GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely loved Catherine. The only beef I have with it is that your "choices" that you make throughout the game don't really have any effect on the gameplay. It all just depends on whether you're good/evil/neutral at the end, that's the only thing that changes.

Picked up Space Marine! $9.99 was the sweet spot for that one.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I know what you mean. I was pretty disappointed with it personally. If it wasn't like...80% block puzzles I would have liked it better.[/QUOTE]

I would hope everyone knows what they're getting into at this point. You either love the block puzzles or you don't.

I loved them personally.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']I absolutely loved Catherine. The only beef I have with it is that your "choices" that you make throughout the game don't really have any effect on the gameplay. It all just depends on whether you're good/evil/neutral at the end, that's the only thing that changes.[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts for Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='LordVila']My exact thoughts for Mass Effect 3.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Well at least I will not have put in 70 hours to get to that point with this game.

[quote name='crazydom2']I would hope everyone knows what they're getting into at this point. You either love the block puzzles or you don't.

I loved them personally.[/QUOTE]
I think people may not be aware just how much of the game is block puzzles. I wish there was a mode where I could play everything but the block puzzles. It may only be a couple of hours long, but it would be infinitely more enjoyable to me.
[quote name='LordVila']My exact thoughts for Mass Effect 3.[/QUOTE]

Also 1 and 2. I don't know why people act like 3 is the only one that does that.

I grabbed Catherine for 360. I see everyone is upset about the PS3 version going out of stock. Do you guys only have PS3's or is that version way better or something?

[quote name='Thaster']Man, I've also been trying to get Catherine for the PS3...
I showed up a little to late to the party. :/[/QUOTE]

Same here... And considering no one can post the right links doesn't help

Seems many people missed out on Catherine, I haven't been following Gamefly for awhile now since none of the sales interest me, buy I would've probably bitten on Catherine since it's the lowest price I've seen it for. Not too shabby of a game either, seems to have some good replay value. Hoping they get some more.

[quote name='mightymek']I grabbed Catherine for 360. I see everyone is upset about the PS3 version going out of stock. Do you guys only have PS3's or is that version way better or something?[/QUOTE]
The 360 and PS3 versions uses different type of anti-aliasing. 2xMSAA for 360, and Quincunx AA for PS3. Picture looks clearer on PS3, during fast or quick scene changes. Overall both games are comparable but PS3 has slightly better looking cutscenes compared to the 360 version.

The PS3 version is more popular cause you get the blond girl(Catherine) as your art cover, instead of the 360 version where you get the one with the glasses(Katherine).;)

[quote name='MauraderShields']Catherine is a fucking masterpiece. I would buy it again for ps3 just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]
This.

I finally bought it a couple weeks ago for $30 and thought it was worth every penny. One of the best games I've played in a long time. $15 is a steal.

[quote name='htz']The 360 and PS3 versions uses different type of anti-aliasing. 2xMSAA for 360, and Quincunx AA for PS3. Picture looks clearer on PS3, during fast or quick scene changes. Overall both games are comparable but PS3 has slightly better looking cutscenes compared to the 360 version.

The PS3 version is more popular cause you get the blond girl(Catherine) as your art cover, instead of the 360 version where you get the one with the glasses(Katherine).;)[/QUOTE]
Katherine > Catherine ;)

I've owned the game since release. Amazing game. I've never regretted pre-ordering it and paying full price.

[quote name='htz']The 360 and PS3 versions uses different type of anti-aliasing. 2xMSAA for 360, and Quincunx AA for PS3. Picture looks clearer on PS3, during fast or quick scene changes. Overall both games are comparable but PS3 has slightly better looking cutscenes compared to the 360 version.

The PS3 version is more popular cause you get the blond girl(Catherine) as your art cover, instead of the 360 version where you get the one with the glasses(Katherine).;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I played the demo on the 360 when it first came out and thought it was great, so I can just pretend you never said anything about the PS3 version looking a little better. As for the covers, the one with glasses is hot enough for my collection, heh.

Halo Anny got here today; Chipped, scratched to hell and wouldn't load. Out of the 6 orders I've placed with these Gamefly deals 2 of them have been unable to read. The CSR gave me a $5 credit when I called about returning Halo. All I had to do was explain how disappointed I was and not be a dick about it.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Halo Anny got here today; Chipped, scratched to hell and wouldn't load. Out of the 6 orders I've placed with these Gamefly deals 2 of them have been unable to read. The CSR gave me a $5 credit when I called about returning Halo. All I had to do was explain how disappointed I was and not be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

I suggest installing each game you get to the hard drive just to test the full disc (you can delete it when it's done). Some might have dirty disc errors further in the game not just at booting up.

Sorry to hear about that bro.

For the rest of you guys: What's so great about Catherin? I played the PS3 demo, and thought the puzzles were pretty hectic. At least for me, it didn't seem that "great!" No offense.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Halo Anny got here today; Chipped, scratched to hell and wouldn't load. Out of the 6 orders I've placed with these Gamefly deals 2 of them have been unable to read. The CSR gave me a $5 credit when I called about returning Halo. All I had to do was explain how disappointed I was and not be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Sorry to hear about that bro.

For the rest of you guys: What's so great about Catherin? I played the PS3 demo, and thought the puzzles were pretty hectic. At least for me, it didn't seem that "great!" No offense.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet, but most people seem to like it for the story.

The story in Catherine is great. It's the reason to play the game, really. It's a really refreshing story compared to other recent game.

If you're still looking for Catherine on the PS3, and you're a paying member of Gamefly, it still has a keep it price of $14.99, and is (currently) available for rent.

[quote name='Coltin']The story in Catherine is great. It's the reason to play the game, really. It's a really refreshing story compared to other recent game.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='exaznkid']dammit why do i keep missing out on catherine[/QUOTE]

This. In the past has there been a general time stuff goes back in stock if it does at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']This. In the past has there been a general time stuff goes back in stock if it does at all?[/QUOTE]

No, it's been pretty random. You may just want to keep refreshing the page, but the odds probably aren't in your favor for a restock.

[quote name='tylerh1701']No, it's been pretty random. You may just want to keep refreshing the page, but the odds probably aren't in your favor for a restock.[/QUOTE]

QFT. When I missed No More Heroes for $9.99, I kept refreshing the page every chance I got. I needed to get that game! I checked back randomly at 1pm two days later, and I didn't hesitate to order it. Hate/love this damn site, lol.

bread's done
Back