GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bitter, just don't see a point in discussing missed deals or other deals in a separate deal thread. Should someone say an awd penny deal kills the best buy deals in that thread. Just forum masturbation to me. Discuss the deal or other bs but comparing deals is asinine. I guess this is the Internet and a social circle so whatever.

Radiant Historia is an excellent NDS RPG with interesting turn-based combat, with time travel, and a thoroughly enjoyable story, the reason it is likely still $28 is it is close to out of print (no longer carried by amazon or gamestop online), so this may one of your last opportunities to get it.

I wanted to get three $5 games from Best Buy, but I didn't realize that they were only available to ship to store. I was hoping to get Enslaved, Vanquish and Dragon Age Origins. Since I whiffed on that, I decided to just go ahead and get Transformers: WFC. I've been wanting that game for a long time. I also got a used copy of the Tomb Raider Trilogy from Best Buy for $9.99. I was thinking about getting Vanquish from Gamefly, but I couldn't pass up the total value of the Tomb Raider Trilogy. I'm going to pick up a few more games from Gamestop's B2G1 sale tomorrow, and I'll be done with my holiday video game shopping.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I feel a slight urge to buy Knight Contract, Alice madness, Flashpoint: Red River, and Call of Juarez The Cartel. But I shall resist... for now.[/QUOTE]

Operation Flashpoint: RR is actually a really fun game. It is much more realistic than Call of Duty. For $10, you can't go wrong with that game. It has a great 4-player drop-in/out co-op feature too. Think of it like a Tom Clancy-type game, its more of a thinking man's shooter than a mindless run 'n gun. Teamwork and tactics are the keys to victory.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Radiant Historia is an excellent NDS RPG with interesting turn-based combat, with time travel, and a thoroughly enjoyable story, the reason it is likely still $28 is it is close to out of print (no longer carried by amazon or gamestop online), so this may one of your last opportunities to get it.[/QUOTE]
Beat it over the summer. All sorts of awesome! :bouncy:

Saying a game is cheaper somewhere else is not masturbation...it is helping other CAGs out. Some people may benefit from it and so I think it is worthwhile.

spent over $50.00 already...I want 4 more games. The 2 I am struggling on not buying is Alice and Pirates.......I should just end my sick suffering and buy it

[quote name='cancerman1120']Saying a game is cheaper somewhere else is not masturbation...it is helping other CAGs out. Some people may benefit from it and so I think it is worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying man, but most people do this in relation to better deals that are long gone while simultaneously talking shit about current deals. This just makes people feel like everything is a rip off, a real trend on CAG.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Not bitter, just don't see a point in discussing missed deals or other deals in a separate deal thread. Should someone say an awd penny deal kills the best buy deals in that thread. Just forum masturbation to me. Discuss the deal or other bs but comparing deals is asinine. I guess this is the Internet and a social circle so whatever.[/QUOTE]

But they aren't entirely dead so it is very relevant. Alice was cheaper new while this was going on (sold out again though) and a few others came back in stock recently too. The Best Buy deals haven't all been flash gone before people wake up deals (like this mornings DOTD games) but has been going on for a long time with plenty of opportunity to get in. It makes it hard to buy a used game for 12.99 when Best Buy has been selling new ones for 5.

And how is comparing deals asinine? How am I supposed to know what is a good deal if I don't compare them against others?

Does GF price match their own prices? I bought two games from them on Black Friday and now they're considerably cheaper in this sale. If so, will I get a credit or can I just buy these games again and return the first ones that I bought?

Hmm Sale Goes till Jan 3.. I should get my 5$ Code in the next Day or 2. I have La Noire Out right now so the keep it option for 5 Bucks Seems worth it but didn't see anything else.

Picked up FEAR 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse for 30$, those were the only games I still wanted that I have not got yet.. so I am now invincible to game sales.

Just wanted to laugh at the guy who said he was laughing at us all for gatting Catherine for 18$ earlier, saying he was gonna laugh when it was cheaper at the end of the year sale. The fool missed out, I hope he is crying.

[quote name='Saablic']But they aren't entirely dead so it is very relevant. Alice was cheaper new while this was going on (sold out again though) and a few others came back in stock recently too. The Best Buy deals haven't all been flash gone before people wake up deals (like this mornings DOTD games) but has been going on for a long time with plenty of opportunity to get in. It makes it hard to buy a used game for 12.99 when Best Buy has been selling new ones for 5.

And how is comparing deals asinine? How am I supposed to know what is a good deal if I don't compare them against others?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has had some very fictional posts.. I have tried to jump on some games within a minute of the sale and they have been OOS. If you cannot realistically get the price that you are comparing it to, then its not a fair comparison. I got FEAR 3 for 12$ used on this sale, even though it was 5$ new on BB for maybe 10 seconds this morning... did I get a bad deal?

I bought Homefront (360) during the Nov 2011 sale for $7. Now during the year end sale, they want $10 for it? WTF, the prices are getting worse lol.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You sound like a douche, to me. I wasn't up at night to get on the best buy sale nor are there any in stock in Texas. So while you may be spoiled by them, many aren't. But thanks for letting us know how good it feels.[/QUOTE]

Someone's salty. Have some cheese with your whine.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Picked up FEAR 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse for 30$, those were the only games I still wanted that I have not got yet.. so I am now invincible to game sales.

Just wanted to laugh at the guy who said he was laughing at us all for gatting Catherine for 18$ earlier, saying he was gonna laugh when it was cheaper at the end of the year sale. The fool missed out, I hope he is crying.[/QUOTE]

you check your best buy today? Just got back from buying both of those games new for 5 bucks each. its in the DOTD thread

[quote name='ijustw1n']comparing deals is asinine.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you've grasped the fact that comparing deals is what CAG is all about. Past, current, and future.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Best Buy has had some very fictional posts.. I have tried to jump on some games within a minute of the sale and they have been OOS. If you cannot realistically get the price that you are comparing it to, then its not a fair comparison. I got FEAR 3 for 12$ used on this sale, even though it was 5$ new on BB for maybe 10 seconds this morning... did I get a bad deal?[/QUOTE]

I have been able to get every Best Buy DOTD game that I have wanted with "store pickup".

