GameCrazy Price Drop Thread

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I decided to make one thread and every time I receive a list of price drops, or someone PM's me a list or whatever, I will update the OP. This list has a new format as of 6/30/07. These are the prices that they will ring up at the register, despite what the sticker price says. I hope this new format is easier to read for you.

The price format is as follows: new/used. Example: 19.99/14.99.. 20 new, 15 used. If the price has --, it means the price was not changed. Example: Madden 07 --/14.99 means that the new price was not changed.

MVP Pricing Guide! If the used price is the price on the left, the price on the right is what the price would be with MVP!

54.99/49.49
49.99/44.99
44.99/40.49
39.99/36.99
34.99/31.49
29.99/26.99
24.99/22.50
19.99/17.99
14.99/13.49
12.99/11.79
9.99/8.99
7.99/7.19
4.99/4.49

=============================================
8/8

PS3
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

X360
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

=============================================
7/29

PS2

Need For Speed Underground 2 --/9.99
Women's Volleyball Championship 14.99/--

PS3
Motorstorm 29.99/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Resistance 29.99/19.99
Uncharted --/39.99
Warhawk 29.99/19.99
Warhawk Bundle 49.99/--
WWE Smackdown 2008 39.99/29.99

PSP
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 19.99/14.99

Wii
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 29.99/19.99

X360
Bioshock --/29.99
Bully --/24.99
Call of Duty 3 --/14.99
Conan --/17.99
Dead or Alive 4 --/17.99
Def Jam Icon --/19.99
FEAR --/14.99
FIFA 08 --/34.99
Fight Night Round 3 --/19.99
Guitar Hero 2 w/o Guitar --/24.99
Halo 3 --/39.99
Incredible Hulk --/44.99
Iron Man --/44.99
Juiced 2 --/17.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga --/34.99
NBA 2K8 --/24.99
Need For Speed Carbon --/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Shadowrun --/17.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 --/14.99
Two Worlds --/24.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08 39.99/29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='varsitygamer']whoa, so I could get an HD-DVD drive for the 360 for $139.99 pre-MVP discount? (I would sign up since I haven't yet)... I don't even have a 360 yet, but it's definitely worth checking to see if my GameCrazy has one.

How much is MVP? It'd probably be paid off by the 20% discount I'd get, huh?[/quote]

You would be making money if you signed up. If they have it used for $139.99, the MVP price is $125.99.. the 20% knocks it to right around $112 plus tax. The MVP costs $20 to sign up, so that's $119.99, then the 20% would put you at $112.. so you'd completely make up the difference. Free MVP + saves you $8 more.

[quote name='Scorch']8/1 drops up, holy crap @ Wii drops![/quote]Impressive. Most impressive.

Though, TMNT on the 360 just cracks me up on the pricing.

Comes out at $49.99.
Drops down to $19.99 about a month ago.
Goes back up to $49.99 two weeks ago.
Back down to $29.99 now.

Official WTF to GC's marketing department on that. :whistle2:s

Since most of these are EA price drops, I hope that means they're universal because there aren't any Gamecrazy locations at all in south Florida - almost an impossibility since we have at least 3 shopping centers or malls per square mile around here!

Thanks for the update Scorch. I must say I'm glad I bit on TMNT for the 360 when it was $19.99. And if it wasn't for you I probably would have missed that entirely as it never got marked as such at most of the GC's around here. My boys have both played through the entire game so it was definitely worth it. (I'm saving my play through for easy points on any future achievement challenge :lol:).

I was also able to use several Wii copies (both new and used) in the trade 2 deal at EB/GS, and now have a nice copy of Mario Strikers (with many more preorders to come this Fall) as a result of that. In fact, I'm a-gonna go play right now, bye.

Thanks for the heads-up, Scorch. Godfather and Blur are looking good, but I can still wait on those getting sub-$20 with all the goodness coming out this fall.

I might see if I can locate a used TMNT for GBA, that wouldn't be a bad deal.

SSX Blur and Tiger Woods 07 for $25 each sounds like a sick deal. It's too bad the new Tiger Woods game is coming out already later this month. But yeah, it might not be a bad idea to pick it up.

How much does it cost to sign up for the MVP thing? Because with that 20% off promotion I would get $10 off those two games, correct?

And these are permanent price drops? Because I won't be able to hit one of these stores until August 24, it seems.

