GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ploppsdman']Crysis 2 for $10 is pretty decent ... Alice (if it comes with dlc, which it should) for $15 is great (assuming dlc) ...[/QUOTE]

That's actually not decent, considering BB recently had Alice new for $11.99.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']That's actually not decent, considering BB recently had Alice new for $11.99.[/QUOTE]

Please explain how that invalidates this being a decent price.

[quote name='Slowdance']Please explain how that invalidates this being a decent price.[/QUOTE]

lol....Well, let me lay it out for you. In comparison, buying a used, rental game for 15 dollars isn't such a good deal when just a few days ago the same game was 12 dollars brand new. Not sure about you, but I usually like paying less and getting new games......rather than paying more and getting rented copies. I'm sure Alice will be cheap again for new copy sometime very soon. You snooze-you lose.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']lol....Well, let me lay it out for you. In comparison, buying a used, rental game for 15 dollars isn't such a good deal when just a few days ago the same game was 12 dollars brand new. Not sure about you, but I usually like paying less and getting new games......rather than paying more and getting rented copies. I'm sure Alice will be cheap again for new copy sometime very soon. You snooze-you lose.[/QUOTE]

You have a strange definition of decent.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']So it's a terrible price because best buy had it cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Not a terrible price, but certainly not anything to get excited about, especially since I already got it new for 12. If I hadn't got it new for 12 I wouldn't be thinking used for 15 would be a good deal when I could have had it for 12 new. This isn't rocket science. This is cheapassgamer.com.....not occasionallycheapbutwillbuyadecentdealanytimegamer.com

[quote name='ploppsdman']Crysis 2 for $10 is pretty decent ... Alice (if it comes with dlc, which it should) for $15 is great (assuming dlc) ...[/QUOTE]

Why would you think Alice will come with the DLC? Unless this is a sealed copy of Alice, you should assume it won't have anything except the game itself.

[quote name='Magus8472']You have a strange definition of decent.[/QUOTE]

Magus, you just buy the used games for more and I'll buy the new games for less. Sounds like we'll both be happy campers by doing so. lol

[quote name='pdjones']Why would you think Alice will come with the DLC? Unless this is a sealed copy of Alice, you should assume it won't have anything except the game itself.[/QUOTE]

More ignorance....ugh. Gamefly games almost always come with any DLC codes they originally came with. They don't send out anything but the disc when they are rented.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']lol....Well, let me lay it out for you. In comparison, buying a used, rental game for 15 dollars isn't such a good deal when just a few days ago the same game was 12 dollars brand new. Not sure about you, but I usually like paying less and getting new games......rather than paying more and getting rented copies. I'm sure Alice will be cheap again for new copy sometime very soon. You snooze-you lose.[/QUOTE]
However, it becomes a decent price again when you realize that Best Buy cancelled a lot of orders, regardless of who purchased it first.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not a terrible price, but certainly not anything to get excited about, especially since I already got it new for 12. If I hadn't got it new for 12 I wouldn't be thinking used for 15 would be a good deal when I could have had it for 12 new. This isn't rocket science. This is cheapassgamer.com.....not occasionallycheapbutwillbuyadecentdealanytimegamer.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, you could stalk ebay or amazon and eventually get a copy for under $10, so I guess the Best Buy deal sucks. It's expired and if I wanted the game now (to actually play, not sit on the shelf like a trophy), it being sold out and unavailable at one retail store isn't getting me that game any faster.

[quote name='DarkZion']However, it becomes a decent price again when you realize that Best Buy cancelled a lot of orders, regardless of who purchased it first.[/QUOTE]

So know you know who all had orders canceled? Why would they be canceled? Mine wasn't canceled and I wasn't real early to order one when they were $11.99. Anyways, I'm done with this dog chasing it's tail conversation.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Magus, you just buy the used games for more and I'll buy the new games for less. Sounds like we'll both be happy campers by doing so. lol[/QUOTE]

Or we could go out for coffee and rag on the guy who paid $35 at Gamestop yesterday.

Stupid Gamefly... my credit card started getting random declines throughout the weekend, and it turns out my credit card company flagged a Gamefly charge last week as possibly fraudulent. As such I got screwed out of tickets to see TOOL, and had to go home to get my ATM card to finish my xmas shopping last night. I think it happened because one of the games I tried to by went out of stock mid-transaction and I had to redo it.

Thanks Gamefly!

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not a terrible price, but certainly not anything to get excited about, especially since I already got it new for 12. If I hadn't got it new for 12 I wouldn't be thinking used for 15 would be a good deal when I could have had it for 12 new. This isn't rocket science. This is cheapassgamer.com.....not occasionallycheapbutwillbuyadecentdealanytimegamer.com[/QUOTE]

Obviously I'd love to get something for less, but I wasnt around for that deal .. so ... getting it for $15 +tax isn't bad considering what I'd have to pay otherwise, assuming I wanted to play the game. Plus, I'm assuming dlc, given my history with gamefly that's a decent assumption, so it's a good deal for me (since I can't go back in time).

I was considering just getting it on goozex, but I'd like to play the first game. If the dlc isnt there, that sucks, but I can just trade in on goozex and more than recoup my money.

As far as bestbuy goes, I ordered Fear 3 .. they canceled my order.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Obviously I'd love to get something for less, but I wasnt around for that deal .. so ... getting it for $15 +tax isn't bad considering what I'd have to pay otherwise, assuming I wanted to play the game. Plus, I'm assuming dlc, given my history with gamefly that's a decent assumption, so it's a good deal for me (since I can't go back in time).

