GameFly Daily Deals: FEAR 2, GFather2 (360/PS3) $10, Far Cry 2 (PS3) $13, Fable 2 $18

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R]GameFly is running daily deals this week on select used games that will also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Tonight's Deals:

:360: Fable 2 $17.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $12.99

New deals every night this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Platinum Hits version include both DLC? I have looked everywhere on the interwebs and cannot find a definite answer

[quote name='stk i wvu']Does the Platinum Hits version include both DLC? I have looked everywhere on the interwebs and cannot find a definite answer[/QUOTE]

Same here. The consensus seems to be that it will include DLC, which I would assume means at the least Knothole Island, but I haven't been able to find an official confirmation.

Originally Posted by tenma
I bought Fear 2 for $20 or so a while ago (also from GameFly) and it was worth it at even that price. It's definitely good for $10.

How about Godfather 2? Worth it for $9.99? I'm downloading a review of it right now...

[quote name='NutManIV']It has a metacritic of like 50 or something. Not good.[/QUOTE]

Since a lot of people are taking your word that Godfather 2 has a Metacritic score of 50 I thought I should point out that the score is actually 65-67 depending on the platform. Aside from being short and somewhat repetitive it is a good game for $10.

Meh, I'm going to pass on these deals. Bought FEAR 2 on the PC at launch and still haven't finished the story. Shows you how much I got into the game...

But from what I have played, it was decent. Definitely worth that price especially the gripping scare scenes.

[quote name='Brownjohn']picked up fear 2 for some more trophies. I enjoyed the first game, so hopefully i'll like this one as well.[/QUOTE]

i think the second one is okay.

i like the first one better though.

reviews for fear 2 look solid, although its a little on the short side 7-10 hour long story mode, but could someone comment on far cry 2, there really is a love hate thing going on, Im guessing the traveling is just too boring

[quote name='cooljammer00']Hmm, haven't received my Riddick or The Show 09 that I ordered last week...hope it didn't get lost somehow.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Riddick last week too, and haven't gotten it yet, so don't worry.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Hmm, haven't received my Riddick or The Show 09 that I ordered last week...hope it didn't get lost somehow.[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten my Riddick either...hopefully soon.

Okay, I'm just being wary. Can't track the games, and my Killzone came very quickly. I figured the weekend would give them more time to arrive.

Haven't even gotten my Resident Evil 5 yet. It sure is taking it's sweet time getting here.

Out of these, I think I'd consider picking up FEAR 2.

I received my Killzone 2 today from them. It's in near mint condition, I would do business with them again for sure.

Hmm got my copy of Killzone 2 today. Case and manuals are all in great shape. The disc? Not so much, has a whole bunch of scratches on it (most small and they don't look deep) and some finger prints. Haven't played it yet but I'm a little disappointed given how some people got near immaculate copies.

[quote name='gamer6587']reviews for fear 2 look solid, although its a little on the short side 7-10 hour long story mode, but could someone comment on far cry 2, there really is a love hate thing going on, Im guessing the traveling is just too boring[/QUOTE]
Honestly, FC2 reminds me a lot of Mercs 2, the good and the bad. For $13, it's probably worth it if you like killing things with some side action of collecting stuff. I got it on 360 for $10 and have been playing it about a week. I don't regret my decision, even if I don't ever end up finishing it. For $3 more, I don't think my stance would change on that.

[quote name='Cardiff Giant']Hmm got my copy of Killzone 2 today. Case and manuals are all in great shape. The disc? Not so much, has a whole bunch of scratches on it (most small and they don't look deep) and some finger prints. Haven't played it yet but I'm a little disappointed given how some people got near immaculate copies.[/QUOTE]

Very popular game, not surprised, some of the more popular ones I order come like that sometimes. However, games that were overlooked (SHH) came in immaculate condition.

Yeah finally got my RE5 today. Disc is kinda beat up, but it worked fine. Hope there's some good deals tonight, I decided to pass on Fable 2.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']FEAR 2 is a joke on the hardest difficulty. and just like said above... the first one is way better[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought the second one was far better. If for no other reason than you're not going through an office building for the entire game. Doesn't hurt that the story makes way more sense too.

