GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']MVP bonus never stacks with anything, sir..

[/quote]

I knew there was a reason I vowed never to throw my money away on the GC MVP membership. Thanks for reminding me!

[quote name='Scorch']MVP bonus never stacks with anything, sir..

The sale prices will lower in the POS on Sunday, so even if they have no knowledge of the sale, it will happen. Some prices lowered today, actually. Wii Ski is now $14.99, We Cheer is $19.99, and Ace Combat 6 lowered to $14.99 new/$12.99 used. It'll be $9.99 Sunday.

Also, it wasn't mentioned in the ad, but Soul Calibur 4 is $24.99 new/$19.99 used, that price drop came down this morning. I don't expect it to last long, as it still trades in at $16, so grab it while you can. Even if it's marked higher, it will ring up for $19.99 used/$17.99 with MVP. No brainer buy at that price.

And no, the collector's edition is not part of this sale.[/quote]

Such a steal at that price. A mUst Buy!

Scorch, my store still had mlb2k8 at a shelved price of 29.99. They were too busy for me to ask if it was cheaper than said sign. Do you know if that price went live yet for either console?

[quote name='FiendCameron']i'm going to say that it is a no for both, completely certain it's a no for the Colonies Edition (unless the ad states it's that one). As for the HV, they are usually different w/ the sales, so that would lead me to say no as well.[/quote]
What's an HWV? How about an HV?

Damn. I wanted to pick up copies of TNA Impact, Darkness, and Lost Planet but I just got called in to work... oh well maybe tomorrow.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Damn. I wanted to pick up copies of TNA Impact, Darkness, and Lost Planet but I just got called in to work... oh well maybe tomorrow.[/quote]

Well good thing the sale doesn't start until tomorrow.

if they're not offering colonies edition, i'd just take the ad and price match else where. i'm sure walmart or best buy have no clue on the differences.

Is there ad available online or anything? I don't have a Game Crazy by me anywhere really and would like to get Best Buy to PM for TNA and Ace Combat if I can.

[quote name='hothitter']Scorch, my store still had mlb2k8 at a shelved price of 29.99. They were too busy for me to ask if it was cheaper than said sign. Do you know if that price went live yet for either console?[/QUOTE]

not yet

i've already told you guys that it's NOT the colonies edition and I explained why, see my earlier posts..

the ad isn't on the website yet, maybe tomorrow.. but then again the christmas ad wasn't on the site either so I don't know.

I really wish I had a scanner. Well I do, but it's not hooked up. I should work on that.

I have a stupid question. Well, I have a collection of stupid questions that I keep in order to be prepared for any occasion, but I will limit myself to just asking one for now.

Scorch, I have seen you mention that B1G1 for new games $18.99 or less is always going on, but I wasn't sure if you meant that they run it often, or that it is actually always going on. I'd love to get Ace Combat 6 and Blue Dragon for $9.99 total, and The Darkness and Lost Planet for $4.99 total. Thanks.

[quote name='guessed']I have a stupid question. Well, I have a collection of stupid questions that I keep in order to be prepared for any occasion, but I will limit myself to just asking one for now.

Scorch, I have seen you mention that B1G1 for new games $18.99 or less is always going on, but I wasn't sure if you meant that they run it often, or that it is actually always going on. I'd love to get Ace Combat 6 and Blue Dragon for $9.99 total, and The Darkness and Lost Planet for $4.99 total. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It was hit or miss the last time. The employees had no fucking clue on it & would not honor the advertised promotions! You basically had to fight tooth & nail to get it to work.

On black friday the guy was really hesitant on scanning R6V2 and AC but I just asked to scan them together and see if the discount was applied.

It was and I got both games for $7.99 total.

Also, the full ad prices go in effect tomorrow??

[quote name='Xerxes']AC6 is in ugly box form now. I think for $10 I'll let it slide but wow.[/quote]

Yep. It's in a Platinum Hits Cover and case now. I've also seen the same thing happened to Assassin's Creed. These two titles being the most recent.

