GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tmw214']Got my copy of LA Noire yesterday. The case looked brand new until I noticed the bottom was missing. Found the rest of it at the bottom of the envelope. Damn USPS :wall:

I did have to clean spots off the discs but that's to be expected with used games.This was my first experience with Gamefly and it was a good one overall. I do wish they'd add tracking to purchases though :roll:[/QUOTE]

Contact gamefly about the broken case, they will send you out another one.

At least they did when I emailed them about my broken Fallout NV case.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']They will add a delivery confirmation (tracking) number if you buy more than 1 game at a time. Almost never do they on just a single game purchase (although I have heard of a few people getting one, think it must just be luck, never had that happen in my experiences).

Sorry about the double post, my browser is acting up.[/QUOTE]

They don't always give you a tracking number for buying more than 1 game in one order. Sometimes the order is split up into multiple shipments so if that happens to you, you might not get a tracking number.

I've made a few orders that contained multiple games and didn't receive tracking numbers.

I just purchased the one game. Was just surprised a company that does the amount of business they do wouldn't track every order to protect themselves

[quote name='folkmojo']Contact gamefly about the broken case, they will send you out another one.

At least they did when I emailed them about my broken Fallout NV case.[/QUOTE]
It's worth a try. Thanks

Quick question: I have never used GameFly. The "Keep" Price doesn't stack on to the rent price, right? And, what type of shipping is there for the "Keep" price?

Thanks for your help in advance and for letting us all know about these awesome prices ;)

[quote name='KnightRobby']Quick question: I have never used GameFly. The "Keep" Price doesn't stack on to the rent price, right? And, what type of shipping is there for the "Keep" price?

Thanks for your help in advance and for letting us all know about these awesome prices ;)[/QUOTE]
No the keep price doesn't stack -- shipping is usually free even if you're not a member.

[quote name='CheapyD']I got a note from GameFly saying the expect to add new titles to the sale before it ends.[/QUOTE]

Is this still a possibility - or should I stop checking the GF sale page...

Looking at this thread reminds me how dissapointed I was with this sale. Only thing I didnt own that I even considered was Fist of the North Star. It sold out before I ever decided. I wonder if they'll add more games like Cheapy suggested they might.

I feel like the nightly deals were better

got my phineas and ferb PS3 game today case was in great condition along with the manual and disc no problems my first purchase from gamefly guess i'll have to keep an eye on their sales from now on

[quote name='tmw214']Got my copy of LA Noire yesterday. The case looked brand new until I noticed the bottom was missing. Found the rest of it at the bottom of the envelope. Damn USPS :wall:

I did have to clean spots off the discs but that's to be expected with used games.This was my first experience with Gamefly and it was a good one overall. I do wish they'd add tracking to purchases though :roll:[/QUOTE]

When you buy 3 or 4 games at a time, they put them in a shipping box, which provides more protection against the highly skilled and conscientious employees of USPS.

dudes i was away on a business trip and i get back open up my mail and bam a ultimate edition of bad company 2 with codes for 7 bucks

[quote name='yesokyesok']dudes i was away on a business trip and i get back open up my mail and bam a ultimate edition of bad company 2 with codes for 7 bucks[/QUOTE]

i second that, except mine was a few weeks ago lol.

[quote name='folkmojo']Contact gamefly about the broken case, they will send you out another one.

At least they did when I emailed them about my broken Fallout NV case.[/QUOTE]

Contacted Gamefly and they're sending me a replacement case and manual :D

My :ps3: Catherine finally arrived today, with the awesome regular box art (as has been mentioned here a few times). The box was so mint that there were still pieces of the shrink wrap stuck to the sides, and disc looks like it's never been used once. My only real complaint is that it took a whole week for it to arrive, but I will just chalk that up to holiday mail timing. So overall, for my first time ordering from GameFly I am quite impressed :applause:

Got an email today warning me the sale ends Jan 3rd, but the only games I noticed as newly added titles were on "sale" for $24.99 used. I'd still like to know when more titles will be added at reasonable prices? I already spent $60, but I am willing to buy more if they add more!

[quote name='tmw214']Contacted Gamefly and they're sending me a replacement case and manual :D[/QUOTE]

how long did it take for them to email you back?

I contacted them this afternonn was wondering when i should expect to hear back from them

[quote name='squijee']how long did it take for them to email you back?

I contacted them this afternonn was wondering when i should expect to hear back from them[/QUOTE]

I reported my problem around 7:00pm last night and got the message letting me know they were sending me a replacement around noon today.You may have to wait til tomorrow to hear back from them

[quote name='tmw214']I reported my problem around 7:00pm last night and got the message letting me know they were sending me a replacement around noon today.You may have to wait til tomorrow to hear back from them[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks for the info

hey- gamefly. look at this. we're practically begging you to take our money for some stuff that's just sitting around collecting dust. come on. you know you wanna. all the cool kids are doin' it.

