GameCrazy is now preordering Nintendo Wii!!!

skagamer

CAG Veteran
Just an hour ago I walked into my local Gamecrazy and the manager informed me that she was just about to call and let me know that I could preorder the Wii as of today. This store is going to recieve 7 total systems and I was 2nd on the list. =) Just thought I would let the rest of you CAGers know so you can get out there and preorder!

Oh brother. I got a call from Gamecrazy. I put down my deposit to get on the "waiting list" for the Wii back in May way before official pre-orders. Anyway, they call me to tell me they are doing the official pre-orders now. It was basically a blackmail call.

The guy is telling me how they need to get their "attachment rate" (isn't think the kind of bullshit you should NEVER say to a customer?) up and I need to order a controller and maybe a game to get my pre-order. It's basically implied that if I don't, my "pre-order" won't become official and I'll lose my slot. So now I have to swing by tomorrow to handle the accessories' pre-orders. I debated just telling them to shove it, but instead I think I'll be returning the accessories and game about 5 seconds after I buy them at the midnight launch to see the looks on their faces.

I've got $100 worth of credit at Gamestop I'm using for the games, I don't need to be pressured into a bunch of stuff.

[quote name='secretvampire']Oh brother. I got a call from Gamecrazy. I put down my deposit to get on the "waiting list" for the Wii back in May way before official pre-orders. Anyway, they call me to tell me they are doing the official pre-orders now. It was basically a blackmail call.

The guy is telling me how they need to get their "attachment rate" (isn't think the kind of bullshit you should NEVER say to a customer?) up and I need to order a controller and maybe a game to get my pre-order. It's basically implied that if I don't, my "pre-order" won't become official and I'll lose my slot. So now I have to swing by tomorrow to handle the accessories' pre-orders. I debated just telling them to shove it, but instead I think I'll be returning the accessories and game about 5 seconds after I buy them at the midnight launch to see the looks on their faces.

I've got $100 worth of credit at Gamestop I'm using for the games, I don't need to be pressured into a bunch of stuff.[/quote]

Tell them that you plan on talking to their district manager about this attachment rate, and tell them that you plan on reserving ONLY a Wii, or other actions will be taken.

bread's done
Back