Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakfuss']Got tired of checking back and forth for restocks, so I signed up for the free month trial this morning. Rented Catherine and they shipped it within an hour, after which I was able to buy. So, if you're considering that route, it definitely works -- and it's fast. Now considering Sonic Generations to buy, and Ico/SOTC collection to rent.[/QUOTE]

Just came here to post this, I was surprised when it was buyable right after it shipped.

Halo CEA for $15 is exactly what I was hoping for.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Does anyone know if the Halo CEA comes with the slipcover?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly the one I received did not come with one. I can't confirm this because I had to return it, but I am pretty sure it didn't.

GameFly is pretty good about including everything that originally game with the game. I've received slipcovers for other games, though I can't recall which ones at the moment. And years ago when I bought Odama for GameCube (anyone else remember that one?) it came in the oversized box with the microphone. Totally unexpected, pleasant surprise.

Would it be wrong to sign up for GF just for Catherine? Sigh. That game keeps eluding my price point and availability.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Does anyone know if the Halo CEA comes with the slipcover?[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is legit pretty sure I even got DLC codes / 48 hour trials in some games I bought

As for slipcovers. I purchased Deus Ex: HR for 360 from a Gamefly sale a few months ago and it came with the slipcover. I almost exclusively purchase all my games through Gamefly and have always received everything. There was one case though where I ordered LA Noire and one of the disc was broken but they refunded me before I even returned in.

tl;dr: Gamefly is good.

[quote name='Komentra']As for slipcovers. I purchased Deus Ex: HR for 360 from a Gamefly sale a few months ago and it came with the slipcover. I almost exclusively purchase all my games through Gamefly and have always received everything. There was one case though where I ordered LA Noire and one of the disc was broken but they refunded me before I even returned in.

tl;dr: Gamefly is good.[/QUOTE]

I bought AC: Brotherhood and L.A. Noire, Both which had those chips on the side but nothing that made it unplayable. Gamefly is a good place to buy from, Considering its really cheap. :applause:

[quote name='morrodox']GameFly is pretty good about including everything that originally game with the game. I've received slipcovers for other games, though I can't recall which ones at the moment. And years ago when I bought Odama for GameCube (anyone else remember that one?) it came in the oversized box with the microphone. Totally unexpected, pleasant surprise.[/QUOTE]

I'd say 90% of my purchases have come with the slip cover (when applicable)... Dante's inferno was one that definitely did come with the slip cover, and Brink too.. just adding my 2 cents to the discussion!

BF3 would make a nice flip to BBY for $29.40...but idk how long this game will take to arrive, and I'd want it before 6/23 so I could use that credit towards the $40 MP3..

[quote name='jcp42877']BF3 would make a nice flip to BBY for $29.40...but idk how long this game will take to arrive, and I'd want it before 6/23 so I could use that credit towards the $40 MP3..[/QUOTE]

Single game orders go via First Class and arrival times vary widely. It's been as little as 5 days or... never (lost in mail?). It won't include tracking info.

Order 2 or more games and it'll go via Priority shipping -- although I should say that I made an order for 2 that have shipped already but didn't get a tracking number with the email. Are they not doing Priority for multiple games on a single order now?

*Be aware that BBY has a new limit policy on # of same titles you can trade in per year, it varies by store but I believe the new standard is three. Call ahead to confirm.

[quote name='Dranakin']Would it be wrong to sign up for GF just for Catherine? Sigh. That game keeps eluding my price point and availability.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. )-:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway....

I was interested in doing the free month trial to buy BF3 instead of wishing for a restock. When I click the link to get the trial, it takes me to a page to sign up for 2 months for $7.95 a month, billed once at $15.95. Where does the free month come in? I could be missing something painfully obvious but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the assistance!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway....

I was interested in doing the free month trial to buy BF3 instead of wishing for a restock. When I click the link to get the trial, it takes me to a page to sign up for 2 months for $7.95 a month, billed once at $15.95. Where does the free month come in? I could be missing something painfully obvious but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the assistance![/QUOTE]

Should be the third option that says "Free Trial 1 Game Out,30-day free trial ($15.95/month after)".

[quote name='Escobar4Life']There games still come chipped around the edges? That's the only problem I have to be honest.[/QUOTE]

But they play perfectly though.

[quote name='Jay']Should be the third option that says "Free Trial 1 Game Out,30-day free trial ($15.95/month after)".[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!! I have no idea how I missed that.

Thanks again....

[quote name='Escobar4Life']There games still come chipped around the edges? That's the only problem I have to be honest.[/QUOTE]
They still do. Some distribution centers seem to send out non-chipped discs, but if you've bought from GF before and gotten chipped discs, the odds are heavy that you're not going to have any better luck.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I'm thinking about doing the same thing. )-:[/QUOTE]

same... but i figured since its thursday theres no way they would ship out a copy on friday, in time for anyone to keep it before the sale expires

[quote name='yruluis']does bby take only discs?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do. I got confirmation before trading it in, but last week when I took some games in, I had a copy of Gears 2 in a Blockbuster case that they took.

If one were to sign up for a free month to rent/buy a game, would they just send the next game out before the first one reaches you?