[quote name='Farny']SSX Blur and Tiger Woods 07 for $25 each sounds like a sick deal. It's too bad the new Tiger Woods game is coming out already later this month. But yeah, it might not be a bad idea to pick it up.

How much does it cost to sign up for the MVP thing? Because with that 20% off promotion I would get $10 off those two games, correct?

And these are permanent price drops? Because I won't be able to hit one of these stores until August 24, it seems.[/quote]

Should be permanent. And Yes, you would get $5 off each of them, so the MVP would cost $10 to sign up. The 20% bonus would put each game at 19.99 used, the MVP would be $9.99, so 49.99 for Tiger and SSX and an MVP membership. Not bad.

Good luck finding TMNT on GBA guys.. GC stores never received it new, the only way they'd have it is if someone traded it in. I had to pick my copy up at TRU.

During the extra 50% off deal they had, I tried to trade in a second copy of GH II for the X360. However, they wouldnt take it without the guitar, not because they didnt want it, but because they said it wasnt in the system yet (game only)

Do you have a price on the trade in for GHII for X360 game only?

[quote name='Scorch']It was a new concept that the company's trying out. It's called a "sale". :)

Either $68 or $70 last I checked[/quote]

So, if I trade in my PSP now, does that extra 20% include game systems? Making my trade $70 + 20% = $84?

[quote name='s4alex']So, if I trade in my PSP now, does that extra 20% include game systems? Making my trade $70 + 20% = $84?[/quote]
No. I've stated time and time again that the MVP only bumps up used games and accessories, not hardware.

Do you have a price on the trade in for GHII for X360 game only?
The employee you talked with was correct. During the 50% trade bump, GH2 (Game Only) was not in the system. It is now, but unfortunately, GC doesn't take it game only - the computer lists a value of $0.00 for it.

Yeah I really got out good. My friend had MVP and needed to renew his subscription, so he renewed it and the dude let me take advantage of his 20% off. So i picked up Tiger 07 SSX Blur and and NCAA 08 for around 75$! it was awesome. Tiger and SSX rang up as 19.99 each...and i found a used NCAA 08 copy that cost me 35.99 or something...it was awesome.

Those 8/1 drops are not "holy crap great drops." They are gay drops. If I could digg you -1mil I would. Instead I'm giving you the finger. Right now.

[quote name='redgopher']Those 8/1 drops are not "holy crap great drops." They are gay drops. If I could digg you -1mil I would. Instead I'm giving you the finger. Right now.[/QUOTE]

What have you contributed to CAG lately?
The finger goes to you ass-clown.

Thanks for the update Scorch.

[quote name='unforeseen']What have you contributed to CAG lately?

Thanks for the update Scorch.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

[quote name='unforeseen']What have you contributed to CAG lately?

Thanks for the update Scorch.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Thank you Scorch. Any kind of price drop is informative and most likely a universal drop from GameCrazy. They're a great heads up and are appreciated a bunch.

[quote name='redgopher']What have you contributed to CAG lately?

Thanks for the update Scorch.[/quote]Yep. Nothing for me with the 8/1 update, but it is nice to know what's out there. If it weren't for Scorch and his 50%-promo thread, I wouldn't have the awesome credit that I've piled up at GC. Now, his GC price drop threads are even more helpful for me to see what I could get to use up that credit.

Just like fido's Frys thread, vahn's guide tip-offs, and speedy's CC/Target/BB threads, Scorch and the aforementioned are doing a great (free) service for all of us.

[quote name='speedracer']Grabbed SSX Blur at the new wife-friendly price. Thanks Scorch.[/quote]

cheers.gif

Glad some of you are finding use of the drops!

Instead I'm giving you the finger. Right now.

Which finger? I could use a pointer. All this typing is taking its toll.

I was going to post the drops because, like Scorch, I think a good chunk of them are great prices. Thanks for all your hard work, man.
A price drop that was not listed, that was on the sheet is "PS2- Smackdown/Raw 2007 $19.99/$14.99". We sold our used copies in like 15 mins as soon as people realized it dropped $20. I'm surprised it dropped that far down, we sell them like crazy at $35 still. $25 for that game is great...but $15 is awesome.
The Tiger Woods drastic drop surprised me also.

Thanks Scorch! Tempted now to get Godfather for 360, it seems interesting. Also glad to see NBA Street Homecourt dropping, hopefully it will drop even lower in the next few months.

