GameFly Daily Deals: FEAR 2, GFather2 (360/PS3) $10, Far Cry 2 (PS3) $13, Fable 2 $18

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R]GameFly is running daily deals this week on select used games that will also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Tonight's Deals:

:360: Fable 2 $17.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $12.99

New deals every night this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donnums']I'm tempted to pick up FEAR 2 as Gamefly gave me a $5 off coupon for being a new member but I want to sit on that in hopes of RE5 dropping down again....[/QUOTE]

I didn't get one.

[quote name='henry00x']im reading mixed reviews on Farcry 2, can anyone give any feedback on this game?[/QUOTE]

Good game but I just couldn't deal with the save system. It broke the game for me and made it not fun. Of course it could be different for you. I need the ability to save a will or frequent checkpoints. The save houses just didn't work and if you failed a mission it made it unbearable.

[quote name='antlp89']If you've never played it, I would try out the demo before picking up Fable II.
I personally think the game was severely overrated and found myself bored after a couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

I felt like that the entire time right up to the lackluster ending. The combat is about as broken as it gets since you can't die, takes just about all the thrill out of such a large portion of the game.

Already got all these games...got Fable 2 from a GS B2G1F sale for about $17, FEAR 2 on a Target clearance for $12 and Godfather 2 from GF last week for $9.99. They were all worth the price I paid for them and I've had pretty good times with them, especially Fable 2. Anyone asking about these games really should just jump on them for those prices.

As for me, I'm ready to spend more money, GameFly...bring on tomorrow's deals! :twisted:

[quote name='RudyPants']Good deal on Fable II. I'm digging what Gamefly has been doing with their sales. I already get 10 percent off my purchases, so the cheaper the better.[/QUOTE]

How's that?

[quote name='sandman8288']It would be cheaper to buy this,
then pay to download knothole island....[/QUOTE]
I think you're (or the CAG you're replying to is) forgetting the See the Future DLC, which is another $7 in MS points.

All together, this game and the DLC will be $35. If you can wait til January 12th, you can get it for $30 and still have all the DLC on the disc, so the disc has a bit more value for trading or whatever.

[quote name='Casteor']How's that?[/QUOTE]

If you've been a GameFly member for over a year, you get 10% off your purchases on used games.

[quote name='henry00x']im reading mixed reviews on Farcry 2, can anyone give any feedback on this game?[/QUOTE]

You end up spending more time traveling than actually doing missions. It's a love/hate game. I hated it but lots of my friends love it.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is fear 2 worth it if I haven't played the original?[/QUOTE]

I never played the first one, and i enjoyed the FEAR 2 demo. Looking forward to playing it :)

[quote name='chrisswiss83']I think you're (or the CAG you're replying to is) forgetting the See the Future DLC, which is another $7 in MS points.

All together, this game and the DLC will be $35. If you can wait til January 12th, you can get it for $30 and still have all the DLC on the disc, so the disc has a bit more value for trading or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I know about See The Future, I was just assuming he didn't want it since he only mention Knothole....

I have both DLC packs, and they're both way too short for the price.

Damn it, in for Fear 2 and Far Cry 2. GF is bankrupting me. I can't help but feel like Fable II will drop in price soon enough or I would have scooped that one up too.

in for Fear 2:360: and figured id give Farcry 2:ps3: a try for the price, decided to pass on FableII tho, i think ill wait for it to get lil cheaper

I'm tempted on FEAR 2, but I just got Riddick in the mail, which is one of the games that jumps to the top of my backlog. I know FEAR will be cheaper by the time I got round to it.

[quote name='tenma']I bought Fear 2 for $20 or so a while ago (also from GameFly) and it was worth it at even that price. It's definitely good for $10.

How about Godfather 2? Worth it for $9.99? I'm downloading a review of it right now...[/QUOTE]

It has a metacritic of like 50 or something. Not good.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is fear 2 worth it if I haven't played the original?[/QUOTE]

I never played the original and I loved it. The story was easy to follow.

Thanks Cheapy! In for GF2 and FEAR 2(again for dlc).

This is a steal for FEAR 2. The single player is highly entertaining, though not very scary.

I always resented the fact that Fable II is Xbox 360 exclusive, and not even released for PC.

This is just another kick in the face for me. D:

Thanks for the deals, Cheapy. I didn't feel like dealing with the mob at Wally World on Black Friday to try and grab a copy of Godfather II for my one buddy for $10, but I'll gladly grab one here(especially since it has free shipping).

[quote name='Ocajavati']I always resented the fact that Fable II is Xbox 360 exclusive, and not even released for PC.

This is just another kick in the face for me. D:[/QUOTE]

I think it is one of the few games worth buying a system for.

[quote name='NutManIV']It has a metacritic of like 50 or something. Not good.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has the same taste.

