Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wormy']Ended up grabbing gears 3, figure it will not drop too much lower than $15, and I want to finish the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='KtMack23']I wish I didn't own SM3DL so I could buy it again, its that good.[/QUOTE]

Hrmm...if that's the case I should probably pick it up. With the possible exception of Black Friday, this is probably the cheapest it's going to be. My 3DS has also been gathering dust as of late.

The Gamestop exclusive dlc was that arena and a weapon, but that can be dupe glitched to other persons inventory.

So either way ill get dlc. Game still worth it at that price. I played the whole game and loved every second of it. Co-op is lots of fun.

[quote name='mrclutch']I'm with you. Fence city.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Resistamce 3 turned out to be one of my favorite, if not the, favorite shooters of the years. Tremendous weapon selection and a Fallout'ish aesthetic vibe. A great game. No regrets.

[quote name='chooka1']For what it's worth, Resistamce 3 turned out to be one of my favorite, if not the, favorite shooters of the years. Tremendous weapon selection and a Fallout'ish aesthetic vibe. A great game. No regrets.[/QUOTE]

Dammit these awesome Gamefly daily deals are going to make me one of those dreaded backlog gamers. Maybe this one more title...

I bought SM3DL because I just couldn't pass up the deal. I just bought my 3DS and have no games, but I have games on the Vita I haven't even touched yet. My retro and modern backlogs are getting ridiculous.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Got blazblue in today game is cracked bad. First time I got a bad game from gamefly. How do I get a refund?[/QUOTE]

Contact customer support. Let them know the problem.

Since they don't accept paypal, is it fine to pay with credit card? Like do they auto sign you up for their monthly service, or can you just buy a used game and then remove the credit card?

[quote name='golfing7861']Since they don't accept paypal, is it fine to pay with credit card? Like do they auto sign you up for their monthly service, or can you just buy a used game and then remove the credit card?[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, you're fine with a CC. I've never been a member, but had my card on file with them for over a year, bought 20+ games, and never had one problem.

However, don't have them save your card number on file if that's possible, because I don't believe it can be taken off without contacting customer service, which is bullshit.

Anybody think dead island could possibly drop to $10? I really don't want to pass this deal up of $15. Oh the pain of not being addicted to only a few games. *sigh*

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh ya, you're fine with a CC. I've never been a member, but had my card on file with them for over a year, bought 20+ games, and never had one problem.

However, don't have them save your card number on file if that's possible, because I don't believe it can be taken off without contacting customer service, which is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information, kinda wish they just accepted PayPal if you were going to do a purchase, but can't argue much with the great deals they have.

[quote name='garrett007']LOTR came in today and prefect condition![/QUOTE]

Got mine today too. PS3, so disc is flawless as always. 3 small dents, not to bad compared to what I've seen from GF. So I'm very happy!

Picked up: Mario, Resistance 3, LA Noire, Halo CEA, and Gears 3. Fantastic prices, Love waiting for these Gamefly sales!

Got LotR in today as well. Disc is in okay condition. It's not too bad but probably the worst I've gotten in so far. I ordered Ace Combat early in the week though and would have rather that come in first but hopefully Monday I guess.

Got my LotR today as well. I ordered a PS3 copy and got it in a 360 case with 360 manual. Weird :/ First time i get a bad shipment from Gamefly.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Got LotR in today as well. Disc is in okay condition. It's not too bad but probably the worst I've gotten in so far. I ordered Ace Combat early in the week though and would have rather that come in first but hopefully Monday I guess.[/QUOTE]

Monday's a holiday!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Contact customer support. Let them know the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thank you did that sent in a report in their selection

[quote name='golfing7861']Monday's a holiday![/QUOTE]

Damn! Not having a job anymore means I don't really notice or pay attention to holidays. I clean forgot.

There's no way to remove your credit card information unless you cancel the account or call them. You have to provide a credit card, which will be saved automatically, in order to make a purchase. There's no way around it. I honestly don't know why they don't take Paypal. Maybe Paypal's fees are too high, but I can't see it higher than Visa or Master Card.

[quote name='golfing7861']Since they don't accept paypal, is it fine to pay with credit card? Like do they auto sign you up for their monthly service, or can you just buy a used game and then remove the credit card?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh ya, you're fine with a CC. I've never been a member, but had my card on file with them for over a year, bought 20+ games, and never had one problem.

However, don't have them save your card number on file if that's possible, because I don't believe it can be taken off without contacting customer service, which is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

You guys talking about shipping issues. I ordered infamous 2 like last week when they had the sale and it never came in after a week. I didn't even get a tracking number. The CS just gave me a refund and $5 dollar coupon code.

Even though it is not on sale anymore, I actually have a couple of bucks & splurged on Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. $18.86 with standard shipping. Always had really good luck with GameFly games. Figured not many people rented it. LOL

[quote name='Siberkat']Even though it is not on sale anymore, I actually have a couple of bucks & splurged on Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. $18.86 with standard shipping. Always had really good luck with GameFly games. Figured not many people rented it. LOL[/QUOTE]

They game could be had for $11.98 at Target clearance. Just a heads up.

