Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2

[quote name='sublime90']ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2[/QUOTE]

I have been playing it nonstop since I received it. I absolutely love it.

[quote name='Yamato']Its really up to you. While some people have had issues with chips, I've ordered a handful of games from GF over the last year or so and never had any problems. I'm sure there is an equal or greater amount of people that haven't had that problem - we just haven't heard them. People like to sing out when there is a problem, as they should. How often do you hear people saying that everything went perfectly? Not nearly as often.

If I went out to eat last night and everything went as expected, it isn't very noteworthy. If I found a finger in my soup, I'd probably let you guys know.[/QUOTE]
This thread (and the thread before it) have been going for a very long time. CAGs tend to communicate their experience, and since the chipped versus non-chipped thing has been an issue since the beginning of time, I can tell you that pretty much every CAG who has bought discs through GameFly has posted their experiences on the threads.

There have been multiple accounts of people receiving 10-15 GameFly discs, having all but one or two received with chips. It's a safe bet to say that 75% or so of CAGs here receive chipped discs on 90% of their orders. There are also some accounts (though generally fewer) of CAGs getting those 10-15 discs and only having one or two of them chipped. That solidifies that fact that certain distribution centers almost always send out chipped discs, while others almost never do. Unfortunately the problem behind that is that most distribution centers send out chipped discs.

Like you said, it's the luck of the draw. GameFly has a good return policy, so it's always worth a shot. I just haven't seen anything come up for sale that I've needed yet.

Here here! Great summary.

[quote name='Idiotekque']This thread (and the thread before it) have been going for a very long time. CAGs tend to communicate their experience, and since the chipped versus non-chipped thing has been an issue since the beginning of time, I can tell you that pretty much every CAG who has bought discs through GameFly has posted their experiences on the threads.

There have been multiple accounts of people receiving 10-15 GameFly discs, having all but one or two received with chips. It's a safe bet to say that 75% or so of CAGs here receive chipped discs on 90% of their orders. There are also some accounts (though generally fewer) of CAGs getting those 10-15 discs and only having one or two of them chipped. That solidifies that fact that certain distribution centers almost always send out chipped discs, while others almost never do. Unfortunately the problem behind that is that most distribution centers send out chipped discs.

Like you said, it's the luck of the draw. GameFly has a good return policy, so it's always worth a shot. I just haven't seen anything come up for sale that I've needed yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']This thread (and the thread before it) have been going for a very long time. CAGs tend to communicate their experience, and since the chipped versus non-chipped thing has been an issue since the beginning of time, I can tell you that pretty much every CAG who has bought discs through GameFly has posted their experiences on the threads.

Like you said, it's the luck of the draw. GameFly has a good return policy, so it's always worth a shot. I just haven't seen anything come up for sale that I've needed yet.[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize that the problem was so prevalent. I'm sure this more than answers his question, thanks.

Received :ps3:Rayman Origins from the Pittsburg distribution center, only 3 tiny chips on one side of the disc, none more than a millimeter wide. It's fine.

So the consensus is that the Pittsburg location is more likely to send out games with chips in them? My order for :360:Battlefield 3 that arrived last week was immaculate and was from the LA center, so that theory holds true with my recent purchases.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Received :ps3:Rayman Origins from the Pittsburg distribution center, only 3 tiny chips on one side of the disc, none more than a millimeter wide. It's fine.

So the consensus is that the Pittsburg location is more likely to send out games with chips in them? My order for :360:Battlefield 3 that arrived last week was immaculate and was from the LA center, so that theory holds true with my recent purchases.[/QUOTE]
It's hard to say; it's an ongoing process figuring that out. Your input is helpful though!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's the way to do it man! I'm glad you were able to get Catherine. Such as awesome game! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm a pretty big Atlus fan, but have been pushing this game off until later, but at $14.99 I can't pass that deal up. I was sitting at the computer refreshing the page up constantly last week in hopes of the game being restocked, but I used the free trial and put Catherine 1st on my queue on Friday in hopes that they would ship it out today. Now to use the free trial to rent Amazing Spider-Man when it comes out next week is next. :)

For anyone who has WWE All Stars, can you confirm if the game freezes for a split second after a K.O. win while the loading symbol pops up in the corner because mine does it and I'm afraid the chips around the edge of the disc may be making it a bit more difficult to read and causing this.

