with this game i'll try my best to get 3-5 copies and spread it on this thread.

i'll update.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Only select titles qualify, but should be the same list as the $18.99 games and under from the previous sale. Your friendly employee might have a printed list on the counter for you to browse over...or in my experience...just a pointy-pointy to the aisle shelf carousel.

The flyers shows : GC Tales of Symphonia, XB Fable (Original), and a few other hit and misses ....(what I recall, but cannot confirm)

XB Burnout 3 Takedown
XB X-Men Legends[/QUOTE]

Do you remember any other games? I've been meaning to pick up Tales of Symphonia and Fable. I've never been to my Gamecrazy since it's a few miles away and inaccesible by public transportation.

Thanks.

The only one at North Smithfield was a deluxe one with a really beat up box that was $80.

Edit: Just picked up the only used one in Lincoln for $15. It's kind of scratched (not too bad or I wouldn't have bought it, but I'm EXTREMELY picky about scratches) so if anyone finds a stash of new ones at their local GC, I'll buy one.

I'm going to check a few GC's today to see if they have any regular GG's in stock so I don't have to open my Deluxe edition which I finally bought at GC just because I would rather pay $80 for it now then $160 through ebay later.

Dammit, it was a bust at mine. I asked the dude straight out if he had any and immediately said "No, but geez that's expensive." Realizing that he was talking about the DLX version, I asked if he had any of the others and sure enough, "None of those either". There is a person working there who always steals the good games I know it.

I raised an eyebrow or two when I went into the Frisco Tx store and picked up one for $14.99. Unfortunately it was the only copy they had - used but looks mint as in never played all complete. Can't beat that buy.

Then in a Gamestop I found a used but excellent and complete copy of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. I'm into it a bit more at $30 but still not a bad day.

TexTuna

Ah, just another video game store I'll have to stop into when passing them by. I don't usually like looking thru Game Crazys as the used games are usually mostly disorganised, and not always alphabetised, and most used games seem to be just disc only. The people that I've talked to that worked at them were usually very nice though. Totally friendly. In general the clerks I've talked to in Game Crazys seemed to know more about games, especially older ones than the people I've talked to at Game Stop. But maybe that's just me.

If someone can find a mint and complete used or new copy of GG for me, I would be most grateful. I do have paypal and/or games to trade for it, if you are interested. Thanks again.

I'll call a couple more that are fairly close to me later today (Monday) to see if they have new copies of it. Had to enter a different zip code into their locator to even see them...

[quote name='sonderiaom']Dammit, it was a bust at mine. I asked the dude straight out if he had any and immediately said "No, but geez that's expensive." Realizing that he was talking about the DLX version, I asked if he had any of the others and sure enough, "None of those either". There is a person working there who always steals the good games I know it.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say that I would love to have a copy to play and keep my deluxe one sealed and I'd go look tomorrow, but you just saved me the trip. ^_~

Love to score a used (but mint) or new copy of GG - big fan of Working Designs - but alas, no GameCrazys in this area. Seems like they get a lot of good deals too...willing to pay via paypal if someone scores an extra, just PM me.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I was just going to say that I would love to have a copy to play and keep my deluxe one sealed and I'd go look tomorrow, but you just saved me the trip. ^_~[/QUOTE]

I actually went at 2 in the afternoon. It's possible that the other CAGs in the area got it but I doubt it. More than likely the employees are up to date and pick through them everyday.

If any of you CAG'rs are in Dallas and want this title, there is a 14.99 used copy at the Game Crazy in S. Dallas off Ledbetter. I had thought about driving down there but its just too far. They had a copy at the Garland store but someone (clerk maybe) snagged it yesterday.

TexTuna

I just went up there and picked one up thinking it was going to be $15, but it was $36 and he said he hooked me up somehow. I don't have a clue what hes talking about especially since this was supposed to be $15.

And do they not charge tax because it was $36 even.

I picked one up it was sealed with the sticket and had funnly shrink wrapping around the outside it was the last copy one of the discs had fingerprints on it! damn them!

