Gamefly August 2010 Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 9/1.

Highlights include:
:360: Bayonetta $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza 3 $24.99
:ps3: God of War III $21.99
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth $14.99

icongamefly.gif
Complete list:
:360: Rogue Warrior $9.99
:360: Vancouver 2010 $9.99
:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $12.99
:360: Bayonetta $14.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Cabela's Outdoor Adventures 2010 $17.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $19.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $19.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99
:360: Darksiders $21.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $24.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $24.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $24.99

:ps3: Madden NFL 10 $9.99
:ps3: NCAA Football 10 $9.99
:ps3: Vancouver 2010 $9.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Bayonetta $16.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $16.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $17.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:ps3: Band Hero $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $21.99
:ps3: God of War III $21.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $24.99
:ps3: MAG $24.99
:ps3: Yakuza 3 $24.99

:wii: Family Party: 30 Great Games Winter Fun $7.99
:wii: Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll $9.99
:wii: Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel $9.99
:wii: Data East Arcade Classics $9.99
:wii: Fast Food Panic $9.99
:wii: Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked $9.99
:wii: Rec Room Games $9.99
:wii: Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces $9.99
:wii: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:wii: We Ski & Snowboard $9.99
:wii: Yoga: The First 100% Experience $9.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal... $12.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $12.99
:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $12.99
:wii: Ju-on: The Grudge $12.99
:wii: Jurassic: The Hunted $12.99
:wii: MadWorld $12.99
transparent.gif

:wii: SpongeBob's Truth or Square $12.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $14.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $14.99
:wii: My Fitness Coach 2: Exercise & Nutrition $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $17.99
:wii: Press Your Luck 2010 Edition $17.99
:wii: Biggest Loser $17.99
:wii: Endless Ocean: Blue World $19.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $24.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $29.99

:ds: Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Challenge $7.99
:ds: Alice in Wonderland $9.99
:ds: Chronicles of Mystery: Curse of the Ancient... $9.99
:ds: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs $9.99
:ds: Nancy Drew: The Model Mysteries $9.99
:ds: Battle of Giants - Dragons $12.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $14.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $14.99
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth $14.99
:ds: How to Train Your Dragon $14.99
:ds: Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow $17.99
:ds: Percy Jackson & the Olympians... $17.99
:ds: WarioWare D.I.Y. $19.99
:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $21.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chris60319']Thanks OP, picked up AVP and Avatar for the backlog pile.....[/QUOTE]

I bit on AvP too..probably wont even play it for another month :D

[quote name='marineal']has anyone bought ds games from gamefly? are they in much better condition than 360/PS3 disks?[/QUOTE]
You've received bad condition 360/PS3 discs? It's pretty hard to damage a PS3 disc, but scratched up 360 ones I can see happening. But the cases/artwork/manuals always smell new still since they just crack them open to send the discs out in the mail.

[quote name='marineal']has anyone bought ds games from gamefly? are they in much better condition than 360/PS3 disks?[/QUOTE]

Curious as well, think this is the first time I've seen DS games on sale.

Don't really see how they could get as screwed up as the 360/Wii games I've purchased from here.

Still crossing my fingers though...

I would jump on Yakuza if I didn't just buy it from Amazon yesterday. I guess it's not always a great thing to have free 2-day shipping. At least the money is going towards a great franchise.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You've received bad condition 360/PS3 discs? It's pretty hard to damage a PS3 disc, but scratched up 360 ones I can see happening. But the cases/artwork/manuals always smell new still since they just crack them open to send the discs out in the mail.[/QUOTE]
ive yet to get a damaged 360 or ps3 from them and yet to hear complaints, i know they clean the disc everything before they send them out (when you buy)

if your disc looks horrible or doesn't work contact them, ive bought from them atleast 20-30 times and every disc has been perfect

[quote name='JAlbertL']How did the price of ACII go up?[/QUOTE]

It's gone up twice. $12.99 to $17.99 to $19.99. It was a great flip at $12.99 and it was a great price too. I think they went OOS within hours of it being $12.99 the first time. I guess they learned that they were really underpricing it at $12.99.

[quote name='styl3s']ive yet to get a damaged 360 or ps3 from them and yet to hear complaints, i know they clean the disc everything before they send them out (when you buy)

if your disc looks horrible or doesn't work contact them, ive bought from them atleast 20-30 times and every disc has been perfect[/QUOTE]
Like wise. I've never had a problem. Maybe we've been lucky?

Bit on Darksiders and GoW 3 both for ps3. Hoping they come in good condition, never gotten a ps3 game from them before, every game (360/wii) I have ever gotten from them has been in terrible shape.

Was tempted by Ratchet and Clank/Final Fantasy XIII, but with the terrible luck I have had with GF games, I decided not to buy too many games.

Was thinking of getting NCAA Football 10 for PS3. I normally don't buy sports games, but I do like a game of college FB now and then. Best used price I saw on Amazon was $13, so $9.99 w/free shipping is good.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You've received bad condition 360/PS3 discs? It's pretty hard to damage a PS3 disc, but scratched up 360 ones I can see happening. But the cases/artwork/manuals always smell new still since they just crack them open to send the discs out in the mail.[/QUOTE]

You would be shocked to find the way people manage to break PS3 discs. I know of someone who cracked a PS3 game in half "accidentally". Even if you make the discs damn-near indestructible people will still find a way to destroy them. :roll:

[quote name='Rozz']You would be shocked to find the way people manage to break PS3 discs. I know of someone who cracked a PS3 game in half "accidentally". Even if you make the discs damn-near indestructible people will still find a way to destroy them. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You should see the shit customers do at BBV if they get pissed off. One customer took what looked like a screwdriver to the disc and put hundreds of scratches onto the disc. Another put the disc in a microwave or something. The worst part was that according to corporate we were not allowed to blame the customers for the damage, so they got off the hook. Good times, good times.

