GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bboyrealm']It's in today's ad that states buying any game $18.99 or less, and get a second game, of equal or less value, free. Check out page 7, post #138, a CAGer posted ad scans. The last ad scan has a section on "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE".[/quote]

Yea all of us here knows that because we have some form of intelligence, but when you go in store you gambling on if THEY have any.

Some if not most of the employees are too lazy or too much of an ass to help you and some are just retarded, of course with the exception of Scorch here.
I wish I had him at my GC, then i would probably go to GC more than once or twice a year.

Yesterday I seriously had those dumb bastards saying "Hmm it doesn't state whether its used or new, since its so cheap it probably is only for used copies" and or making up requirements that aren't even in the flyers.
I had a wtf look on my face when i heard that

So basically your at the mercy of the workers there.
Point out the print on the AD and cross your fingers that they can read.

GC - Jersey City, NJ.

Just some insight on the GS experience even though I had to use the jedi mind trick to make them honor the deal printed in the ad. (somewhat)

Their logic:
B1G1 Free - $18.99 + 1 game of equal or lesser value that isn't already maked down as a sale. So basically it meant to them that only games that aren't advertised as a SALE item can be free with the purchase of a specifically $18.99 game. Which was all of 4-5 games. i.e. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and a few others. (even though Blue Dragon was listed in that ad and in the same blocked off section of the B1G1 ad)

(all new)
I got Mass Effect for $19.99 (not part of the B1G1)
Ace Combat 6 $9.99
Darkness $4.99

I would have picked up Blue Dragon but I could tell it was shrink wrapped by them.

They told me to call Corporate but they said they would give me Darkness for free as part of the B1G1 deal. They do scan a bar code printed out and states that the marked down prices for said games are already part of a scanned bar code coup. The new guy cashier was a nice guy, the manager...seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

I'll be returning Mass Effect at a different location...hopefully AC6 and Darkness was worth the trip...now to find a nice flight stick ;)

I grabbed TNA, AC6 and Bionicle Heros(for my son) all used using the all games 7.99 and under buy 3 three for $15. :bouncy:

I have yet to play TNA but my son loves the BH game.

Picked up a copy of SCIV for 19.99 used. First time buying a used game at GC, never knew they kept all of their cover art and cases sepereate, at least at that location. Its a pretty interesting idea, and definetly more space saving.

Went to my nearest GC looking for Lost Planet, Death Jr., Ace Combat 6, TNA Impact and Soul Calibur IV. All they had was Lost Planet which is dissapointing as I was really hoping to at least get a copy of AC6.

Turlock, CA update:

Went back, manager had arrived, he told me that the message not to give out the ad was for yesterday. Got Blue Dragon and Stranglehold for $10.73 (including tax). Would have picked up Ace Combat, but they were OOS. Got an apology too. Thanks for the heads up everyone, esp. Scorch.

Picked up:
TNA IMPACT x2
Ace Combat 6 x2
MLB 2k8
Death Jr.
Netal Gear Solid Snake Eater
Darkness

all for 30 bucks and some change.....what a haul....what a haul.....

aww damn. i just saw the B1G1 scan now. i thought it was only on those imagine games and stuff.

i bought lost planet and blue dragon, any chance i could go back in and try to get 2 games free?? do you think it would work. hell, i wouldnt even know what to say. lol

[quote name='Rollobobo']Picked up:
TNA IMPACT x2
Ace Combat 6 x2
MLB 2k8
Death Jr.
Netal Gear Solid Snake Eater
Darkness

all for 30 bucks and some change.....what a haul....what a haul.....[/quote]

Can I get a copy of TNA Impact?

I picked up Ace Combat 6, Blue Dragon, and Lost Planet.

I was the first customer and the employee didn't know about the sale till he rang them up. It was the last copy of Ace Combat 6 and he seemed a little ticked that he didn't get it for himself.

Best GameCrazy experience yet:
Warhawk - free
Ace Combat 6 - $7.19 (with MVP)
:bouncy:
Gears of War 2 - $49.49 (with MVP) with an unused Flashback Map Pack

$61.44 after tax
a little less than GoW2 new...