Went over to the Alhambra Gamecrazy and picked up the only copy of Growlanser at 17.99 then used the ad to get tales of symphonia and Fable: platinum version since they were selling for 19.99 but since it was on the ad they honored it 20 got the 3 for 30

[quote name='sonderiaom']I actually went at 2 in the afternoon. It's possible that the other CAGs in the area got it but I doubt it. More than likely the employees are up to date and pick through them everyday.[/QUOTE]

Ya, they seem to be on the ball there. I was able to get Guitar Hero there today though (B-Ham is all sold out), so that made my trip into Burlington worthwhile enough for me. ^_^

I checked the GCs in my area (Pasadena, TX) yesterday and all three of them were out of Growlanser. Ah well, guess I'm out of luck.

[quote name='lost18']I just went up there and picked one up thinking it was going to be $15, but it was $36 and he said he hooked me up somehow. I don't have a clue what hes talking about especially since this was supposed to be $15.

And do they not charge tax because it was $36 even.[/QUOTE]

Alright so I figured out what the guy did. He sold me the game for $14.99 then added an MVP subscription (I still don't know what this is) on top of it to make it come out to $36 (the unadjusted sticker price on the game was 37.49 so I guess he thought he could pull a fast one) without even telling me. All he said was that since your a first time customer I need to put you in the computer let me see your license. I thought it seemed odd at the time but with all the info stores get from you now I didn't think anything of it. On top of that he sold me the subscription and didn't even give me the discount price on the game I bought. Anyway I saw the manager this morning and he was very helpful and refunded my money even though he said the subscription could not be cancelled. I don't plan on using the discount because I didn't pay for it, but I still felt like a douche because I was duped so easily.

Long story short the game was $15. I hope your experiences are a lot more pleasant.

[quote name='lost18']Alright so I figured out what the guy did. He sold me the game for $14.99 then added an MVP subscription (I still don't know what this is) on top of it to make it come out to $36 (the unadjusted sticker price on the game was 37.49 so I guess he thought he could pull a fast one) without even telling me. All he said was that since your a first time customer I need to put you in the computer let me see your license. I thought it seemed odd at the time but with all the info stores get from you now I didn't think anything of it. On top of that he sold me the subscription and didn't even give me the discount price on the game I bought. Anyway I saw the manager this morning and he was very helpful and refunded my money even though he said the subscription could not be cancelled. I don't plan on using the discount because I didn't pay for it, but I still felt like a douche because I was duped so easily.

Long story short the game was $15. I hope your experiences are a lot more pleasant.[/QUOTE]

that's horrible dude! I've been asked for ID at a lot of gamecrazy's too (not really sure why), so that's not unusual. glad they got you sorted out in the end.

[quote name='lost18']Alright so I figured out what the guy did. He sold me the game for $14.99 then added an MVP subscription (I still don't know what this is) on top of it to make it come out to $36 (the unadjusted sticker price on the game was 37.49 so I guess he thought he could pull a fast one) without even telling me. All he said was that since your a first time customer I need to put you in the computer let me see your license. I thought it seemed odd at the time but with all the info stores get from you now I didn't think anything of it. On top of that he sold me the subscription and didn't even give me the discount price on the game I bought. Anyway I saw the manager this morning and he was very helpful and refunded my money even though he said the subscription could not be cancelled. I don't plan on using the discount because I didn't pay for it, but I still felt like a douche because I was duped so easily.

Long story short the game was $15. I hope your experiences are a lot more pleasant.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar incident a bit ago, although it wasn't quite as much money. Anyway, the way their system is set up is that they credit card system is seperate from the point of sale (cash register) so they have to manually type in the price they are charging to your credit card.

Anyway, I bought a game and used some store credit so I wasn't completely sure what the difference would be. He says some amount that the difference is and it sounds about right so I hand him my card he swipes it and I'm on my way. I'm in my car and I look at the reciept from the register and the amount I was charged to my card because they staple them together. Sure enough, the price I should have been charged was about $2.00 less than what I was charged on my card. So I went back and, not even surprised about it, the guy just says, oh well sometimes the register gives us the wrong amount for the difference. Granted it was only $2.00 but it was the principle of the matter and the fact that it seemed shady as hell.

The funny part is he tried hitting me up to renew my MVP BOTH when I bought my game and when I went back to have the amount charged to my card adjusted. Yeah, like I'm gonna renew. Not only have I not renewed my membership but that was the last time I've gone in that particular Gamecrazy.

Well, we do need your id to create an account if you pay with a check or credit card. If you pay cash we dont need to make an account. We also need id if you trade things in, kinda like a pawn shop.