[quote name='WTFer']It was hit or miss the last time. The employees had no fucking clue on it & would not honor the advertised promotions! You basically had to fight tooth & nail to get it to work.[/quote]

I think you misunderstood my question. I know that, even if b1g1 $18.99 and under is running, it is YMMV whether the clerks will allow it on the sale items. MY question was, is b1g1 $18.99 and under an active promotion?

BTW, I did get them to apply it during the BF weekend sale on R6V2 without any problems.

I think some of the prices are in effect already. I just called a couple gcs about DBZ Burst Limit and they were $20 new. Didn't ask about the other game prices.

The Prices Are Go ! Just got TNA and Ace Combat 6 for about $10 and Death Jr and Lost Planet for $5 , ( Thank You B1G1 ) I would Imagine that getting the B1G1 for $ 18.98 is going to be hard for some but my cashier was upset that she was in on her day off ! Damn its good To be CHEAP !!!

Damn my Gamecrazy is a little out of my way so i don't really want to try today to see if AC6 is on sale yet.
And my pass experience with my Gamecrazy is that if i call they will tell me the sticker price but are too lazy to ring it up.

pricing is live for TNA and Ace Combat 6 and plenty of TNA but FEW Ace Combat 6 and ace combat is NOT the plat hits they had i got new sealed green case. NO B1G1 on 18.99 games. store in fraser mi

[quote name='bahnke1']pricing is live for TNA and Ace Combat 6 and plenty of TNA but FEW Ace Combat 6 and ace combat is NOT the plat hits they had i got new sealed green case. NO B1G1 on 18.99 games. store in fraser mi[/quote]

Damn you!
You had me at "live"
Guess I'm going to pop in to my GC here in SoCal today.
I post back with my findings, but if its not live ... ohhh ... im gonna be :bomb:

[quote name='supraazn']Damn you!
You had me at "live"
Guess I'm going to pop in to my GC here in SoCal today.
I post back with my findings, but if its not live ... ohhh ... im gonna be :bomb:[/quote]
I just bought both ACE COMBAT 6 and TNA for 10 each and ask about b1g1 he said no i just missed the b2g1

saw the 18.99 or less B1G1 on the in store ad but, according to them they said come back on Sunday for this deal, however the prices were in effect for those games already...strange

I ran when I saw "live" to my Hollywood Video, had them grab TNA, AC6, Darkness, MLB 2k8, none on sale. They say the are not part of this sale like the Black Friday sale. Hopefully someone else has good luck. This was in Escondido, CA

[quote name='guessed']I think you misunderstood my question. I know that, even if b1g1 $18.99 and under is running, it is YMMV whether the clerks will allow it on the sale items. MY question was, is b1g1 $18.99 and under an active promotion?

BTW, I did get them to apply it during the BF weekend sale on R6V2 without any problems.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the B1G1 $18.99/under is not running at the moment. The last round of it ended on the 25th at close.

Regarding Ace Combat 6 - Most stores still have old stock and it will not be in "ugly case form". My store still hasn't even received Assassin's Creed or Bioshock as a platinum hit because we still have new copies of older ones.

Looks like some sales went into effect today - glad you guys were able to get these games cheap! :)

can anyone confirm if the ps2 trade in controller has to be official sony. or what games do they take. anyone trade in a system or is planning please post here because I am planning on trading the ps2 for and xbox pro. I already have a PS3

YMMV on official sony controllers, ANY four games will work. ANY four. Even if the computer shows that we don't take them on trade, when you scan the coupon, it prices the game up for the deal.

B1G1 for new games is in effect, at least in the Phoenix metro area.
I picked up AC6, Crackdown, The Darkness, and Lost Planet for about 20 dollars. Had to search around a bit for AC6, since almost no stores had them.

[quote name='romodome']I ran when I saw "live" to my Hollywood Video, had them grab TNA, AC6, Darkness, MLB 2k8, none on sale. They say the are not part of this sale like the Black Friday sale. Hopefully someone else has good luck. This was in Escondido, CA[/quote]

My experience during the similar GC sale last year was that there is no such thing as "live" across GC stores. One of the stores I visited had received a sheet of barcodes with the price adjustments, and I was told the items would not scan at the sale prices until they scanned in these bar code updates (which they hadn't done although the sale should have been in effect, per the flyer).