Catherine just came in today and aside from two extremely small chips & a minor scratch on the disc, the case, manual & disc came in great condition.
I think I also got it from the Pittsburgh center, aside from a PA being on part of the envelope, I can't check it since I tore it up along with that note on the inside.

Got my copy of NFS in today. It's easily the most scratched game I've got from Gamefly, but it installed to the 360 hard drive so I guess it's fine.

[quote name='thefinal87']I'm a pretty big Atlus fan, but have been pushing this game off until later, but at $14.99 I can't pass that deal up. I was sitting at the computer refreshing the page up constantly last week in hopes of the game being restocked, but I used the free trial and put Catherine 1st on my queue on Friday in hopes that they would ship it out today. Now to use the free trial to rent Amazing Spider-Man when it comes out next week is next. :)[/QUOTE]

That's amazing! My HDD took a dump recently so I lost all of my recent saves. :( My girl and I were playing the first few levels. We decided to push all of the clicks out of the way. I just remember her saying, "is that the exit falling the background?'" It'll be fun doing that all over again, lol.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on Battlefield 3.

Edit: posted too soon, added to cart and then got out of stock notice upon completing checkout.

Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they always run out of stock so fast? Are they only selling a handful of copies at a time?

It seems weird that Battlefield is always back out of stock within 10 minutes of them restocking it.

[quote name='LifeMakesMeLOL']How do they always run out of stock so fast? Are they only selling a handful of copies at a time?

It seems weird that Battlefield is always back out of stock within 10 minutes of them restocking it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would guess it's most likely due to cancellations and/or rentals being returned that gamefly decides to make available to buy.

I have bought many games from gamefly all for ps3 and never even once did I get a disk that didn't look like brand new. I get my games from Dallas gamefly and if I am not wrong once or twice from LA and my experience has been stellar

From what u have ready from this thread and many gamefly threads before this is that xbox369 games from gamefly are a risky buy but ps3 versions usually are like new

When exactly does gamefly start listing new games? Don't they do it on a monthly basis or something? Or is it random?

I'd really like to buy Asura's wrath but when the cheapest around is 45 used, I figure gamefly is a very likely candidate for the first place to have it cheap.

target just had it for 30 a couple weeks ago, so gamefly would be the second.

[quote name='Enixbelmont']

I'd really like to buy Asura's wrath but when the cheapest around is 45 used, I figure gamefly is a very likely candidate for the first place to have it cheap.[/QUOTE]

I kInd of wonder how many copies of Catherine GameFly ordered when it first came out. I mean, it goes in sale almost every time they have a sale like this, always sells out, yet constantly gets restocked all the while remaining "high" as a rental option.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I kInd of wonder how many copies of Catherine GameFly ordered when it first came out. I mean, it goes in sale almost every time they have a sale like this, always sells out, yet constantly gets restocked all the while remaining "high" as a rental option.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I believe this was the third or fourth time that they offered it through their sales. I believe it was $24.99, and $14.99 respectively. I think they probably ordered 1,000 copies in all. 500 for Xbox, and 500 for PS3. If they offered 300 copies for all of the sales combined (150 each console) , they'd still have quite a few to rent/sale. I hope that makes sense, lol.

GameFly got back to me about the missing slipcover from my Halo Anniversary. Said they were shipping out a replacement case and manual. Didn't say slipcover specifically, but hopefully it's included this time.

I guess they make enough money that they can afford to do this, to placate completist weirdos like myself.

[quote name='morrodox']GameFly got back to me about the missing slipcover from my Halo Anniversary. Said they were shipping out a replacement case and manual. Didn't say slipcover specifically, but hopefully it's included this time.

I guess they make enough money that they can afford to do this, to placate completist weirdos like myself.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same way. Gohastings sent me White Knight Chronicles II and it didn't have a manual, so i went to Gamestop and took one from one of their copies. Lmao :lol:

Yeah, Gamefly is slow to update their store. I'm maintaining the PC Download Sale thread and sometimes had to wait till 10.xx AM to finally post the updated prices.

Get it while it's hot folks, don't know how much longer Gamefly will let this run.