Thanks. Managed to get in on this early enough. Ended up buying Miles Edgeworth, Data East Arcade Classic (been wanting it because Magical Drops was my favorite NeoGeo game), Sky Crawlers (haven't had luck at Gamestop), and God of War III (the only one I'm likely to play any time soon).

When Bayonetta for PS3 drops to $14.99, I'll be able to buy that back too =P

Snagged GoW Collection and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for 40 shipped (with a 5 dollar reward coupon). I was tempted by Darksiders and Bayonetta, but with both GoW 1 & 2, not to mention a sealed copy of GoW 3, sitting in my backlog, I think I'll be good for third-person visceral action. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='blazah']I grabbed Darksiders for the PS3. Thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I just did. I'm looking forward to some Zelda gameplay!

[quote name='Xiemos']If we do get a beat up 360/PS3 game, is the return process smooth? or do they make you jump through hoops?[/QUOTE]

I bought The Bigs 2 PSP a few months back and it didn't work. Filed a claim with them and they credited my account back the charge for the game. I was supposed to send it back but I forgot about it and they never said anything.

In for Yak 3 and Bioshock 2(360). Thought I missed out big on bioshock for 24.99 from a GS sale. So I'm pleased about that. I've been wanting Yak for awhile but I'm not even sure if I'm going to like it. The whole Japan factor attracts me, but the lost content turns me away. Price seems like it won't be that low again for a long time. Thanks for the heads up! Although I didn't need to add anymore games to my queue....

Is MAG worth $26.49? I'm also thinking about Darksiders, but I feel like that one might drop even more in price at some point, especially since Gamestop already had it on sale for $20 new.

Why isn't D.I. in the highlights section? That's the lowest I've seen it in quite awhile, outside of an EA store glitch or anything else. Picked it up for $13 after my $5 coupon. Already beat this game 10 times (5 on PS3, 5 on 360), and traded it in twice (360 and PS3), but I'm willing to go through it 5 more times for this price.

Absolutely love this game, it's so under-rated.

Are the cases usually looking 'new' like Gamefly claims? I had heard great things about Amazon Warehouse Deals but my COD4 case looked like someone might have spilled chocolate milk on it or something

[quote name='morphineseason']Is MAG worth $26.49? I'm also thinking about Darksiders, but I feel like that one might drop even more in price at some point, especially since Gamestop already had it on sale for $20 new.[/QUOTE]
Unless you practice like crazy with MAG, expect to get your ass handed to you.....ALOT.

It's an online ONLY multiplayer shooter(think Warhawk) that alot of people play incessantly to the point of being insanely good(good enough to pop you almost from the other side of the map).

So if you're easily frustrated by getting put into games with players who are more than a little bit better than you, steer clear.

As for Darksiders, I have a feeling the $20 new price is going to be it's MSRP soon enough.

[quote name='kjs7']Are the cases usually looking 'new' like Gamefly claims? I had heard great things about Amazon Warehouse Deals but my COD4 case looked like someone might have spilled chocolate milk on it or something[/QUOTE]

Every case I've received from Gamefly has been absolutely perfect and I've ordered about 10 used games from them.

I've never ordered used games from anywhere else because I can't stand to have dirty/damaged cases.

[quote name='kjs7']Are the cases usually looking 'new' like Gamefly claims? I had heard great things about Amazon Warehouse Deals but my COD4 case looked like someone might have spilled chocolate milk on it or something[/QUOTE]

The cases I've gotten are nearly brand new, as in it still has the security sticker on the edge of the case(though the strip has obviously been broken since it's open).

In for Darksiders (PS3) and Bayonetta (360). Good thing I haven't opened the Bayonetta I got from Best Buy yet, I'll be able to return that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unless you practice like crazy with MAG, expect to get your ass handed to you.....ALOT.

It's an online ONLY multiplayer shooter(think Warhawk) that alot of people play incessantly to the point of being insanely good(good enough to pop you almost from the other side of the map).

So if you're easily frustrated by getting put into games with players who are more than a little bit better than you, steer clear.

As for Darksiders, I have a feeling the $20 new price is going to be it's MSRP soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's kind of the feeling I got from when I was in the beta before its release. I was hoping maybe the final release had improved on some of those issues, but apparently it hasn't.

[quote name='Da_man24']I bought Yakuza 3 and Ratchet and Clank. I'm hoping the PS3 games won't be scratched.[/QUOTE]

Even if they had a knife taken to the discs, it would still work. PS3 games are on blu-ray discs with scratch resistant coating.

In for Alien vs Predator and finally broke down for Bayonetta...as for Bioshock 2, I'll probably pick it up come Black Friday when Gamefly probably puts it on sale again.

The cases are basically brand new. They are obviously opened by a box knife, however. I may be in the minority, but roughly half of the games I have ordered came with a knife slice into the plastic on top of the case where someone got a little overzealous cutting through the security tape. It is usually not enough to make me replace the case, though, and I am generally pretty picky.

bread's done
Back