[quote name='ctice44']I was going to post the drops because, like Scorch, I think a good chunk of them are great prices. Thanks for all your hard work, man.
A price drop that was not listed, that was on the sheet is "PS2- Smackdown/Raw 2007 $19.99/$14.99". We sold our used copies in like 15 mins as soon as people realized it dropped $20. I'm surprised it dropped that far down, we sell them like crazy at $35 still. $25 for that game is great...but $15 is awesome.
The Tiger Woods drastic drop surprised me also.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I remember seeing that in the system at work tonight but I forgot to mark it down in the thread.

[quote name='Blade70']Man, my Gamecrazy closed down about 5 month ago! I wish it was still there :([/QUOTE]

WTF? Is there notice in advance because I have over $250 in store credit at mine?!?

Damm, thanks a lot for the updates. Now what to get...Godfather for Wii or WWE Raw vs. Smackdown for 360...someone help me out lol.

[quote name='Sockey']What are the chances of my Game Crazy still having a copy of Phoenix Wright 2? When did it drop to $15.00?[/quote]

Used? I dunno. High liklihood of having it new, though. It dropped on whatever date the drop is listed under. Either 7/24 or 7/25.

Went over to my local GC, was hoping that maybe they would let me renew to take advantage of the 20%. No go, I guess since my MVP doesnt expire until next year sometime, they cant do it.

So, I just did my trades, would have been nice to get an extra 7-10 on my trades and an extra 7.50 discount on my buys, but ohwell.

I did manage to pick up SSX Blur, Smack Down for 360, and Tiger for 360 (was hoping to get this for the PS3, but they didnt have a used on instock)

[quote name='s4alex']Went over to my local GC, was hoping that maybe they would let me renew to take advantage of the 20%. No go, I guess since my MVP doesnt expire until next year sometime, they cant do it.

So, I just did my trades, would have been nice to get an extra 7-10 on my trades and an extra 7.50 discount on my buys, but ohwell.

I did manage to pick up SSX Blur, Smack Down for 360, and Tiger for 360 (was hoping to get this for the PS3, but they didnt have a used on instock)[/quote]
You can renew your MVP as long as it's within 1 year from the expiration date (and the only way it wouldn't be is in an instance like this. Let's say it expires in December.. you renew today.. then it expires December 08.. and you couldn't renew until December 07. Did you renew it when they were doing the 50% promotion?)

Anyway, yeah, you can renew it and get the 20%, i've been doing it all week.

[quote name='Sockey']What are the chances of my Game Crazy still having a copy of Phoenix Wright 2? When did it drop to $15.00?[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I missed that one. I'm definitely going to look for that (new or used) ASAP.

It's kinda odd seeing that some of the MVP discounts are better than the employee discounts... but looking at previous drops, this doesn't seem to be all that uncommon. Boy-oh-boy does HV/GC love MVP...

[quote name='Scorch']
Catz 19.99/14.99
Dogz 19.99/14.99
Hamsterz Life 2 19.99/14.99
Horsez 19.99/14.99
[/quote]

Hahaha! The added 'z' represents quality I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up Scorch.

I went to my favorite Gamecrazy to pick up a Picross they were saving for me and got a mint used Phoenix Wright 2 for $13.49. Thanks again Scorch!

[quote name='Kingfalcon']It's kinda odd seeing that some of the MVP discounts are better than the employee discounts... but looking at previous drops, this doesn't seem to be all that uncommon. Boy-oh-boy does HV/GC love MVP...[/quote]

The MVP price is 10% off. Employees get 20% off. MVP discounts never get a better discount than employees. MVP renewals get 20% off for one transaction, but that's the same as the employee discount. But you'll never see something like 30% off with MVP as long as employees get 20% off.

[quote name='Scorch']You can renew your MVP as long as it's within 1 year from the expiration date (and the only way it wouldn't be is in an instance like this. Let's say it expires in December.. you renew today.. then it expires December 08.. and you couldn't renew until December 07. Did you renew it when they were doing the 50% promotion?)

Anyway, yeah, you can renew it and get the 20%, i've been doing it all week.[/quote]

Yeah, during the 50% promotion I had to renew it then. It was actually expired and went ahead.

[quote name='Scorch']The MVP price is 10% off. Employees get 20% off. MVP discounts never get a better discount than employees. MVP renewals get 20% off for one transaction, but that's the same as the employee discount. But you'll never see something like 30% off with MVP as long as employees get 20% off.[/quote] Ah thanks for clearing that up. I looked closer at the first post and I realized I was an idiot and was reading X/Y as non-MVP/MVP rather than new/used. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back