GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maynard']This is the way I view buying video games right now. If you have over 5 games in your backlog you should not buy any games until you finish at least 3 of those 5 games. When you actually get to beating those 3 out of 5 games you will go to get "insert popular video game here" and it will cost way less then it would have. This has worked flawlessly for me this year and I'm doing great so far. Beat more games this year than any years past and I have a 13 month old!

I passed on Shadows of the Damn because I have Skyrim and Batman right now, Uncharted 3 up next, God of War PSP HD Collection, L.A. Noire. Also, add Battlefield 3 on PC in there and I'm pretty booked. When I go to buy SOTD next year or soon it will most likely be $10 for a new copy, Catherine is no different. Yeah it is a good deal, but hold off and you'll prosper :)[/QUOTE]

Your method is exactly why my backlog is only at 16 right now :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']NOOOOOO !!!!! why is my debit card always empty for these great gamefly deals ? Catherine for under 20 is a fucking great deal :([/QUOTE]

same here bro. Dont worry, it should be back less than 2 weeks.

Catherine was the only game left on my 'buy list' for the rest of the year. At under $20, it hits the sweet spot. Easy resell on it, too.

Finally, something I'll play instead of Skyrim (65 hours and counting - could use a break, I think).

Catherine is a great game, but hard as fuck.

Anyway, BB:CS2 seems like a pretty good deal, but I heard it doesn't have online play. *shrug*

[quote name='AugustAPC']Catherine is a great game, but hard as fuck.

Anyway, BB:CS2 seems like a pretty good deal, but I heard it doesn't have online play. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

I hate puzzle games (only game I get a guide for..) how much is puzzles in comparison to the story / other gameplay? It seems so interesting...

My $15 Killzone 3 arrived today, in mint condition. They're 5 for 5 for me: Crysis 2, Homefront, Child of Eden, Duke Forever and now this. I still would rather buy new to support the companies/industry, but these have been killer deals.

[quote name='kingsnuff']wow the one night i fall asleep and catherine finally goes on sale. :wall: stalking the the site for the rest of the night.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I got home and felt tired as hell, so I went to sleep at 6PM.
Never again...

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I hate puzzle games (only game I get a guide for..) how much is puzzles in comparison to the story / other gameplay? It seems so interesting...[/QUOTE]

Probably 55/45, with the puzzles making up the 45. The rest is conversation tree-type stuff and cutscenes. Like I mentioned, use the Very Easy mode if you just want to play through the other stuff.

Damnit! I can't believe I missed Catherine. That and Warhammer are the last 2 I want to get. Hopefully more come back in stock for the end of the year sale or later today; otherwise come on best buy!!

[quote name='MillionBlades']Picked up Catherine...for that price I can't go wrong[/QUOTE]

did it come back in stock? I just checked and not for sale

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I hate puzzle games (only game I get a guide for..) how much is puzzles in comparison to the story / other gameplay? It seems so interesting...[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of puzzle games either, but I got Catherine anyways when it was released. I'm not sure it was worth it personally. The game is probably 75% block puzzles. I put the game on very easy to get past them as fast as possible, but I don't think I'd ever replay it again, which is a shame because the story parts were very cool.

[quote name='Maynard']This is the way I view buying video games right now. If you have over 5 games in your backlog you should not buy any games until you finish at least 3 of those 5 games. When you actually get to beating those 3 out of 5 games you will go to get "insert popular video game here" and it will cost way less then it would have. This has worked flawlessly for me this year and I'm doing great so far. Beat more games this year than any years past and I have a 13 month old!

I passed on Shadows of the Damn because I have Skyrim and Batman right now, Uncharted 3 up next, God of War PSP HD Collection, L.A. Noire. Also, add Battlefield 3 on PC in there and I'm pretty booked. When I go to buy SOTD next year or soon it will most likely be $10 for a new copy, Catherine is no different. Yeah it is a good deal, but hold off and you'll prosper :)[/QUOTE]

What if your backlog is more like 500 games? What do I do then? Between all the console/pc/iphone games, indie/flash/free games, and classic games I've never played, my backlog is insane.

I forgot to check this thread last night, but I agree with you. Even though 18 for Catherine is good, I know for a fact that it will be cheaper so I can wait. I haven't bought a game at full price since probably 7 years ago when WOW launched. I do feel like I miss out on some of the social experience of playing new games sometimes though.

