GameFly Monthly Sale - Under $15 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $15 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 5/21.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Duke Nukem Forever $4.99
:360: Supremacy MMA $6.99
:360: Driver: San Francisco $7.99
:360: Kung Fu Panda 2 $7.99
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $7.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: NCIS $9.99
:360: Twister Mania $9.99
:360: Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai $9.99
:360: Rage $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:360: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:360: Alice: Madness Returns $12.99
:360: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift $12.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $12.99
:360: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $12.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $14.99
:360: Michael Jackson The Experience $14.99
:360: Rise of Nightmares $14.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Family Feud 2012 $14.99
:360: Portal 2 $14.99
:360: Sonic Generations $14.99

:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $7.99
:ps3: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:ps3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: NCIS $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:ps3: James Bond: Blood Stone $12.99
:ps3: Hasbro Family Game Night 4 $12.99
:ps3: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 $12.99
:ps3: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $12.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 $14.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $14.99
:ps3: Sonic Generations $14.99

:wii: Ben 10: Galactic Racing $7.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 $7.99
:wii: Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident $7.99
:wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $7.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $7.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the Second Dimension $7.99
:wii: Press Your Luck 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: UFC Personal Trainer $7.99
:wii: Just Dance $9.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $9.99
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex $12.99
:wii: GoldenEye 007 $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $12.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $12.99
:wii: Wipeout $12.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $14.99
:wii: Nickelodeon Dance $14.99
:wii: Just Dance 3 $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know NCIS was part of the sale!
I know it's supposed to be terrible, but I love NCIS, so I'm probably gonna get it and Ace Combat.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']Unfortunately FF13-2 arrived today completely unreadable due to scratches. Hope they have more copies that I can exchange for.[/QUOTE]

If not, hit it with some Brasso. Works for me everytime; even when the Xbox can't even recognize it as a disc.

[quote name='Koelker12']Wow, really? Apparently I need to pay more attention to these Gamefly sales. They even gave me free shipping for Rage.[/QUOTE]

These sales always have free shipping.

[quote name='DR2K']fuck I missed $14.99 FFXIII-2 for the 3rd time. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Somebody help this guy out!

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Do you have to be a member of Gamefly to buy these games? I'm not seeing an option to purchase on the SotD PS3 page.[/QUOTE]

It's out of stock at the moment if you don't see the option. Try clicking on a less popular title and see what that looks like.

I'm so hesitant to buy games from here due to sratches and chips(?!). I guess for the price its good. but no resell value. Can someone post or pm me a pic of these chips? How would they even happen?

[quote name='raiden_86']Somebody help this guy out!

I'm so hesitant to buy games from here due to sratches and chips(?!). I guess for the price its good, but no resell value. Can someone post or pm me a pic of these chips? How would they even happen?[/QUOTE]

Investor has some pics uploaded of chipped disks from gamefly available here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7864

I don't think it's been confirmed how they happen.

My advice would be to always go for the PS3 versions during Gamefly sales if you have the option unless the 360 version is clearly superior. The Blu-Ray discs are much more resilient than the 360 ones. Never had an issue with 360 discs or PS3 discs, but the PS3 ones always look much better.

Edit: Oh wow, never gotten actual chips before. The above only pertains to scratches!

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']My advice would be to always go for the PS3 versions during Gamefly sales if you have the option unless the 360 version is clearly superior. The Blu-Ray discs are much more resilient than the 360 ones. Never had an issue with 360 discs or PS3 discs, but the PS3 ones always look much better.

Edit: Oh wow, never gotten actual chips before. The above only pertains to scratches![/QUOTE]

I always use that as a rule. I never had a problem with Gamefly games not playing though. Guess I'm just lucky.

I'm wondering how many copies of Rage they have, and how many they've sold during this sale. I've been checking back for the past three days, hoping to find Driver SF back in stock, with no luck so far. Each time, I've checked on Rage (360 Version) as well, and I haven't seen it OoS yet. Great news for people that want Rage, but they must have had a crazy number of copies of it to start with.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm wondering how many copies of Rage they have, and how many they've sold during this sale. I've been checking back for the past three days, hoping to find Driver SF back in stock, with no luck so far. Each time, I've checked on Rage (360 Version) as well, and I haven't seen it OoS yet. Great news for people that want Rage, but they must have had a crazy number of copies of it to start with.[/QUOTE]

If you want Driver SF, Wal-Mart has it as part of their buy 2 for $30 get one free Xbox 360 games. The total price comes to $35 once everything is taxed and shipped. If you don't want any of the other games they offer, you could just flip them on eBay and make $28 or so of that money back. I ended up keeping Driver SF and am in the process of selling off the other 2 games I got from the bundle because they were Platinum Hits and I'm picky, so I'll use the $$ to buy back versions that aren't.