[quote name='sandman8288']Haven't gotten my Riddick either...hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

That's strange I received Riddick on Friday and I had ordered it the night of the deal. every game I've bought from gamefly has been pristine and taken like 2 days to get here it's been great.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright, I couldn't resist Godfather II anymore, though I guess they must charge everyone tax anymore, huh? Oh well...it was only $.60 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Too many people wrote of Godfather II as a crappy game for some reason. Sure the game tries to be like GTA and doesn't have the same level of variety or polish values but it's a fun game. I loved the whole Don's View thing, being able to command and control your gang (kinda like GTASA's territory wars but much better). And if you're a fan of the first two movies, the story and concept of the game work fairly well together.

I bought it for $20 and thought it was well worth that much since it'll take you at least 12 hours to beat the game. The online component sounds like a great concept but not many people play it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Ready for these deals tonight.[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot.

How long do these last until? When does GF stop with these daily deals?

We got deals all night this week. It's finna kick ass.

Everyone go order Gucci Mane's new album at 10 bucks from Amazon while your at it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']We got deals all night this week. It's finna kick ass.

Everyone go order Gucci Mane's new album at 10 bucks from Amazon while your at it.[/QUOTE]

That's what Limewire or whatever other software you use is for, right? :)

[quote name='richbastard']How do you get the free shipping ???

btw thanks for the info cheapy, good work as usuall man.[/QUOTE]

OP says the deal ended 6am pst. I see that the prices stayed the same, but they took off the free shipping.

I'm planning on picking something up from GF if a game that I want is being sold. One question-- don't you need to sign up on the website, which prompts you to put in credit card info etc and have to sign up for a membership?

I don't plan on getting a membership at all.

I signed up for site to purchase games a while ago, it has my cc info stored for purchases but i'm not a gamefly subscriber.

Edit: BURR

[quote name='BackInBlack']OP says the deal ended 6am pst. I see that the prices stayed the same, but they took off the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Actually when I ordered the copy of Godfather 2 earlier(2 pm this afternoon) it was still listing the free shipping, but only if you took the standard shipping.

So maybe you switched it to the express shipping or something?

I actually ordered it for my one buddy, since we were supposed to go to Wally World on Black Friday to get it for $10 new, but we decided to go home and not freeze our asses off for 2 hours while waiting for them to let us in for the deals.

[quote name='xblaze23']I signed up for site to purchase games a while ago, it has my cc info stored for purchases but i'm not a gamefly subscriber.

Edit: BURR[/QUOTE]

Can anybody else verify this?

[quote name='Casteor']Can anybody else verify this?[/QUOTE]

Yup same here, but why couldn't you just trust the first guy? He's on the internet isn't he?

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Yup same here, but why couldn't you just trust the first guy? He's on the internet isn't he?[/QUOTE]

Since when does it hurt to ask?

There is a fine line between ignorance and good etiquette.

[quote name='Casteor']Since when does it hurt to ask?

There is a fine line between ignorance and good etiquette.[/QUOTE]

Please don't take a line from Homie seriously, it was certainly in jest, right Homie? :applause:

[quote name='Casteor']That's what Limewire or whatever other software you use is for, right? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm supporting the man. I hope he does a million. :hot::hot::hot:

Got my World at War ordered last week. Complete with manual, cut side seal, and still includes the 48-hour Live trial. Disc looks good, too. I'm happy!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Ready for these deals tonight.[/QUOTE]

i'm with you brother.

paid my cc bill yesterday so im ready to spend again.

Too many sequels, I don't like playing a sequels if I haven't played the original. Only got L4D so far.... Come on new IPs!

[quote name='BackInBlack']OP says the deal ended 6am pst. I see that the prices stayed the same, but they took off the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that with a few games in the past week. I guess some of these are permanent price drops with free shipping as advertisement.

And trust me, shipping kills every one of these deals.

Snag it up while it's on promotion, else suffer the wrath of +$5 for holding out.

Or potentially save more by waiting for the price to bottom out further? Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']And trust me, shipping kills every one of these deals.

Snag it up while it's on promotion, else suffer the wrath of +$5 for holding out.

Or potentially save more by waiting for the price to bottom out further? Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Or if you plan on buying multiple games anyways you can sign up for their 1 out plan for like 15 bucks I think and get free shipping on everything, and rent games on top of that.

I got 4 out of my 6 games in today, all in flawless immaculate condition. Discs were buffed but it's fine. The cases and manuals look so amazing and new. O_O

RE 5
GF 2
Riddick
SH

FEAR 2 and Raven Squad still coming in.

bread's done
Back