GameCrazy - Tekken 5 Arcade Bundle 29.99

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Local stores here are still stocked with tons of these and it finally dropped today. EB clearanced it out a long ass time ago.. dropped from 69.99 to 29.99 today!

New price, of course.. don't think GC takes them in used.

Managed to beat the human Ferengi to the punch and got one here in Columbus. The stick is pretty nice, all told, and I now have all the Tekkens, so the DVD case is a pretty sweet bonus and not wasted. Thanks OP!

I got the last one at the Apex, NC store. The guy working was really surprised, he had been checking it every day for a drop until recently.

[quote name='nonggame']WOW, looks at all the bitches who can't take a little joke. Stop crying !!! Even if I buy 3 sticks , what is your problem anyhow ? 1 for me , 1 for my bro, and 1 for my girl.[/QUOTE]

Kid, only 1 "stick" for your girl, I know her, she gets waaaaay more "stick" then that, come on.....everybody who has given his girl a "stick" please raise a hand....

[quote name='romodome']Kid, only 1 "stick" for your girl, I know her, she gets waaaaay more "stick" then that, come on.....everybody who has given his girl a "stick" please raise a hand....[/QUOTE]
Are you saying your mom is a whore ? ^__^;

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']And I suppose if your order for 50 copies of a game went through at Deep Discount you have 49 family members to give out copies to.[/QUOTE]
Are you really that stupid ? Please don't have kid. ^___^

[quote name='onikage']I got the last one at the Apex, NC store. The guy working was really surprised, he had been checking it every day for a drop until recently.[/QUOTE]

I just came back from there and was suprised to see it was gone :)

[quote name='Decker']Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I picked up one new one today here in LV. Left the opened used one they also had (the sales girl seemed surprised I didn't want a used one). It looks like an amazing stick; can't wait to try it out with Tekken 5 and Virtua Fighter 4 Evo. Too bad I already bought the game, but maybe I'll ebay this sealed copy for like $10 to offset the cost.

If there's a cheapass in Vegas who wants one, it was the Game Crazy at Lake Mead & Buffalo.[/quote]

I got mine today in LV also went to the one off Craig in North LV but they sold the last one today but ended up driving to the one off Nellis and Stewart and pick it up. so far its pretty good, using it with my SF roms on my comp and U64 Killer Instinct roms (not the snes version, which is crappy) cant wait to try it with Virtua Fighter 5! BTW is tekken5 for PSN online capable? just wondering.

update: seems that this stick isnt compatible with VF5 for ps3, the stick works during the ps media bar before the game runs, but once the game is loaded, only the game buttons work but not the stick itself. Total disappointment, but works great with Tekken on ps3, i guess....

Grabbed one earlier this morning. Seems most gamecrazy worker drones in my area are indifferent when it comes to games, then again he was pretty busy chatting it up about that hot girl working drive through at tacobell... Thanks again, OP

Just picked up a few sticks for Mikomicon. Perfect for 3rd Strike, CvS2, Soul Calibur, and obvioualy Tekken. Also have a spare for anyone in the 818 (since all of our GCs are gone).

[quote name='icarusmight']I got mine today in LV also went to the one off Craig in North LV but they sold the last one today but ended up driving to the one off Nellis and Stewart and pick it up. so far its pretty good, using it with my SF roms on my comp and U64 Killer Instinct roms (not the snes version, which is crappy) cant wait to try it with Virtua Fighter 5! BTW is tekken5 for PSN online capable? just wondering.

update: seems that this stick isnt compatible with VF5 for ps3, the stick works during the ps media bar before the game runs, but once the game is loaded, only the game buttons work but not the stick itself. Total disappointment, but works great with Tekken on ps3, i guess....[/QUOTE]

Try using it with the Pelican converter...

[quote name='waxHead']Wasn't there a link inside one of the Tekken 5 bundle threads with info about replacing the Hori parts w/ Sanwa parts? Or was that the SF Anniv arcade stick? I searched around and didn't find much.