[quote name='nakedninja']$18 good price for motoerstorm apocalypse if you missed best buy deal?[/QUOTE]

I can see it going down some more. I'd bite at $9.99.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I know this has already been answered but are online passes included? (Mortal Kombat specifically)[/QUOTE]

Yes they are.

I concur with others - this was the most disappointing Gamefly "sale" that I have seen in a long, long time. Might as well have been an Amazon Gold Box sale.

[quote name='jmbreci']I concur with others - this was the most disappointing Gamefly "sale" that I have seen in a long, long time. Might as well have been an Amazon Gold Box sale.[/QUOTE]

Not even close.

Great sale, Picked up Alice, SHadows of the Damned, Fear 3 and Mindjack! Rango and Metro 2033 sold out before i could get them!

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Not even close.

Great sale, Picked up Alice, SHadows of the Damned, Fear 3 and Mindjack! Rango and Metro 2033 sold out before i could get them![/QUOTE]

Just because you missed a game or two, or picked a couple up does not make it a great sale. The fact that almost everything was cheaper during the nightly sales makes it a lackluster and disappointing sale for most. Did you get SoD for $10 shipped? If not, then it was not a "great" sale for you since it was that price during the nightly deals. I am not doing a time machine complaint here, just saying that everyone else was expecting something more based on what GF has done in the past and on last year's "year end" sale.

For those of us who actually follow GF sales, this was indeed disappointing, whether you agree or not.

imo the end of this year was better than last year just because of how long the nightly deals lasted compared to last year's sales which had fewer nightly deals and one big sale at the end.

[quote name='jmbreci']Just because you missed a game or two, or picked a couple up does not make it a great sale.[/QUOTE]

Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean it's not a great sale.

[quote name='jmbreci']Just because you missed a game or two, or picked a couple up does not make it a great sale. The fact that almost everything was cheaper during the nightly sales makes it a lackluster and disappointing sale for most. Did you get SoD for $10 shipped? If not, then it was not a "great" sale for you since it was that price during the nightly deals. I am not doing a time machine complaint here, just saying that everyone else was expecting something more based on what GF has done in the past and on last year's "year end" sale.

For those of us who actually follow GF sales, this was indeed disappointing, whether you agree or not.[/QUOTE]

Shadows of the Damned was $12.99 during the nightly deals, just as it was during the year-end deal, so you're wrong. Most games in this sale were the same price as they were in the nightly deals - I only know of Catherine and maybe a PS3 game or two increasing in price.

Just because you want to pay $5 for every game like in the Best Buy sales doesn't make this a bad sale. Where else can you get 6-month-old or even more recent games for $10-15?

[quote name='Survivalism']Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean it's not a great sale.[/QUOTE]

He's right though. It was a really crappy sale.

The fuck? Sotd was showing up 19 on my end the entire time during this year end unless im missing something, hope people arent talking out of their ass.

[quote name='whitereflection']Shadows of the Damned was $12.99 during the nightly deals, just as it was during the year-end deal, so you're wrong. Most games in this sale were the same price as they were in the nightly deals - I only know of Catherine and maybe a PS3 game or two increasing in price.

Just because you want to pay $5 for every game like in the Best Buy sales doesn't make this a bad sale. Where else can you get 6-month-old or even more recent games for $10-15?[/QUOTE]

SOTD for PS3 was not $12.99 during the year end sale though (it was $19.99).

Maybe that's what the problem is, people are talking about either the PS3 or 360 versions pricing, and GF does not always have the same price for the same game for each system.

[quote name='renique46']The fuck? Sotd was showing up 19 on my end the entire time during this year end unless im missing something, hope people arent talking out of their ass.[/QUOTE]

We're all talking about the Xbox version. You're talking about the PS3 version. Sorry for any confusion there.

[quote name='waldo21212']SOTD for PS3 was not $12.99 during the year end sale though (it was $19.99).
[/quote]

The poster I was quoting was talking about the Xbox version.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']He's right though. It was a really crappy sale.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide some evidence? Because Shadows of the Damned and Alice and other games have never been cheaper anywhere or anytime else. Even when Catherine increased to $24.99 from $17.99, it was still cheaper than anywhere else. A few of the games I bought during the nightly deals like Dynasty Warriors 7 were cheaper in the year-end deal, and I would have bought even more if it weren't for the Best Buy sales draining all my money.

[quote name='whitereflection']We're all talking about the Xbox version. You're talking about the PS3 version. Sorry for any confusion there.