So these were new copies right? (AC 6..etc)?

The GC I went to didnt have any of AC 6, guy said they had one, but he couldnt find it...really went all out looking for it, for like 5 effin seconds....I got a price match at CC for it...but the girl at the counter chose to be a b*tch about it, because she had never heard of gamecrazy, and didnt know how to process a price match. Gotta love east coast customer service...

[quote name='themidnighter23']does game crazy have their ads in store? i wanna price match with BB if possible[/quote]

They did in NJ (ads in the store), and yes they games were new. Even though it's not indicated in their ad...however if you need to argue you can point out that they have a "Used" game advertisement along with ones that are not marked.

[quote name='100xp']They did in NJ (ads in the store), and yes they games were new. Even though it's not indicated in their ad...however if you need to argue you can point out that they have a "Used" game advertisement along with ones that are not marked.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks.

Got Shadowrun, The Outfit, Crackdown, and AC6 for $31 out the door w/ the B1G1 free deal. They had to call the manager to figure it out but I'm happy.

I also told them they should mention to their Microsoft vendor that no one wants the stupid Platinum Hits versions of the games. They look like they are straight out of the 80's or something.

Scored Ace Combat 6 for a friend, and the five others I wanted. First employee was cool when I got the two 4.99 games I wanted. B1G1 no problem. Then I went to see if they had any of the 9.99 titles I wanted. They did and a second employee helped me. He rang me up and asked me if I wanted to do the disk protection thing for a dollar a game. I told him I didn't and he gave me the total, but without the B1G1. I told him he forgot the B1G1 and first he told me it was for buying a 29.99 or more game-- I would get one for 18.99 or less. I showed him how the ad did not mention this, and he was in the middle of telling me that the B1G1 free does not stack with sale prices when the other guy came over and said that the B1G1 works with it since they're price changes in the system-- no coupon needed, so no clashing promotions. The second guy said he didn't have the promotion sheet and the first guy said, "Yeah, I know, gotta do it manually." The second guy started cussing and became very mad.

As he was adjusting the prices, he said, "Look, I'm going to add game guard to each of the games. It's only a dollar more and you're getting such a steal. I laughed in his face and told him, "No." He didn't say a word to me and finished the transaction. :rofl:

^ You lucky bastard.
You see you were lucky to have as least one of the employees that is competent.
But unfortunately many of us have Two of those "second" guys.
And when that happens we can do nothing but leave the store with thumbs up our asses and an empty bag.

[quote name='100xp']Their logic:
B1G1 Free - $18.99 + 1 game of equal or lesser value that isn't already maked down as a sale. So basically it meant to them that only games that aren't advertised as a SALE item can be free with the purchase of a specifically $18.99 game. Which was all of 4-5 games. i.e. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and a few others. (even though Blue Dragon was listed in that ad and in the same blocked off section of the B1G1 ad)

(all new)
I got Mass Effect for $19.99 (not part of the B1G1)
Ace Combat 6 $9.99
Darkness $4.99

I would have picked up Blue Dragon but I could tell it was shrink wrapped by them.

They told me to call Corporate but they said they would give me Darkness for free as part of the B1G1 deal. They do scan a bar code printed out and states that the marked down prices for said games are already part of a scanned bar code coup. The new guy cashier was a nice guy, the manager...seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.[/QUOTE]

That's technically how the B1G1 is supposed to be, but there's nothing that states that the games that are on sale can't be applied towards it. All of the coupons that print out to employees say that the deals cannot be stacked with other offers, so technically the guy's right.. but it's usually done anyway.

Blue Dragon had a shoddy shrink wrap job to begin with. Microsoft sent me a free copy directly and it had the same funky shrink job that the ones sent to us at GC has. GC stores don't have shrink wrap machines.

The B1G1 bar code isn't active yet so it has to be manually marked down. I love it. On the sheet of barcodes, right above the "B1G1 $18.99 and under", there's a box in the shape of a barcode, right? I go to scan it out of instinct, and it doesn't work. I look, and in that box, it says "Barcode coming soon".. seriously, what the fuck?

GC is so confusing. I wish I had a job at their front office. I'd outline the shit out of the deals, man. There'd be no confusion.