[quote name='NutManIV']It has a metacritic of like 50 or something. Not good.[/QUOTE]

The original was fun on the PS2/Xbox and even if Godfather II is 1/5th as fun as the original I'll still play and enjoy it.:D

I go by my own taste in games, not some review site.:razz:

Thanks for posting this deal, Cheapy. I've been looking for GFII for $10 or under for a while now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The original was fun on the PS2/Xbox and even if Godfather II is 1/5th as fun as the original I'll still play and enjoy it.:D

I go by my own taste in games, not some review site.:razz:

Thanks for posting this deal, Cheapy. I've been looking for GFII for $10 or under for a while now.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I don't usually go by reviews either, but with scores that low it seems to me that the game isn't as good as the original and there are probably some fundamental problems with the game. At that point it must just be a broken, buggy mess.

But for $10...can't really go wrong I suppose.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Ah, if only gamefly accepted paypal.[/QUOTE]

You can always make a secure mastercard through paypal. Works on amazon too.

[quote name='NutManIV']That's cool. I don't usually go by reviews either, but with scores that low it seems to me that the game isn't as good as the original and there are probably some fundamental problems with the game. At that point it must just be a broken, buggy mess.

But for $10...can't really go wrong I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the rest of the EA released titles, I have no doubt it's going to be a buggy mess probably. Mercenaries 2 was horrible, Mirror's Edge had some framerate issues(at the least) and just too many other games with issues to even mention really.

Sickest part is that many of us put up with these issues and let the devs try to patch the ever living shit out of them and sometimes it works, though most times it doesn't.

[quote name='canestim']Good game but I just couldn't deal with the save system. It broke the game for me and made it not fun. Of course it could be different for you. I need the ability to save a will or frequent checkpoints. The save houses just didn't work and if you failed a mission it made it unbearable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I bought it for $40 last year and ended up selling it on ebay because I couldn't deal with the save system. There were so many times that I would die trying to make it to a save house and lose any progress I made. I really wanted to like the game though because it got a lot of things right and it' looks great.

[quote name='Fors78']You can always make a secure mastercard through paypal. Works on amazon too.[/QUOTE]

How can you do this? I've tried to figure it out but can't for the life of me.

That's way too low. Godfather 2's not ground breaking or anything but it's pretty fun. I wasn't expecting too much when I played it for trophies and had a really good time with it. I'd actually say it's a pretty good deal at $10, but if you've already got a Gamefly subscription I would definitely recommend a rental if you enjoy going around and shooting dudes.

I sure enjoyed it a lot more than GTA4, which is a much "bigger" game but also filled with a lot more bullshit.

I'd probably rate it around 6/11 in The Perfect Rating System(tm), but by most modern scales it should probably be more like a 75.

Hmmmm I am still pondering on fable 2 but I know I'll never get around to it. God I love this time of the year because of all the sales but I also hate it because of all the sales!
Know what I'm sayin'??

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']Hmmmm I am still pondering on fable 2 but I know I'll never get around to it. God I love this time of the year because of all the sales but I also hate it because of all the sales!
Know what I'm sayin'??[/QUOTE]

It seems especially bad this year because of all the sales. Hard to know when to pull the trigger and when to wait for a better sale in a few days.

Well I've already got the first Fear and Fear files in my backlog, might as well add in Fear 2. I'm so behind on my games it's not even funny. It almost feels like I'm collecting games at this point. I'll almost be glad when this Holiday season is over so that I can get caught up.

[quote name='RuenShock']Well I've already got the first Fear and Fear files in my backlog, might as well add in Fear 2. I'm so behind on my games it's not even funny. It almost feels like I'm collecting games at this point. I'll almost be glad when this Holiday season is over so that I can get caught up.[/QUOTE]

Better disconnect the Internet for the first three months of the new year, Q1 is going to be nuts. I'm not sure I'll get to everything that's already released that I want to play if this generation lasts another 5 years and they don't release another game.

Wow I'm trying to save money here but I just can't pass up FEAR 2. Even if I know I won't touch it, it'll be worth to put in my collection for $10!

Welcome to my shelf, FEAR 2.
:)

Thanks for posting the deal!

In for FEAR for PS3. Already own Farcry2 and GF2.. Played each for 20 minutes...

Thanks for the info Cheapy.

Man, GameFly has been pretty uber with their deals for the past week or so. Will probably hold off on this selection as well and save up for the big kahuna which will soon be upon us.

Went ahead and picked up Godfather 2. Loved the first so I think I'll like it after reading the reviews. Now I just have to find the time to actually play it :)

thanks cheapy just got fear 2
a friend gave me fear 1 kinda cool.
got into it a bit. eventually ill get to playing the first one then this one.

either way pretty good :)

FEAR 2 question, easy trophy/achievements? Thanks!

FYI, you can get 100% in Godfather II easily, but the PS3 version requires you to use the motion control, which sucks ass (you don't have to use the "moves" though, but you have to if you want the trophies).

Bought Fable II. The deal was just too good to pass up. Been wanting to get it for awhile and now seemed like the right time.

I still have to play Dragon Age: Origins, Batman Arkham Asylum and Tales of Vesperia. All from BF...

Picked up FEAR 2... I'm torn between picking up Fable 2 now, or just waiting and picking up the Platinum edition that includes the DLC.

bread's done
Back