GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Castlevania is surprisingly good. Great so far.

On the side note, Homefront is fun but way too short (SP), so unless you want multiplayer, in which case you should try to buy new anyways, I say wait or rent. I finished it in 3 days.

Gamefly sent me a email saying they wanted to speak with the cardholder of the account and then they could ship out my order...ordered with prepaid visas as ive been doing for the past few weeks and now this pops up after i did an order for Dance Paradise and about 12 other titles...i dont get it.

[quote name='matthewhsh2002']Castlevania is surprisingly good. Great so far.

On the side note, Homefront is fun but way too short (SP), so unless you want multiplayer, in which case you should try to buy new anyways, I say wait or rent. I finished it in 3 days.[/QUOTE]

gamefly games usually come with unused codes (since they never send out the case and its contents) so it shouldn't matter

Picked up Homefront for ps3. I like terse shooters every once in a while. especially or under $15. Thanks again Gamefly & CAG.

I bought Bulletstorm last night. I hope it's a good game and I hope I won't feel obligated to do crazy combos when I just wanna shoot people.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is a nightly deal on ME2 for PS3. I'd pay $30 used for that game with all the DLC that would come with it!

[quote name='muffin1man']I bought Bulletstorm last night. I hope it's a good game and I hope I won't feel obligated to do crazy combos when I just wanna shoot people.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is a nightly deal on ME2 for PS3. I'd pay $30 used for that game with all the DLC that would come with it![/QUOTE]
Bulletstorm is a fun shooter, though you will probably end up only using 2 of the weapons for the majority of the game. It's pretty short though, I beat it in a day. Overall though you are getting a great game for a cheap price.

Picked up a copy of TDU2 for a friend as I already have a copy, looking forward to just driving around the islands with someone.

Just to note, I finally got my MVC3 in the mail yesterday, from last weeks sale. It was either 9 or 10 days after it shipped. Most people seem to get their stuff pretty quick, but I guess the lesson is don't freak out if it's a little late. I sent an email after 8 days, and they were going to handle it pretty well, but now I've had to send another dismissing it... since, you know, I'm not the type of guy to just pretend it never got here. :p

[quote name='gotdott']gamefly games usually come with unused codes (since they never send out the case and its contents) so it shouldn't matter[/QUOTE]

Yep, the code that came with my copy of Bulletstorm worked just fine.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Just to note, I finally got my MVC3 in the mail yesterday, from last weeks sale. It was either 9 or 10 days after it shipped. Most people seem to get their stuff pretty quick, but I guess the lesson is don't freak out if it's a little late. I sent an email after 8 days, and they were going to handle it pretty well, but now I've had to send another dismissing it... since, you know, I'm not the type of guy to just pretend it never got here. :p[/QUOTE]
I am in NY and they take 5-10 days to get to me every time it seems.

This is a warning do not keep contacting them about not getting stuff in a timely manner. I had friends that got banned cause they complained a few times when rentals and game purchases took almost to get there. They blamed it on the post office screwing up and said they can not buy or rent from GF again cause of the PO issues. So rule of thumb wait and wait and all fails contact them but be warned they act like they are gods and have the ban hammer set to kill. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am in NY and they take 5-10 days to get to me every time it seems.

This is a warning do not keep contacting them about not getting stuff in a timely manner. I had friends that got banned cause they complained a few times when rentals and game purchases took almost to get there. They blamed it on the post office screwing up and said they can not buy or rent from GF again cause of the PO issues. So rule of thumb wait and wait and all fails contact them but be warned they act like they are gods and have the ban hammer set to kill. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, and I'll remember that! Actually the whole point of the matter was that I almost always receive my games between 2 and 4 days, though this was the first time I had actually purchased one from them.

[quote name='ratandjmt']Already picked up 3 games over the past few days. I am loving this sale.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I was only able to get just 1. I missed out on Vanquish and Spiderman: SD, both were $10 each, when I was too slow during check out.

[quote name='Investor']Yeah! I was only able to get just 1. I missed out on Vanquish and Spiderman: SD, both were $10 each, when I was too slow during check out.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen with Spiderman, I waited until I got home to order it and as soon as I added it to cart it said the items have changed since adding them. Someone beat me to the last copy by seconds. In case you didn't know, Cheapy is averaging these updates around 8pm EST every weekday.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']How many more days are these sales going on?[/QUOTE]

Depending on how much house cleaning they're doing for the holidays, it could last awhile. I'd assume it'll be awhile considering they've only been offering up a handful of titles each night, as opposed to just price cutting all the overstock they have.

