GameCrazy Price Drop Thread

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I decided to make one thread and every time I receive a list of price drops, or someone PM's me a list or whatever, I will update the OP. This list has a new format as of 6/30/07. These are the prices that they will ring up at the register, despite what the sticker price says. I hope this new format is easier to read for you.

The price format is as follows: new/used. Example: 19.99/14.99.. 20 new, 15 used. If the price has --, it means the price was not changed. Example: Madden 07 --/14.99 means that the new price was not changed.

MVP Pricing Guide! If the used price is the price on the left, the price on the right is what the price would be with MVP!

54.99/49.49
49.99/44.99
44.99/40.49
39.99/36.99
34.99/31.49
29.99/26.99
24.99/22.50
19.99/17.99
14.99/13.49
12.99/11.79
9.99/8.99
7.99/7.19
4.99/4.49

=============================================
8/8

PS3
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

X360
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

=============================================
7/29

PS2

Need For Speed Underground 2 --/9.99
Women's Volleyball Championship 14.99/--

PS3
Motorstorm 29.99/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Resistance 29.99/19.99
Uncharted --/39.99
Warhawk 29.99/19.99
Warhawk Bundle 49.99/--
WWE Smackdown 2008 39.99/29.99

PSP
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 19.99/14.99

Wii
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 29.99/19.99

X360
Bioshock --/29.99
Bully --/24.99
Call of Duty 3 --/14.99
Conan --/17.99
Dead or Alive 4 --/17.99
Def Jam Icon --/19.99
FEAR --/14.99
FIFA 08 --/34.99
Fight Night Round 3 --/19.99
Guitar Hero 2 w/o Guitar --/24.99
Halo 3 --/39.99
Incredible Hulk --/44.99
Iron Man --/44.99
Juiced 2 --/17.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga --/34.99
NBA 2K8 --/24.99
Need For Speed Carbon --/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Shadowrun --/17.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 --/14.99
Two Worlds --/24.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08 39.99/29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a new copy of HOTD 2 and 3 for 20$ at gamecrazy...I almost bought it at Walmart for 30$ an hour before....I decided to check GC and it was a whole 10$ cheaper.

I

Looking at my VF5 receipt...

I was charged a $1.00 Gameguard 14.99 or less fee. If that's normal practice, it's fine, but I wish the dude would've told me.

[quote name='primetime']Looking at my VF5 receipt...

I was charged a $1.00 Gameguard 14.99 or less fee. If that's normal practice, it's fine, but I wish the dude would've told me.[/quote]

Is that policy? If not, he's scamming customers and padding his numbers. While I'm pretty sure GC is nuts about that and selling high margin products may mean the difference between having a job and being unemployed, it's still a scumbag move for the consumer and you should get a refund. In addition, I'd write the district manager or above about it.

[quote name='Blinkman987']Is that policy? If not, he's scamming customers and padding his numbers. While I'm pretty sure GC is nuts about that and selling high margin products may mean the difference between having a job and being unemployed, it's still a scumbag move for the consumer and you should get a refund. In addition, I'd write the district manager or above about it.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll wait for Scorch to chime in before I do anything about it.

The guy was nice but definitely was a few cards short of a...well you know.

I picked up VF5 today. It was still marked 22.99 or something, but sure enough it rang up 9.99 Awesome deal!

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I recommend that everyone buys MLB Power Pros. At $20, it is a steal.[/quote]

IS that new for PS2 or Wii? Bought it (PS2 version) used at Gamerush a few weeks ago for $13.99 used.

[quote name='Bullitt24']Im gettin VF5 for 9.99. Great deal + I get the discount with there card[/quote]

That's an incredible deal for the PS3 version only right? I spent quite a bit to get that game via the 25% Gamestop 360 coupon deal a while ago but $9.99...that's awesome.

