GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
LA distribution center rocks!

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']Got Rayman and no chips on the disc at all came from the LA distribution center[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']LA distribution center rocks![/QUOTE]

I live in Salt Lake, I don't know why I'm served by the Pittsburgh one rather than the LA one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I live in Salt Lake, I don't know why I'm served by the Pittsburgh one rather than the LA one.[/QUOTE]

I live in LA and I'm served by the Pittsburgh one...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']games today arent hard. they have checkpoints and all that.

beat a game like battletoads then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]

Games today can still be hard. They are just nicer.

Going back and playing games from when I was growing up showed me just how unbalanced and mean they were. I almost feel like the creators where intentionally being asshats ;).

^ I'm in LA, too. Usually get games super-fast. However, I ordered Dark Souls last Saturday and it still hasn't arrived.
Not that I was going to play it until I finish Mass Effect 3, but still...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Got Rayman and HP 5-7, both ps3, today. Chipped as usual. I always get my games from the PA distribution center, im wonder if maybe its only this distribution center with the chipping problem?[/QUOTE]

I almost always get my games from Pittsburgh and have never once had a chipped disc.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Beat Contra 1 without inputting the Konami Code and let's see if you still have the same opinion haha[/QUOTE]Better yet, beat Contra without losing a life. Good lord, I played the hell outta that game.

Mine come from Pittsburgh as well. Received Lego Harry Potter today and is does have some small dents on the edge of the disk, not sure if this is what you are referring to as "chipped" or not. Anyway, this is the first disk I received that wasn't just like new, though it is still very close to it. Maybe it's not Gamely as much as it is spiteful mailmen. Remember to leave them cookies for Christmas and I bet these problems go away.

I beat Contra 1 (with the konami code) but I ended the game with over 30 lives. The new Contra "Hard Corps Uprising" is even harder than the old ones, bullets flying from all directions, and the arcade mode and bosses are ridiculous.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Games today can still be hard. They are just nicer.

Going back and playing games from when I was growing up showed me just how unbalanced and mean they were. I almost feel like the creators where intentionally being asshats ;).[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The thing is, those games were like that not because the developers simply wanted to give gamers a challenge, it was because if they weren't incredibly difficult they could have mostly been beaten in under an hour. However, when a game is insanely hard, people felt like they were actually getting their money's worth, because it would take them so much longer to finish as opposed to knocking it out in one sitting.

Sorry to hear about that, man.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I live in Salt Lake, I don't know why I'm served by the Pittsburgh one rather than the LA one.[/QUOTE]

I Got served by the Pittsburgh one and both my Runs and Rayman are a bit scuffy, but installed on my 360 fine AND my Run was a Limited Edition.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Better yet, beat Contra without losing a life. Good lord, I played the hell outta that game.[/QUOTE]

I've done this before. I pretty much suck at most games compared to most gamers, but this I've done... Only because of repetition and a Hell of a lot of luck.

[quote name='orcishlad']I'm in Washington (state) and I always get served by the Pittsburgh distribution center whenever I order used games.[/QUOTE]

During the last time I tried Gamefly for $1, everything I picked came from Austin or Seattle. And I live in Pittsburgh, about 10 minutes from their facility. Dunno if it was just an issue of stock or what, but each game took a full week to get here.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Beat Contra 1 without inputting the Konami Code and let's see if you still have the same opinion haha[/QUOTE]
I can easily all day long. Contra 1 is not a hard game at all. Even years later when I downloaded it on XBLA. No longer remembering where every single person is, I still beat it without any trouble.

[quote name='AsherFischell']Exactly. The thing is, those games were like that not because the developers simply wanted to give gamers a challenge, it was because if they weren't incredibly difficult they could have mostly been beaten in under an hour. However, when a game is insanely hard, people felt like they were actually getting their money's worth, because it would take them so much longer to finish as opposed to knocking it out in one sitting.[/QUOTE]

That, and I like to believe most game were just arcade ports or made in that era of game development thinking. Trying to get you to pluck in more quarters.

[quote name='celegus']During the last time I tried Gamefly for $1, everything I picked came from Austin or Seattle. And I live in Pittsburgh, about 10 minutes from their facility. Dunno if it was just an issue of stock or what, but each game took a full week to get here.[/QUOTE]

Wow even at $1/month I wouldn't subscribe if it took that long to deliver. The hassle just isn't worth it, and you probably won't get the game you wanted at the time you wanted.