[quote name='nny']What if your backlog is more like 500 games? What do I do then? Between all the console/pc/iphone games, indie/flash/free games, and classic games I've never played, my backlog is insane.

I forgot to check this thread last night, but I agree with you. Even though 18 for Catherine is good, I know for a fact that it will be cheaper so I can wait. I haven't bought a game at full price since probably 7 years ago when WOW launched. I do feel like I miss out on some of the social experience of playing new games sometimes though.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone my friend. Backlog is uncanny right now. Definitely 300+, including 100+ most likely on Xbox 360 and PS3 games alone. :'(

But I'm cool with it. Gotta try to get to em. I'm completing a game a week on recent months, so my list has not increased as much.

[quote name='felix559']finally got catherine![/QUOTE]
Went out and got on my buddies phone when I read that but OOS again I guess. Thought it might have been back in stock...
:cry:

*head desk* Missed Catherine myself. I might just buckle down and buy it new since it's on sale at Gamestop for $39.99 (49.99 used....)

[quote name='Sonne']Probably 55/45, with the puzzles making up the 45. The rest is conversation tree-type stuff and cutscenes. Like I mentioned, use the Very Easy mode if you just want to play through the other stuff.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why I'm interested in this game. I don't really have any interest in the story and conversation tree stuff, and the block puzzles really weren't any fun when I played the demo.

Yet I still want this game...weird.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I have no idea why I'm interested in this game. I don't really have any interest in the story and conversation tree stuff, and the block puzzles really weren't any fun when I played the demo.

Yet I still want this game...weird.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean.

[quote name='lordopus99']wow on the hype for Catherine. Def not for me. There are plenty of good puzzler for a heck of lot cheaper on XBLA and Steam.[/QUOTE]

If you approach it as a puzzler, you are doing it wrong. Consider it a look into male relational psychi with puzzles thrown in. Probably one of the few games out there that made me think on a more intuitively male level than anything else I've played.

Picked up Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Never could find it on clearance and this is the lowest price I've seen online. Now the only other DS game I need to get is Kirby Mass Attack. I think after that one I'm done with the DS.

Just grabbed a 360 version myself. Awesome.

By the way.. any idea which cover this will end up being? I see they have the 'censored' version on the site, but I don't know if that's what they have or just a placeholder.

[quote name='flybrione']Picked up Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Never could find it on clearance and this is the lowest price I've seen online. Now the only other DS game I need to get is Kirby Mass Attack. I think after that one I'm done with the DS.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Caved in and bought Golden Sun for $7 after my 10% discount and $5 coupon. Only missing the latest Kirby, and the DS collection should be complete as far as games that interest me are concerned.

[quote name='nny']What if your backlog is more like 500 games? What do I do then? Between all the console/pc/iphone games, indie/flash/free games, and classic games I've never played, my backlog is insane.

I forgot to check this thread last night, but I agree with you. Even though 18 for Catherine is good, I know for a fact that it will be cheaper so I can wait. I haven't bought a game at full price since probably 7 years ago when WOW launched. I do feel like I miss out on some of the social experience of playing new games sometimes though.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I just decided to do this as well. I purchased llike 8 games this last month and a half. My backlog is insane on my xbox, ps3, wii, ios, wp7, and 3ds. I probably can not purchase a game for the next couple years. lol. Which I know I cannot help myself, I almost bit on Catherine, but decided it would just sit for now and i could get it cheaper later. Good deal though.

I hope gamefly puts a ton of junk games on sale in the next few months...my wallet is needs some breathing room..... And I need to chip away games from my backlog pile.

i guess there is no hope of a sale on Bodycount ever. search results pull up nothing at gamefly.

i heard the game sold so poorly yet its still at the $40 margin everywhere.

got myself a Catherine... thanks all!!

now get my warhammer and I am good to go!

on a side note: Anyone need a coupon for Catherine from Best Buy Gamer Magazine; I will mail it out to you

second side note: My wallet hopes the sales stop!

[quote name='007']Just grabbed a 360 version myself. Awesome.

By the way.. any idea which cover this will end up being? I see they have the 'censored' version on the site, but I don't know if that's what they have or just a placeholder.[/QUOTE]

I assume it is probably the censored one. Nothing the color printer at work or ebay can fix :D

[quote name='Dranakin']Bah, had to cancel my Catherine order. Backlog is just too big.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, I never had to, but How do you cancel your order? I did not see a cancel button.

bread's done
Back