Gamecrazys aren't that bad

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Yesterday I went into a GameCrazy to get my Final Fantasy 9 buffed. This is one of the first times I've been to one. There was this one employee there that was very nice. I was talking to him about video games for awhile and in the end I got a discount. :applause: I'm not trying to say all GameCrazys have nice employees and stuff, but I'm going to go to that Gamecrazy more often.

[quote name='Irukandji']has nothing to do with the store. the was just cool. it's hard to find cool people.[/quote]
Yes it is

I've only been to a gamecrazy in hagerstown MD, but I liked it and picked up a copy of Godzilla Save the Earth for the PS2 for like 7 dollars. My friend swears by them. I didn't get any hassle like when I've gone to my local gamestop.

I wish I had one in Rockville.

[quote name='probablysober']I've only been to a gamecrazy in hagerstown MD, but I liked it and picked up a copy of Godzilla Save the Earth for the PS2 for like 7 dollars. My friend swears by them. I didn't get any hassle like when I've gone to my local gamestop.

I wish I had one in Rockville.[/quote]That is also my "local" Gamecrazy (if you call an hour's drive from Cumberland "local")

My only complaint is that the Hagerstown and Frederick stores recently gutted all of their new games to put them out on the shelves a la Gamestop

Noooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

[quote name='cranguy']My only complaint is that the Hagerstown and Frederick stores recently gutted all of their new games to put them out on the shelves a la Gamestop

Noooooooooooooooooooo :cry:[/quote]

It's a new business model they're testing out. Should be only one game gutted, the rest are sealed. Some stores also got expanded with this new model. Only some stores are doing this, they've halted expanding more stores.. I know why they stopped, but I don't think I'm supposed to say anything. You'll find out in late 2009/early 2010 :)

[quote name='LeafPanda']Yeah their used games don't look so good, but I think their layout of games is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

From my used copy of Godzilla Save The Earth and the numerous used games my friend bought they all looked like new for really good prices (compared to Gamestop at least).

Getting pre-order bonuses has been a constant hassle for me at Gamecrazy. Certain employees tend to horde the items and sell them, or instead give them only to their friends. That's my main complaint.

I work at WalMart for some cash and I always end up giving discount to ppl who are realy chill and talk about games. But most of them are very defensive and don't want to talk.

I love Gamecrazy's. They usually carry alot of rare games too, due to the fact that they are less visited than Gamestop. The closest one to me is about a half hour away. but I always make my way down there to get some games repaired or pick up something rare or cheap. I wish they would bring one closer.

they might gave you a discount cause they wasnt meeting their sales ...

First time probally 2 years back I went into one when they had a buy 2 games get 1 free... Walked up with 3 games and was told

If you buy 3 more games i give you 2 free (at least 24.99 or more)

meaning buy 6 games get 3 free instead of 2

also some give major discounts if you get the MVP CARD

Last march they had buy 2 get 1 free.. was told if i buy a MVP card they would give me the highest game free instead of the cheapest...

i only saw 2 14.99 games that i really wanted but grabbed a 34.99 game for free : )

I know Gamecrazy doesn't draw even a percentage of heat that Gamestop does. I have one but it's about 15-20 minutes out of my way and I live across the street from a mall/shopping center. I don't think I've walked out of Gamecrazy dissatisfied or insulted before, but I could count my trips there on my fingers.

I'm so glad I have one across the street from my Gamestop. I always divide my purchases, but this fall Gamestop has gotten all the good pre-order deals and some awesome coupons so I've been going there more. I did get Tales of Vesperia LE from the GC though.

[quote name='slidecage']they might gave you a discount cause they wasnt meeting their sales ...[/quote]

A sale on a new game doesn't do anything for the employee or the company, really. The profit margin on a new game title is extremely small.

[quote name='Scorch']A sale on a new game doesn't do anything for the employee or the company, really. The profit margin on a new game title is extremely small.[/QUOTE]

didnt see them say the game was new.

also could gave a discount just to move the game if they had too many of them

[quote name='slidecage']didnt see them say the game was new.

also could gave a discount just to move the game if they had too many of them[/quote]

Your logic makes no sense. If they have a ton of the game that's older, that usually means it's a decent seller and wouldn't need a discount. And seeing as how the GH Disgaea just came out, I seriously doubt it was a used copy.

Now go find your car keys.

Hate how the few I've been too have the games stacked in rows with the front cover facing forward. fuck, i'm not flipping through all that shit.

Side spine or unstacked facing forward plz

Pardon the n00b question, but what does "getting my Final Fantasy buffed" mean? Sounds like an odd sexual practice; if so, I'm going to GameCrazy this afternoon!

[quote name='probablysober']I've only been to a gamecrazy in hagerstown MD, but I liked it and picked up a copy of Godzilla Save the Earth for the PS2 for like 7 dollars. My friend swears by them. I didn't get any hassle like when I've gone to my local gamestop.

I wish I had one in Rockville.[/quote]

There's a GameCrazy in Gaitherburg (near Rio). I know thats not Rockville, but its a heck of a lot closer than Frederick.

I have never stopped but I hear its good.

[quote name='pob14']Pardon the n00b question, but what does "getting my Final Fantasy buffed" mean? Sounds like an odd sexual practice; if so, I'm going to GameCrazy this afternoon![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, now seriously- he means having scratches buffed out of the disc so it'll play right. Most GCs offer the service. (I do my own buffing, so I've never used it.)

bread's done
Back