Thus the need to bring in the physical ad to prove the sale exists (or find the ad in store - one of the stores I visited had a stack of them, but the employees hadn't bothered to look at them and were surprised when I showed them the sale prices were right under their noses).

It's possible GC has entered the 21st century since then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Does Walmart price match to Gamecrazy? I tried BB to pm to Gamecrazy and it wasn't on their list of retailers to PM. Just in case since there's really not too many GC's my way at a my parents' area.

Okay so i know you guys probably don't care but here's my story anyways.

First i went to my nearest Gamecrazy and keep in mind that i hate this GC because i've had trouble with them at least 3 different times before.
So i knew this time wouldn't be any different.
Well i was right, they had one NEW copy of AC6 non-plat left.
I asked him to check the price on the game.
He points to the 14.99 sticker, i say that it might be on sale please check it for me.
He tells me the price on the wall is the price of the game, and gives me some bullshit like how its illegal to label the price incorrect.
I rolled my eyes and told him "fine, i'll take it" just to get his bitch ass to scan it.
He does and it rings up 14.99.
Okay, but while he was doing that i found the New Years AD right on the damn counter.
So i open it up and point to the AC6 9.99 price and he started to give me 101 excuses on not honoring it.
"It's not in effect" But the AD not show a start date only a end date.
"It does not show whether it's used or new"
"We have to go with the price in the system"
Okay this is not worth arguing with him so i got in my car and drove to the next GC.
This GC is even further away from me but at least i have had a good experience with them in the pass.
So i got there, the guy i talk to was a lot nicer then those other douches.
He told me that he was out of stock for AC6, and he even told me he is OOS BECAUSE of the 9.99 sale on it.
So he offer to call the other GC, the one i first went to, to check stock.
I told him "sure thanks".
He calls and of course they still have the one copy i saw, and they still claimed that it was 14.99.
So the guy i was talking to told them that its in the flyer so to "manual down" the price, and to hold on to the copy for me.
So i said "thanks" an drove back to the first GC because fuck it i went out tonight to get AC6 for $10 i better fucking get it.
When i got back there and told them that it was me that the game was reserved for.
The guy gave me a "pshh oh it was you" kind of tone, see what a ass they are.
And guess what even after all of that they were still giving me shit about it, saying "hmmm i don't know, its not in the system, i dont want to get into trouble or something."
Finally though after a long ass while he manually lowered the price and i finally got the damn game.

So i drove around for like 30 mins and wasted like a gallon of gas to save $5 on a game... yay?

Also, as a thanks for listening to my rumbling, here are the scans of the AD i took myself.

thanks for the scans, i guess i'll be stoppin back in for my 10 back for the b1g1.or maybe gettin 2 others for 10. cuz i know they'll be given me shit about a previous buy.

[quote name='gantt']My experience during the similar GC sale last year was that there is no such thing as "live" across GC stores. One of the stores I visited had received a sheet of barcodes with the price adjustments, and I was told the items would not scan at the sale prices until they scanned in these bar code updates (which they hadn't done although the sale should have been in effect, per the flyer).

Thus the need to bring in the physical ad to prove the sale exists (or find the ad in store - one of the stores I visited had a stack of them, but the employees hadn't bothered to look at them and were surprised when I showed them the sale prices were right under their noses).

It's possible GC has entered the 21st century since then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

i've been with the company since .. well, longer than I care to reveal, but I've never seen or heard of scanning in prices. I've heard of scanning barcodes so some will drop in price as part of a sale, but that was about two years ago.. they lower them in the system now.

Multiples are YMMV, no rules about buying multiple copies.

Any version of PS2 will be fine.

B1G1, if running, will stack. The ad says it's running with the sale but I still haven't seen a barcode to support it, so we may just have to manually price the game down to free.

Drat - wish I would've thought of the B1G1 when I picked up my AC6/TNA.. oh well :)

I'm kinda debating TNA, seems good for the price, but I did go ahead and snag Ace Combat 6 today. Give that one a go pretty soon. Got lucky and snagged the last one they had at the location near me. Thanks for the post, I wouldn't have even gone up there if I hadn't checked this out.

bread's done
Back