I have two of the Tekken 5 sticks and thought it would be pretty cool to put real arcade stick parts in them.[/QUOTE]

This was the website that originally had the modification guide for the Tekken 5 stick.

http://himuragames.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=techinfo&action=display&num=1109887687

Unfortunately the pictures are all down, so you'll have to do it without the benefit of a visual aid.

If I could just address any fence-sitters : Buy it. Buy it now. It's an amazing stick. I just spent the past few hours playing Tekken 5, VF 4 Evo and Soul Cailbur 3 and all were awesome. What a difference a high-quality arcarde stick makes, even if it's huge and weighs a fucking ton. It's SO worth thirty bucks, if you don't pick it up you'll regert it.

I think I'll get one. I already have one, but we always have to swap who has the good stick and who doesn't so this will solve that.

[quote name='toneroni']i was gonna sell my 2 sticks but i think imma keep them now since i jsut bought those ps2/ps3 adapters. Would really love to tear open one of them and replace the parts. I might try making my SF Anniversary stick 360 compatible. I saw that on a site somewhere. Do you guys think the square gate for the Tekken sticks will hurt playing street fighter and 2d fighters such as those? (lotta half circle quarter circle turns etc).[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind the stock stick and want a really cheap mod for the stick, purchase a Sanwa octagonal gate. You have to drill two holes in it so that it mounts properly with stock stick, but it's a cheap and simple mod to turn the stick from a square gate to an octagonal gate. There was a thread on SRK about it, but I think it got deleted or something.

[quote name='Decker']If I could just address any fence-sitters : Buy it. Buy it now. It's an amazing stick. I just spent the past few hours playing Tekken 5, VF 4 Evo and Soul Cailbur 3 and all were awesome. What a difference a high-quality arcarde stick makes, even if it's huge and weighs a fucking ton. It's SO worth thirty bucks, if you don't pick it up you'll regert it.[/quote]

I got this when it first came out, it was worth the $100 dollars than and worth the $30 now, ten if you take out $20 for cost of the game. Great Deal.

is this stick better then the Street fighter Anniversary one? I already have that one, and kind of on the fence in getting another arcade stick (really just need one), but this is a great deal just kind of trying to save money right now.

trust me, It's a really good stick. I have 2 for myself and I have bought multiples for CAG's. And as far as I know, they are extremely satisfied with it.

[quote name='tenzor']is this stick better then the Street fighter Anniversary one? I already have that one, and kind of on the fence in getting another arcade stick (really just need one), but this is a great deal just kind of trying to save money right now.[/quote]

How about i give you $30 for your Street Fighter stick & you can buy the Tekken 5 stick..The Tekken stick is way nicer but i need a Street Fighter stick as i only have one...

the SF stick is not that good as I've heard in terms of reviews I would reccomend getting the T5 stick you can't go wrong with a bundle like that for 30 bucks. I was playing alpha anthology the other day it does feel a bit weird playing 2d fighters...

After spending a few minutes with this stick, I came to a couple of conclusions.

1) I suck at Tekken 5.
2) The stick is really good. Well worth $30. I can't wait to try it with VF4 Evo.

the SF anniversary stick looks great, but its made by Nuby Tech. so it has cheaper, crappy parts. although you could buy Happ parts with it. i believe nuby tech still sells it on ebay (the ones they refurbished) and if i can recall they did sell some of them with Happ parts installed in them but for alot more.

on the other hand, if you want to play SF, the Tekken 5 stick is the best. since it is made by Hori. it is a pretty nice stick, if you dont mind the nice little printed Tekken 5 graphic.

is this the same as the Sony Playstation 3 Fighting Stick by Hori that is out right now for $40?
41PSbRpIa0L._AA280_.jpg

if so then ill take this stick back...

[quote name='refusedchaos']is this the same as the Sony Playstation 3 Fighting Stick by Hori that is out right now for $40?
41PSbRpIa0L._AA280_.jpg

if so then ill take this stick back...[/quote]

i havent really looked at into this stick.. is it ps2 compatible?