As far as Driver itself goes, I like the game. The controls are touchy and the cars all fishtail a LOT, though. There is a story, but it's stupid and not really worth paying attention to. Think of it as a collection of driving mini-games, because that's basically what it is. Being "shifted" out of your car after doing a Tanner mission and having to do some other seemingly irrelevant story mission to unlock the next Tanner mission really breaks up any continuity the game could hope to have. It seems like they did this to give the story mode sense of length that just isn't there. But yeah, sometimes the driving mini-games get repetitive, some seem meaningless or annoying, but overall it's fun and for sure worth the $8-$12 bucks.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Oh Gamefly, you're so hilarious. I ordered multiple games in 1 order, but they split up the order to single games so now the orders don't have tracking numbers and probably longer shipping time... :bs:[/QUOTE]

They might be shipping them from different distribution centers. Some may have simply reached the bare minimum for certain games, thus the need to ship it from a different center that has an abundance of the game. I received two packaged together today, will be receiving a third separately (probably in a few days). Not the end of the world.

[quote name='Pravado']So is this replacing nightly deals now?[/QUOTE]

Til it's over and then maybe for a week or so after that. Then the nightly deals usually return. Then they do a monthly sale. Rinse and repeat.

Wow, got my $10 NCIS in two days. Played through, got the platinum, and traded it into Best Buy for $17 less than 24 hours later. In case you're wondering, it was one of the worst games I have ever played.

[quote name='odd mr t']Wow, got my $10 NCIS in two days. Played through, got the platinum, and traded it into Best Buy for $17 less than 24 hours later. In case you're wondering, it was one of the worst games I have ever played.[/QUOTE]

Props for Stepping up and playing through it. Can't believe it traded in for 17.

Grabbed TORCHLIGHT for 3.75, for those that are true CAGs like me I'm not blowing 59.99 on D3 so from the reviews this game will easily suffice.

Played this game for a few hours, very addictive and fun, I beta tested D3 and almost like this better, much more ability to upgrade like D2, well worth the price, must buy!

[quote name='pun123']Grabbed TORCHLIGHT for 3.75, for those that are true CAGs like me I'm not blowing 59.99 on D3 so from the reviews this game will easily suffice.[/QUOTE]

How do you buy a game if you aren't a gamefly member?

I waited to long and Ace Combat is OOS for 360 now.
I guess I am not going to even bother ordering NCIS anymore, unless Ace Combat comes back in stock. I want to play it, but I don't want to only order one game from them.

Maybe next sale.

If I start a free trial and rent a game, will I still have the option to keep it for the price that it says and then cancel the trial when the 10 days ends?
I know you can check out a game, say Ace Combat AH, and have the option to keep it for $12.99, but I am wondering if that option is available during trials.

Debating about Sonic Generations. I already beat it, but I think it's good enough to replay again.

Should I get it on PS3 or 360? I heard the PS3 version has input lag.

I ordered Shadows of the Damned on tues. morning and they never shipped it so I contacted them on fri. and they said it would ship soon and when I contacted them on Sat. they said they didn't have a time frame when it would ship, :drool: bunk a$$ $hit. I told them to cancel it, Ill grab it when it hits 7.99 :cool:

Just picked up Force Unleashed 2 for $8 and Alice Madness Returns for $13. Couldnt say no to those low prices...and they were both miraculously back in stock.

I tried picking up Alice last night and I got all the way to checkout before it was removed from my cart. It was very annoying. Glad I could pick it up today.

NCIS wasn't terrible, it was like playing the CSI games, really short and really easy to 1000/1000 achievements, just playing through the storyline. Definitely not worth buying though and I'm a huge fan of the show, but was definitely disappointed with what they could've done with it.

My copy of Portal 2 arrived today. I was pleased with the shipping time, since I think I ordered it on Tuesday. However, I can't say I'm at all pleased with the condition. It's just scratched all to hell. It looks like it was never stored in the sleeve and just got tossed around someone's house. I'm not even 100% certain it will work, although it *probably* will, and I'll try it later today.

The disc also has those chips people were talking about, although, to me, they look more like dents. I knew the odds of the disc having those spots on the edge going in, so no complaints there. I thought that was the only gamble I was taking and I was prepared to accept a disk with the chips/dents provided it was otherwise in excellent condition.

This pretty much put me off from GameFly, doubt I'll buy anything else there. It might be the way to go if you're using it as a rental service and you can rent the disc, judge its condition and decide whether or not you want to keep it. For me, though, just as someone who never rents anything and only buys... this is the worst condition used game I've ever bought in my life--and I've bought from GameStop, BlockBuster, flea markets, friends, Goodwill, eBay, GameGavel, Amazon and its various sellers. Honestly, I'm surprised, because everyone has so many positive things to say about GameFly.

[quote name='spideymike']I got my copy of Driver: SF :360: today and it was in perfect condition. The disc was not scratched at all. Very satisfied.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Game is fun so far too. Can't beat the price!

Got my xbox DE:HR Today from pittsburgh shipping place. Looks to be in decent condition, no real chips or scratches. Trying it out in a bit!

[quote name='DukeMagnem']My copy of Portal 2 arrived today. I was pleased with the shipping time, since I think I ordered it on Tuesday. However, I can't say I'm at all pleased with the condition. It's just scratched all to hell. It looks like it was never stored in the sleeve and just got tossed around someone's house. I'm not even 100% certain it will work, although it *probably* will, and I'll try it later today.