I was considering just getting it on goozex, but I'd like to play the first game. If the dlc isnt there, that sucks, but I can just trade in on goozex and more than recoup my money.[/QUOTE]

Hence the "you snooze-you lose." You gotta be on your toes if you want to be a real cheapassgamer. lol
I know I just couldn't buy something used for more money than I could have had new for less money just a few days prior...even if I hadn't been aware of the deal at that time. Now if it was a brand new copy for a couple of bucks more, then maybe so....but not a used, rental copy for more money. Just wouldn't feel right, being the cheapassgamer I am.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Hence the "you snooze-you lose." You gotta be on your toes if you want to be a real cheapassgamer. lol
I know I just couldn't buy something used for more money than I could have had new for less money just a few days prior...even if I hadn't been aware of the deal at that time. Now if it was a brand new copy for a couple of bucks more, then maybe so....but not a used, rental copy for more money. Just wouldn't feel right, being the cheapassgamer I am.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't know, so it's a non-issue.

After missing No More Heroes for $10 and Tomb Raider Trilogy for $7 or $8, I can't bring myself to pay $15 on an active sale. So I understand where he is coming from.

Also, any word on which games will be added to the sale and when? Browsing gamefly's site twice or more a day looking for price differences doesn't sound appealing.

It looks like I can "rent" Lego Pirates and then "keep" it for the same price as the Year End Sale.

It's out of stock in the sale section, but it's still avalible for rental and the keep price is the same. ($12.99)

You might be able to use this trick on other titles if you're having trouble finding them in stock.

[quote name='pdjones']Why would you think Alice will come with the DLC? Unless this is a sealed copy of Alice, you should assume it won't have anything except the game itself.[/QUOTE]

I just got my copy of Alice and it DID include the DLC download of the first game. Not confirmed this works yet will try when I get home today.

Bryan

[quote name='babramson101']I just got my copy of Alice and it DID include the DLC download of the first game. Not confirmed this works yet will try when I get home today.

Bryan[/QUOTE]

Again, they don't send out DLC codes to renters. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Are the Cathrine covers the alternate covers that show on the site or are they random?[/QUOTE]
IIRC they are the normal covers. They just show the alternate covers.

Any Gamefly subscribers here? Is Gamefly taking forever to ship or is it just me? They're taking days to ship games and some of my Q is medium even high availability. It's pathetic

Went ahead and grabbed Catherine, I hope I don't see it cheaper somewhere else tomorrow.

On the phone with Best Buy about this gift card deal, it's been about 35 minutes now. -_-

Received my LA Noire (360) copy, discs look pretty beat up, later on I will see if they play and report back (I know you're all anxious to find out).

[quote name='velvet396']Received my LA Noire (360) copy, discs look pretty beat up, later on I will see if they play and report back (I know you're all anxious to find out).[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am waiting anxiously.

[quote name='velvet396']Received my LA Noire (360) copy, discs look pretty beat up, later on I will see if they play and report back (I know you're all anxious to find out).[/QUOTE]

Try installing them.
If it reaches 100% they are fine, if not contact gamefly.

[quote name='Tony208']Any Gamefly subscribers here? Is Gamefly taking forever to ship or is it just me? They're taking days to ship games and some of my Q is medium even high availability. It's pathetic[/QUOTE]

This is the exact reason I cancelled my rental subscription.

Pins and needles...

Spoiler: Nobody gives a fuck about three dollars.

Hahahahahahaha... is what I would say if you posted something funny. Is it for sale now at 12? Deals live in the moment, not in the past, and not in the crystal ball future. Prices fluctuate. So who cares if you got it for 12 a few days ago, if I got it for ten tomorrow do I come say, look at the horrible deal you got!! No, I think, then realize that time moves.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Try installing them.
If it reaches 100% they are fine, if not contact gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, my copy of Homefront on the 360 was damaged and unable to play or install. The crappy part is they won't replace the disc, even if the game is in stock.... Got a refund, but 6.99 is gonna be hard to beat again.

"Hello,

We are sorry that we sent you an unplayable copy of Homefront. Please return the game to GameFly. Please note that you will also be receiving another email with complete instructions on how to return the game to GameFly.

We have issued a refund back to your card in the amount of $7.57. Please allow 3 to 5 days for the credit to post to your account. Any coupons that were used towards your purchase have also been reissued to your GameFly account.

Currently, our system does not support a 1-for-1 exchange. If you are interested in buying the game in the future and it is available to purchase on the Web site, you can re-purchase it at that time.

If you need further assistance, please respond to this email at anytime as we provide email support 7 days a week, Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Central Time and Saturday - Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central Time. If you would prefer to talk to us directly, please reply to this email with a number where we can reach you and a convenient time or you may call us directly at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

We apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Denise G.
The GameFly Team
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help"

[quote name='Tony208']Any Gamefly subscribers here? Is Gamefly taking forever to ship or is it just me? They're taking days to ship games and some of my Q is medium even high availability. It's pathetic[/QUOTE]

I return a game the week before a new release comes out and empty my Q except for the new game. They have always sent me the new game by Wednesday of release week. Over the past year they have really improved their speed of delivery and sending out new releases......if you use this method at least

I'm a gamefly member, have been for over 3 years now. Had a shipping problem once as far as rentals go with them slow on shipping, but otherwise it's been a great deal and excellent service.

Got my copy of LA Noire yesterday. The case looked brand new until I noticed the bottom was missing. Found the rest of it at the bottom of the envelope. Damn USPS :wall:

I did have to clean spots off the discs but that's to be expected with used games.This was my first experience with Gamefly and it was a good one overall. I do wish they'd add tracking to purchases though :roll:

They will add a delivery confirmation (tracking) number if you buy more than 1 game at a time. Almost never do they on just a single game purchase (although I have heard of a few people getting one, think it must just be luck, never had that happen in my experiences).

Sorry about the double post, my browser is acting up.

bread's done
Back