Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice. I got fight night round 2 from the last sale. Cant go wrong with super punch out.[/QUOTE]

yeah just hope these games work! even tho i was actually charged $22.28 in the end, killer deal

[quote name='GE7VOCiiDE']yeah just hope these games work! even tho i was actually charged $22.28 in the end, killer deal[/QUOTE]

How did you check this? I used my trade in card for my first online order. I normally don't get charged tax in store. Not sure why it is showing up when I order online. Wanted to see how you can check.

I finally caved in and ordered a gamecube refurb. I wishing for a DOL-001. What are my chances?

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']I don't believe consoles were ever part of this sale. Games and accessories only. At any rate, $20 for a console is a pretty sweet price especially if it is the dol-100 with the digital out port and even more especially if PUR Pro brings it down to $18.[/QUOTE]

is the dol-100 part of the serial number etc? that might be easier to look for that than if my cousin's gcn has a digital out port.

also has anyone bought a game instore with 20% coupon?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is the dol-100 part of the serial number etc? that might be easier to look for that than if my cousin's gcn has a digital out port.

also has anyone bought a game instore with 20% coupon?[/QUOTE]

yes I have; coupon works fine.

[quote name='MiTYH']Man, I'm NEVER going to play Pokemon Gale of Darkness.. OOS everywhere I go...[/QUOTE]
I picked that one up at Gamestop for $15 used when I got my Wii. Fantastic game. If you can't get it from Gamestop, try eBay. That's where I got Colosseum.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']the question isn't how lucky you got, but how many discs will work?

interestingly some stores near me have gotten preowned and refurb consoles in at some point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']I can't imagine how bad these discs are going to look... they're probably resurfacing all the returns from earlier rounds.

I ordered 24 games back when they started this and only 7 worked. I ordered/picked up Luigi's Mansion 5 different times and not a single copy worked.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']These are probably left overs from stores or from warehouse. They may not work.[/QUOTE]

You guys must be upset that you didn't get any good games. Either that or there are sharkteeth in the Gamecube that scratch up the discs. I run my Gamecube games in my Wii and they've never gotten scratched or damaged or anything.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']You guys must be upset that you didn't get any good games. Either that or there are sharkteeth in the Gamecube that scratch up the discs. I run my Gamecube games in my Wii and they've never gotten scratched or damaged or anything.[/QUOTE]

It's not the CAGs that kill discs, a lot of those turned in by soccer moms and such who don't take care of their stuff and discs. Have you seen some of the conditions those traded in Wii games are? Sometimes its hard to find a good disc out of a stack. I would say only about 50% of those disks are decent.

I also tend to recall a similar ratio of good to bad a year or so back when they went to 50% off or was it BOGO? I forget. Ended up getting a bunch of good stuff when the in store selection was still good...Warioware, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, a couple Zeldas, etc.

i looked up my post from when i listed the games i got.... man im one lucky SOB.
2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
Zatch bell: mamudo fury
both pokemons
both narutos

[quote name='cero5']i looked up my post from when i listed the games i got.... man im one lucky SOB.[/QUOTE]
Good... for... you... I'm... very happy... for... you... :bomb:

[quote name='cero5']i looked up my post from when i listed the games i got.... man im one lucky SOB.[/QUOTE]

damn... I hope they're all disc only ;)

Employee always get the good stuffs :)

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']just noticed that GS shipped me paper mario from an open order I had from way back in january. lol how random.[/QUOTE]

That's what made me look to see if some stuff came back in stock as they shipped some items from a previous order.

I can't believe the games I just bought. It's still a decent deal even with the 99% chance of them being disc only, scratched, and resurfaced.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - GC
Resident Evil Zero - GC
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - GC
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's - GC
Resident Evil 4 - GC
Pac-Man World Rally - GC
Pikmin - Used - GC
Resident Evil - GC
Mario Kart Double Dash - GC
Mario Party 5 - GC
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's disc - GC
Pac-Man World 2 Bundle w/Pac-M - GC
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - GC
Mario Party 6 - Game Only - GC

for under $50 shipped... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thank you to all the contributors on this thread. When I saw those games in stock it really helped to know to quickly add "15free" and "saver" to the order. You guys saved me some $$$. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
About $50, long as they recalculate tax correct.
I'll expect a bunch of returns at this price!

Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor European Assault
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Bond 007: Nightfire
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need for Speed: Underground 2
SSX 3
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Shadow the Hedgehog
From Russia With Love
NBA Street Volume 3
Sonic Mega Collection
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Burnout
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Mario Superstar Baseball
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mario Power Tennis
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

[quote name='theclaw']About $50, long as they recalculate tax correct.
I'll expect a bunch of returns at this price!

Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor European Assault
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Bond 007: Nightfire
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need for Speed: Underground 2
SSX 3
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Shadow the Hedgehog
From Russia With Love
NBA Street Volume 3
Sonic Mega Collection
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Burnout
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Mario Superstar Baseball
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mario Power Tennis
Star Wars: The Clone Wars[/QUOTE]

Nice. I was hoping bumping the thread like every 5 minutes would help some CAGs catch these deals. Hopefully it helped.

If the games are really scratched, they're going back, but if they have light scratches I can live with it. It helps to have GS credit, but I just spent all of mine. I probably should have saved some for that 50% off select games sale. These gamecube games are old, but hopefully the ones we bought are better than the ones from that other sale.

[quote name='theclaw']About $50, long as they recalculate tax correct.
[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been hoping as well. I paid with credit, which is tax free instore in my state. But gamestop.com just charged me $12 tax on a $38 order. Do these gamecube 75% orders always get the tax readjusted?

It really really really pays to be an insomniac sometimes. I'm not going to have a productive workday tomorrow, but hopefully my Gamecube collection gets a heck of a lot better. ;) Totally worth it.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']argh, stupid GS says ive reached my purchase limit on metroid when i havent bought any[/QUOTE]

I think that means that someone just bought the last one right before you tried to add to cart.

At least they'll look better when played than the discs do. Got a component cable.

Still waiting for that $400 famed XRGB Mini Framemeister I splurged on.
Darn TV has no s-video input, and doesn't accept 240p from component.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I think that means that someone just bought the last one right before you tried to add to cart.[/QUOTE]

still in my cart. tried 4-5 times and no dice. oh well, kinda have a feeling they wouldnt work anyway

[quote name='theclaw']At least they'll look better when played than the discs do. Got a component cable.

Still waiting for that $400 famed XRGB Mini Framemeister I splurged on.
Darn TV has no s-video input, and doesn't accept 240p from component.[/QUOTE]

holy shit. Amazing. I can't even find the link on the gamestop website for the component cable or I would have bought that. Congrats.

Sonicthehedgehog1337 later quietly cries himself to sleep over missing coveted gamecube component cable. :cry:;);)

[quote name='theclaw']It wasn't from gamestop. My component cable cost $64 back in 2010.[/QUOTE]

lol. Sleep deprivation.... I think it's time to me to hit the sack
(and also go to sleep)
I'm exhausted and nearly had a nerd-heart-attack thinking I missed a cheap gamecube component cable. :dunce:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']still in my cart. tried 4-5 times and no dice. oh well, kinda have a feeling they wouldnt work anyway[/QUOTE]

Wow, it lets me check out fine with metroid prime. I would suggest creating a new account and maybe using a different form of payment if you have it.

There are still a lot of great games available. Metroid Prime 1, 2, Rogue Squadron III, Mario Baseball, Mario tennis... hopefully some more insomniac CAGs see this thread.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow, it lets me check out fine with metroid prime. I would suggest creating a new account and maybe using a different form of payment if you have it.

There are still a lot of great games available. Metroid Prime 1, 2, Rogue Squadron III, Mario Baseball, Mario tennis... hopefully some more insomniac CAGs see this thread.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll just pass. Already have most of the good titles, and Mario Baseball just went OOS, so that only really leaves 3-4 titles I might play someday. Not worth the trouble at 2:30AM:drool:

$13 before tax.

Fight Night Round 2 plus Super Punch-Out!
Spider-Man 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Crash Nitro Kart
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Def Jam Vendetta

[quote name='nixmahn']Please let us know if any of them turn out to be not coasters.[/QUOTE]

RE 1, RE 0, Baten Kaitos, Warioware, Gladius, DK Jungle Beat, and TMNT work. The RE's came complete. Starfox Adventures and Wario World are not reading. Seeing if I can do anything about it; otherwise, I will return them tomorrow.

You got SOOOO lucky with the CIB RE's! Might be a restock very soon, IDK cause of it being sunday and no new shipment's into the warehouse, but anyway, I'm suprised people aren't buying Spiderman 2, one of like, maybe TWO superhero games that I'd recommend, It's a great game in general.