I don't know if it's just me but VF5 seemed sorta... Eh. For $10, it's a great deal though. No doubt about that. But for someone who played a lot of VF4 and VF4Evo, it seems pretty much the same except prettier and with a blantant ripoff of Rey Mysterio. If you absolutely loved the VF series, go for it. It also helps to have people who you can play versus with.

[quote name='JJSP']:wii: No More Heroes is down to $19.99/17.99 (without/with MVP) used.[/quote]

Thanks, I had forgotten to add that. I saw it, but it didn't print off on an official price drop list.

Is that policy? If not, he's scamming customers and padding his numbers. While I'm pretty sure GC is nuts about that and selling high margin products may mean the difference between having a job and being unemployed, it's still a scumbag move for the consumer and you should get a refund. In addition, I'd write the district manager or above about it.
it's not policy and he's padding his numbers.

/edit: yes, VF5 at 9.99 is PS3 only.

Man they must be giving like 2$ trade in value for VF5 if they are selling it for 9.99 now..

If Hollywood Video has B1G1 for games, does GameCrazy have the same deal? Also if you purchase something from GameCrazy can goto a Hollywood video to return it?

[quote name='Scorch']

it's not policy and he's padding his numbers.

[/quote]

Gotcha. Now when will I find the time to take care of it. The reason that even got by today was because I was in such a hurry.

Thanks

[quote name='Bad']Man they must be giving like 2$ trade in value for VF5 if they are selling it for 9.99 now..[/quote]

I think it's $5

Also if you purchase something from GameCrazy can goto a Hollywood video to return it?

Can you return a Target Exclusive item to Wal-Mart?

[quote name='Scorch']Can you return a Target Exclusive item to Wal-Mart?[/quote]

No, but you can return Walmart items at Super Walmart and Target items at Super Target. I'm assuming GameCrazy is just a part of Hollywood Video, since its located inside one and their prices are exactly the same except that GameCrazy has MVP prices too. Kind of like me assuming I can return GameRush games at any blockbuster.

[quote name='ets']If Hollywood Video has B1G1 for games, does GameCrazy have the same deal? Also if you purchase something from GameCrazy can goto a Hollywood video to return it?[/quote]

The staff at my GameCrazy is super helpful and always goes the extra mile in confirming that they have things on sale for me and I remember asking them a question about a sale Hollywood Video was having. They told me that Hollywood Videos that do not have GameCrazys attached to them sell of their rental copies (usually without cases/manuals) at higher prices than you'll see at GameCrazy so to move some of the inventory they'll have sales like the B1G1 but unfortunately, GameCrazy isn't involved with those sales.

I remember a little while ago Hollywood Video was having a 3 for $20 on games $14.99 and under and I thought I would be able to clean up at GameCrazy but they could not find any mention of such as sale at their store.

[quote name='Nikadimas']The staff at my GameCrazy is super helpful and always goes the extra mile in confirming that they have things on sale for me and I remember asking them a question about a sale Hollywood Video was having. They told me that Hollywood Videos that do not have GameCrazys attached to them sell of their rental copies (usually without cases/manuals) at higher prices than you'll see at GameCrazy so to move some of the inventory they'll have sales like the B1G1 but unfortunately, GameCrazy isn't involved with those sales.

I remember a little while ago Hollywood Video was having a 3 for $20 on games $14.99 and under and I thought I would be able to clean up at GameCrazy but they could not find any mention of such as sale at their store.[/quote]

Thx for the help, exactly the type of info I was looking for to save me from a road trip. I've been exploring HVs and have found some games with the original cover and new games marked as used. But in most cases they are HV case arts. I guess my alternate will be to attempt to purchase games from different HVs and try to return and rebuy at one store to try to get the promo.

Questions:
*How rare is Sonic and the Secret Rings now? If i go into my average store should i be able to find it for $10 used?

*I heard there was a Crisis Core deal for $30? Is that long gone now?

*Is No More Heroes $20 new?

Thanks!

[quote name='abhinav']*Is No More Heroes $20 new?