What are other experiences? Like how many games did you, or could get per month? I worked out Netflix (just physical, not counting streaming) to be not worth in when compared to Redbox. I can't imagine Gamefly's bad turn around since it will surely take more than 1.5-2hrs to beat a game.

I received my :ps3: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 today and it is one of the most minty games I've ever received from any company. Everything is absolutely pristine.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']That, and I like to believe most game were just arcade ports or made in that era of game development thinking. Trying to get you to pluck in more quarters.

Wow even at $1/month I wouldn't subscribe if it took that long to deliver. The hassle just isn't worth it, and you probably won't get the game you wanted at the time you wanted.

What are other experiences? Like how many games did you, or could get per month? I worked out Netflix (just physical, not counting streaming) to be not worth in when compared to Redbox. I can't imagine Gamefly's bad turn around since it will surely take more than 1.5-2hrs to beat a game.[/QUOTE]

For the brief time I had Gamefly, I enjoyed it. I live close to a shipping center and my games would have a 3 day turn around, which is on par with Netflix.

Speaking of Netflix, I love older movies and TV shows. I just watched Three Days of the Condor and Straw Dogs (1971) which I can't get on Redbox or my local Blockbuster.

[quote name='Tsel']I received my :ps3: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 today and it is one of the most minty games I've ever received from any company. Everything is absolutely pristine.[/QUOTE]

minty.png

[quote name='AukeySeven']I often play my shortest games to get my backlog down, love em' short ones.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm all about short games such as say, Darkness II with a 6-7 hour campaign. Not much of a multiplayer gamer either.

Tried to buy Lego HP 5-7 but it wants to charge me $2.98 shipping? Sent an email asking about it, said 24 hrs to respond. First time buyer at GF, I went all the way up to putting in payment info and it still showed the charge. ???

[quote name='dubldave']Tried to buy Lego HP 5-7 but it wants to charge me $2.98 shipping? Sent an email asking about it, said 24 hrs to respond. First time buyer at GF, I went all the way up to putting in payment info and it still showed the charge. ???[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the sale has ended (I take it you were trying to get it for DS), thus no more free shipping on it.

[quote name='waldo21212']Pretty sure the sale has ended (I take it you were trying to get it for DS), thus no more free shipping on it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I actually clicked on the free shipping sorting option after I saw it was charging it and it still linked to HP 5-7 DS so guess I'll wait and see what they say.

[quote name='CheapyD']Tonight's deals are reruns from the last few weeks.[/QUOTE]

hopefully some of the ds games make it back.. finally got my level 3 membership restored

Not related to deals, but I picked up Crisis Core PSP for $4 after coupon.

There's some cheap PSP games still available:

- Crisis Core $8
- FF Tactics $8
- Third Birthday $12

[quote name='nnthomas']Not related to deals, but I picked up Crisis Core PSP for $4 after coupon.

There's some cheap PSP games still available:

- Crisis Core $8
- FF Tactics $8
- Third Birthday $12[/QUOTE]

they show

for me and that is after the 10% off 3rd level

very tempted to get Harry potter 5-7 for 7.19 but heard its very bad

Tactics is a good deal if it's complete and black label. Not sure about 3rd Birthday. Crisis Core can be picked up in better condition elsewhere though; for some reason that one just isn't worth much.

Just received ICO and Prince of Persia Trilogy for the ps3. They both came with the case and manual but there are what looks like one or two small dot/chip on disc i hope they are able to be read by the console :cry:

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did anyone here order KOF XIII from GF? if so, did the soundtrack come with it?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it for PS3 - ill let u know when it arrives in a couple days.

[quote name='blinknot4']I ordered it for PS3 - ill let u know when it arrives in a couple days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :D

Now, Hopefully Rayman again, or Catherine? xD

Deals appear to be live. DS stuff, Dead Island, NFS The Run, Silent Hill HD, Ass Creed Rev, Halo Anniversary, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One.

No Rayman.

The Dead Island:ps3: order i bought for $15 arrived today w/ Silent Hill: Downpour:ps3: copy inside the DI cover. Is that a good or a bad thing?:D I will just inform their cs tomorrow.

bread's done
Back