[quote name='Terran1212']Are you sure about the online passes being included?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have bought 5 used games from GameFly, and the online passes are ALWAYS included. Plus, the case, manual, and disc are always in fanstastic shape. Buy with confidence.

[quote name='tylerh1701']... disc is flawless as always. 3 small dents ...[/QUOTE]
I lol'd.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Yes. I have bought 5 used games from GameFly, and the online passes are ALWAYS included. Plus, the case, manual, and disc are always in fanstastic shape. Buy with confidence.[/QUOTE]
The case and manual should always be in excellent shape, but there's probably a 80% or so chance that there WILL be chips on the edges of the disc.

9 times out of 10 it will play just fine, but if you're worried about the condition, be warned. The chips are quite noticeable and hurt the resale value. The discs are not "always in fantastic shape".

[quote name='Idiotekque']I lol'd.

The case and manual should always be in excellent shape, but there's probably a 80% or so chance that there WILL be chips on the edges of the disc.

9 times out of 10 it will play just fine, but if you're worried about the condition, be warned. The chips are quite noticeable and hurt the resale value. The discs are not "always in fantastic shape".[/QUOTE]

I've gotten 10 to 15 games from them, only one of them had any chips at all in it (and it still played fine) the rest have been in perfect condition.

I am very happy about quality of games I have received from gamefly.

It's been discussed and it seems location is the key. Some people have gotten 20 chipped games in a row while others have gotten 20 perfect games in a row, so it seems clear that certain distribution centers have bad resurfacing machines.

Unfortunately the majority seem to get chipped games. Best bet is to buy one to see if you lucked out with your distribution center or not.

80% chip rate on the discs...lmao.

Although then again, if this kind of misinformation keeps getting spread, maybe it will scare people off of GameFly sales and stuff will stay in-stock longer. I guess I approve of such a nefarious plan.
Continue on.

There are so many people here who are getting chipped discs on all of their orders that makes me think those who believe that none of their discs are chipped just don't know how to look for them. Hold the discs' edges up to the light and you will see chips all around the outer edges. If they don't bother you, and you are a collector of games and won't be selling them back or trading them in then you're fine.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']80% chip rate on the discs...lmao.

Although then again, if this kind of misinformation keeps getting spread, maybe it will scare people off of GameFly sales and stuff will stay in-stock longer. I guess I approve of such a nefarious plan.
Continue on.[/QUOTE]

i love gamefly!
.... i'd say... 100% of all games i've gotten (central florida) from gamefly have chipped edges... two games i got were unplayable because the chipped edges... (game wouldn't install) and i had to send em back, but they were cool and even did the shipping etc..... i've gotten 6-7 games from gamefly, love their prices and inclusion of dlc/online pass ...... but yeah... all the discs have 0 scratches, just chips along the sides.

[quote name='Investor']There are so many people here who are getting chipped discs on all of their orders that makes me think those who believe that none of their discs are chipped just don't know how to look for them. Hold the discs' edges up to the light and you will see chips all around the outer edges. If they don't bother you, and you are a collector of games and won't be selling them back or trading them in then you're fine.[/QUOTE]
I don't think most people give a crap about this honestly. Sure some do, but the majority of people shove the game in their console and if it works they are happy.

True that. There are people here (me included) who don't want chips on their discs even when their are used, because that's not the normal modus operandi, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And there are a lot of people here who just don't care as long as the discs work, and the online passes are included, and all the cases and manuals are brand new without the plastic wraps at great prices, and that's cool, too. :applause:

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't think most people give a crap about this honestly. Sure some do, but the majority of people shove the game in their console and if it works they are happy.[/QUOTE]

after thinking about it bought LA Noire for $10 i'll risk not liking it, but i hope i do after playing The Walking Dead game where you aren't gunning stuff down all the time seemed liked a nice change of pace.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Let's argue about how people are stupid for not liking chipped discs/how people are stupid for liking chipped discs some more! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm bringing the popcorn!

Back on the deals though, still REALLY tempted by CEA and Gears at $15 each, but I just cant pull the trigger.

Is F.3.A.R. 3 any good? I heard it was pretty difficult, Wasn't to big on fear 2 but then again I'm a achievement whore...So I never really gave it a shot. $12.99 seems like a good price.

[quote name='KSMKxRAGEx']Is F.3.A.R. 3 any good? I heard it was pretty difficult, Wasn't to big on fear 2 but then again I'm a achievement whore...So I never really gave it a shot. $12.99 seems like a good price.[/QUOTE]

FEAR 3 wasn't very hard to get the full 1000 if you're an achievement whore. It's a slightly above average shooter. Nothing super special about it but definitely not a bad game either.

bread's done
Back