GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
man i feel like a dumbass for paying $20 used for these titles a few months ago. Still untouched in my backlog. Looks like 10 bucks needs to be my new price point!

Picked up TWII for only 5.37 shipped! Used a $5 coupon I had. Was hoping to pick up Dead Space 2 but it was sold out :/.

Let me hear what you guys want to see on sale next!

My list:
Crysis 2
Killzone 3
Dragon Age II
Mafia II
Castlevania again(Missed it the last time :cry:)

[quote name='gotdott']I haven't gotten my spiderman yet either so it's probably just that game[/QUOTE]

Same here. Castlevania showed up Saturday, but no Spider-Man so far.

Come on Metro or Assassin's Creed. I pasted on a $19 assassin's creed from amazon (gone now) because the gamefly deals are still going. I don't know how much longer i can hold out.

Well i finally talked to a rep took almost a hour. They merged an account after i placed my order and screwed the account up. The sad thing is this account was like when they first showed up on the internet my credit card on file was exp date 2005! They lied to me and told me since it was the wrong account they canceled the order. That was not true they canceled it while talking to them... I had until the 30th to update the credit card which it would not let me. They so lie out of there teeth and they would not honor the damn price they placed a 2nd order and doubled the cost and i complained. There was other misc stuff that came up to and man is this company crooks and a few years break from them was not enough time for them to get less evil.

I am DNF Cursed and GF can ride my gravy train into a pit of goo.

I know i am not alone and them trying to tell me i can rent the game and do that i laughed and said there slow as hell and the person just sounded like i punched him in the you know what. I will pass on these deals thanks OP but i rather spend $10 more just to never have to talk to GF again.

I wish i can add a ignore thread for this one so i never get tempted again for a GF sale. I lasted for 2-3 years dangit! Then 2nd order in 1 week from trying them again i get there evilness on me again.

My copy of Spider-Man SD actually arrived last Saturday.
Maybe there were a lot of orders that it had to be shipped from a warehouse further than where it should have been from when the stocks were plenty.

Same here. My Bulletstorm was also shipped on the 23rd from the Pittsburgh shipping warehouse, and I'm right around the corner.

[quote name='Nitro_']Still no bulletstorm for me today...it shipped the 23rd. Usually I would have my game already[/QUOTE]

I hear a lot of people saying their order got cancelled. Is this common? Doesn't seem like a reliable place to order from if it is.

[quote name='JP73']I hear a lot of people saying their order got cancelled. Is this common? Doesn't seem like a reliable place to order from if it is.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Need for Speed and it shipped no problem. I haven't had any problems in the past either. Might be incorrect/mismatching credit card information provided or maybe some people are trying to buy a ton of the same game.

[quote name='JP73']I hear a lot of people saying their order got cancelled. Is this common? Doesn't seem like a reliable place to order from if it is.[/QUOTE]

i've never had an order canceled by gamefly, that's weird. I've ordered about 10 or so games over the last couple years. Are you thinking of gohastings.com? They cancel a lot of book orders i buy.

I've heard of orders being canceled by gamefly when it's one of those cases where the item goes out of stock and comes back in stock, only to go out of stock again. I could see the system selling more copies than they've got, in a case like that.

my cancellation was due to a mess up with my shipping address. i have one on file but i had it shipped to a different address just for this order since i wont be around but they reverted it back to the one on file for some reason and then canceled it

[quote name='Investor']Same here. My Bulletstorm was also shipped on the 23rd from the Pittsburgh shipping warehouse, and I'm right around the corner.[/QUOTE]

A while back I posed the question on shipping times since I live in Pittsburgh not far from the warehouse. Single games are mailed standard mail and for some reason or another can take a week to get to you (no matter where you are), but if you buy 2 or more, they are sent priority and normally arrive 1-2 days.

I purchased Bulletstorm from their sale a few weeks back, and the package was post-marked a full week prior to my receipt. Not sure what the USPS does, but it looked like the received the package and tossed it in a corner for a week since I could walk to the facility and back in 1/2 day.

[quote name='blitztwn36']A while back I posed the question on shipping times since I live in Pittsburgh not far from the warehouse. Single games are mailed standard mail and for some reason or another can take a week to get to you (no matter where you are), but if you buy 2 or more, they are sent priority and normally arrive 1-2 days.[/QUOTE]

So those of us who bought a single game to play it are shafted while those who buy in bulk to flip for profit are rewarded? Good to know. I know how many copies I'll be buying from now on. ;)

[quote name='CaseX']So those of us who bought a single game to play it are shafted while those who buy in bulk to flip for profit are rewarded? Good to know. I know how many copies I'll be buying from now on. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep no business from me. To many inconsistencies and horror stories.

[quote name='rpg']if u guys want faster shipping why dont u just pay express and get your game in a day?[/QUOTE]
Because people like to whine? It kinda comes in the territory of gaming. Also bit off note, but my two orders from last night were shipped out today, but never got a shipping email. Odd.

Eitherway here's hoping tonight is the last night of deals for my wallets sake. Though if it comes down to possible deals, here's hoping Alice, Fight Night: Champion, Crysis or MvC3.

Yea I can't see complaining about Free shipping being to slow and slow being 2 days when it said (for me at least) 2-4 business days before it shipped.

I'm sure GF does not miss the sales as they sell out anyways, more games for people here I say.

Can anyone confirm that Red Faction Armageddon on PC is not GFWL? I can never seem to get a clear answer from searching, even though its seems obvious that its not. Just wanna have more info while deciding if I should get it on 360.