[quote name='thefinal87']If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same way. Gohastings sent me White Knight Chronicles II and it didn't have a manual, so i went to Gamestop and took one from one of their copies. Lmao :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's great. I considered doing that for my copy of Yakuza 3 that I snagged for $6. My friend stopped me though, lol.

[quote name='sublime90']ive been waiting for a cheap deal on WWE AllStars. will be the first wrestling game ive bought sense smackdown here comes the pain on PS2[/QUOTE]

Probably the best one since then as well, unless you count Fire Pro. I had a ton of fun with All-Stars, it's fast-paced, arcade-style rasslin' at its finest.

Holy crap. I decided to try GF rental for a month and my first disc just arrived yesterday (Twisted Metal). Disc was scratched up and chipped, but I figured that since it's a BR disc, it's tough enough. Damn thing made my PS3 scream. I've never heard it work so hard to read a disc. Game wouldn't get past the loading screen, so I rebooted my PS3. That didn't work, so I deleted all the patches and re-downloaded them. Still wouldn't get past the loading screen, all the while the BR drive is spinning like there's no tomorrow. Sending that demon spawn back.

Not a great first experience with GF rental, especially when out of the last 5 discs I've bought from them (out of 20+) are coming in chipped. Are they using some new resurfacer or something?

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']For anyone who has WWE All Stars, can you confirm if the game freezes for a split second after a K.O. win while the loading symbol pops up in the corner because mine does it and I'm afraid the chips around the edge of the disc may be making it a bit more difficult to read and causing this.[/QUOTE]

I got WWE All Stars for PS3, and while my copy does not freeze the game after KO, the drive has a hell of a time reading the disc, it makes quite a racket. All three games I ordered had chips, but this was the only one that had this problem once I started playing the game. So back it goes. I've seen this game start to hit the clearance cycle at Target, so a new copy for $14 or so doesn't sound unreasonable. Don't know if I'll bother, as I did not find the game to be very fun at all.

[quote name='thefinal87']If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same way. Gohastings sent me White Knight Chronicles II and it didn't have a manual, so i went to Gamestop and took one from one of their copies. Lmao :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well that makes three, my first Dark Souls CE I bought didn't come with the slipcover from AWD. So I just HAD to have that damn slipcover and bought another CE from Half.com for $35, that one came complete with everything. Now I have two for no real apparent reason.. :roll:

[quote name='eXiON']Well that makes three, my first Dark Souls CE I bought didn't come with the slipcover from AWD. So I just HAD to have that damn slipcover and bought another CE from Half.com for $35, that one came complete with everything. Now I have two for no real apparent reason.. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I "borrow" manuals from Gamestop all the time. I give them no business but I do take advantage of their "long term free rental manual plan" card.

:beer:

[quote name='chunlirocks']I "borrow" manuals from Gamestop all the time. I give them no business but I do take advantage of their "long term free rental manual plan" card.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Shoplifting ftl.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I "borrow" manuals from Gamestop all the time. I give them no business but I do take advantage of their "long term free rental manual plan" card.

yeah, you're cool.

"I don't always shoplift, but when I do I go on CAG and brag about because I am a DOUCHEBAG like that."

[quote name='Spyder187']"I don't always shoplift, but when I do I go on CAG and brag about because I am a DOUCHEBAG like that."[/QUOTE]

I wont condone it, but I have I think once before done a return rebuy at gamestop to get a full complete case, but thats only when i got the generic case from buying online at gamestop.com

You should lose the V in "VIDIOT".

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']manuals are junk[/QUOTE]

You're right, which makes it all the more pathetic that someone would steal them. I blame self esteem class.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Lol, that's great. I considered doing that for my copy of Yakuza 3 that I snagged for $6. My friend stopped me though, lol.[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed Yakuza: Dead Souls the other day, its a pretty sweet game and is the first one in the series that I have played.

[quote name='thefinal87']I just grabbed Yakuza: Dead Souls the other day, its a pretty sweet game and is the first one in the series that I have played.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, Dead souls really isnt like any of the other ones

[quote name='thefinal87']I just grabbed Yakuza: Dead Souls the other day, its a pretty sweet game and is the first one in the series that I have played.[/QUOTE]

you have to play the other ones they are awesome and very good story

bread's done
Back