GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Last game I got from Gamefly didn't work at all but I'm willing to give them one more shot on Crysis 2. I was hoping to find a good deal on it during Black Friday but for $10 this is the next best thing. I'm really hoping I get a working copy this time.

Decided to jump on Dirt 3. I've always been interested and it seems like the right price point. HOORAY MORE TO THE ENDLESS BACKLOG!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']You will need an online pass for used copies of Dirt 3. The online pass is $10[/QUOTE]The online pass is included with GF games

[quote name='bardockkun']Decided to jump on Dirt 3. I've always been interested and it seems like the right price point. HOORAY MORE TO THE ENDLESS BACKLOG![/QUOTE]

Completed the first 2 dirt games. Snagged dirt 3 as well.

Is it normal to have an excessive amount of games in the backlog? I have at least 60 360 games untouched. When it's a great deal on a title I will eventually play I gotta buy it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm almost positive Crysis 2 doesn't require an online pass, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. The "pass" is for the limited edition extras.

[quote name='Hardware']Is it normal to have an excessive amount of games in the backlog? I have at least 60 360 games untouched. When it's a great deal on a title I will eventually play I gotta buy it.[/QUOTE]

Of course. This is CAG. I've got about 115 current gen games in my backlog (between PS3, 360, PSN, XBLA, and Wii)

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Correct. The "pass" is for the limited edition extras.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Of course. This is CAG. I've got about 115 current gen games in my backlog (between PS3, 360, PSN, XBLA, and Wii)

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't there come a point where you wonder if you will ever get to some of those? I mean if it keeps piling up and up idk. I don't have room to talk as I have a big backlog myself (although nowhere near that much). But still everytime I buy a game I think about my backlog and wonder if I really should. It might not be much money but it all adds up too. Unless you're a collector of sorts, then I guess it doesn't really matter lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Doesn't there come a point where you wonder if you will ever get to some of those? I mean if it keeps piling up and up idk. I don't have room to talk as I have a big backlog myself (although nowhere near that much). But still everytime I buy a game I think about my backlog and wonder if I really should. It might not be much money but it all adds up too. Unless you're a collector of sorts, then I guess it doesn't really matter lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know my backlog is way too big (though definitely not the biggest on CAG). I got a 360 about 2 years ago and PS3 about 18 months ago, so I've had a ton of games that I've wanted to catch up on (for example, I just beat Assassin's Creed II).

I do wonder if I will get to all of them, but I'd like to think I'll get to most of them over the next few years. No way I'll buy a PS4 or Xbox 720 near their launch, so I think when those are released it will give me a good chance to finish catching up on these.

Also, I've purchased 3 new games this year (Portal 2 for $35, two weeks after it was released. Arkham City with $30 gaming coupon to Kmart, beat and sold the game to a friend for $35. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS3 for $40 on Newegg pre-order sale, cuz I thought that was worth $13.33 per game). Other than that, I am a true CAG and buy games very cheaply (most recently gotten a lot from the Gamefly sale) so if I don't end up getting to them and need to sale them, we're talking about maybe a $5 loss in the long run, which isn't that big of deal to me. I've definitely made money on games by buying them for cheap, playing and beating, and then selling on Amazon for more than I paid.

So that's how I justify my backlog to myself, for the most part.

I'm very interested in KZ3 at that price, but my backlog is so big and I can just borrow it from a friend... Then again, if I bought it I would have all the KZ games just like I now own all the Resistance games. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='kidrocklive']Doesn't there come a point where you wonder if you will ever get to some of those? I mean if it keeps piling up and up idk. I don't have room to talk as I have a big backlog myself (although nowhere near that much). But still everytime I buy a game I think about my backlog and wonder if I really should. It might not be much money but it all adds up too. Unless you're a collector of sorts, then I guess it doesn't really matter lol.[/QUOTE]

Thats a valid question. I'll admit I'll never get to all of them. Some were bought when cheap games weren't as common earlier on in this generation. Much better games have come out since and now within 3 months of release they hit $20. Point is I used to buy cheap games just to have extras to play, usually never touched them then. Now I only buy games I know will be played.

Lesson i learned is its pointless buying a game for $20 if it might be $10 by the time I get to it. So I try to be picky when buying now.

[quote name='Hardware']Lesson i learned is its pointless buying a game for $20 if it might be $10 by the time I get to it. So I try to be picky when buying now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got quite the eye opener on BF. I bought Gears 3 the day it came out because I wanted it so bad. But then because of school I couldn't play it at all. Then I see it's on sale for $28 with free shipping I'm just like ugh.... lol. Lesson learned though.

hi, if anyone has a battlefield bad company 2 online code that they are not going to use , I would really appreciate it if you would send it to me.

I justify my backlog as a collection and I do display the games with the collectible figures etc... if you love the hobby and can afford whatever u buy who gives a shit. Nobody plays with the artwork they buy and they spend a lot more on that.

[quote name='Scorpion']hi, if anyone has a battlefield bad company 2 online code that they are not going to use , I would really appreciate it if you would send it to me.[/QUOTE]

If you had read the thread you'd know that
1) gamefly games come with online passes
2) the BC2 passes seem to have expired.

These Gamefly sales are backlog killers. I went through the year effectively trimming down the backlog and then Q4 hits and I'm screwed all over again. It's hard to pass up $10 - $15 titles as some of these will never be found cheaper than that even in the next year or so. At the same time, some CAGs have 50+ games that are just collecting dust waiting to be played.