[quote name='iwannadie']Yea I can't see complaining about Free shipping being to slow and slow being 2 days when it said (for me at least) 2-4 business days before it shipped.

I'm sure GF does not miss the sales as they sell out anyways, more games for people here I say.[/QUOTE]

Good I hope it doesn't affect them.

As far as complaining that is a right especially when these games will be selling EVERYWHERE very soon for the same price or probably lower with better service and better discs..

Business 101 attract the customer and KEEP the customer. If they don't want new customers sticking around and buying more games and then probably the rental service then it is stupid on their part.

Also 101... be consistent. Don't ship out NEW orders BEFORE OLD orders. How unorganized and lost do you have to be to do that? VERY.

I hear even more so that they are awful with the rental service bad shipping and way too expensive.

I'll wait for the going out of business sale thanks.

[quote name='JungleRot']Good I hope it doesn't affect them.

As far as complaining that is a right especially when these games will be selling EVERYWHERE very soon for the same price or probably lower with better service and better discs..

Business 101 attract the customer and KEEP the customer. If they don't want new customers sticking around and buying more games and then probably the rental service then it is stupid on their part.

Also 101... be consistent. Don't ship out NEW orders BEFORE OLD orders. How unorganized and lost do you have to be to do that? VERY.

I hear even more so that they are awful with the rental service bad shipping and way too expensive.

I'll wait for the going out of business sale thanks.[/QUOTE]

wont happen

EDIT- guess i shouldnt say wont happen, but definitely not anytime soon.

gamefly-300x269.jpg

Good luck with that

lol i have no idea why people would complain about slow shipping unless they are trying to flip the game and worry TIV will go down. :lol: I would venture to say 90% of us have a back log so why do u need the game within 2 days? I've been waiting on my Homefront order and wish it's here but I wouldn't go b*tch about it and talk about how sh*tty Gamefly is. Most of the orders, they shipped out next day, how slow/fast it gets to you is the shipping company's business, not GF.

They have 2 copies limit to help prevent hoarders, so not sure why that dude complains about flippers getting rewarded.

You should be really mad at Cheapy then for starting this thread and recommending we do business with GF.

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol i have no idea why people would complain about slow shipping unless they are trying to flip the game and worry TIV will go down. :lol: I would venture to say 90% of us have a back log so why do u need the game within 2 days? I've been waiting on my Homefront order and wish it's here but I wouldn't go b*tch about it and talk about how sh*tty Gamefly is. Most of the orders, they shipped out next day, how slow/fast it gets to you is the shipping company's business, not GF.

They have 2 copies limit to help prevent hoarders, so not sure why that dude complains about flippers getting rewarded.[/QUOTE]

I also could give two shits about how long it takes to get a game with free shipping. It'll get here when it gets here. Like you said, I have PLENTY of game to play until then.:joystick:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Crossing my fingers for NO Wii games...keep on with the games on the HD systems.[/QUOTE]
AMEN to that :applause:

[quote name='kouleefoh']...have no idea why people would complain about slow shipping unless they are trying to flip the game and worry TIV will go down...[/QUOTE]

I wish da man would notify Amazon ahead of time of the sales GF is having to further mitigate flipping.

[quote name='iwannadie']You should be really mad at Cheapy then for starting this thread and recommending we do business with GF.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is good. Try to get cheapy d involved..what are you three?

I am not mad at anyone or even gamefly. I just offered my opinion and decided against working with gamefly. If that hurt somebody's feelings (which it seems to have) then I am sorry for that.

I am sure cheapyD is a bigger person then you want to make them out to be or probably even you.

Wow.. now go tell teacher tay?

Only Wii games I want are mostly first party titles. Though wouldn't mind a deal on some DS games as well *COUGH*OKAMIDEN*COUGH*

[quote name='JungleRot']Oh that is good. Try to get cheapy d involved..what are you three?

I am not mad at anyone or even gamefly. I just offered my opinion and decided against working with gamefly. If that hurt somebody's feelings (which it seems to have) then I am sorry for that.

I am sure cheapyD is a bigger person then you want to make them out to be or probably even you.

Wow.. now go tell teacher tay?[/QUOTE]
what?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I also could give two shits about how long it takes to get a game with free shipping. It'll get here when it gets here. Like you said, I have PLENTY of game to play until then.:joystick:[/QUOTE]
Half the time i'm too busy checking for good deals on games than actually playing them :lol:

[quote name='visceralentity']Do the packages usually say "gamefly" on them? I'm worried about a package being stolen.[/QUOTE]
Only on the return address portion of the yellow envelope. It's not stamped "GAMEFLY" everywhere if that's what you're worried about.

[quote name='visceralentity']Do the packages usually say "gamefly" on them? I'm worried about a package being stolen.[/QUOTE]

Mine always did.

Dude stop trolling! Everyone gets the point, you don't like GameFly!

Now on to the deals!

I can't speak for anyone else here who hasn't received their game yet, but I personally am not upset at how long the shipping time is for my copy of Spidey. I am upset that they didn't even bother to do any sort of tracking. It costs a mere 70 cents for USPS delivery confirmation, which I gladly would've paid for peace of mind.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Amazon, but I would at least like to know that they cared enough about my shipment to know whether or not it got delivered. And so I know whether I should keep waiting for it, or whether it's already been delivered. For all I know, the postman or my neighbor could be sitting at home playing my copy of Spidey right now.

All I'm saying is that they left a bad first impression for a first time customer. (And I only bought one copy to play, for those who are complaining about flippers.)

/endrant

my packages from them say only GF

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back