Thanks![/quote]
No More Heroes should be $29.99 new, $19.99 used ($17.99 with MVP). Scorch can correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be about standard pricing for new/used games at Gamecrazy.

[quote name='abhinav']Questions:
*How rare is Sonic and the Secret Rings now? If i go into my average store should i be able to find it for $10 used?

*I heard there was a Crisis Core deal for $30? Is that long gone now?

*Is No More Heroes $20 new?

Thanks![/quote]

#1 - Probably
#2 - Yes, ended last week
#3 - $30 new, $20 used.

Scorch can correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be about standard pricing for new/used games at Gamecrazy.
There's no rhyme or reason to the pricing. If it's $29.99 new, it's usually $24.99 used, but the $29/$19 seems to be a new trend (Nascar 08, NCAA 08, Madden 08, Simpsons, No More Heroes)

I might have to pick up Condemned 2 again. Still pissed I got scammed on that because I would've played through it again.

[quote name='primetime']Looking at my VF5 receipt...

I was charged a $1.00 Gameguard 14.99 or less fee. If that's normal practice, it's fine, but I wish the dude would've told me.[/quote]Without asking you? They ALWAYS ask me before charging...I always get it also.

[quote name='Persona7']Without asking you? They ALWAYS ask me before charging...I always get it also.[/quote]

Well I'm not gonna go get a refund for a dollar, but yeah he didn't ask me. If I don't need any documentation or anything for gameguard then it's fine, but at the same time it's shady. I'll likely call corporate.

On topic, I forgot how much I love VF.

Went to the GameCrazy on 30th and Willamette in Eugene, OR. Saw my friend who works there, although he was on crutches because he fucked up his ankle playing basketball outside. He was just picking up Boom Blox (Wii). The store also hired a new employee (pretty cute if you ask me, tall and blonde). Unfortunately, while they had 2 used copies of Virtua Fighter 5, both were Hollywood ex-rentals with the rental case and no manual. Couldn't get myself to fork over the $9.99 because of it...

More items for me to pass on this time around. It'd be nice to find penny guides but knowing my luck I'd find squat. Thanks anyhow for heads up OP.

If someone where to pick up a copy of The Orange Box (360), i have Mass Effect and Bioshock (and other games on my list) readily available to be traded. Both games are like new, perfect condition.

Please.

I'll pick up a used copy of skate for $30 if I can find something to trade in for it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']i was at gamecrazy yesterday and the prices werent updated what should i do?[/quote]

is that a joke?

regardless of if they're not updated on the floor, they will scan at the prices i list.

unless they go back up.

which would suck. but i don't think that will happen

i have a mini-gamecrazy located inside of a hollywood video. i never notice the prices on CAG to ever be in line with the store. should i have them scan the games in for me? The games are behind glass cases? anyone here has mini-gamecrazy stores like this?

Nothing too great from recent price drops, I mean, if I really wanted any of those games I would have paid $30 used on eBay weeks or months ago.

[quote name='deletion']i have a mini-gamecrazy located inside of a hollywood video. i never notice the prices on CAG to ever be in line with the store. should i have them scan the games in for me? The games are behind glass cases? anyone here has mini-gamecrazy stores like this?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the prices there. These prices are for the stores attached to Hollywood Video, but not the Mini-GCs. The Mini-GCs are expanding out this year a bit so you should start seeing more pop up. I dunno, I don't see why the new prices wouldn't be what they are at normal GC's. Have them scan a game and see, it'll be good to know for this thread.

Just as an FYI.... Xbox 360s with the Hard drive just dropped $20 to $279. You might even get lucky and find one with an HDMI port...since those are the same price. Also, if you have a system to trade in you get a bonus $10 in trade.
Also, the PS3 service contracts have been $70 as long as I could remember and has finally dropped in price to $39 (same price as a 360 SC) for one year. Anybody out there getting a new MGS PS3 or a used PS3 don't have to be sticker shocked over the price of a SC now.

bread's done
Back