Gamefly- Ghost Recon Future Soldier $9 (360/PS3), Angry Birds Trilogy $10 (360/PS3/3DS), Lollipop Chainsaw $10 (360/PS3), Amazing Spiderman $10 (360)

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
New deals.

Anyone recommend Ghost Recon for $9 or Angry Birds Trilogy for consoles for $10?
I say ghost recon for $9 is nice, don't know about MP, but once you are done with the SP, there is co-op (mixed survival/objective based) which adds to its value.

And no spider for :ps3: is too bad, afraid to buy :360: games from GF.

I think I'm gonna pass on Ghost Recon for now.  It's basically $9 used on Amazon at the moment for the 360 version, so it's not like I'm passing up a once in a lifetime price.

I say ghost recon for $9 is nice, don't know about MP, but once you are done with the SP, there is co-op (mixed survival/objective based) which adds to its value.

And no spider for :ps3: is too bad, afraid to buy :360: games from GF.
I've been itching for a Spider-Man game lately. Bidding on Web of Shadows on eBay right now.

$10 is my buy price for Angry Birds I think. I don't know why I want the game. Haven't bothered to play any of the iPhone versions since the first one. Probably cause I wants me some cheevos. Hmm

$10 is my buy price for Angry Birds I think. I don't know why I want the game. Haven't bothered to play any of the iPhone versions since the first one. Probably cause I wants me some cheevos. Hmm
I watched the IGN review of the game and it reminded me how frustrating I find that game to be. Funny that 8 year olds can 3 star every level but I don't have the patience to replay levels 100 times just because the wood block didn't fall exactly right to knock out the final pig.

FYI for others. Just over 3 hours is not a typical play-through though (not saying you did not do it). On HLTB there are 65 reported main quest play-throughs with an average play time of 6.5 hours. There is a 2h play-through reported which seems almost too fast.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2070
I did a basic run-though and it took me around 6 hours. I didn't run through every nook and cranny, but I didn't sprint through it either.

I was disappointed on the length, since it seems to be about half as long as the first two games. It was especially noticeable, since I just finished Dead Space 3 and Bioshock Infinite, both which take around 12 hrs. Otherwise a very good game.

I've been itching for a Spider-Man game lately. Bidding on Web of Shadows on eBay right now.
Web of Shadows is probably better. I pretty much never stop playing a game until I complete (that is to say I play a game to completion then move to the next). I payed like an hour of Amazing Spider-Man before I moved on to something else for a while and never went back. Not saying the game is bad, I haven't played it much, but it certainly did fail to keep me playing it.

Thanks, OP!

Can anyone tell me which Lollipop Chainsaw runs better? I know Shadows of the Damned ran slightly better on PS3, and didn't have some of the pop in that 360 had (IIRC). I was thinking the 360 version of Lollipop was better, but I realize to most they won't recognize a difference. I'm one of those that will :(. Thanks in advance.

Guess I'll grab 360 version. I can't find much except that ps3 load times are worse. I prefer the 360 controller, so that drives most of my multiplatform decisions. SotD had some issues on 360, but maybe they learned from them? If I wait too long, it'll sell out again. I could probably wait til I am actually gonna PLAY it to get this for $1, lol (it will be that long, if i go in order of purchase date in my infinte backlog). I hate that I shop as if I don't have a couple years worth of a backlog. WHY!?! :dunce:

Picked up Amazing Spider-Man for the 360 for $10.
I have the Wii U version that I've never gotten around to, and it currently trades in to Best Buy for $24. So I'll just trade that tomorrow.
I know the Wii U disc has some extra mission or something on it, but I'll honestly never play past the main story....if I even get that far.

Guess I'll grab 360 version. I can't find much except that ps3 load times are worse. I prefer the 360 controller, so that drives most of my multiplatform decisions. SotD had some issues on 360, but maybe they learned from them? If I wait too long, it'll sell out again. I could probably wait til I am actually gonna PLAY it to get this for $1, lol (it will be that long, if i go in order of purchase date in my infinte backlog). I hate that I shop as if I don't have a couple years worth of a backlog. WHY!?! :dunce:
I personally have faced reality that much of my backlog will never get played. What happens is I buy game A and B for cheap like $10 then games C and D come along which I have more interest in. They get played right away and the process repeats. It's a vicious cycle lol.

I already had Lollipop Chainsaw and Spider-Man (both very good games btw), so I bit on Angry Birds Trilogy. Asking $40 was ridiculous, but $10 seems reasonable.

I personally have faced reality that much of my backlog will never get played. What happens is I buy game A and B for cheap like $10 then games C and D come along which I have more interest in. They get played right away and the process repeats. It's a vicious cycle lol.
That's exactly what's happening to me. I already put the order in, so this "will be my last time" (I feel like a junkie saying, "just one last hit," lol).

The other downside of getting 360 is the discs are usually bad. I got MGR:Revengance, and it's disc wasn't in the best condition. Bluray's don't scratch up that easy, but I like the 360 controller better, I just paid for another year on LIVE, and since I bought GTA V on it, if something happens to it, I will have to replace it. I use the PS3 for exclusives, and the controller is fine for that, but I don't know....No matter what decision I made, I will convince my self it was the wrong one, so I just need to relax, and pretend like I'm rich.

Excuse me. I ordered a DMC last thursday, but it still didnt arrive today. Is it possible for them to get lost of my mail? thank you.

Excuse me. I ordered a DMC last thursday, but it still didnt arrive today. Is it possible for them to get lost of my mail? thank you.
Very possible. Gamefly seems very unreliable with their shipments. First game I rented from them got lost in the mail. When I started BUYING games from them, they came at a reasonable pace, but now, I don't get them until a week later, if not later. It's slightly annoying. I love their sales and etc and that the games come complete and USUALLY in good condition, but as of lately, I've noticed that my games have had scratches and chips on the disc. The last 3 game I've ordered from them are like that.

Anyways, in regards to your question... it's very possible it got lost. It's been over a week, so I would contact them and report it missing. You can report a shipping problem a week and one day after it shipped. Here's my theory about what happens though... I have a feeling that Gamefly marks things as shipped (they don't provide tracking numbers) and then actually mail your package like 3 days before you get it.

Web of Shadows is probably better. I pretty much never stop playing a game until I complete (that is to say I play a game to completion then move to the next). I payed like an hour of Amazing Spider-Man before I moved on to something else for a while and never went back. Not saying the game is bad, I haven't played it much, but it certainly did fail to keep me playing it.
Sounds good, got it for $12.74 shipped in like new condition.

I got my copy of Lollipop Chainsaw today. I couldn't believe it, but the entire inner ring of the disc had deep cracks along it. Two of them even stretch out past the ring and into the outer disc. I contacted Gamefly customer support and am waiting to hear back from them. What do they usually do in this case?

They will issue you a refund and email you a packaging slip to send the game back to them. Unfortunately they don't offer exchanges, so your only option is to get your money back.

I got my copy of Lollipop Chainsaw today. I couldn't believe it, but the entire inner ring of the disc had deep cracks along it. Two of them even stretch out past the ring and into the outer disc. I contacted Gamefly customer support and am waiting to hear back from them. What do they usually do in this case?

bread's done
Back