Gamefly August 2010 Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 9/1.

Highlights include:
:360: Bayonetta $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza 3 $24.99
:ps3: God of War III $21.99
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth $14.99

icongamefly.gif
Complete list:
:360: Rogue Warrior $9.99
:360: Vancouver 2010 $9.99
:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $12.99
:360: Bayonetta $14.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Cabela's Outdoor Adventures 2010 $17.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $19.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $19.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99
:360: Darksiders $21.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $24.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $24.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $24.99

:ps3: Madden NFL 10 $9.99
:ps3: NCAA Football 10 $9.99
:ps3: Vancouver 2010 $9.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Bayonetta $16.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $16.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $17.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:ps3: Band Hero $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $21.99
:ps3: God of War III $21.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $24.99
:ps3: MAG $24.99
:ps3: Yakuza 3 $24.99

:wii: Family Party: 30 Great Games Winter Fun $7.99
:wii: Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll $9.99
:wii: Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel $9.99
:wii: Data East Arcade Classics $9.99
:wii: Fast Food Panic $9.99
:wii: Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked $9.99
:wii: Rec Room Games $9.99
:wii: Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces $9.99
:wii: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:wii: We Ski & Snowboard $9.99
:wii: Yoga: The First 100% Experience $9.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal... $12.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $12.99
:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $12.99
:wii: Ju-on: The Grudge $12.99
:wii: Jurassic: The Hunted $12.99
:wii: MadWorld $12.99
transparent.gif

:wii: SpongeBob's Truth or Square $12.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $14.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $14.99
:wii: My Fitness Coach 2: Exercise & Nutrition $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $17.99
:wii: Press Your Luck 2010 Edition $17.99
:wii: Biggest Loser $17.99
:wii: Endless Ocean: Blue World $19.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $24.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $29.99

:ds: Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Challenge $7.99
:ds: Alice in Wonderland $9.99
:ds: Chronicles of Mystery: Curse of the Ancient... $9.99
:ds: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs $9.99
:ds: Nancy Drew: The Model Mysteries $9.99
:ds: Battle of Giants - Dragons $12.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $14.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $14.99
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth $14.99
:ds: How to Train Your Dragon $14.99
:ds: Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow $17.99
:ds: Percy Jackson & the Olympians... $17.99
:ds: WarioWare D.I.Y. $19.99
:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $21.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I am tempted on bioshock 2. The dlc on on sale next week i believe so why not? I am worried about the condition of the 360 games through. I have such bad luck on about 20 orders. I ended up cracking and stopped buying even if good sales. I might not order it just thinking about it disgusts me oh the problems i had. There CS was so awful saying i got to many bad discs and could no longer buy there. I kept the games anyways and they got there money. I did complain a bunch and was told to return a bunch but i just said forget it and bought somewhere else. Some reason all the outer edges of the discs have so many chips. I had 75% of the discs i got have this. Most played fine but sounded like a jet plane in my 360. I will not ruin my drive to play messed up discs. It took me over a month almost every day replying back to there nasty emails to me to get my account unbanned. The thing is i never ordered since so my time wasted getting unbanned was wasted.

Anyways i do not recommend them it seems like GS in the slums or something. The discs look brand new but enough of them came cracked and slashed and in pieces. The way they shipped them at that time is why...

Anyways if you are lucky with them good job but i and others i know had nothing but problems with them. This was the 360 games nothing else was bought but the ps3 and others seem to come fine.

$20 new for bioshock 2 will be here soon enough wait on it. Same with bay

[quote name='mewantgames']In for bayonetta (360) here's hoping the disk isn't scratched to hell.[/QUOTE]

I got Bayonetta on the last sale and the case/artwork/manual/disk were in perfect condition. Hopefully yours comes the same.

Picked up GOW3...but I gotta stop surfing this site! I picked up Uncharted 2 last week and I'm planning on preordering Spiderman SD. I don't need to buy anymore games...in September lol

Thanks OP! Got Yakuza 3 and Darksiders on PS3 and Dante Inferno for 360. More crap for my backlog. I'm just now getting around to playing Fallout 3. I guess I'll play these sometime in 2011 if I'm lucky.

To those concerned about disc/case conditions from GF. I love getting my used games from them and look for this link every month. This will be my 4th order with them and I have yet to get a game that hasn't been in excellent shape. Maybe I've just been lucky but I wouldn't hesitate in buying from them again.

damn you CAG, well not really, you know i cant stay mad at you :)

but dang i just picked up GOW Collection and GOW 3 and i dont even have a PS3 anymore. this is like the home shopping impulse buy, "act now cause quantities are limited and once there sold out there gone for good."

live by the CAG, go broke by the CAG.