[quote name='phear3d']i havent really looked at into this stick.. is it ps2 compatible?[/quote]

Please look at page 1 for answer, there is an adapter you need....

I usually miss out on these types of deals, but I managed to snag the last one at my Game Crazy. (Eagan MN) Woohoo!

[quote name='phear3d']i havent really looked at into this stick.. is it ps2 compatible?[/QUOTE]
ps2 games for ps3? yea...

[quote name='dbz4ever']Please look at page 1 for answer, there is an adapter you need....[/QUOTE]
he is talking about the ps3 fighting stick

they are bearly getting ride of these... time to wait for the new wireless ones... I like spoiling myself everyones in awhile :)

nice find

Sounds like quite a few employees don't realize it went down in price. Bad idea to give them a call and ask if they could hold onto one if they have any?

I just picked it up, it was still marked at $69.99, and when the employee rang it up he was all surprised. Anyway the stick is great, and I am loving it. Anyone else try using this on their PS3? The joystick doesn't seem to work on my PS3, I can only use the Start, Select, and every other button except the joystick part. However it works flawlessly on my PS2 though. Maybe I just have a bad PS2/PS3 controller converter or something, but it worked fine with my Street fighter Stick.

The one at Hillside Avenue in New York had the sticks marked as $29.99. They only had 3 left, so I got 2 so that me and my bro could compete with the arcade stick. They had 1 left by the time I left, but it may be gone now.

I picked up two tonight and the clerk let me trade one of the Tekken 5s in towards the purchase which saved me about 7 bucks. I thought that was pretty nice.

[quote name='tenzor']I just picked it up, it was still marked at $69.99, and when the employee rang it up he was all surprised. Anyway the stick is great, and I am loving it. Anyone else try using this on their PS3? The joystick doesn't seem to work on my PS3, I can only use the Start, Select, and every other button except the joystick part. However it works flawlessly on my PS2 though. Maybe I just have a bad PS2/PS3 controller converter or something, but it worked fine with my Street fighter Stick.[/QUOTE]

If you want to get the best out of the stick, use the Pelican PS2 to PS3 adapter....

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/pelican-usb-converter/

[quote name='Teeheehee']The one at Hillside Avenue in New York had the sticks marked as $29.99. They only had 3 left, so I got 2 so that me and my bro could compete with the arcade stick. They had 1 left by the time I left, but it may be gone now.[/quote]

I saw them there the other day when i picked up blitz and dead rising, you're lucky i left them there ;) . Nice to see a local CAG here. Those sticks are pretty fun.

Picked the last one up at the Greenville SC Pelham Rd. Gamecrazy on Friday Night. As others mentioned, it was marked 69.99 and was quite dusty on it's high perch. I had them scan it and it came up at $29.99 to the clerks' amazement. I bought it to use with my Pelican PS2-PS3 adapter since my SF Anniversary Stick is one of the ones that won't work on PS3 for some reason.

Anyway, the stick works great with PS3, played Tekken 5 : DR and SF Alpha Anthology with it this weekend. Again, I'm using the Pelican adapter.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='toneroni']I saw them there the other day when i picked up blitz and dead rising, you're lucky i left them there ;) . Nice to see a local CAG here. Those sticks are pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for not hoarding them! I agree, some fun stuff, though I'm better with a dpad than a stick, but maybe that'll change someday.

Picked the only one up at Gamecrazy in Eastgate Ohio. Haven't tried it out yet, though I did pick up the Pelican converter at EB so I can try it with VF 5.
The Gamecrazy manager who rung me up was surprized and said "Wow, you got all of this stuff for the normal price of that bundle" when I picked up the stick, 2 Blitzes and Okami Strat Guide. Happiness ensues! :)

Saw three of them at two out of three stores. Picked up one and left the rest for others to find. They were still marked 69.99 but the guys knew the price had dropped.

I managed to get one, thanks OP! They had opened the box to display the guts at one time, but the game itself is still a sealed non-GH 1st printing.

bread's done
Back