GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dysheekie']Debating on Dead Space 2. I'm not really into horror games - my only game time is at night after my wife and kids go to bed. So I normally play in the dark, with headphones on -- i.e. the perfect storm to be freaked out.

I do enjoy a good story though - so I'd like to play through it from that perspective. For those that have played it -- will this game make me piss myself, or is it worth pushing through to experience the game?[/QUOTE]

It's a great game to experience alone and in the dark..especially with headphones. Let's you get really sucked into the atmosphere of the game. The game is awesome(gameplay, graphic, voice acting) so that also helps.

Might roll the dice on TW2, but my rational side says "How can you? You still haven't played the first one that's been sitting on your BL for years!"

This is how it always goes....

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I guess this thread is not to helpful just like GF is. I will ignore GF for another 4-5 years even if the prices are real nice. This company is like a mini me version of gamestop but with worst CS which is hard to believe.

/me drops a banana peel as he closes the door.[/QUOTE]

I found the opposite, GF has great customer service. I e-mailed them last night about an unplayable disc, and they've already issued a refund and a FedEx label for the return.

I'm not thrilled about missing out on the deal -- considering canceling the return with GF, and buying and swapping a copy with Gamestop. However, I don't think my conscience will let me get away with that.

[quote name='destro4eva']Might roll the dice on TW2, but my rational side says "How can you? You still haven't played the first one that's been sitting on your BL for years!"

This is how it always goes....[/QUOTE]

DON'T PLAY THE FIRST ONE. IT'S TERRIBLE. SKIP IT AND BUY TWO WORLDS II. /allcaps

[quote name='DudeImGodly']DON'T PLAY THE FIRST ONE. IT'S TERRIBLE. SKIP IT AND BUY TWO WORLDS II. /allcaps[/QUOTE]
Personally I was able to stick with TW1 longer than I did with TW2. I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed TW1. I couldnt stand how the attack buttons are mapped to the triggers in TW2, I still dont know whos bright idea that was :roll:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']DON'T PLAY THE FIRST ONE. IT'S TERRIBLE. SKIP IT AND BUY TWO WORLDS II. /allcaps[/QUOTE]

I've only played a little of the second one and I agree. I bought the first game like 2 months ago for a few bucks and regretted it. There was some weird offbeat lag/glitching that wouldn't stop. I even installed the game but it didn't help. Lol.

For anyone who played Two Worlds 2, my dad loved Dragon Age 1 and 2 was ok. Would he like this for a Christmas gift you think? I can only get him to play WW2 games and some RPG's so he is hard to buy for. Any thoughts?

i think im going to set a timer on my phone 15 minutes before sells go live and get my cart set up....i keep missing all the deals!

The first one is a great game. I found it more immersive. Plus, you get a whopping 370 gamerscore for killing the final boss!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Red Faction is great, please buy it so I can find 3 other people to play Infestation mode with. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, I just caved in and bought it. :lol: I thought I could keep away and be content with only Dead Space 2.

That puts the Gamefly game total for the sale at 7. I almost purchased Two Worlds II, but it's out of stock. Thankfully.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I have a feeling we will see a killzone 3 or crysis 2 deal today[/QUOTE]

KZ3 is what I am hoping for! $9.99-$12.99!

Thinking of cancelling my need for speed order. I don't like that on my order shipping is listed as TBD two days later. That and what I hear it is a crap shoot if you get a good disc or not. Doesn't seem to reliable to me.

I thought I would take a chance but I am not a gambler usually and I read the feedback and don't like what I am hearing. That and I do not know if I want to support gamefly as they are way overpriced for their service which always seemed crappy to me. I will see. I will give it a tiny bit but my conscience is screaming at me like it always has..."stay away from gamefly".

Two Worlds is tremendously underrated, I think. It's ugly and unpolished, sure, but it's entirely competent, except maybe for the horses. I loved that teleportation stone you carried with you, and wish every action RPG had that.

[quote name='wrencrest']Both DS1 and DS2 scared the shit out of me. Of course, my wife also calls me a pussy, so go figure! lol[/QUOTE]

I don't typically get scared by games or movies, but seeing a Slasher plodding toward you is creepy as shit, and I shoot it excessively and then stomp it to pieces for about 30 seconds until I'm positive it won't come back.

