GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']How are pre owned gamefly games guys, they come in mint condition almost?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, cases and manuals come mint, codes (if there are any) are unused, but the discs can range from good condition to below average but still works.

[quote name='VaultDweller']uh...no they do not, they were rentals[/QUOTE]

Im speaking of the packaging/manuals etc....and i said "almost"...i didnt ask if they are mint.

I realize the games might have a ding or two, but im speaking about everything else in how well gamefly keeps their boxes and manuels.

Edit: For those that have bought, are the discs more times than naught decent or are they sort of banged up most of the time?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Nothing says supporting a developer quite like waiting six months and buying the game for 66% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just like those recently sold El Shaddai copies are supporting a developer that no longer exists.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Im speaking of the packaging/manuals etc....and i said "almost"...i didnt ask if they are mint.

I realize the games might have a ding or two, but im speaking about everything else in how well gamefly keeps their boxes and manuels.

Edit: For those that have bought, are the discs more times than naught decent or are they sort of banged up most of the time?[/QUOTE]

Mine have all been pristine. I buy mostly PS3 games with the occasional Wii title thrown in.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Im speaking of the packaging/manuals etc....and i said "almost"...i didnt ask if they are mint.

Edit: For those that have bought, are the discs more times than naught decent or are they sort of banged up most of the time?[/QUOTE]

Almost every disc will come with the edges chipped. It will still work but an annoying fact to deal with.

i've never gotten a game from them that's been chipped, and i've bought around 10 over the last few years. and they tend to be older games (read $7.99), so it's not like they haven't been rented out plenty of times. at worst, lightly scratched, usually 360 games. ps3 are always in perfect condition though.

[quote name='Usermike']Is L.A. Noire worth it? I mean what if it gets GOTY later on?[/QUOTE]

It actually already has one

[quote name='Usermike']Is L.A. Noire worth it? I mean what if it gets GOTY later on?[/QUOTE]

LA Noire is highly underrated IMO. It's one of the best experiences that I have had playing a game in a long time. I paid $60 for it. For $15 it's an absolute steal.

i think goty is either already out or about to be. "complete edition" same thing?

[quote name='stewie75']i've never gotten a game from them that's been chipped, and i've bought around 10 over the last few years. and they tend to be older games (read $7.99), so it's not like they haven't been rented out plenty of times. at worst, lightly scratched, usually 360 games. ps3 are always in perfect condition though.[/QUOTE]

Your quite lucky then. Of the last 6 games I ordered from them 5 had chips alone the edges and the only one that didn't was a PS3 game. If I didn't use my PS3 as the dust magnet to keep my xbox shiny I would consider ordering more games for it.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']How are pre owned gamefly games guys, they come in mint condition almost?[/QUOTE]
All the games I've gotten (case, booklet, codes) are mint and unused. Besides one rare case with NMH where the case was cracked on top and looked scuffed like it had hit pavement or something.

Out of the 15 games I've bought, at least 9 have chips on them. Most of them aren't a big deal since they are small. But two of them are pretty huge, the game works fine though so I don't really care specially when I'm paying $7.99 - $12.99 for some great games.

One thing I applaud Gamefly for is that all the codes I've gotten work, the guy that got some codes that were used must either be extremely unlucky or got one of those 'used' trade-in games. (Apparently GF takes used games now, so....)

I was close to caving and buying Alice, but then I came upon howtobeat.com. I put my backlog on there and saw that it would take at least around 8 days to finish the games I actually intend on beating, let alone the ones I gave up on/got bored with.

A very sobering experience ._.

[quote name='Sonne']I was close to caving and buying Alice, but then I came upon howtobeat.com. I put my backlog on there and saw that it would take at least around 8 days to finish the games I actually intend on beating, let alone the ones I gave up on/got bored with.

A very sobering experience ._.[/QUOTE]
You've been CAG here for not even a year. It'll get worse. Just submit. SUBMIT TO THE BACKLOG TEMPTATION!

12.99 is my price. I would love 9.99 but for 3.00 I won't be picky; plus I will more than likely get a free copy of the original Alice.

Thanks!

[quote name='Sonne']I was close to caving and buying Alice, but then I came upon howtobeat.com.[/QUOTE]

Don't advertise your domain that's for sale.:roll:

Back on topic. I just had my first experience with Gamefly and all 3 PS3 games, Red Faction Armageddon, Duke Nukem and Brink, have at least 8 major and minor chips on the edges. One disc has a weird film underneath and looks like somebody was rubbing it incorrectly instead of center out. Another disc also has the weird film and a lot of fingerprints and the last disc is just covered in greasy looking fingerprints. I mention this because the website claims all disc's are cleaned and polished. The cases look mint except 2 have a slice on the bottom where the case comes together. Booklets and inserts are all mint. I think Gamefly is not a good match for me.

[quote name='Sonne']I was close to caving and buying Alice, but then I came upon howtobeat.com. I put my backlog on there and saw that it would take at least around 8 days to finish the games I actually intend on beating, let alone the ones I gave up on/got bored with.

A very sobering experience ._.[/QUOTE]
I'd go into a panic-induced spending spree if I only had 8 days worth of games to play in my backlog.

And he's not advertising a domain, he just typed it wrong. It's howlongtobeat.com. Neat site.

Well I'm going to keep my new copy of Alice that I just ordered from Best Buy. They impressed me this holiday season and the last few games I've received from Gamefly have been really messed up. They used to be incredibly reliable, but the chipping issue has become more common. I even received a copy of Red Faction whose DL code had been used! That was a first for me with GF.