Edit: [quote name='CheapyD']More next week![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My Bulletstorm Epic Edition came in today. Disc isn't perfect, but doesn't look bad either.

I might ebay my online pass for a couple of bucks (every little bit helps) because I doubt I will be playing any multiplayer and I could care less about the bonus content.

Crap. I had put Fallout new vegas in my cart. was going to go take a shower. School called, come pick up the sick kid. Then a trip to costco, go into work and I don't have time to complete the sale. :(

Oh well, I've seen it go on sale before, it will go on sale again.

[quote name='eldergamer']Crap. I had put Fallout new vegas in my cart. was going to go take a shower. School called, come pick up the sick kid. Then a trip to costco, go into work and I don't have time to complete the sale. :(

Oh well, I've seen it go on sale before, it will go on sale again.[/QUOTE]
O.O, it takes about 10 sec to complete the sale if u already have an acc.

[quote name='sp8001']My Bulletstorm Epic Edition came in today. Disc isn't perfect, but doesn't look bad either.

I might ebay my online pass for a couple of bucks (every little bit helps) because I doubt I will be playing any multiplayer and I could care less about the bonus content.[/QUOTE]

The pass is pretty much worthless and doesn't really affect online. It just gives you a leash skin and about 6 Echoes (time trial) maps.

Wow, Duke was shipped Monday and Castlevania was shipped Tuesday, got them both today. That's not too bad. :D Of course everything is mint. Waiting on Homefront now.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Wow, Duke was shipped Monday and Castlevania was shipped Tuesday, got them both today. That's not too bad. :D Of course everything is mint. Waiting on Homefront now.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I got four xbox games from Gamefly and they are all some kind scrached. But All can be installed.

Has anyone had GF tell them theres a problem with their account because of the order being too large? I ordered some multiples of titles,14 titles, and half where multiples for different systems and the total was like 183.00, at first i thought it was something with me using prepaid cards but no...so with the big yellow banner on top of my account page i email customer service...a day later i get a reply that someone there needs to talk to the holder of the credit card(visa pp) and that i had to the 26 to contact them between 12-4pm central time which is a hour ahead of Mtn ?I THINK....I try to start a chat with a rep and include my number so they can call me....missed the call video chatting but listened to voicemail and it was basically outlining the same as the email that they wanted to talk to me about my large order..WTF...how is 14 games a large order when i spent not less than 140.00 a week ago on MVC3,Homefront,Red Faction, and DNF....im not really tripping just wondering if any has had any similar situation happen?
p.s. sorry for the rant fellas's

[quote name='foreinter']Lucky you. I got four xbox games from Gamefly and they are all some kind scrached. But All can be installed.[/QUOTE]
Mine was PS3. I hear a lot more complaints of Xbox games being scratched than PS3. Not trying to start a console war or anything, but is it because bluray disc are harder to scratched or xbox users are just more violent with their games? :lol:

[quote name='Rumors']I get off at eight tonight. El shaddai? Heh[/QUOTE]
New deals aren't back until after the weekend.

Picked up TDU2 and Homefront for about $22 shipped.. Not bad at all.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on the other sales coming up.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Mine was PS3. I hear a lot more complaints of Xbox games being scratched than PS3. Not trying to start a console war or anything, but is it because bluray disc are harder to scratched or xbox users are just more violent with their games? :lol:[/QUOTE]

You practically have to make an effort to scratch blu-ray discs. Definitely one of the major benefits about the format.

Got my Spiderman: SD for 360 in today, and as per usual the disc is in near perfect shape, and the case and manual look brand new. Gamefly and Amazon are the only two places I'll EVER buy used games from. Thanks again Cheapy!

Ordered 360 Castlevania on Wed. Checked my mailbox Sat. morning and it's there. "Yay!"- but not so fast. Seems that the disc1 (of a 2disc set) is scratched to all hell, a first for me when dealing with Gamefly; usually expected this from Gamestop. Anyway, I tried to clean it several times, but it wouldn't read. 30 min. later I got my 360 to recognize it. But this copy must be played through the installed HDD, not off the disc; which is common sense for 99% of all 360 games these days.