I really don't want to add more to the backlog, but crysis 2 and dirt 3 pulled me in with their siren song.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I know my backlog is way too big (though definitely not the biggest on CAG). I got a 360 about 2 years ago and PS3 about 18 months ago, so I've had a ton of games that I've wanted to catch up on (for example, I just beat Assassin's Creed II).

I do wonder if I will get to all of them, but I'd like to think I'll get to most of them over the next few years. No way I'll buy a PS4 or Xbox 720 near their launch, so I think when those are released it will give me a good chance to finish catching up on these.

Also, I've purchased 3 new games this year (Portal 2 for $35, two weeks after it was released. Arkham City with $30 gaming coupon to Kmart, beat and sold the game to a friend for $35. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS3 for $40 on Newegg pre-order sale, cuz I thought that was worth $13.33 per game). Other than that, I am a true CAG and buy games very cheaply (most recently gotten a lot from the Gamefly sale) so if I don't end up getting to them and need to sale them, we're talking about maybe a $5 loss in the long run, which isn't that big of deal to me. I've definitely made money on games by buying them for cheap, playing and beating, and then selling on Amazon for more than I paid.

So that's how I justify my backlog to myself, for the most part.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem when I got my PS3 last christmas and had a xbox 360, sold all the xbox stuff this summer and used CAG & my local pawn shop/craigslist to get games cheap, I had about 150 games between those 2 systems (I have a wii but thats pretty much my girlfriends system, though we have.. 25 games for that but have played 5 of those?) I've traded and sold a lot, but I sold the XB3, I was down to around 25 ps3 games? Since then I've done nothing but buy cheap games like shaun white snowboarding, lots of guitar hero, tony hawk, mirrors edge & army of 2, I have almost 100 ps3 games alone, it's ridiculous, I need to update my collection here, my games are just stashed all over the house. :wall: but as stated, there on some CAGs here who I bet have 300+

[quote name='DonWii']Backed out of Bad Company 2 after I heard the servers may shut down, which is probably true.[/QUOTE]

I find that extremely hard to believe. The talk about servers shutting down was for the original Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, not Bad Company 2. To be sure, Bad Company 2 is more or less DOA online and I wouldn't be surprised if the servers really were shut down a year or two from now.

It's scary how quickly misinformation spreads on the Internet. Does no one bother to research anything anymore?

[quote name='whitereflection']

It's scary how quickly misinformation spreads on the Internet. Does no one bother to research anything anymore?[/QUOTE]
This is the internet. CNN now runs on Twitter and Facebook posts. Of course not.

Though yes everyone seems to freak out WAAAAY too easily over EA's servers.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i wonder if anyone will get the bf2 bc ultimate edition[/QUOTE]
Considering Gamefly never rents out game of the year/gold/whatever iterations have DLC packed with it or sell them, no.

Ugh, really shouldn't have bought anymore games. But couldn't pass up Battlefield 2 and Dirt 3, both for under $25. I have bought like 10 games so far this holiday season.

[quote name='bardockkun']Considering Gamefly never rents out game of the year/gold/whatever iterations have DLC packed with it or sell them, no.[/QUOTE]

I bought dead space 2(ps3) from them a while back and it was the Limited Edition version with DLC card inside.

[quote name='iwannadie']I bought dead space 2(ps3) from them a while back and it was the Limited Edition version with DLC card inside.[/QUOTE]

All of the PS3 versions of Dead Space 2 were the limited that came with Extraction on the disc and the DLC for the online. I also bought my Dead Space 2 from gamefly.

[quote name='Scorpion']hi, if anyone has a battlefield bad company 2 online code that they are not going to use , I would really appreciate it if you would send it to me.[/QUOTE]
they send you a online code if you buy the game used anyways.

[quote name='iwannadie']I bought dead space 2(ps3) from them a while back and it was the Limited Edition version with DLC card inside.[/QUOTE]
Those were some of the day 1 versions. Gamefly still won't sell updated versions of games.
[quote name='rly723']is it true EA will close the online servers for BF2 is the near future?[/QUOTE]
No one knows when they're going to close. Everyone is just assuming, but the fact that it still has such an active community means probably not anytime soon.

[quote name='bh47']These Gamefly sales are backlog killers. I went through the year effectively trimming down the backlog and then Q4 hits and I'm screwed all over again. It's hard to pass up $10 - $15 titles as some of these will never be found cheaper than that even in the next year or so. At the same time, some CAGs have 50+ games that are just collecting dust waiting to be played.[/QUOTE]

im around 100 games and most of them are RPGs and platformers:cry:

[quote name='CaoPi']it's passed 5pm nothing new today?[/QUOTE]

I heard that there is nothing new until monday, because there are only new deals on weekdays.

FUck! I wanted Crisis 2 and its gone, yet the one game (KZ3)I thought would sell fast and be gone is still there to buy... shit!

[quote name='Ravenous']FUck! I wanted Crisis 2 and its gone, yet the one game (KZ3)I thought would sell fast and be gone is still there to buy... shit![/QUOTE]
I bet you KZ3 is still there cause many of the potential buyers bought it at Best Buy during the Cyber Monday sale where it was dirt cheap for $24.99 for the Helghast Edition.

bread's done
Back