GameFly Nightly Deals II: Crysis 2 $10, Transformers DotM (360) $13, Cartel (PS3) $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Now in Progress!

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

This is the last nightly sale for the week. Monthly sale hits next week.

:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99

Expired deals [hiddenlist]

Friday
:360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $9.99
:360: Yoostar 2 In the Movies $9.99
:360: Kinect Sports $12.99
:ps3: MAG $9.99
:ps3: PlayStation Move Heroes $7.99

Thursday
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $12.99
:360: WWE All Stars $12.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $19.99

Tuesday
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: NASCAR 2011: The Game $12.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $14.99

Thursday
:360: Apache Air Assault $9.99
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed: Need for Speed $9.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:ps3: Heavy Rain $14.99
:360: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ds: Kung Fu Panda 2 $9.99
:wii: Kung Fu Panda 2 - uDraw $9.99

Wednesday
:360: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:360: MotionSports $9.99
:ps3: WWE All-Stars $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $14.99

Tuesday
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $9.99
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $9.99
:360: You Don't Know Jack $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
DW7 came back in stock and i finally nabbed it. Now it is OOS, I must have gotten the last one. If you are interested I would check back, it has been in and out of stock

Bit on Crysis. $10 was the sweet spot for me. Thanks Cheepy.

Now if Xbox would have a sale on the 1st one to the tune of $10, I'd buy that one too!

Something tells me that there will be a crysis three pack released next year with parts one, two and warhead in the same package. I acually would pick that up of I really like crysis 2

Thank you to everyone who replied about the processing time. It, of course, went into shipped status 5 minutes after I bitched about it. (still no email or tracking number though but whatever)

[quote name='sluggo']Ten dollars is my sweet spot for any game that is at least average. Trying to resist the Crysis 2 deal. Its just a bad time, way to many games coming out to have any time to play older games!![/QUOTE]

Pretty much anything which doesn't release/arrive by 11-11-11 isn't going to get played this year period.

I'm still going to buy things mind you but most likely nothing will get touched much post-Skyrim.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian'] (still no email or tracking number though but whatever)

I'm still going to buy things mind you but most likely nothing will get touched much post-Skyrim.[/QUOTE]
i think u get a tracker if u order +2 or more could be wrong

^^^ lol
one last question, does gamefly send out a email telling you they shipped the game? My first purchase with gamefly (Crysis 2 PS3). Says shipped on the order status but no email or tracking number...
EDIT: one more thing, why can't I remove my credit card info now? is it possible to swap to a different card and remove the one I used to pay with because it's been charged or will they both get stuck now?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']^^^ lol
one last question, does gamefly send out a email telling you they shipped the game? My first purchase with gamefly (Crysis 2 PS3). Says shipped on the order status but no email or tracking number...[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should email you when they ship it. If you ordered only one game though, then you will most likely not get a tracking number as they send it via regular mail. You only get a tracking number if you order 2+ games and they ship it priority mail so you get it faster (something to keep in mind....).

My orders of 2 plus always got tracking numbers. 1 game has never gotten a tracking number but has arrived within 2 or 3 days of it being said shipped

[quote name='sluggo']Ten dollars is my sweet spot for any game that is at least average. Trying to resist the Crysis 2 deal. Its just a bad time, way to many games coming out to have any time to play older games!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXdxOaIT2ic[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're referring to Crysis 2 as average, but in my opinion it was anything but. Best FPS gameplay feel certainly this year and possibly top 5 of this generation. Best 3D out right now. Fun campaign, although the story is weak.

This is one of the very few games that makes every cut to stay in my house whenever I weed through my collection for trading in or selling.

one last question, does gamefly send out a email telling you they shipped the game? My first purchase with gamefly (Crysis 2 PS3). Says shipped on the order status but no email or tracking number...
EDIT: one more thing, why can't I remove my credit card info now? is it possible to swap to a different card and remove the one I used to pay with because it's been charged or will they both get stuck now?[/QUOTE]
Gamefly doesn't allow you to remove credit card info.

[quote name='midloo']More deals tonight? Any clues?[/QUOTE]

that was the last one of the nightly deals i think.

cheapy said they will have monthly sales now

[quote name='CheapyD']

This is the last nightly sale for the week. Monthly sale hits next week.
[/QUOTE]

From the OP. Last nightly Sale being the one from yesterday.

hmmm... alright. So what happens during the monthly sales? Are those the times that they have a big block of stuff on sale?

EDIT: one more thing, why can't I remove my credit card info now? is it possible to swap to a different card and remove the one I used to pay with because it's been charged or will they both get stuck now?[/QUOTE]

maybe its still pending?