Also the gamecrazy stores rank themselves based on how much cash they rake in. Also, on how many mvp/warranties/pre orders they sell.

So stores get desperate and need those numbers so they try things like that. My store is actually pretty honest but it's probably because we do well without having to cheat the customer.

i got my deluxe edition for $69 shipped off ebay sealed. and yeah, not too interested in opening it. hopefully i can find one at the GC in my area.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Well, we do need your id to create an account if you pay with a check or credit card. If you pay cash we dont need to make an account. We also need id if you trade things in, kinda like a pawn shop.

Also the gamecrazy stores rank themselves based on how much cash they rake in. Also, on how many mvp/warranties/pre orders they sell.

So stores get desperate and need those numbers so they try things like that. My store is actually pretty honest but it's probably because we do well without having to cheat the customer.[/QUOTE]

The competition between stores, while being a good corporate theory, fails in execution. I can safely say this after working at Best Buy for a while, whom I feel is the biggest offender of this. The problem is that the stores end up doing shady things to beat out the other stores like certain Best Buy's forcing launch day bundles for the 360 (they did the same thing with the PS2 at my store when I used to work there) or where an employee will sneakily add a membership onto a customer's purchase as we talked about in this example.

Thanks - got a new one on hold for me until tomorroaw AM. I've had an extra set of the extras minus game for a while, glad I finally got a game to go with it.

Dave

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The competition between stores, while being a good corporate theory, fails in execution. I can safely say this after working at Best Buy for a while, whom I feel is the biggest offender of this. The problem is that the stores end up doing shady things to beat out the other stores like certain Best Buy's forcing launch day bundles for the 360 (they did the same thing with the PS2 at my store when I used to work there) or where an employee will sneakily add a membership onto a customer's purchase as we talked about in this example.[/QUOTE]

yep, i agree totally. We also compete against other employees and i have noticed the guys who get the most mvps are a bit shadyer than others.

[quote name='doodle777_98']yep, i agree totally. We also compete against other employees and i have noticed the guys who get the most mvps are a bit shadyer than others.[/QUOTE]

See, and the thing is you don't need to do that stuff to be successful as a company. Just look at Target. Sure they have certain items that are used to rank the stores such as the Target card but it isn't a driving force behind the company's policy and they still mange to be a very successful company.

Yeah but alot of times jobs are on the line. Some people would rather cheat a couple people to make their store look good so they dont get fired. My manager told me how shady some oethr stores are, especially in bigger towns. the only reason we are not shady is becasue we are the only game store in town. We get huge revenue all the time. Our only competitor is walmart. But they dont sell used games like us. We're lucky.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Yeah but alot of times jobs are on the line. Some people would rather cheat a couple people to make their store look good so they dont get fired.[/QUOTE]

See and this is probably the worst effect of the competition policy. I mean if you want to motivate people, give them commissions, don't threaten to fire them. These companies want to be as cheap to their workers as possible though while at the same time they want their workers to be golden.

Well, kind of inadvertantly threadjacked this one. Sorry OP, but at least its getting frequent bumps this way ;)

to stay on topic, there were none at my GC. I was hoping to also get my employee discount.

but back off topic. Sopposingly alot of stores are having problems making profits. For example in san antonio there is a ebgames and a gamestop on a shopping strip right nest door to each other. then across the street is Gamecrazy. Since ebgames and gamestop are no longer in competetion with each other so one will close down. And guess which one will close down. So now you got people scared to lose their jobs.

I'm glad I got a new copy of GG standard for $10 at the BB sell a while ago, it sounds like people are going through a lot of hassell for one at GC. Unless i'm reading it wrong and some are getting the Deluxe copies for 15-20.

Thanks for the heads-up. Went this morning and got the last new copy my local store had. GG for $18. You really can't beat that.

I managed to find a new copy at their Santa Clara, CA store. However, the guy told me the price was 17.99 with an MVP membership and something like 29.99 without. I went ahead with the membership, since I figured I'd stop by and get more used games later on, and he also gave me a bunch of free junk from the back. I'm guessing most people have been getting the 17.99 price without a membership? Oh well. :)

fyi, this was the last copy they had at this store. They had one new DLX copy for the usual whopping 79.99 price.

Dennis

bread's done
Back