I'm not very far into Dead Space 2, since I have a terrible habit of starting eight different games at once, but I'm not crazy about Isaac talking the whole time because he's kind of a tool now.

I have questions about three games just in case they show up. What's everyone's opinions on Crysis 2, Killzone 3, and Shift 2?

That's a hell of a deal for Dead Space 2. I got my hands on it earlier this year, so I didn't need to buy it. I'm curious to see what is going to be on sale tonight, as well. I've been holding out for this sale in hopes of something better that I haven't played yet. The problem is that I've played most of these titles already.

Just added :ps3: Dead Space 2 to my cart on 3 separate occasions, only to have it show up out of stock by the time I submitted the order 5 SECONDS LATER.

Oh and heres the kicker, now I have a pending transaction on my credit card from gamefly and nothing in my purchase history on my account. Pissed.

edit: gamefly service chat doesn't know why I was charged, but says the authorization fee should be removed soon. Nothing like a nice little ulcer to start your day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smbuckley2']Just added :ps3: Dead Space 2 to my cart on 3 separate occasions, only to have it show up out of stock by the time I submitted the order 5 SECONDS LATER.

Oh and heres the kicker, now I have a pending transaction on my credit card from gamefly and nothing in my purchase history on my account. Pissed.[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel a little better about pulling the trigger on Amazon a few days ago for 19 bones. A little.

[quote name='Javery']Dead Space 2 shipped already today! That was fast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post. That does it for me. I am cancelling my gamefly order. It has been two days and shipping on my order is still TBD. I say BS. I was on the fence anyway with this company. But your post sealed it for me.

Thank You.

Grabbed DNF the day before and snapped up Two Worlds 2 and Dead Space 2. Kind of hope that nothing good comes up the next couple of days ... to big a backlog.

Definitely get Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 (hopefully for around $10). But from what I've read of the reviews, Shift 1 is a lot better than Shift 2 (from IGN).

To the other guys who still haven't received their Bulletstorm, I still haven't either.

[quote name='jmeredi']I have questions about three games just in case they show up. What's everyone's opinions on Crysis 2, Killzone 3, and Shift 2?[/QUOTE]

^@ Junglerot: Dude, chill out. Gamefly does this. They don't promise same day shipping and their stuff comes from different facilities. Once it took like 3-4 days before they shipped 1 of my orders.

not as much of a deal now, but I have NFS HP for $17.97 shipped sitting in my cart. Worth it or should I hold off in hopes of another EA or Gamefly deal?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^@ Junglerot: Dude, chill out. Gamefly does this. They don't promise same day shipping and their stuff comes from different facilities. Once it took like 3-4 days before they shipped 1 of my orders.[/QUOTE]

I understand and I posted earlier I was on the fence with them anyway for multiple reasons. Shipping only being one of those. I just don't want to deal with them and the other poster saying his shipped already when my order is two days old was just the push I need to get me off the fence.

Just MY thing I don't want to deal with them.

Thanks though for the reply... ;)

[quote name='JungleRot']Thanks for the post. That does it for me. I am cancelling my gamefly order. It has been two days and shipping on my order is still TBD. I say BS. I was on the fence anyway with this company. But your post sealed it for me.

Thank You.[/QUOTE]

I ordered last night at like 8 or 9 pm EST and it shipped already - this is unusually fast. I've ordered about 4 or 5 times from them in the past and I've been completely happy with the condition they sent the used game in as well as the relatively quick delivery. I don't think they would be singling you out!

[quote name='GamerDude316']not as much of a deal now, but I have NFS HP for $17.97 shipped sitting in my cart. Worth it or should I hold off in hopes of another EA or Gamefly deal?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it for $19.99 brand new so if you have trade credit it might be worth it. $18 cash vs $20 trade.

[quote name='JungleRot']Thanks for the post. That does it for me. I am cancelling my gamefly order. It has been two days and shipping on my order is still TBD. I say BS. I was on the fence anyway with this company. But your post sealed it for me.

