GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Hey guys, is MKvDC worth $40? Or should I wait for an even lower price drop? I hear it isn't bad, but isn't spectacular either.[/quote]

Wait till it drops to the $20 mark. All the reviews basically summarize that it's worth a rental only.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wait till it drops to the $20 mark. All the reviews basically summarize that it's worth a rental only.[/quote]
Ahh, thanks tangy for that nice summary. DC chars in a fighting game is awesome, but from the couple of video's I've watched, it look like MoTS 3d MK.

[quote name='david12795']Guess I should wait till MK vs DC hits to $20 as well.

How long does it usually take for it to drop at $20?[/quote]

Well if midway doesn't start selling some games it will be cheap real quick.

[quote name='david12795']Guess I should wait till MK vs DC hits to $20 as well.

How long does it usually take for it to drop at $20?[/quote]

If we all stop buying right now and for the next three months, it'll be $20. ;) The trend nowadays seems only the AAA millions selling titles will remain at or near retail price for a long time. Others will fall in a matter of couple months.

[quote name='yukafls']Man, I would pick up the darkness, lost planet, and ace combat 6 but the stores near me are out of the darkness on black friday. Hopefully they have the others[/QUOTE]

- A fresh shipment was sent after Black Friday. Regarding Ace Combat 6 and TNA, it may just be limited to stock on hand. The used prices will probably drop to $7.99, so remember, if they're sold out of them on the 28th, ask how much used copies are!

- Lost Planet is the regular edition. GC never bought stock of the Colonies edition unless someone preordered it, so the only way you'll find it in a GC store is if someone pre-ordered it and didn't pick it up. This may change soon, but for now, you'll probably only run across regular versions.

- Stranglehold CE on PS3 will probably not be part of the sale as it's on a different SKU.

- Please be aware that MK vs DC is a popular title and this is the week of Christmas and it's very, very doubtful that more will come in on Friday. Your best shot at getting MK vs DC for $39.99 might be to price match it at a local competitor. This does not include the limited edition version. The same applies to other popular "family" games, such as We Ski. TNA, Ace Combat, Darkness, Lost Planet, etc should all be safe.

- Store hours are 10am - 9pm on Sunday.

As for myself, I think I'll be in for Ace Combat and TNA. Hope we still have them after Christmas.

//edit: Oh, and you last minute shoppers - Some GC stores got shipments of Wii Fit and Mario Kart in today. If you're still looking, give them a call.

[quote name='Vinny']Blue Dragon for $10 seems like a good deal.[/quote] It has been that price at TRU since early summer.

ace combat 6 $10
ninja gaiden 2 $25

Q about Ninja Gaiden 2, you listed it separate from the NEW listings. My best guess is that it's new as well, just on sale and the ad just doesn't bother to specifically state NEW, but I'd just like to confirm?

Only thing i want is Ace combat 6.
Would get Darkness and Lost planet if i didn't already have it.
I'll try my best to make it to the store right when it opens on sunday so hopefully i will able to snag a copy of AC6.
Looks like it will be the most popular one of the deal.

In 4 Rock Band drums and Blue Dragon, thanks Scorch!

Also, the people at my GC say that the sale starts this Friday, so YMMV depending on when this sale actually starts.

The prices won't be lowered in the system until Sunday morning. Whether or not managers honor the prices/mark them down early is definitely YMMV. Never hurts to all and ask. Just ask if they're honoring the sales prices in the new flyer yet.

[quote name='Scorch']The prices won't be lowered in the system until Sunday morning. Whether or not managers honor the prices/mark them down early is definitely YMMV. Never hurts to all and ask. Just ask if they're honoring the sales prices in the new flyer yet.[/quote]
Well, they had the flyers in the store, but they told me the sale starts Friday. I know the guys working there well, so hopefully they'll mark the prices down for me :D

I'll check this out tomorrow. Not far from where I'm staying. If it's going to be starting on Sunday, then I'll be there Sunday!

In for AC6, AC, and TNA...thanks OP!

I'll check this out tomorrow. Not far from where I'm staying. If it's going to be starting on Sunday, then I'll be there Sunday!

In for AC6, AC, and TNA...thanks OP!

