Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']As I and others have mentioned, Gamefly typically restocks starting at 10AM EDT ~ 12PM EDT. Be sure to check back each day around this time to see if your desired title is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

vnfas6.jpg

[quote name='joshnorm']Well considering its such a low market right now I don't see Gamefly going crazy and buying up a surplus of games for those systems.

And if they do I am sure since again not a whole lot out for them right now (at least Vita in comparison) they get rented...[/QUOTE]

Well that's a load of bull...there are more PSP and DS's out there than some consoles. Also consider Wii market is on a sharp decline while 3DS is on a sharp incline. 3DS is doing very well...idk where youve been hiding :p

[quote name='buddynayr']Just saw this thread. Dark Souls is back in stock for 360, and I just jumped. It was out of stock 20 minutes ago so I'd advise people to go for it now if they want it. I've been waiting for this to hit $20 -- I've never played any Souls game and I want to see what they're about.[/QUOTE]

PREPARE TO DIE! It's a great series, but you will die often. Just a heads up. Great series though.

I still don't understand gamefly. Catherine literally sells out in minutes everytime they put it up for sale. It says it's a high availability for renting, so why not put more copies up for sale?

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I still don't understand gamefly. Catherine literally sells out in minutes everytime they put it up for sale. It says it's a high availability for renting, so why not put more copies up for sale?[/QUOTE]

Ya i find it hard to believe they sell these at a loss, even during sales, so why not buy enough copies to keep up with the demand?? Ive missed Catherine and Rayman Origins PS3 the last 3 times =[

[quote name='blinknot4']Don't forget guys - if Silent Hill HD goes out of stock, you can always buy it here for just under $1,000. Yes, one thousand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VI_10?ie=UTF8&m=A2J8GAPB9VHCVI&n=&s=&v=glance

*link not recommended for those with activated 1-click purchasing and shaky-handed mouse clicks.[/QUOTE]

sold by Games On and fulfilled by Amazon. Take a gander at some of the prices for other items that they're selling:lol:.

What the hell is going on in this thread? GameFly is a game rental service, and yet there's multiple posts in here questioning why GameFly won't deplete the stock they've allocated for rentals to sell off in the sale?

Oh right, the website says there's plenty available for renting... Because that's obviously more than enough information to determine that they have too many of the game and need to sell off more copies of it.

[quote name='Yamato']I think that everyone else pretty much covered how I was going to respond to this, so there is only one thing left to ask:

Does your name have anything to do with this song?[/QUOTE]

Yamoto: Thank you for posting with the reliant part of my quote included.
It's something the other guys have seem to have missed.

The new copy was even worse! It was obviously so bad they had to resurface the disc. Now when I went to buy it again they did the same BS as I mentioned. It's SOLD OUT for used game buyers and conveniently moved to "Keep this for $$$".. So yes.. I do believe that is a shady tactic.

My original message was saying how they immediately "sold out" of the advertised used games and moved them to "Keep this for $$$" option. If no one else finds that a tad disappointing then you probably didn't care about buying one of them in the first place. People love to gang up and troll so I knew what I was getting into.

And yep, the song was on the radio when I was signing up to a BBS so it just stuck.;)

OK if I were to rent these and choose the keep it option is there anyway they can send me a case and manual for the games????? I currently am considering this since my membership is about to expire

[quote name='Bosamba']sold by Games On and fulfilled by Amazon. Take a gander at some of the prices for other items that they're selling:lol:.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was making a joke, guy.

Ordered Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, and WWE All Stars for PS3. They were on my doorstep this morning at 10 AM, less than 24 hours after placing my order. All this, and I have a job, too! ;)

I'll beat some titles like gears 3 and battlefiled won't come back in stock until the sale is over.

Just signed up for a month trial and rented Halo: CEA

What are my odds of getting the game and being able to get the sale price to keep it before the sale ends?

[quote name='RockBottom885']Just signed up for a month trial and rented Halo: CEA

What are my odds of getting the game and being able to get the sale price to keep it before the sale ends?[/QUOTE]

You can choose to buy the game as soon as it ships to you, so as long as the availability is high enough for them to ship it by the end of the sale, you'll be fine

[quote name='technicalstylez']if u choose to buy the game, they send u the case/manual.[/QUOTE]

:) awesomeeeeeeeeeee

this is an infuriating sale. so many games i want, never in stock. i'm semi-used to that with gamefly, but i usually catch them coming back in stock.

[quote name='deathb10w']You can choose to buy the game as soon as it ships to you, so as long as the availability is high enough for them to ship it by the end of the sale, you'll be fine[/QUOTE]

So does the option to buy all these games come once you sign up? Or do you have to rent them first,then buy them? (as long as they have it in stock,of course)

[quote name='Vap']So does the option to buy all these games come once you sign up? Or do you have to rent them first,then buy them? (as long as they have it in stock,of course)[/QUOTE]
You don't have to be an active Gamefly member to have access to these offers. You can purchase freely without ever signing up to rent a game.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah could I do the free trial then choose to keep a game?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']After considering it, I'd like to get Rayman and Catherine on :ps3: but it'd so hard to keep tabs on when it's in stock. Gonna base it on luck.[/QUOTE]

If you want Catcherine for PS3, you should make sure you're there when all of the deals go live each night. It sells out too fast to rely on luck.

Just a heads up to members: i believe you can upgrade your account to allow more games out, then downgrade when you keep them. While I haven't done it, my friend tells me they prorate it, so it would only cost a few extra cents. I'd just read through their terms to make sure.

Got tired of checking back and forth for restocks, so I signed up for the free month trial this morning. Rented Catherine and they shipped it within an hour, after which I was able to buy. So, if you're considering that route, it definitely works -- and it's fast. Now considering Sonic Generations to buy, and Ico/SOTC collection to rent.

[quote name='breakfuss']Got tired of checking back and forth for restocks, so I signed up for the free month trial this morning. Rented Catherine and they shipped it within an hour, after which I was able to buy. So, if you're considering that route, it definitely works -- and it's fast. Now considering Sonic Generations to buy, and Ico/SOTC collection to rent.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever had a free triall before?

I hope I'm not crazy and seeing things, but Dead Island was just put back up on the site. Then I checked again about 5-10 minutes later and the damn thing was OOS again. Did people jump on it like a fat girl on a donut or is GF just screwing with us? Are they just putting up very few copies for sale at these prices or is there a redonkulous amount of demand? EDIT: Dead Island is BACK UP!!

bread's done
Back