[quote name='JazzFlight']New deals aren't back until after the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I am almost glad, my wallet has taken a CAG beating this past week.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Has anyone had GF tell them theres a problem with their account because of the order being too large? I ordered some multiples of titles,14 titles, and half where multiples for different systems and the total was like 183.00, at first i thought it was something with me using prepaid cards but no...so with the big yellow banner on top of my account page i email customer service...a day later i get a reply that someone there needs to talk to the holder of the credit card(visa pp) and that i had to the 26 to contact them between 12-4pm central time which is a hour ahead of Mtn ?I THINK....I try to start a chat with a rep and include my number so they can call me....missed the call video chatting but listened to voicemail and it was basically outlining the same as the email that they wanted to talk to me about my large order..WTF...how is 14 games a large order when i spent not less than 140.00 a week ago on MVC3,Homefront,Red Faction, and DNF....im not really tripping just wondering if any has had any similar situation happen?
p.s. sorry for the rant fellas's[/QUOTE]

I ordered about $70 worth of games last week with a Bestbuy pre-paid Visa card. At 1st it didn't go through then someone mentioned to activate it which I did then it worked but I noticed it took 3 days to finally get it shipped. I had went to the customer service chat and he told me it was due to the limits and stuff since I ordered 2 copies of Killzone 3 and Duke Nukem. I never attempted to order more than 2 since that is the limit. Then it finally got shipped . So talk through the customer service chat and they can verify for you about your order.

Badass. My Bulletstorm had the DLC for the epic edition, as well as the online pass (one code) very nice for $10!!! gamefly 4tw!

My copies of Spider-Man and Castlevania for :ps3: came in today. The cases, manual and box art all look fine. But but both discs have noticeable scuff marks around the edges. Not that big of a deal, but I remember the DNF and Red Faction games I got from Gamefly a couple weeks back being in pristine condition. These are also older games, so that might account for it as well.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Has anyone had GF tell them theres a problem with their account because of the order being too large? I ordered some multiples of titles,14 titles, and half where multiples for different systems and the total was like 183.00, at first i thought it was something with me using prepaid cards but no...so with the big yellow banner on top of my account page i email customer service...a day later i get a reply that someone there needs to talk to the holder of the credit card(visa pp) and that i had to the 26 to contact them between 12-4pm central time which is a hour ahead of Mtn ?I THINK....I try to start a chat with a rep and include my number so they can call me....missed the call video chatting but listened to voicemail and it was basically outlining the same as the email that they wanted to talk to me about my large order..WTF...how is 14 games a large order when i spent not less than 140.00 a week ago on MVC3,Homefront,Red Faction, and DNF....im not really tripping just wondering if any has had any similar situation happen?

Stop hoarding and maybe you won't have any problems.

I guess that's their attempt to stop folks from using them to make money flipping.

Pretty fucking awesome if so.

Maybe consider not spending $183 all in one shot, chief. Unless you're buying all the extra copies to donate in a charitable means, I'd say that you're guilty of being a hoarder/flipper; and if you are hoarding, then I'm crossing my fingers that they do cancel your order, if only so other CAG's (aka. Cheap Ass GAMERS) can partake in the deal.

[quote name='AwRy108']Maybe consider not spending $183 all in one shot, chief. Unless you're buying all the extra copies to donate in a charitable means, I'd say that you're guilty of being a hoarder/flipper; and if you are hoarding, then I'm crossing my fingers that they do cancel your order, if only so other CAG's (aka. Cheap Ass GAMERS) can partake in the deal.[/QUOTE]

In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong with "flipping". "Flipping" or making a profit is the way of business. From every game you purchase down to the roll of toilet paper you buy as a consumer there is a profit being made whether it be a corporation or some Joe Smo. "Flipping" is used in all aspects of business from the food market to the stock market. So being a capitalist society that we are I don't see any wrong doing. However I have a problem with "Hoarding". Why you ask? Because "hoarding" displays characteristics of greed as well as a person who has no regard for others, but themselves. In this case there were people who waited to to buy Castlevania, Bullet Storm, Spider Man, ect at a CAG price, but were S.O.L., because some "hoarder" bought 10 copies of the same game or everything in stock. It disgusts me.

[quote name='Explayer85']In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong with "flipping". "Flipping" or making a profit is the way of business. From every game you purchase down to the roll of toilet paper you buy as a consumer there is a profit being made whether it be a corporation or some Joe Smo. "Flipping" is used in all aspects of business from the food market to the stock market. So being a capitalist society that we are I don't see any wrong doing. However I have a problem with "Hoarding". Why you ask? Because "hoarding" displays characteristics of greed as well as a person who has no regard for others, but themselves. In this case there were people who waited to to buy Castlevania, Bullet Storm, Spider Man, ect at a CAG price, but were S.O.L., because some "hoarder" bought 10 copies of the same game or everything in stock. It disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

You can't have it both ways. You can't say you are all for capitalism and then say the guy can't buy up all the games to then flip them for profit. Either he has the right to buy up all the supply to sell or he doesn't. You can't say he can buy games to flip but he can only buy 1.

I think it sucks and only hurts those on this site by hoarding and flipping games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back