Went to 2 GameCrazy this morning and all didn't have/sold out of Ace Combat 6, the only game I wanted in this sale :bomb:

If anyone bought an extra copy of Ace Combat 6, please please PM me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to pick up Ace Combat 6 and Dark Sector for $10.81. Both were the last copy's and were gutted, but in great condition. They had sold out of TNA Impact, so I will be price matching at Best Buy.

Went to 2 GameCrazy this morning and both didn't have/sold out of Ace Combat 6, the only game I wanted in this sale :bomb:

If anyone bought an extra copy of Ace Combat 6, please please PM me...

Had to work today.. will try tomorrow when I wake up (since I haven't went to bed yet.. that might be pretty late). Wish me luck. :)

picked up Soul Cal 4 today with 20% coupon
came out to $14.77 with tax

coupon wouldn't scan, so I thought the "game advisor" (LOL) did his calculations wrong
turns out I had in-store credit from who knows when on my account

bad thing is that it didn't come with a manual, oh well, for that price i can live with no manual
now i gotta try Ace Combat out and see if its worth it

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']How long is GC running a B1G1? I'm thinking of grabbing SC4 and Frontlines. Maybe Ace Combat too.[/quote]

The B1G1 is for new games 18.99 or less. SC4 is 24.99 and Frontlines is 19.99 so neither would qualify. Although it doesn't specifically say new in this ad, SC4 is still 19.99 used which would still make it not qualify for the sale.

[quote name='Nikadimas']The B1G1 is for new games 18.99 or less. SC4 is 24.99 and Frontlines is 19.99 so neither would qualify. Although it doesn't specifically say new in this ad, SC4 is still 19.99 used which would still make it not qualify for the sale.[/QUOTE]

Bah, thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams :cry:

Went there yesterday and I got The Darkness, Lost Planet & Two Worlds. I wanted to get Ace Combat 6 but they were sold out; even on the used copies. So, I settled for 2 worlds. They charged me 5 bucks for it instead of ten. :)

[quote name='Scorch']Blue Dragon had a shoddy shrink wrap job to begin with. Microsoft sent me a free copy directly and it had the same funky shrink job that the ones sent to us at GC has.[/quote]

That was going to be my response, since the first copy of BD I had from a while ago had shrink wrap like that (if I remember correctly), but the one I got from this sale at GC had normal shrink wrap. Very strange.

Got MLB 2K8, The Darkness, and Lost Planet. Big swing and a miss so far on AC6, though (the one game I really wanted). I'm hoping that one of the three GC's around here get more copies this week. Thanks for the heads-up on this sale OP.

Thanks again for the heads up, Scorch! You, sir, reek of awesomeness.

I had to go to three different GCs before I was able to get three of the four games that I wanted: TNA, Lost Planet and the Darkness... The first two GCs didn't have ANY of the sale games (new or used), but the third one was able to help me out.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']A gag gift?

I thought gag gifts are meant to be something funny and worthless?

The Darkness is a pretty good game.[/QUOTE]

QFT sure the online sucks but the single player was fun :)

Guys if they try and tell you that sale games dont work show them the add. Blue Dragon (and I think MGS) are both pictured where it shows the B1G1.

I SCORED !!!

Gamecrazy #1 - I picked up Crackdown & Ace Combat 6 (both keepers for me) for only $14.95! The guy tried charging $24.95 first but once I showed him the add he fixed it to the b1g1. Easy / Quick Transaction.

Gamecrazy #2 - This may have been my best game transaction ever! So they have Two Worlds, TNA Impact, Lost Planet & The Darkness. The case on LP was damaged so they said they would replace it if I wanted to open the case. The one worker opened a sealed GTA promo disc (same as reg 360 case) and took the art work from a used LP game. Not only that he told the other employee checking me out to do two seperate transactions so I got the b1g1 on the $10 and then the $5 (so $15 total instead of $20). Then they guy checking me out tells me I have $14 and change credit that I was unaware of. All said 4 games for like $1.60.

Side note I am trading Two Worlds, Lost Planet and possibly TNA. Please check my trade list!

bread's done
Back