Are these prices valid in HWV with their own game section? I wanna get Lost Planet again. Would the Colonies Edition be valid for the sale if there was a copy in stock, or just the regular SKU?

[quote name='twen']Are these prices valid in HWV with their own game section? I wanna get Lost Planet again. Would the Colonies Edition be valid for the sale if there was a copy in stock, or just the regular SKU?[/quote]

i'm going to say that it is a no for both, completely certain it's a no for the Colonies Edition (unless the ad states it's that one). As for the HV, they are usually different w/ the sales, so that would lead me to say no as well.

[quote name='Scorch']

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two EXTRA controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

[/quote]

Any details on these X360 bundles? Are they trying to sell their own bundles (used/new)....or is this a normal one that microsoft puts out there. All i want is a new Pro 60gb.

I wonder if we can trade in multiple PS2 systems towards the purchase of one Bundle ;)

[quote name='100xp']...when buying a new game is cheaper than a rental. It might even be worth it to get The Darkness as a gag gift for my buddies.[/QUOTE]Gag Gift? The Darkness is one of the better console shooters available.

Im in for Ac6 and Blue Dragon, I got like 25$ on a preorder I had and forgot to pick up V.V

Wow, that PS2 trade-in deal isn't bad. Anyone know good flips from GameStop to GameCrazy? I searched for a GameCrazy thread like the GR/BB one but I couldn't find one. :cry:

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Wow, that PS2 trade-in deal isn't bad. Anyone know good flips from GameStop to GameCrazy? I searched for a GameCrazy thread like the GR/BB one but I couldn't find one. :cry:[/quote]

Well most Gamecrazy's will match what Gamestop gives you plus 5% but YMMV on that....

Well, I guess it's time to pick up TNA Impact and SVR09---if I can find this other nearest Game Crazy (as the one I frequented was shut down).

Okay, weird situation.

Prince of Persia will actually be full price, and Assassin's Creed will only be $9.99 if you buy it with Prince of Persia. Weird as hell...

And I read the ad wrong, you only need two controllers for the PS2 trade-up deal

Oh damn, I have to pick up iMPACT for that price. Hopefully, I'll be able to snag a copy of The Darkness this time since I missed out on Black Friday.

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, weird situation.

Prince of Persia will actually be full price, and Assassin's Creed will only be $9.99 if you buy it with Prince of Persia. Weird as hell...

And I read the ad wrong, you only need two controllers for the PS2 trade-up deal[/quote]

What is standard policy on the controllers and memory card? Do you have to have at least one official controller, or can they both be 3rd party? What about memory card?

Can someone point me to a cheap mem card to pick up for this deal?

My Game Crazy has 2 or 3 used 360 Rock Band 1 drum kits, and I need a new kick pedal, so I guess I'll pick one up. Thanks for the deals.

I went by my game crazy today and they had no idea of a sale going on starting sunday. Said they havn't gotten any ad flyers or emails of a sale from the main office.

[quote name='bvol9']I went by my game crazy today and they had no idea of a sale going on starting sunday. Said they havn't gotten any ad flyers or emails of a sale from the main office.[/quote]
Same thing with mine, just got back from visiting the store they had no clue he was even looking at his printout for the day.

[quote name='bvol9']I went by my game crazy today and they had no idea of a sale going on starting sunday. Said they haven't gotten any ad flyers or emails of a sale from the main office.[/quote]

The ad is most likely to appear in the Sunday newspaper. I'll find out for myself tomorrow when I purchase the Los Angeles Times Sunday preview.

MVP bonus never stacks with anything, sir..

The sale prices will lower in the POS on Sunday, so even if they have no knowledge of the sale, it will happen. Some prices lowered today, actually. Wii Ski is now $14.99, We Cheer is $19.99, and Ace Combat 6 lowered to $14.99 new/$12.99 used. It'll be $9.99 Sunday.

Also, it wasn't mentioned in the ad, but Soul Calibur 4 is $24.99 new/$19.99 used, that price drop came down this morning. I don't expect it to last long, as it still trades in at $16, so grab it while you can. Even if it's marked higher, it will ring up for $19.99 used/$17.99 with MVP. No brainer buy at that price.

And no, the collector's edition is not part of this sale.

bread's done
Back