Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hraesvelg']If a game goes OOS i.e. Ace Combat, is there a chance it will be back in stock or am i SOL.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I wonder how good Bulletstorm is. Made by Epic Games is pretty good, but the gameplay seems like it would get a little repetitive despite the "skillshot" system.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm. I find FPS's fairly boring, so Bulletstorm gave it an added twist that I really enjoyed.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Have fun with your buyers giving you bad feedback/demanding refunds when you ship them chipped discs.

Or you could be honest and say they're chipped up. Maybe you can get 50% of their going eBay price, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was trolling.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I really enjoyed Bulletstorm. I find FPS's fairly boring, so Bulletstorm gave it an added twist that I really enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

This. Yes, the gameplay gets very repetitive and the story....well, there isn't much - but you keep playing because of the whole package. The cheezy dialouge and unique weapon points system are addicting.

So, in recap, repetitive, while intuitive gameplay with loads of style wrapped in a b-movie package.

[quote name='spoonman']No.. They are shady because these games are not sold out.
They were moved from the used game purchase option to their rental option. So yeah...[/QUOTE]

I decided to give you ample time to realize how silly this post was and edit it/delete it. You didn't, though, so...

:roll::roll::roll:

GameFly's primary business model is their rental service. They sell used games as a means to trim down their stock as games begin to decrease in popularity. They aren't going to sell every, single copy of a game they have.

I couldn't pass on this sale this time. Luckily, I showed restraint and only picked up FFXIII-2 instead of that + battlefield 3 + Need for Speed + a couple games for my kids (which they don't need).

[quote name='Drclaw411']In for Wii Play Motion[/QUOTE]

Good call. Reports from the last sale had the remote included.

[quote name='theflicker']Good call. Reports from the last sale had the remote included.[/QUOTE]Did it have this in the description last time?
NOTE: This title requires the Wii MotionPlus accessory or the Wii Remote Plus controller for gameplay. The Wii Remote Plus is not included with rental or purchase of this title.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did it have this in the description last time?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was there last time. I didn't order any myself but I remember reading the disclaimer. I'd have to imagine the remotes being sent out last time was a mistake but who knows.

[quote name='ninjaxams']eff all you jerks that lurk for deals all day and don't have a life. ffs, i'd love for once to be able to land a deal after getting outta work instead of being greeted with a oos message.[/QUOTE]

Just when you think you've seen it all on CAG...

thanks for the sig!

[quote name='ninjaxams']eff all you jerks that lurk for deals all day and don't have a life. ffs, i'd love for once to be able to land a deal after getting outta work instead of being greeted with a oos message.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='roymustang']Just when you think you've seen it all on CAG...[/QUOTE]
no kidding i hope his luck stays the same and another cagger that needs a spanking.

To those that have bought the PS3 version of Catherine from GameFly before, did it come with the original cover art or the censored one?

[quote name='spoonman']No.. They are shady because these games are not sold out.
They were moved from the used game purchase option to their rental option. So yeah...

Not to mention my copy of Gears of War 3 was scratched to hell and back. When I went to return it I was informed that I couldn't make an even exchange and that I need to ship it back and place a new order.
Since it was during a sale when I bought it and it was no longer for sale I was forced to pay another $3 since the price went up.

The new copy was even worse! It was obviously so bad they had to resurface the disc. Now when I went to buy it again they did the same BS as I mentioned. It's SOLD OUT for used game buyers and conveniently moved to "Keep this for $$$".. So yes.. I do believe that is a shady tactic.[/QUOTE]
I think that everyone else pretty much covered how I was going to respond to this, so there is only one thing left to ask:

Does your name have anything to do with this song?

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']To those that have bought the PS3 version of Catherine from GameFly before, did it come with the original cover art or the censored one?[/QUOTE]

I got the regular uncensored from them when I bought it

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I wonder how good Bulletstorm is. Made by Epic Games is pretty good, but the gameplay seems like it would get a little repetitive despite the "skillshot" system.[/QUOTE]

Nothing special about it, Good fun gameplay though. It's worth at the price its at.

[quote name='skiizim']My copy came with the code but didn't come with the slip cover if you care about that kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks good to know, part of me still wants to hold out for $20 new but I may bite anyway

[quote name='GamerDude316']Thanks good to know, part of me still wants to hold out for $20 new but I may bite anyway[/QUOTE]

I know it was $20 at toys r us awhile back. I know this doesn't help you a bit at the moment,but it shows there is a high possibility it will happen again soon.

Friendly reminder to my CAG team, check the Gamefly store around 11am central/12pm eastern today (give or take an hour). it is USUALLY* when any restocking happens...

*no guarantee - i am just speaking from past sales/nightly deals

**i was lucky enough to grab BF3 yesterday, so anybody else who wants to n00b around together, please add me on XBL

[quote name='KSMKxRAGEx']Nothing special about it, Good fun gameplay though. It's worth at the price its at.[/QUOTE]

The campaign is "meh", but my co-op buddy and I adore the Bulletstorm multiplayer. Grabbing enemies, kicking them back and forth and then into enviro hazards, trying for specialized team kills... Just nothing more fun, IMO.

Thanks OP

I seem to always have an issue finding anything I want in stock (even poorly received games like nfs the run). Its as if they only have less than 10 each or something.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']It's also a real shame theres no 3ds/vita love[/QUOTE]

Well considering its such a low market right now I don't see Gamefly going crazy and buying up a surplus of games for those systems.

And if they do I am sure since again not a whole lot out for them right now (at least Vita in comparison) they get rented...

[quote name='Vap']I know it was $20 at toys r us awhile back. I know this doesn't help you a bit at the moment,but it shows there is a high possibility it will happen again soon.[/QUOTE]

I agree which is why I'm hesitant to get it from gamefly, I'm sure it's fine but I just prefer either new games from retailers or used from GS with the easy return setup

GRRRRRRR I had to enter a new CC and by the time i finished Ace Combat went OOS. GRRRRRRR Guess im going to have to keep a eye on GF to see if they restock.

I take that back, came back in stock ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
The only game I'd be willing to drop money on right now would be Sonic Generations, but I want it for the 360 for the achievements. Oh well, next sale.

Just saw this thread. Dark Souls is back in stock for 360, and I just jumped. It was out of stock 20 minutes ago so I'd advise people to go for it now if they want it. I've been waiting for this to hit $20 -- I've never played any Souls game and I want to see what they're about.

SFxTekken has reached my price point. I'm considering it, but I just bought BlazBlue CSE last week... don't really need another fighting game.

Thanks,just snagged myself a copy of Killzone 3.Now I just need Catherine to come back in stock and my wallet can take a nice well deserved rest,from all these recent deals.

[quote name='themaster20000']Thanks,just snagged myself a copy of Killzone 3.Now I just need Catherine to come back in stock and my wallet can take a nice well deserved rest,from all these recent deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really want a copy of Catherine.

Grabbed Ace Combat for Xbox just now. Noticed Silent Hill HD Collection for the PS3 came back in stock. Decided against it, would rather would for the less buggy Xbox version to eventually go on sale.

[quote name='buster90']Looks like the good deals are once again sold out. :( DIdn't know about this until now.[/QUOTE]

As I and others have mentioned, Gamefly typically restocks starting at 10AM EDT ~ 12PM EDT. Be sure to check back each day around this time to see if your desired title is back in stock.

bread's done
Back