GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait until Black Friday, and you will see all these games for $10 brand new.

[quote name='boogie4114']Going out on a limb here, but possibly Dead Space 2, Shift 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, L.A Noire, MLB 11, and Baseball 2k11.

I would like to see Shadows of the Damned go on sale but it might be premature for that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']every game I have ever ordered from GF have included unused DLC/ online passes.[/QUOTE]

This. They're brand new but missing the wrap for me.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']This. They're brand new but missing the wrap for me.[/QUOTE]
some of my orders still have parts of the shrink wrap stuck on the case. :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']some of my orders still have parts of the shrink wrap stuck on the case. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Same. Some games I bought had the DO NOT SELL TIL X DATE sticker on them, lol.

[quote name='Investor']Just wait until Black Friday, and you will see all these games for $10 brand new.[/QUOTE]

People are sure having high hopes for BF this year and I am not sure what it is based on. To me that past few BFs have been rather sucky.

in my opinion, black fridays are for bigger purchases like tvs and consoles. I wasn't looking at game deals last year because I was still rocking my PS2 so I can't say much for games deal. But I can't imagine it gets much better than the sales we have now. Of course if you wait 2 more months til black friday, the games will be cheaper for sure because they're older.

[quote name='iwannadie']People are sure having high hopes for BF this year and I am not sure what it is based on. To me that past few BFs have been rather sucky.[/QUOTE]

i agree. every year it the same group of yearly EA titles, sports games, and second tier games.

[quote name='iwannadie']People are sure having high hopes for BF this year and I am not sure what it is based on. To me that past few BFs have been rather sucky.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought the past three were pretty bitchin'. I do get what you say to an extent though, it seems like you can throw out the name of a game and someone will insist it will be on sale during BF. It seems to me though that the BF games tend to follow trends: AAA fall releases that didn't have spectacular sales numbers or have had alot of sales after release (my money is on Deus Ex being a common game on sale this BF), third party titles, greatest hits titles, etc.

[quote name='iamsmart']Really? I thought the past three were pretty bitchin'. I do get what you say to an extent though, it seems like you can throw out the name of a game and someone will insist it will be on sale during BF. It seems to me though that the BF games tend to follow trends: AAA fall releases that didn't have spectacular sales numbers or have had alot of sales after release (my money is on Deus Ex being a common game on sale this BF), third party titles, greatest hits titles, etc.[/QUOTE]

I am sure there will be good deals but it just seems recently anytime a deal is posted someone comes in saying the game will be $10 on BF. For me, the last games I bought on Bf I think were dragon age and fallout 3 for really cheap at best buy when they were still brand new.

I don't have the greatest memory but I'm almost 100% sure the common price for BF sales were $20-$35 or $40 for big name games and recent releases. I believe the only games that went for $10-$15 were either older games,greatest hits or games that just didn't do well (splatterhouse,enslaved,majin). I honestly don't see games like Crysis,La Norie or Dead Space 2 for under $20 this BF.

Grabbed Homefront, still waiting for Bulletstorm in the mail from earlier in the week... time of the year to stock up on cheap games haha.

Trying to install Bulletstorm and am getting this message
Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty. Clean the disc with a soft cloth and try again.
Why don't I ever get these "mint" conditioned discs???

Also, what would you guys suggest using to clean the top side of the disc?

I have good luck, got the epic edition.
I have bad luck, looks like a kid jizzed all over the disc and is scratched to fuck that it won't install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Bulletstorm, Castlevania, and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Never had a problem with gamefly but Spiderman gives me the dirty disc error when trying to install it. Also my pass for Bulletstorm is showing as not valid. Very weird. Oh well.

[quote name='Newl']Trying to install Bulletstorm and am getting this message
Why don't I ever get these "mint" conditioned discs???

Also, what would you guys suggest using to clean the top side of the disc?

I have good luck, got the epic edition.
I have bad luck, looks like a kid jizzed all over the disc and is scratched to fuck that it won't install.[/QUOTE]

Bad resurfacing.
My copy NFS: Hot Pursuit came that way.
If they're deep scratches you're fucked.

[quote name='I Am Legend']Ordered Bulletstorm, Castlevania, and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Never had a problem with gamefly but Spiderman gives me the dirty disc error when trying to install it. Also my pass for Bulletstorm is showing as not valid. Very weird. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Which Console?
I've got a couple PS3 ones and i think have an XBL one somewhere around here.

[quote name='dim2192']I remember last Black Friday, many of the relatively new AAA titles were $30 like Halo Reach and Fable 3.[/QUOTE]

same last year i picked up Fable III for 40, Naruto Ninja Storm 2 for 35,Heavy Rain for 30, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction for 10. I thought it was a great haul on BF.

GF always has great sales. Picked up Duke from the september sale and Homefront from this one. Cant wait to see what tomorrow night has to offer.