[quote name='swanz88']Operation Flashpoint: RR is actually a really fun game. It is much more realistic than Call of Duty. For $10, you can't go wrong with that game. It has a great 4-player drop-in/out co-op feature too. Think of it like a Tom Clancy-type game, its more of a thinking man's shooter than a mindless run 'n gun. Teamwork and tactics are the keys to victory.[/QUOTE]
I hate u, u just made resisting that much harder. :lol:

And thus concludes my holiday buying. Got Vanquish and Arcania for 360 and Fist of the North Star for PS3. Wanted Knight's Contract but think that will cost the same amount by the time I actually get to playing it so there's no point.

I am now not going to open up CAG until February to give my wallet a break and actually enjoy all of the games I bought. Going way back to the Blockbuster sales in Mid November until this Gamefly Sale, I have gotten a ridiculous number of games. Its not about buying the games, but playing them too...so I'm off. Thanks a lot CAG, hope the rest of you have a great holiday season!

[quote name='Saablic']I picked up You Don't know Jack for PS3 for 8. I think that would be a good game to play with the wife.[/QUOTE]

I am currently renting it on 360, and it's pretty good. It has many episodes (76 with about 11 questions each), plus quite a bit of DLC. The game is hilarious at times as well.

Definitely worth $8, and I'd have picked it up at that price if they had the 360 version.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Picked up FEAR 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse for 30$, those were the only games I still wanted that I have not got yet.. so I am now invincible to game sales.

Just wanted to laugh at the guy who said he was laughing at us all for gatting Catherine for 18$ earlier, saying he was gonna laugh when it was cheaper at the end of the year sale. The fool missed out, I hope he is crying.[/QUOTE]

Fear 3 is 4.99 at bestbuy.com... ouch

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Best Buy has had some very fictional posts.. I have tried to jump on some games within a minute of the sale and they have been OOS. If you cannot realistically get the price that you are comparing it to, then its not a fair comparison. I got FEAR 3 for 12$ used on this sale, even though it was 5$ new on BB for maybe 10 seconds this morning... did I get a bad deal?[/QUOTE]

Fictional posts? Fear 3 may have sold out online at Best Buy, but it was available, in regards to checking for local store copies, for quite some time and many people got in on that deal, myself included. In fact, your still able to do that as its still up at Best Buy right now. Your local Best Buy's may still have some in stock and unlike many of the other titles that went up for sale the last week on Best Buy, most of the titles last night/this morning were not Outlet items thus could be price matched if you found a copy in store.

As for whether or not Fear is a good deal at 12 bucks....well, if there is a copy sitting at your local Best Buy then I would say no, its not a good deal cause you could have gotten a copy for 5 bucks. Then again its your money so the only person's opinion that matter, in regards to where you spend your money and whether or not you think its worth it, is your own.

And that is why it is a discussion. Some of them didn't last or won't come back so we discuss as to what is a bad deal. It is the same for Vanquish. I would say the 8 - 10 bucks is a good deal because I don't think it will come back in stock or go that cheap again any time soon.

I was just replying to a guy that was whining about people discussing the Best Buy sales.

P.S. I wouldn't say the posts are fictional. A lot of people got in on the deals.

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but they are still adding games.

They just added Field and Stream: Total outdoors challenge and Deadliest catch: Seas of chaos for $6 ea. MLB 2k10 for $5.

[quote name='Scorpion']how much was vanquish????[/QUOTE]

7.99. Worth every penny of the full price I paid for it at launch. Platinum Games cannot be denied.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I have been able to get every Best Buy DOTD game that I have wanted with "store pickup".[/QUOTE]

Good for you.. every store within 60 miles had no in store pick up from the moment the sale started (Austin, TX), and I work, so there is no chance of me being there when the store opens to double check the inventory and beat the flippers.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Good for you.. every store within 60 miles had no in store pick up from the moment the sale started (Austin, TX), and I work, so there is no chance of me being there when the store opens to double check the inventory and beat the flippers.[/QUOTE]

So sad for you, that doesn't make them fictional.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Good for you.. every store within 60 miles had no in store pick up from the moment the sale started (Austin, TX), and I work, so there is no chance of me being there when the store opens to double check the inventory and beat the flippers.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was responding to the claim that the deals were "fictional".

Don't get your underwear in a bunch.

[quote name='vocoder']Fear 3 is 4.99 at bestbuy.com... ouch[/QUOTE]

for the 360, and OOS online and not in any local store.. 12$ for the ps3 is fine with me. for 7$ extra, its not worth my time to go to bestbuy and fight the holiday crowds.

same boat as you man, every store within 45 minutes has jack...those are the breaks I guess

thanks OP! but nothing here for me that they havent already offered in a nightly deal. (did notice that MVC3 for PS3 is 8 bucks more than the 360 version. weird)

[quote name='Saablic']So sad for you, that doesn't make them fictional.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt referring to this one as strictly fictional, but last timet hey posted sales, I clicked withing seconds of the sale going live and they were OOS on the item. Maybe its not "fictional", but there was no way I could have responded faster, and I didnt see any in stock.

I created a new account today but I was not able to purchase games, contacted customer care, it took 30 minutes for them to resolve it. I changed my shipping address and the account again got locked. On top of it, I cannot delete my credit card info. Did anyone else face the same problem?
Finally I ended up deleting my account

bread's done
Back