[quote name='bigsick']thanks cheapy. got a :360: alice and a :ps3: LA Noire.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing...gave in for both games though I made a pledge not to buy more games this year ...lol....

I need therapy badly .... haha

Wow nothing is sold out yet. Not a good sign for those of us who bought today (I got LA Noire PS3) as they very possibly could drop a few bucks during the monthly sale.

Funny how gamefly totally shot themselves in the foot by dropping prices during last months sale. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have jumped on these deals if they didn't get burned last month.

[quote name='V Gundam']Don't advertise your domain that's for sale.:roll:

Back on topic. I just had my first experience with Gamefly and all 3 PS3 games,l Red Faction Armageddon, Duke Nukem and Brink, have at least 8 major and minor chips on the edges. One disc has a weird film underneath and looks like somebody was rubbing it incorrectly instead of center out. Another disc also has the weird film and a lot of fingerprints and the last disc is just covered in greasy looking fingerprints. I mention this because the website claims all disc's are cleaned and polished. The cases look mint except 2 have a slice on the bottom where the case comes together. Booklets and inserts are all mint. I think Gamefly is not a good match for me.[/QUOTE]

Knew someone was going to say something like that. I did notice that i mentioned the wrong site, it was howlongtobeat.com, and i found it after googling the playthrough time for Alice. I thought people may be interested in that stuff too. Hopefully that checks out all right with you.

Picked up LA Noire.

I remember around earlier this year, Toys-R-Us had a "buy two games for $50, $60", something like that. I went to get F3AR and LA Noire, but the cashier showed me a sign that that deal was void, and offered a $50 gift card if you buy both. I told them forget it, "No game on the planet is worth more than $19.99", is one of my gaming mottos. "Except a literal handful".

How ironic that now I got F3AR $10 and LA Noire $15 for even less. Just another reason why patience can save you big in the long run.

[quote name='MillionBlades']Did the same thing...gave in for both games though I made a pledge not to buy more games this year ...lol....

I need therapy badly .... haha[/QUOTE]

Hell, if every game released was for less than $20, your backlog would never be finished.

[quote name='lockarm']Picked up LA Noire.

I remember around earlier this year, Toys-R-Us had a "buy two games for $50, $60", something like that. I went to get F3AR and LA Noire, but the cashier showed me a sign that that deal was void, and offered a $50 gift card if you buy both. I told them forget it, "No game on the planet is worth more than $19.99", is one of my gaming mottos. "Except a literal handful".

How ironic that now I got F3AR $10 and LA Noire $15 for even less. Just another reason why patience can save you big in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get FEAR 3 for $10?

Part of me wants to try Alice, but I have a feeling it's going to be a love it or hate it game for me.

Considering that, I'll hold out for $10 or less.

[quote name='TheHelix']Remember what CheapyD said
Cheap your head[/QUOTE]

I want to meet the hookah smoking caterpillar.

Nice deal, pulled the trigger on Alice PS3. I think this is the lowest it will be for a while.

Amazon TIV is $15 and new is $38. Lowest used copy on Amazon is high $20's. Free Alice 2000 code sweetens it for sure.

Thx OP.

[quote name='velvet396']LA Noire, approaching the $10 auto-buy and add to backlog point.[/QUOTE]

I think for $10 I'd finally have to bite, too.

I purchased la noire for ps3 about a month ago for $20 for my friend cuz he lost a borrowed copy...

I was gonna play the game before I handed it over but my 60 gb ps3 would not let my play the game it would go black screen and game would freeze my ps3. I was mad.hI

Hope no one had this issue if you get the ps3 version of la noire...since I own both consoles I got the 360. version

Has Gamefly ever had Mass Effect 2 for PS3 on sale? Id love to score a copy with an unused Cerberus code for 9.99 or 12.99

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I've had a couple of gamefly games come with codes that had already been used.[/QUOTE]

I know this is a few pages back, but I did he didn't ask if the codes would be used. Plus if they are just call Gamefly and they will send you another box + codes to you.

In for demons forge. had a 5 dollar off coupon as well.

I bought alice day one and got my time out of it, great visuals, just gets ultra repetitive.

LA NOIRE....do i even have to go there..

Not interested in LA Noire (don't know why) I am in for Alice, and Demon's Forge for sure though. Picked up Shadows of The Damned, and Saboteur simply for the hell of it though. 70 dollars for 4 games all shipping and tax included. Yes please.

Most of my games come in from them in really great shape, my only issue with them was my 360 Crysis 2 that was chipped in several places. I traded it in w/o even playing it. My backlog is ridiculous.

I would recommend Alice. It drags a little towards the end, but the ending made it worth it. Just wish some of the unexciting filler stages would have been shortened. Why don't they realize we want good games, not long games?

I just got my Catherine and Splinter Cell Conviction from my 12 off coupon. I am very pleased with their condition. Soooooooo are the deal games going to switch at 5 PST.

[quote name='bardockkun']You've been CAG here for not even a year. It'll get worse. Just submit. SUBMIT TO THE BACKLOG TEMPTATION![/QUOTE]

I know, I'm starting to feel like those "Extreme Couponers" buying pallets of ketchup because it only cost them $1.39.

So has there been a universal $5 promo floating around?

And on LA Noire, that is the last game I paid MSRP for and I dont regret it one bit.

[quote name='whitereflection']If anyone from Gamefly is reading this, I would suck a dick for $9.99 Virtua Tennis 4.[/QUOTE]

Ummm naw I am not that much of CAG LOL!

bread's done
Back