[quote name='Ktraze']does anyone know how long they usually take to ship...still waiting for my castlevania to arrive[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you live.

I'm in SoCal and i always get my stuff sent priority mail (When i choose standard free shipping)
Never takes longer than two days too be at my door.

Then again i think they have a shipping center around.

Dunno about the rest of you but with all these good deals popping up, it felt like the weekend was taking forever.

[quote name='Arkalivan']Dunno about the rest of you but with all these good deals popping up, it felt like the weekend was taking forever.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I can't wait to see the deals for tonight.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Yup, I can't wait to see the deals for tonight.[/QUOTE]

Same here. How long are these nightly sales going to go on, anyways?

'Indefinitely' sounds like a great answer, but in truth, would only lead to poverty...

Picked up homefront. This was my price point for the short campaign. It reminds me to much of the movie Red Dawn to not get it.

If I recall correctly it was written by the same guy as Red Dawn.

Never bought from Gamefly before. I see it states on the website that if you buy the game it comes with the online pass code, does anyone know if that is only when bought new, or do the used games come with the code too?

Thanks for your help.

[quote name='usmasters']If I recall correctly it was written by the same guy as Red Dawn.

Never bought from Gamefly before. I see it states on the website that if you buy the game it comes with the online pass code, does anyone know if that is only when bought new, or do the used games come with the code too?

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

every used game I have purchased through GF has included the DLC/online pass

[quote name='keck17']i wish gamefly accepted paypal as i have 0 credit/debit cards. so many good deals to pass up on[/QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way, I finally broke down and decided to just get the paypal debit card. I can now use paypal anywhere I want. Though since you said you have zero cards this may not be a option you're interested in.

Not to mention that you DO NOT want to use a DEBIT CARD online. I, too, wish they would accept Paypal. I made my first purchase from them last week, and discovered afterward that they keep your credit card information. There's no way to delete it, unlike Amazon and Gohastings.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I used to feel the same way, I finally broke down and decided to just get the paypal debit card. I can now use paypal anywhere I want. Though since you said you have zero cards this may not be a option you're interested in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ktraze']does anyone know how long they usually take to ship...still waiting for my castlevania to arrive[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you,waiting for my order still. It's my first time ordering from Gamefly so I'm naturally a bit worried. They sent me the email saying they shipped it, but I was surprised there was no tracking number or anything. Given I picked the cheapest/free shipping, so I assume they sent it via USPS, but still surprised they didn't use delivery confirmation or anything. I think everyone should use some sort of tracking # thing. Provides peace of mind for both parties involved.

[quote name='Investor']Not to mention that you DO NOT want to use a DEBIT CARD online. I, too, wish they would accept Paypal. I made my first purchase from them last week, and discovered afterward that they keep your credit card information. There's no way to delete it, unlike Amazon and Gohastings.[/QUOTE]

Whew. Good thing I used a temporary credit card number and made the credit limit on that number no more than the total purchase price. :)

So a box arrived from GameFly today. I ordered Bulletstorm (360) & Spiderman: SD (360), when I opened up the box Bulletstorm was inside, instead of Spiderman was a Nancy Drew book. WTF? So I emailed GameFly asking where my other game was. On their website it shows both games as having the same tracking number.

Either a GameFly employee decided to swap my game out with a book or a postal employee did it since the box was not actually sealed...just the sticky seal that Priority Mail boxes have.

I hope they don't just say..."Whoops, sorry. Here is a refund." I want them to replace the game.

I received my Bulletstorm copy today and it was the Epic edition. Now just waiting on Homefront to come in and wondering what deals this week will hold.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah Bulletstorm is a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though I just ran into one of the more famous glitches....

So I've only been a gamefly member for a couple months. I used the keep it now feature with Homefront. How does this exactly work, I figure they just send me out the empty case correct?

Gamefly really pissed me off today? My order was cancelled because they said their system doesnt take pre paid visa cards even tho i did a order with them a week and half ago with a pp visa....grrr...i guess its to AWD.....has anyone else had a problem with that? Brother Daz, whats happening man!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Gamefly really pissed me off today? My order was cancelled because they said their system doesnt take pre paid visa cards even tho i did a order with them a week and half ago with a pp visa....grrr...i guess its to AWD.....has anyone else had a problem with that? Brother Daz, whats happening man![/QUOTE]

Whats up bro, that sucks to hear man. I have never used a pre-paid card myself so I cant chime in on that one.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So I've only been a gamefly member for a couple months. I used the keep it now feature with Homefront. How does this exactly work, I figure they just send me out the empty case correct?[/QUOTE]
Basically.

[quote name='TraBuch']Wonder if there're plans for a Bulletstorm sequel.

How well did Bulletstorm sell?[/QUOTE]

Under-performed I believe that Mafia 2 outsold it by a lot I believe for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back