The disc also has those chips people were talking about, although, to me, they look more like dents. I knew the odds of the disc having those spots on the edge going in, so no complaints there. I thought that was the only gamble I was taking and I was prepared to accept a disk with the chips/dents provided it was otherwise in excellent condition.

This pretty much put me off from GameFly, doubt I'll buy anything else there. It might be the way to go if you're using it as a rental service and you can rent the disc, judge its condition and decide whether or not you want to keep it. For me, though, just as someone who never rents anything and only buys... this is the worst condition used game I've ever bought in my life--and I've bought from GameStop, BlockBuster, flea markets, friends, Goodwill, eBay, GameGavel, Amazon and its various sellers. Honestly, I'm surprised, because everyone has so many positive things to say about GameFly.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is a crapshoot, especially on Xbox 360. My PS3 discs always come pristine (except for the chips/dents) but Xbox is about 50/50.

But I'm the kind of guy that, as long as the game plays fine, I don't really give a shit what it looks like. And I've never had a Gamefly game not play for me.

[quote name='mrclutch']Props for Stepping up and playing through it. Can't believe it traded in for 17.[/QUOTE]

$11 T.I.V at Best Buy + 50% bonus. I felt a little guilty trading it in because eventually someone else will buy it and be subjected to it. A better man might have destroyed it to help save his fellow gamers...but 17 bucks is 17 bucks.

went ahead and jumped on Dead Island and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Now I'm off to watch like an hour of FF XIII cutscenes to get the story.

I have ordered about 10 times from GF for used game. Xmen Destiny is the first PS3 game where I received with the chips along the outer edge. Is this someone intentionally doing this or does GF have some automatic machine sorter that is doing it?

[quote name='decon']I have ordered about 10 times from GF for used game. Xmen Destiny is the first PS3 game where I received with the chips along the outer edge. Is this someone intentionally doing this or does GF have some automatic machine sorter that is doing it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's been done in a machine of some sort, whether it be a sorter or resurfacer or whatever. Looks like it would be hard to replicate manually. I think the disc would have to be spinning at a high speed and bumping a hard surface along the edge to do that.

I've ordered at least 10 times from them and all of the games they have sent me have been in absolute pristine condition, including case and manual and all the online codes. No complaints at all. Just jinxed myself.

TORCHLIGHT (PC)-3.75. Absolute steal, grab it while you can, I like it better than D3 has much better customization, also register at their website to get Beta key for Torchlight 2.

[quote name='pun123']TORCHLIGHT (PC)-3.75. Absolute steal, grab it while you can, I like it better than D3 has much better customization, also register at their website to get Beta key for Torchlight 2.[/QUOTE]
Anyone know if it will activate on steam?

[quote name='An J0e']went ahead and jumped on Dead Island and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Now I'm off to watch like an hour of FF XIII cutscenes to get the story.[/QUOTE]

They show various cutscenes throughout XIII-2 that kinda give you a feel for what happened during XIII (I think some might almost be straight out of XIII but they are used effectively), just not entirely sure if they cover everything. I played through about 3/4 of XIII and completely through XIII-2 and didn't feel like I missed much.

got my copy of inFamous 2 today i've only ordered once before from gamefly and that game (phineas and ferb PS3) came in great condition with a few chips on the edge. infamous 2 looks great as well has chips too a little more than P&F, but no scratches and it plays fine. i got P&F from the LA distribution center since i'm 20 mins from LA this one though came from the PA distribution center.

[quote name='oldgoon']They show various cutscenes throughout XIII-2 that kinda give you a feel for what happened during XIII (I think some might almost be straight out of XIII but they are used effectively), just not entirely sure if they cover everything. I played through about 3/4 of XIII and completely through XIII-2 and didn't feel like I missed much.[/QUOTE]

Yea XIII-2 does a good job telling what happened in XIII. If you haven't played XIII, you shouldn't feel lost. Maybe you'll not get a lil "inside joke" or fact here and there, but its not important.

XIII-2 also have a beginners primer that basically have the entire XIII story to read.

[quote name='ThePriceIsRight']Yea XIII-2 does a good job telling what happened in XIII. If you haven't played XIII, you shouldn't feel lost. Maybe you'll not get a lil "inside joke" or fact here and there, but its not important.

XIII-2 also have a beginners primer that basically have the entire XIII story to read.[/QUOTE]

I'll just give that a look then thanks. Started watching a youtube account that had all the cut scenes and alot of them were just 2 mins boss introductions.

On the other note, i've seen the comments about chips for a while now, and i haven't had much trouble with them. I got around 7-8 games from gamefly and only one wasn't mint, and that one only had one chip. if i get a bad one though ill send a complaint that directs them to this/previous thread(s).

Does anyone know if Alice madness returns comes with the download for the original game? I hear online passes come with other games but don't know how extra dlc works on gamefly.

heh i never complain about chipped discs, couldn't care less but i wish i got 29300921302933 chips instead of the condition of the disc lol

my copy of Catherine came in yesterday and it was scratched as hell :/ smh people take care of your rented games :p

hopefully it works

bread's done
Back