The poster I was quoting was talking about the Xbox version.

Can you provide some evidence? Because Shadows of the Damned and Alice and other games have never been cheaper anywhere or anytime else. Even when Catherine increased to $24.99 from $17.99, it was still cheaper than anywhere else. A few of the games I bought during the nightly deals like Dynasty Warriors 7 were cheaper in the year-end deal, and I would have bought even more if it weren't for the Best Buy sales draining all my money.[/QUOTE]

Game selection was repeats and the prices were the same or higher save for a rare exception. I think if you go back a few pages you'll find the general opinion was that the sale was weak. Evidence? What is this a senate hearing? Grow up and learn to deal with differing opinions than your own.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Game selection was repeats and the prices were the same or higher save for a rare exception. I think if you go back a few pages you'll find the general opinion was that the sale was weak. Evidence? What is this a senate hearing? Grow up and learn to deal with differing opinions than your own.[/QUOTE]

You're the one who said "it was a really crappy sale" without supporting your claim. I'm all for differing opinions, but that's not even an opinion - that's something a teenager would say.

Most of the games were repeats, but save for the titles I mentioned, nothing else went up. If anything, there were more titles that decreased in price. The general consensus of this sale is that it doesn't compete with Best Buy's - but then again, no one can, and as you can read in any of the Best Buy threads, they're hemorrhaging a lot of money.

This sale was fine on its own, but the weekly GF sales leading up to it were superior in selection and price.

It is entertaining reading people get worked up about someone expressing an opinion on the quality of the sale.

I thought the sale wasn't terribly good either. I had personally found a lot of the options new for the same price or cheaper for new. There were a few diamonds in the rough but most of those were seen during daily sales before.

Just got an email saying the copy of Alice I bought was 'received'. I checked my order again and somehow they mixed up my order. It had the right address, yet the wrong city and state. The other two orders I placed on the same day turned out just fine...

[quote name='Saablic']It is entertaining reading people get worked up about someone expressing an opinion on the quality of the sale.

I thought the sale wasn't terribly good either. I had personally found a lot of the options new for the same price or cheaper for new. There were a few diamonds in the rough but most of those were seen during daily sales before.[/QUOTE]

People don't get worked up over stupid things for the sake of stupid things, it's about being right or wrong. Which is a stupid thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Glomerate']People don't worked up over stupid things for the sake of stupid things, it's about being right or wrong. Which is a stupid thing.[/QUOTE]
Reading this made my head hurt. I, on the other hand bought Crysis 2 for $9.99, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for $12.99, and La Noire for $11.99. Every case and manual is mint, and every disc is just like new except for the Lego Pirate game. That one is good, but was cleaned with one of those resurface machines and some of the white cleaner got "inside" of the plastic near the center hole. I have a couple other games that are like that too. No biggie. All in all I think the deals I got were some of the best in a while. The only one that pissed me off a little was seeing LA Noire at Best Buy for $10. Other than that, I saved a ton of cash because I know there is someone out there who paid full price for each of those games.

[quote name='whitereflection']You're the one who said "it was a really crappy sale" without supporting your claim. I'm all for differing opinions, but that's not even an opinion - that's something a teenager would say.

Most of the games were repeats, but save for the titles I mentioned, nothing else went up. If anything, there were more titles that decreased in price. The general consensus of this sale is that it doesn't compete with Best Buy's - but then again, no one can, and as you can read in any of the Best Buy threads, they're hemorrhaging a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I just can't let this slide because you are wrong. This sale did suck and if you had followed GameFly's sales then you would know that. Nobody has to "support his claim" when games in this sale are more than they were in sales over a year ago. It has nothing to do with Best Buy.

What you should take from people saying these prices are up from what they were in previous sales is "I should wait until they are as cheap as they were before" but if you insist on arguing and spending more money go nuts.

Well my Lego pirates must have been lost in the mail. I contacted cs and they're issuing me a refund. I'm a little disappointed because I was really wanting to play it. Guess I'll have to fork out $20 and get it that way.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']Reading this made my head hurt. I, on the other hand bought Crysis 2 for $9.99, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for $12.99, and La Noire for $11.99. Every case and manual is mint, and every disc is just like new except for the Lego Pirate game. That one is good, but was cleaned with one of those resurface machines and some of the white cleaner got "inside" of the plastic near the center hole. I have a couple other games that are like that too. No biggie. All in all I think the deals I got were some of the best in a while. The only one that pissed me off a little was seeing LA Noire at Best Buy for $10. Other than that, I saved a ton of cash because I know there is someone out there who paid full price for each of those games.[/QUOTE]

I did miss a word in there but all in all I'm just saying, it's dumb to argue over this.

bread's done
Back