Screw it. I caved in. I'm in for MAG and Darksiders. I figure if I can't get over the learning curve in MAG, I can maybe flip it, for the amount I paid, to one of my friends. General consensus from the reviews seems to be that it takes getting used to and team work, but the experience is rewarding. And I've been meaning to pick up Darksiders since it came out. I'm sure I'll regret getting it, when 2 months from now it will probably drop to something ridiculous, like $7.99, but oh well.

Damn you Gamefly and your good deals! :bomb:

Finally getting around to playing Bioshock on 360 ( I know.... a few years late ) and love it. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Bioshock 2 as much as the first one, but can't deny picking it up for $16 /w tax and free delivery.

Thanks OP!!

Grabbed AvP and Dante's Inferno for the 360. I'd wanted both games for a while, but never really felt like paying $30+ for either of them. This is my first time buying from Gamefly, so hopefully all will work out well.

Kind of off topic but How does the free month work when you get a referral from someone? Do you get it up front or does it just delay your next payment after you start up again?

I went ahead and ordered three games. I bought Bayonetta and Bioshock 2 on XBOX 360, Darksiders on PS3. At $14.99 + tax and free shipping, I thought it was a pretty great on all three games.

I'll just have to check the 360 games once they arrive to make sure they're playable since dvd surfaces are nowhere near as resilient as the bluray layer.

[quote name='myka22']Nice, I picked up Bayonetta, hopefully its good.[/QUOTE]

It pretty freaking crazy with a touch of awesome .. I didnt think to much of the idea but damn that game is fun .. Im pretty sure you'll be pleasantly surprised about it

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is AvP worth 15?[/QUOTE]
According to a buddy of mine who played my copy of the game for the PS3 the campaigns for each(Marine, Alien, Predator) are about 4-5 hours for each, so you're looking at a 12-15 hour game total if you play all three campaigns.

He also said there were freezing issues with the Predator campaign if you attempted to switch vision modes while on the move.

So take that for what you will.

Do you have to be a member to order anything from them? That GOW3 deal is very tempting, but I do not want to get stuck into joining their service and paying a fee.

[quote name='blacksteve']Do you have to be a member to order anything from them? That GOW3 deal is very tempting, but I do not want to get stuck into joining their service and paying a fee.[/QUOTE]

Nope you just make an account and buy what you want. :)

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Nope you just make an account and buy what you want. :)[/QUOTE]
Sounds good. Thanks! Also, if I was to purchase GOW3 used, it would come with the manual and booklet with the disc? Sorry for all the questions. I have nevered bought anything from Gamefly.

[quote name='blacksteve']Sounds good. Thanks! Also, if I was to purchase GOW3 used, it would come with the manual and booklet with the disc? Sorry for all the questions. I have nevered bought anything from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Yup brand new case and manual, opened of course.

AvP priced at $14.99 is ideal for those who know they want the game. For those on the fence, who want to wait, you have until the end of the month to decide or until the game sells out. Just don't ask if it's worth it if Gamefly has the game for $11.99 and you just so happen to have to pay for shipping after the month.

Im sure this has been asked but are the coupon codes they have tied to specific accounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangit.... Was gonna get Yakuza 3 but didn't get a chance till tonight and now it's out of stock :( O'well.. maybe it will come back in stock.

[quote name='kube00']Im sure this has been asked but are the coupon codes they have tied to specific accounts?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are actually.

[quote name='kryptonic']Dangit.... Was gonna get Yakuza 3 but didn't get a chance till tonight and now it's out of stock :( O'well.. maybe it will come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

$25 is still kind of pricey, it'll probably drop more at some point.

I picked Yakuza 3 anyway though. I ended up spending $120 on a few games. Darn you CAG! You make me spend all my $$$.

Got my shipping notification email abt 2 hours after ordering Darksiders. DANG, they ship out these sales items faster than they ship out rented games.

picked up

blue dragon shadow for 16 (or 11 after 5 gamefly bucks)

tempted to grab

NCAA football 2010 for PS2 for 9 but probally come all scratched up

and temped to buy

Mimana: Iyar Chronicles for 19.87 after 10% discount

BUT i think we will see this game SEALED For 20 before long

and almost had the game beat when i returned it and its an awful game

I think blue dragon will be a longer game then IVAR

Used my last 5 game bucks Sadly im leaving gamefly Comes sept 14 With my backlog and all of my trade in credit gone no reason to pay 16 per month anymore

I hope this doesn't sound dumb, since "ends on Sept 1" seems pretty self-explanatary, but I just want to be 100% sure since I get paid on the first...This deal will still be going on during the 1st of September?

And also, most of the games I buy during monthly sales aren't at the end, so does anyone have any idea what the selection is like at the end of a sale? I remember waiting for Arkham Asylum a couple sales ago to come in stock. Can I expect some of the AAA titles to still be in stock? I know GoW3 already went OOS right?
I just want Dante's for $20, since that has been my sweet spot.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
I know GoW3 already went OOS right?
[/QUOTE]
If it did go OOS, it's back now. Just ordered it.

bread's done
Back