[quote name='midloo']hmmm... alright. So what happens during the monthly sales? Are those the times that they have a big block of stuff on sale?[/QUOTE]

A whole bunch of good games go on sale for stupid cheap, most selling out crazy fast, leaving you to sit at work and smash refresh 10,000 times hoping to get it on a restock

[quote name='Lucky13']A whole bunch of good games go on sale for stupid cheap, most selling out crazy fast, leaving you to sit at work and smash refresh 10,000 times hoping to get it on a restock[/QUOTE]

Ha... my kind of sale :)

I'm gonna miss these sales, so awesome. Even though I only bought 3-4 games it was still fun waiting to see what they'd be each night.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm gonna miss these sales, so awesome. Even though I only bought 3-4 games it was still fun waiting to see what they'd be each night.[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly :)

[quote name='mr_bungle']i'm gonna miss these sales, so awesome. Even though i only bought 3-4 games it was still fun waiting to see what they'd be each night.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm gonna miss these sales, so awesome. Even though I only bought 3-4 games it was still fun waiting to see what they'd be each night.[/QUOTE]

I read in the OP that yesterday was the last sale of the week and the monthly sale starts next week. So after next week, wouldn't they go back to nightly sales again?

[quote name='adamgould']I read in the OP that yesterday was the last sale of the week and the monthly sale starts next week. So after next week, wouldn't they go back to nightly sales again?[/QUOTE]

No. Why would you think that? There'll be other sales again, but it's not like they have sales all the time.

[quote name='Investor']Dead Space 3?[/QUOTE]
I think his talking about
Dungeon Siege III

ps dead space 3 is still not out =)

I received Infamous 2 today. OF the 4 games I have ordered it is by far the most "chipped". 2 of the chips felt really rough to the touch. I have smoothed them out a bit with a pencil. Surface area of the disc looks pristine as usual. I hope it works ok...:headache:

Got my Infamous 2 on monday, would love to get hold of that new Transformers for $13 and keep trying but always soldout...anyway sucks nightly deals are over but my wallet will say otherwise:)....hehe only bought 11 games during the sales!. Got Mario for 3DS coming from amazon on tuesday and will check on the monthly deals after work on tuesday...still hope to be lucky and grab Dark of the Moon for 360 if they ever get back in stock!.

[quote name='whitereflection']No. Why would you think that? There'll be other sales again, but it's not like they have sales all the time.[/QUOTE]

I bet they will. The nightly sales stopped for October's monthly sale and then came back afterwards. Plus once the monthly deal ends we'll be on the verge of black friday/cyber money and Gamefly always does these kind of deals around then.

Well I am sending back Infamous 2. Its just to chipped. Still its the first game I have received from them that I could not accept. Not to bad.

I've gotten some great deals from Gamefly in the past but I am a little iritated by yesterdays transaction or lack thereof.
The site showed DotM in stock for 360 so I put it in my cart, proceeded through checkout hit "submit order" and the end and then got a message that the item had been removed from my cart because it was unavailable. I go on to the site this morning and DotM is back on the site, showing as in stock but the price now bumped back up to $17.99. Hopefully it will be part of the monthly sale at the $12.99 price point

[quote name='strait edge follower']My copy of crysis 2 hasn't shipped yet and I ordered it during the first night of the sale :([/QUOTE]

Same for me...

[quote name='adamgould']Same for me...[/QUOTE]

same here. I wonder how many copies they sold because I think Joystiq also reported the sale.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Anybody know what day the monthly sale will go live?[/QUOTE]

Next week, Cheapy has it on the first page. Can't wait to see what they are going to be.

Has anyone else noticed that Gamefly has seemed to go down hill recently in customer service? I bought a game from them in this past sale and it is unreadable due to it being scratched up. I contacted them and they will only email a label to return it. They say they don't replace games they sell that are defective but I'm more than welcome to repurchase it at the current price (5.00 more than what I paid) and pay for shipping. Also since I don't have the original envelope it came in they expect me to pay for a shipping envelope as well. According to Ross D on their live chat "all online retailers operate that way". This company looks like the next gaming company that once was great but has clearly lost touch with what good customer service is. Just a heads up to anyone considering ordering from them in the future.

That doesn't mean its right. If they have it still in stock for sale they should replace it or they should say in their terms of service that if the product does not work you may be subject to having to pay more to receive a working copy and as of now their terms of service don't state or even imply that at all.

They offered a refund and offer to pay the return shipping on any defective products. That seems fair enough.

What has gone downhill is the condition of the games they sell. Every single game I've purchased from them during these sales were chipped, and many people in this thread have had that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back