[quote name='joeyshadows']If one were to sign up for a free month to rent/buy a game, would they just send the next game out before the first one reaches you?[/QUOTE]
I haven't been a gamefly member for a couple months but from what I remember when you "keep" a game, they immediately clear the slot and try to get the next game on your Q out.

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']same... but i figured since its thursday theres no way they would ship out a copy on friday, in time for anyone to keep it before the sale expires[/QUOTE]

You can "keep" it as soon as it ships

Also, what's this about chipped disks?

So far I bought nine games from gamefly and haven't had any chipped on me, most are almost new or great condition.

Just ordered SFxT for the PS3 (yeah they restocked the game for $25 but since I had 10% membership and an $5 coupon (you get $5 coupoins every 3 months of service or something like that with the plan that I have) it came to a little less than $19. Now I just have to wait for the on-disc DLC to go on sale :(.

Odds are you haven't looked close enough, or you are lucky enough to be under the shroud of one of the distribution centers that doesn't send out chipped games.

Sadly just about everyone gets chipped discs, but it's sort of a thing where if you get a chipped disc, you will always get chipped discs, and if you don't get a chipped disc, you will never get a chipped disc.

If chipped discs bother you, it's worth a shot to buy one game, see if it's chipped, and get a refund if it is. GameFly's refund policy seems to be pretty good.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks a lot!! I have no idea how I missed that.

Thanks again....[/QUOTE]

No problem

I tried to trade in a game i recieved from gamefly to gamestop and they rejected it because of the chipped disc.

every gamefly game ive received have had chips, some worse than others. most of the bad ones i just play and then trade to bb no problem. i only asked to return games to gamefly once- an order of 2 360 games that were a bit more scratched than i could accept (but installed fine) so i asked to return them. they refunded my payment the next day.

[quote name='Jay']I tried to trade in a game i recieved from gamefly to gamestop and they rejected it because of the chipped disc.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Best Buy? GameStop is very keen about disc condition.

[quote name='Dranakin']Would it be wrong to sign up for GF just for Catherine? Sigh. That game keeps eluding my price point and availability.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with that at all. I believe I did the same thing in March. They gave me an offer to try out their service for $1 with a two game option. I ended up getting Rayman from Target $10 after coupon, and I was getting ready to return both games. A week or so before my games had to go back, Gamefly had a sale on Catherine for $14.99. I immediately hit the "keep item" button because my disc was practically brand new. So yeah, there's definitely nothing wrong with obtaining games that way.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Have you tried Best Buy? GameStop is very keen about disc condition.[/QUOTE]

Woah really? That must be new. One GS near me was (the only one I would buy from because of it) but that's cuz the manager was awesome and actually professional. Most other GS's I've gotten stuff from I have to check the discs for scratches myself. Haven't bought much lately though, so maybe that's changed.

I'm on the east coast so my distribution center is Pittsburgh/Pen State for 99% of the time. Been using GF for a little over 2 years (maybe even 3 if I check) and only had a couple of chipped discs out of hundred+ titles and one that was cracked and a handful that were scratched to death.

When I purchased my games it does appear to have been inspected and cleaned, one of my 9 games had the surface repolished and a few have hair line scratches if you look close enough but that's about it.

Wonder if anyone here had problems though Pittsburgh?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Woah really? That must be new. One GS near me was (the only one I would buy from because of it) but that's cuz the manager was awesome and actually professional. Most other GS's I've gotten stuff from I have to check the discs for scratches myself. Haven't bought much lately though, so maybe that's changed.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. The quality of games that gamestop accepts at most of the stores I've been to is incredible. Many times I've stared at the disc for a few moments, mouth agape, and asked myself how any rational human being could ever think that it would work, let alone pay someone money for it.

[quote name='Ymeegod']I'm on the east coast so my distribution center is Pittsburgh/Pen State for 99% of the time. Been using GF for a little over 2 years (maybe even 3 if I check) and only had a couple of chipped discs out of hundred+ titles and one that was cracked and a handful that were scratched to death.

When I purchased my games it does appear to have been inspected and cleaned, one of my 9 games had the surface repolished and a few have hair line scratches if you look close enough but that's about it.

Wonder if anyone here had problems though Pittsburgh?[/QUOTE]

Bought probably about 10 or so games with them, most came through Pittsburgh and never had a problem

Just got FF XIII-2 for PS3, didn't really want it, but I heard good things about it (that it makes up for the crap that was XIII), plus its pretty cheap so I went for it.

[quote name='Jay']I tried to trade in a game i recieved from gamefly to gamestop and they rejected it because of the chipped disc.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. GS never rejects discs from me and I've brought in some really crappy ones before. Only thing they've done is take like $1 off the trade for a resurfacing fee or something.

Games I buy from GS are always in the worst condition of any used game place I've ever shopped at.

Finally got Catherine by using the keep option.I would recommend anyone to take advantage of the free trial if they want to have a chance at getting it for this price.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Have you tried Best Buy? GameStop is very keen about disc condition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously I want your Gamestop. The discs at my local Gamestops look horrible.

bread's done
Back