Gamecucbe 1019 Memory Card $9.99 Used at EB Games B&M

GAMGAM007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just went by asking about the 1019 memory card as I just filled up my first one and he said "Your in luck they just dropped to $9.99 used. Bought it for less then $10 with tax via edge from the $24.99 they used to be. Just a heads up.

Sigh...just paid $20 for one online a couple weeks ago. Haven't even opened it yet...still in the EB games repackaging. Probably too late to exchange it in store and buy it back.

[quote name='Rictor']Sigh...just paid $20 for one online a couple weeks ago. Haven't even opened it yet...still in the EB games repackaging. Probably too late to exchange it in store and buy it back.[/QUOTE]
14 days is their policy.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Isnt a memory card worth paying full price for? God knows i wouldnt want to lose my saved games because of a screwy one.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo brands almost never (if ever) lost data. Even if it used, doesn't matter, your guaranteed not to lose any data, and I personally have never.

So this card is a great deal! Paid $35 for a new one, and they rock! Defientely going to pick one up if I can find one.

Ok, I also confirmed this by phone at EB, so it is a go. But there's one problem, good luck finding one. Just called about 5 stores, none have it. Even asked the guy to do an inventory check, none of the stores around my area have one. So I'll have to check again tomorrow...

Hopefully some other CAG's will have better luck than me :)

Isnt a memory card worth paying full price for? God knows i wouldnt want to lose my saved games because of a screwy one.
It's name brand it's good to go.
Is this online? Also is this at EB Games only or Gamestop also?
It is online but goodluck they go oos all the time and no idea about Gamestop, doubtful though.

[quote name='Rictor']Sigh...just paid $20 for one online a couple weeks ago. Haven't even opened it yet...still in the EB games repackaging. Probably too late to exchange it in store and buy it back.[/QUOTE]

They can help you out at EB more than you think, just try, if they are cool they will let you at least return for store credit and buy the memory card.

Sorry guys but when lookin online the picture says 59 blocks so be wary.... it might not be the 1019 memory card....

[quote name='adidas']Sorry guys but when lookin online the picture says 59 blocks so be wary.... it might not be the 1019 memory card....[/QUOTE]

Nope, it is, the 1019 is OOS, and when they don't have an item n their site, it won't show up anywhere. I already called and had the employee check on it, and it is $9.99.

Damn!

I just got one off eBay a few weeks ago for about $13 shipped so I can't complain TOO much.

Nice deal regardless!!

Can't wait to SAVE my Gamecube games again (Mem Card 251 has been full for MONTHS) :roll:

Is this the one we're talking about?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224539.asp

This Memory Card allows you to save up to 59 blocks of game information. The number of blocks needed to save your game information will vary from game to game. You will only be able to save or load game information for games that are designed to use Memory Cards. Included with the Memory Card is an index label which you can write information about the saved game information and affix it to the Memory Card.

Publisher: TRADE IN-VIDEO ACCESSORIES
Platform: Gamecube
Category: Accessories
Item Number: 224539

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Isnt a memory card worth paying full price for? God knows i wouldnt want to lose my saved games because of a screwy one.[/quote]

I've never had a problem with a Nintendo memory card or any memory card for that matter. I have N64 saves that are years and years old that still work fine. There's really not much to a memory card for it to go bad.

[quote name='Rictor']I've never had a problem with a Nintendo memory card or any memory card for that matter. I have N64 saves that are years and years old that still work fine. There's really not much to a memory card for it to go bad.[/QUOTE]

True, but for those who do experience a memory failure it's a seriously horrific experience. Even if the difference in failure rate is only 0.0001%, multiply that by the number of gamers out there and those poor souls start to pile up.

BTW, will these be necessary for saving GC games on the Revolution?

[quote name='Ecofreak']True, but for those who do experience a memory failure it's a seriously horrific experience. Even if the difference in failure rate is only 0.0001%, multiply that by the number of gamers out there and those poor souls start to pile up.

BTW, will these be necessary for saving GC games on the Revolution?[/QUOTE]

I have experienced problems with third party memory cards, never with first party cards. I've heard enough to want to stick with first party cards in most cases but I see no real problem with a used first party card.

Oh and by the way, the failure rate at that percent would one in a million. That really would be no big deal.

Much appreciated, picked up the last one at the location by my work. Now I can finally get around to playing Fire Emblem and FF:CC.

Much thanks OP! I picked up one memory card at an EB today along with deus ex on xbox for about 3.99 used. However it was a no go on the guncon 2 which rang up at 17.99 boo! I would have gotten that and ninja assault for 9.99 oh well

I'm really loving EB lately.

Two Guncon1's for $.01 each
Xbox Silent Scope Gun for $.01
Two GC Memory card 1019's for $8.99 each (10% off for EB Edge)

If you are determined enough, you can find most things given time. Best thing is to try the less trafficed stores. I've found some of the best stuff on the bottom rack or behind the counter. And it never hurts to ask - most stores are willing to check other stores' inventories for you. (Of course computer updates due to the merger may cause temporary issues checking inventory.)

This was excellent timing for the memory card drop - my PO-Cube 251 card from EBgames.com had just arrived, and I heard about this. I paid $13.49 after discount for it, and returned it at the same time as buying the two 1019's. I felt bad about them shipping it just to return it, but the guy returning it even admitted he would have done the same thing.

Thanks OP. I picked up a 1019 today for $9.99. Now should I sell my 251 on Ebay cause i'm a cheap bastard or should I keep it for backup purposes? :)

bread's done
Back