Yeah, I have it on the PS2 and loved web slinging around NYC and perching on top of the Empire States Building.

hi all,

longtime reader, first time poster - im much more a collector than an active gamer, and i collect mostly 3rd and 4th gen. picked up a gamecube at a thrift store a few months back and been using the GS sale to compile a library.

despite the sentiment here that theyd be predominantly (mini-) coasters, i figured id give the online order a shot this past week. ordered 44 games, 10 of which didnt work.

two big questions:

1. of the 10 that don't work, the majority of them have a readable surface in GREAT condition (no noticeable scratches at all). being relatively unfamiliar with the ins and outs of optical disc games, is their non-functionality likely the result of too much of the disc being resurfaced off?

2. on a lot of the discs, working and nonworking alike, theres a dark grey chalk-like substance around the hole in the middle of the disc. if you handle a few of them, it rubs off on your fingers - likewise if you take a cloth to the surface of the "hole". the substance is NOT the consistency of dirt, so i was wondering if this could be from resurfacing too.

any help/tips/info would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I only ordered paper Mario, it didn't work but I couldn't use saver because the size.of the order. Will they refund my shipping in store?

[quote name='Rumors']I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I only ordered paper Mario, it didn't work but I couldn't use saver because the size.of the order. Will they refund my shipping in store?[/QUOTE]

No.

Just want a second opinion. For those who bought or have a GC now, if you don't have the component cable ($100-150? no way), should I just stick with a backwards compatible Wii so I can take advantage of the 480p capability? If I end up finding a GC, I'm not about to spend $100+ on a cable for an old console to get 480p.

The bummer thing is that my current BC Wii is doing the 360 thing and putting rings on some of my disks near the edges (yes, I keep it horizontal 100%). I think it won't do that to GC games as they're the mini CDs?

Anyhow, at some point, I'll likely will be a Wii U so that could cover my current Wii library but it won't have GC capability. In this case, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping my old BC Wii just for GC games as long as it doesn't etch the GC discs. Thoughts?

[quote name='genovincent']hi all,

longtime reader, first time poster - im much more a collector than an active gamer, and i collect mostly 3rd and 4th gen. picked up a gamecube at a thrift store a few months back and been using the GS sale to compile a library.

despite the sentiment here that theyd be predominantly (mini-) coasters, i figured id give the online order a shot this past week. ordered 44 games, 10 of which didnt work.

two big questions:

1. of the 10 that don't work, the majority of them have a readable surface in GREAT condition (no noticeable scratches at all). being relatively unfamiliar with the ins and outs of optical disc games, is their non-functionality likely the result of too much of the disc being resurfaced off?

2. on a lot of the discs, working and nonworking alike, theres a dark grey chalk-like substance around the hole in the middle of the disc. if you handle a few of them, it rubs off on your fingers - likewise if you take a cloth to the surface of the "hole". the substance is NOT the consistency of dirt, so i was wondering if this could be from resurfacing too.

any help/tips/info would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much![/QUOTE]

1. I noticed a lot of the discs that are unreadable actually look very good. I already returned a bunch of them yesterday. So far I'm 12 out of 22 for working discs. I want Double Dash so fucking bad. I've ordered 4 copies on 4 separate occasions an all 4 aren't readable. I'm fucking bummed about that one.

I've only been testing them on the gamecube, I'm afraid to even put some of these in the Wii with all of the metallic inner stickers. Has anyone had luck getting games to work on their wii that didn't work on their gamecube. If there are any methods getting these good looking games to actually boot up, I'd be very interested as well.

2. I've been wiping off that black dust the same as you. I noticed it on my index finger and was like "I don't want this nasty stuff in my console." It's from Gamestop's refurbishing machine. People on this forum have confirmed it and yesterday Gamestop employee's confirmed it for me as well.

I'm only 12 out of 22, but I've been ordering a lot of the more expensive games because I bought 100+ games in store when the 75% off first went live.

Off the top of my head, the ones that actually worked are:
Simpsons hit and run
resident evil zero
resident evil 4
star wars clone wars
baldurs gate
metroid prime 2
pikmin
pacman world rally
mario party 5
mario party 6
Legend of Zelda Collector's edition

[quote name='bob330i']Just want a second opinion. For those who bought or have a GC now, if you don't have the component cable ($100-150? no way), should I just stick with a backwards compatible Wii so I can take advantage of the 480p capability? If I end up finding a GC, I'm not about to spend $100+ on a cable for an old console to get 480p.

The bummer thing is that my current BC Wii is doing the 360 thing and putting rings on some of my disks near the edges (yes, I keep it horizontal 100%). I think it won't do that to GC games as they're the mini CDs?