Thank You.[/QUOTE]

If you think this is bad, wait till you order on Black Friday deals or the Xmas Sale where you may have to wait a week or 2 for it to ship because they get so many orders and may have to wait for games to come back.

Every gamefly game I've gotten has been in great condition and for the prices you pay it's worth it. You just happened to have a strange first experience. Some times it's a matter of calling them too, ya know?

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wouldn't mind seeing fable 3 or dead rising 2 for around 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Already have DR2 but Fable III for $10 sounds good. I also would not mind KZ3 for $13.

[quote name='Javery']I ordered last night at like 8 or 9 pm EST and it shipped already - this is unusually fast. I've ordered about 4 or 5 times from them in the past and I've been completely happy with the condition they sent the used game in as well as the relatively quick delivery. I don't think they would be singling you out![/QUOTE]

lol.. Right on. It is just me. I am very picky with companies that get my money. The lol was for the singling me out line.

Thanks for the info and in the future I might change my mind.

I think I remember seeing something saying that my copy of two worlds 2 would ship in 2-4 business days. Canceling your order is your business as it is your money but wow, 2 days when they are doing major sales is a bit hasty I think, give them a chance.

Ninja Edit, my copy of TW:2 is shipped already, not bad since I ordered it late last night.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Amazon has it for $19.99 brand new so if you have trade credit it might be worth it. $18 cash vs $20 trade.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see that? Shows up as $27.99 new for me on the site.

Is there any way to track Gamefly orders? I already got an e-mail that my red Faction shipped, but there didn't appear to be a tracking number.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wouldn't mind seeing fable 3 or dead rising 2 for around 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet 2 more games I want. Would also like to see MVSC 3 drop to $10.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Where do you see that? Shows up as $27.99 new for me on the site.[/QUOTE]
i think the person is talking about the warehouse deals for amazon its
Used - Condition Like New

[quote name='GamerDude316']Where do you see that? Shows up as $27.99 new for me on the site.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpg']i think the person is talking about the warehouse deals for amazon its
Used - Condition Like New[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. For some reason I thought the GS deal was for new and Amazon had matched it. Gamefly would be better since it would have the Online Pass. Amazon Warehouse is a crap shoot for included codes. Sorry I wasted your time on a wild goose chase.

It's taking a while longer to get my games this time. Normally I have them in 3 or 4 days. Wonder why its taking a week + this time. Have you guys noticed a delayed time in shipping this go around?

[quote name='iwannadie']I think I remember seeing something saying that my copy of two worlds 2 would ship in 2-4 business days. Canceling your order is your business as it is your money but wow, 2 days when they are doing major sales is a bit hasty I think, give them a chance.

Ninja Edit, my copy of TW:2 is shipped already, not bad since I ordered it late last night.[/QUOTE]

i ordered at 11 pm pacific last nite and my order says shipped.

the spiderman i ordered last week still hasn't arrived, but everything else has. i've noticed lately though at least around here, mail service has been unreliable at best. so no panicking, it would've only gone into the backlog for a while anyway.

on another note, interested in seeing what is offered tonight. these sales are draining my wallet. lol

[quote name='TheSingingBard']the spiderman i ordered last week still hasn't arrived, but everything else has. i've noticed lately though at least around here, mail service has been unreliable at best. so no panicking, it would've only gone into the backlog for a while anyway.

on another note, interested in seeing what is offered tonight. these sales are draining my wallet. lol[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten my spiderman yet either so it's probably just that game

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sorry about that. For some reason I thought the GS deal was for new and Amazon had matched it. Gamefly would be better since it would have the Online Pass. Amazon Warehouse is a crap shoot for included codes. Sorry I wasted your time on a wild goose chase.[/QUOTE]

No worries man. Decided I'm holding off for now anyway. Trying to get a deal on NHL 12 and I have the Arkham City CE in a couple weeks...my backlog is already pretty huge so NFS HP would sit there for a while anyways.

[quote name='gotdott']I haven't gotten my spiderman yet either so it's probably just that game[/QUOTE]

Same thing. They said it shipped but it is my only package without a tracking number. I contacted them and they told me to wait until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back