Anyhow, at some point, I'll likely will be a Wii U so that could cover my current Wii library but it won't have GC capability. In this case, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping my old BC Wii just for GC games as long as it doesn't etch the GC discs. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 480p on Wii is a much cheaper alternative, and it looks miles ahead of a standard gamecube av cable. I'm not sure if the discs will be safe, because it's the lens that is scratching them, hence equal danger. Gamecube games are pretty durable, but if that happens it's basically a 99% failure rate for the game. I'd test it on something not super valuable for a couple hours, and see how it fairs.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']1. I noticed a lot of the discs that are unreadable actually look very good. I already returned a bunch of them yesterday. So far I'm 12 out of 22 for working discs.

I've only been testing them on the gamecube, I'm afraid to even put some of these in the Wii with all of the metallic inner stickers. Has anyone had luck getting games to work on their wii that didn't work on their gamecube. If there are any methods getting these good looking games to actually boot up, I'd be very interested as well.

2. I've been wiping off that black dust the same as you. I noticed it on my index finger and was like "I don't want this nasty stuff in my console." It's from Gamestop's refurbishing machine. People on this forum have confirmed it and yesterday Gamestop employee's confirmed it for me as well.

I'm only 12 out of 22, but I've been ordering a lot of the more expensive games because I bought 100+ games in store when the 75% off first went live.

It's almost too depressing to list the ones that didn't work that I returned...
Mario kart double dash
Resident evil (only had discs 2's and didn't even work)
metroid prime 2 (glad I bought 2)
simpsons hit and run (glad I bought 2)
Sonic adventure
pacman vs/pacman world 2 (whatever it's called)

[/QUOTE]

awesome info/feedback, thanks so much sonic!

out of curiosity, have you noticed any trends for in-store purchases having a higher success rate of functioning than online purchases (or vice versa)? unfortunately, i was way too naive when i made my rounds and bought my in-store games a few months back, and never tested any of them. if they have the same fail rate as my online purchases, im screwed - only silver lining being that i bought my first GCN system a few weeks into the 75% off sale, so most of the games i bought in-store arent highly-sought/expensive titles.

FWIW, here's my list of 10 that failed from two online orders last week:

mvp baseball 2005
need for speed underground 2
007 nightfire
backyard baseball
batman begins
wwe day of reckoning
medal of honor - european assault
wwe wrestlemania xix
call of duty finest hour
shrek super slam

i also havent bothered testing the games in my wii, but i did try them in a second GCN system i bought at gamestop about two months ago, and got the same (failed) results - this after cleaning the laser in the original testing system, as well as the disc surfaces.

and thats great that your trip to the store to return the stuff was fruitful beyond just the return - glad you had that good luck.

thanks again for the reply.

well i got one order in. I got an email saying they shipped just the zelda collectors edition 5 days after shipping mario kart double dash and mario baseball

both games came in a random case, no instructions and mario baseball had a crack on the disc (top) and it wont work, mario kart did

so 1 for 2 and both were refurbished

i have no positive hopes for zelda collectors edition :p

Anyone have a remedy for a disk that has a crack radiating from the spindle hub but still works. I have a GC disk that works but want to stop it for getting worse. I have heard of super glue.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Yes, 480p on Wii is a much cheaper alternative, and it looks miles ahead of a standard gamecube av cable. I'm not sure if the discs will be safe, because it's the lens that is scratching them, hence equal danger. Gamecube games are pretty durable, but if that happens it's basically a 99% failure rate for the game. I'd test it on something not super valuable for a couple hours, and see how it fairs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. Most of the half dozen or so titles I have are first party Nintendo in great shape (picked up in last year or so's BOGO sale) so I"m hesitant to put any GC in it for fear of it killing the disc. I'll do a bit more research and hold pat on getting a GC now.

[quote name='bob330i']Thanks for the feedback. Most of the half dozen or so titles I have are first party Nintendo in great shape (picked up in last year or so's BOGO sale) so I"m hesitant to put any GC in it for fear of it killing the disc. I'll do a bit more research and hold pat on getting a GC now.[/QUOTE]

if your are really worried, maybe you should just pick up a used Wii off cowboom for $40-$50. Still cheaper than a component cable, and you already have the chords and controllers, so you can just get a super cheap system only bundle;)

I got my order for Mario Kart Double Dash in the mail today. I opened it up and saw the back. It was pristine, almost perfect. I turn it over... Super Bubble Pop. :(

I don't think there is going to be a lot of Mario weaving between karts on Rainbow Road going on this weekend.

I am going to go out on a limb and say I am going to have to return this one.

bread's done
Back